Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iran Situation

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

Just been catching up on it all, but what do you guys think about it and the chances of escalation?

Also just saw these tweets:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1213593965838163968

unknown.png

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I think we'll be seeing a regime change soon. Trump will easily destroy what's left of their economy, and the Iranian people will once again take control of their government. We'll see what kind of government emerges, but I believe they are pretty damn fed up with the way things have been.

If they attack anything at all... even through proxy, or even if it just feels like they did it, I believe Trump will hit their communications, media, power facilities, military installations, and their oil industry... and he'll do it from the air. It won't take very long. We won't be able to hear Khamenei cussing at us... he won't have a microphone. Trump will probably invite Xi, Kim, and Vlad over to Mar-a-Lago to watch the whole thing on a 80 inch HD so they can all discuss things over dinner. Soon after that we should have many beneficial agreements with a crystal clear understanding that we do much better when we are all friends.

This is all happening way too late. I thought George W. was gonna take them out back in '03, but he didn't. I knew Obama wouldn't do it... not only because he didn't have the sack, but the one really pulling the strings was Valerie Jarrett, and she was born in Iran. Instead of a smack down they got a wonderful new deal and billions of US greenbacks. Pathetic.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,080 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Donald reminds me on autistic and spoiled big child. What kind of pple could have voted for that?

Edited by joe44, 05 January 2020 - 02:34 AM.

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

What kind of pple could have voted for that?

Deplorables  :smoke:

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Well, Iran said they would respond with military action against military institutions. We'll see how that escalates.

Also, Lys there's no way in hell this will lead to a regime change. The point that you're missing is that while your average Iranian may dislike the theocratic government, they hate the US and Israel more, and Soleimani was widely regarded as a national hero. His liquidation will likely boost national cohesion and not erode it.

And while I personally think the guy absolutely had it coming, the fact is that Iran could only extend its dominance in the region because of the botched war and nation-(non)building in Iraq, and the mishandling of the conflict in Syria.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Also, Lys there's no way in hell this will lead to a regime change. The point that you're missing is that while your average Iranian may dislike the theocratic government, they hate the US and Israel more, and Soleimani was widely regarded as a national hero. His liquidation will likely boost national cohesion and not erode it.

You're closer to it than I am, so I will defer to your intelligence. Trump has been trying to get us out of the area since he took office, but it appears that he wants to kill all the worst people before he leaves. He must be working with Israel on this, and whatever Bibi says will help them the most is what Trump will make happen.

If Iran presses escalation, I believe the fearless leader will burn them until they surrender. We shall see what happens.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

What kind of pple could have voted for that?

The same ones who are enjoying reaping the economic benefits. We will be voting for him again in November.

If Iran presses escalation, I believe the fearless leader will burn them until they surrender. We shall see what happens.

This is what I don't quite understand. Iran knows for a fact Trump isn't dumb enough to get pulled into another Middle East ground war. A war on Iran's home turf where they are fully capable of exploiting guerilla warfare. As you stated before, The Air Force, Navy, and Special Operations will be the only ones doing the fighting. Iran posseses some moderate-good Air Defenses, mostly S-300 Missiles and home built variants(which haven't been tested in a combat environment so who knows how reliable they are). But with the Pentagon clandestinely acquiring a S-300 for study and all the SEAD missions run in Libya and Syria over the past decade I have confidence the Air Force would largely achieve Air Superiority within 2 months. Iranian F-14As and Mig 29s might cause a couple headaches but would offer up a token resistance to US F22 and F35s. Round the clock bombings and Cruise Missiles puts the brakes on Iran's ability to wage an offensive war, with the exception of their Proxies Groups. Their Nuclear Program would be destroyed setting them back decades, their Air Force and ports used to launch Naval Swarm boats would be non existent, their Air Defenses would be toast. All that would remain is the Army comprised of Infantry and Tank Divisions.

I surmise that Iran will talk tough over the next couple months, but apart from some Proxy Group attacks on US allied targets, they won't risk losing in an all out war. The real question is what will Iran do if Trump loses the Election in November. Will they test the resolve of an assumed weaker Democrat President?

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

I don't think this situation could of happened at a much better time for Trump. I don't want him to be re-elected, but I feel it's undoubtly going to happen. From speaking to Americans, it seems they like how he is handling al of this and i'm sure that's bound to win him the majority vote again

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I don't think this situation could of happened at a much better time for Trump. I don't want him to be re-elected, but I feel it's undoubtly going to happen. From speaking to Americans, it seems they like how he is handling al of this and i'm sure that's bound to win him the majority vote again

I'm curious... you don't want Trump reelected. If you were here, who would you support? We have never had a President so much out in the open. He floods the news every single day, either by travel, rally, tweet, or holding his own press conferences. I've never seen anything like it, and there is no question that even though he is so reviled, and receives so much negative coverage, it still has a massive positive effect on everyone in this country. Taking this guy out was the right thing to do, and you have to take the shot when it becomes available. If he didn't pull the trigger on this, the Democrats would be calling him a coward, and a failure.

