Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hurricane Michael and the Rundown on my Absence

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:601502
  • Souls Baptized:232,393
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:King Cankles

Hello IRON, I'm very happy to be strolling through the forums and Discord once again. Its been a long time since ive truly reconnected with you guys. This community has always been something that i love and value and i dont think i will ever depart from it permanently. Lately im sure you've all seen the news on hurricane Michael and its effects on the Gulf Coast of Florida, which is directly where i live. This isnt a sympathy post whatsoever, i just wanted to give you guys an update on what ive been up to and what brings me back!

(PICS BELOW IF YOU WANT TO SKIP THIS DULL ASS STORY)

About 6 months ago, i was signed onto the LLC of my family business, making me a part owner. This new position brought about loads of work and i stayed busier than ever. For anyone who doesnt know, im a martial arts instructor and thats what our business is. Ive been working in Panama City for about 4 years now. Developing relationships with the people i teach and preserving the art of Korean Taekwondo. 

This is the primary reason that ive been away from IRON and CN for so long. I was enjoying what i had helped build.

Now our dojo is about 25 miles inland from Panama City beach, so we are no stranger to thunderstorms and water damage to our facility. But man..nothing could have prepared our building for Michael.

Tuesday night, October 9th, Michael was predicted to hit our area as a Category 3 hurricane. Nothing major, we're Floridians. Thats foreplay. I went to sleep around 3am and woke up two hours later at 5am to my father pounding on my door. Michael had jumped to a Cat 4, and was only 5mph away from being a Cat 5. Needless to say, we evacuated as fast as we could. We hit several obstacles, that would make this post 10x longer if i were to explain. But long story short, we made it to Jacksonville alive. And we watched the news as the hurricane came through our city.

You may have seen on the news that President Trump was in an area in Florida called Lynn Haven. This is the area that was hit the hardest by hurricane Michael, this was where i live(d). Our dojo was completely obliterated. As was every other business not made from concrete. The storm birthed several tornadoes on its landfall, and one hit our business directly. The entire city looked apocalyptic after the storm was gone. We came back to the city to help some friends and family, and on the 13th we returned to Georgia to my families house.

The damage done by the storm was heartbreaking. Not just to me and my family, but to the people we loved and the city we built on. The death toll is still rising...

So i am here in a little city called Adel where i grew up as a child. And i plan to work in this area and in Atlanta until we have the funds to return to the panhandle. FEMA and insurance isnt exactly pulling through for us, but our organization set up a GoFundMe for us that is going to help us out. 

So there you have it! Thats whats been happening recently. Now that i have more free time i plan to return to IRON and CN. Again, this is not a sympathy post. Im very optimistic about what the future holds! Just please continue to keep the panhandle, and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Cheers <3

image2.jpg?width=400&height=300

image0.jpg?width=400&height=300

image0.jpg?width=400&height=225

image0.jpg?width=226&height=301

image1.jpg?width=400&height=300

image0.jpg?width=226&height=301

Posted Image

“You have to accept yourself as God. You have to realize you’re just the Devil just as much as you’re God, that you’re everything and you’re nothing at all.”

-CM

Anally pounded by 5 nukes thus far. 1st nuke taken for IRON on 7/1/17

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493
  • Squadron:Kilo

Glad you and yours are safe. :wub:

Sorry about the mess ... I cannot imagine.   :(

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:

Glad you and yours are safe. :wub:
Sorry about the mess ... I cannot imagine.   :(

It’s all material (which still sucks balls to lose) but at least I saved my PlayStation.
Posted Image

“You have to accept yourself as God. You have to realize you’re just the Devil just as much as you’re God, that you’re everything and you’re nothing at all.”

-CM

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. I'm glad y'all made it out safe! Michael hit where i live also in South Carolina, but not even close to the amount of damage that you guys had. 

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

We are all glad that you and your family is safe, and I know in my heart that you guys will rebound from this and build back up from this and become stronger than ever!

o7 KC!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. I'm glad y'all made it out safe! Michael hit where i live also in South Carolina, but not even close to the amount of damage that you guys had. 

We are all glad that you and your family is safe, and I know in my heart that you guys will rebound from this and build back up from this and become stronger than ever!

o7 KC!

Thank you both. I’ll keep everyone updated! :)
Posted Image

-CM

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Good luck rebuilding!

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:

Good luck rebuilding!

Thanks! Glad to have a community with such support.
Posted Image

-CM

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users