Trump will be reelected because there is no one that can beat him. Which one of the herd of idiots running against him can win? Trump beat Hillary Clinton. Which one of those people have more support than she did? No one. Trump has not lost any support... he has gained support. Democrats know this... that's why they are desperately trying to remove him from office by procedure. They can't beat him in an election. Looking forward to the massive trade deal the UK will get when Don and Boris can finally deal.

Things are really good here. :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Yeah, being in the military I can't say much myself, other then if we are sent in, we go in. I can't even officlally have a stance on Trump, as he's, technically my boss. But I'm allowed to vote, so.....lol. Not that I would normally talk about politics anyways. 

However, I will say this. Its all dependent on what Iran dose. If history shows us anything, if you allow the Air Force to bomb it, its gone. All we need is a time frame and green light on any target. 52 sites? maybe restrictive. If you want to question American Air Power you can take the Vietnam war as an example. the last week of the war, America had unrestricted bombing compared to the restricted bombing. If you know the history there, amplify that with our tech and new jets and bombers now. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Daviesolu

Daviesolu

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,051 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:619248
  • Souls Baptized:281,875
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Daviesolu
December 27: A rocket attack believed to be linked to a Shiite militia group, backed by Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, killed a US civilian contractor and wounded several US and Iraq military personnel on a base near Kirkuk, Iraq.
December 29: According to the Pentagon, US forces conducted airstrikes at five facilities in Iraq and Syria controlled by a Shiite military group known as Kataib Hezbollah -- the group that American officials blamed for the attack on a base near Kirkuk.
December 31: Pro-Iranian protesters, demonstrating against the American airstrikes, attacked the US Embassy in Baghdad, scaling walls and forcing the gates open.
January 3: Trump said he ordered a precision drone strike at the Baghdad airport to "terminate" Soleimani, a top Iranian commander who was plotting "imminent and sinister attacks on Americans diplomats and military personnel." Others were killed in the attack.
January 4: Iran vowed retaliation against the US, in response to the strike. If Iran targets "any Americans or American assets," Trump has said he would sanction specific military strikes against Iranian cultural sites, which could amount to a war crime.
January 5: Soleimani's body arrived in his home country, where thousands mourned him. Meanwhile, Maj. Gen. Hossein Dehghan, the military adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader, told CNN in an exclusive interview that Tehran would retaliate directly against US "military sites."

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Stampede at Suleimani’s funeral, 40 dead, 200+ injured. A good indicator of the mass hystetia this caused in Iran

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
Just an ongoing situation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Just proves how whacked those people are.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Our military bases in Iraq have been hit... multiple missles from Iran. It's happening.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/missile-attacks-target-us-forces-in-iraq-senior-military-source-says-iran-suspected

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Cochise

Cochise

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:619639
  • Squadron:Delta

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Our military bases in Iraq have been hit... multiple missles from Iran. It's happening.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/missile-attacks-target-us-forces-in-iraq-senior-military-source-says-iran-suspected

I stand corrected, Iranian Leaders do want to commit suicide... Next 48 hours are going to have everyone sitting on the edge of their seat. The US is going to be hitting back hard.

Considering these were either small ballistic missiles or cruise missiles, this has to be from the Iranian Military and were launched within Iran. Proxy groups don't really have the operator expertise or technical ability to launch a strike like this.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
Shit......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Cochise

Cochise

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:619639
  • Squadron:Delta

Shit indeed...Given the fact that our President is a megalomaniac he has no other choice now but to escalate this even if there are no American casualties he stated "ANY attack against US targets" , otherwise he looks weak, I dont see any other course. This has been my greatest fear in the region, we will have to respond in sweeping attacks against the missile sites and the 3 oil refineries and major military targets including their nuclear facilities.....the only way to end this is to cripple them, then invade them, which is no bueno for the boots on the ground folks for whom I worry for . Let's pray for our leaders exercise their better natures and de escalate this...I am not confident.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It was widely expected for Trump to address the nation tonight. That was nixed. Knowing the way Trump works, he will act first, and then talk about it. They probably want to know the extent of the damage first, and then execute a response. My guess is it's gonna be ugly. Trump will never allow them to claim victory. I doubt he will allow them out without a signed surrender. So, I think it will escalate.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users