Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[NT-02] PJO Sea of Monsters Night 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

I don't see how no lynching helps us in this game. With only 11 (now 10) players we won't get many chances to analyze voting patterns anyway, and giving scum more free kills that we can't analyze very much doesn't seem smart. Besides, we don't know the setup, but I feel confident that it's probably role madness knowing Torres lol, so there could be a lot of ways this could end late in the game, and the more we actively scum hunt early, the better chance we'll have to control the outcome towards the end.

you sure you dont wanna suggest three straight days of no lynching?  ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

I don't see how no lynching helps us in this game. With only 11 (now 10) players we won't get many chances to analyze voting patterns anyway, and giving scum more free kills that we can't analyze very much doesn't seem smart. Besides, we don't know the setup, but I feel confident that it's probably role madness knowing Torres lol, so there could be a lot of ways this could end late in the game, and the more we actively scum hunt early, the better chance we'll have to control the outcome towards the end.

I think for Day 1, no lynch helps the town because, due to the lack of info, a lynch would be a shot in the dark, right? Thus the probability of a mislynch is high which certainly doesn't help the town...

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

you sure you dont wanna suggest three straight days of no lynching? ;)

FoS Lww for suggesting continuous NL, for the second game in a row.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

FoS Lww

WHY FOS LWW WHEN YOU CAN JUST VOTE HIM INSTEAD?!

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

you sure you dont wanna suggest three straight days of no lynching? ;)

It's almost like I'm willing to change my approach to different games based on the setup. I would've thought you would understand since, you know, you also did the same thing for one of Kevin's game.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

yeah but im me and u are, well u

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:

FoS Lww

WHY FOS LWW WHEN YOU CAN JUST VOTE HIM INSTEAD?!

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Cause i already voted him.

https://imgflip.com/i/2f2urc
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I think for Day 1, no lynch helps the town because, due to the lack of info, a lynch would be a shot in the dark, right? Thus the probability of a mislynch is high which certainly doesn't help the town...

Lynching is always a shot in the dark since we generally don't have a way of knowing for certain if anyone is mafia or not. Voting patterns are generally the baseline for us to find mafia because it forces mafia to act in ways that can be suspicious, e.g. hammering a townie to secure a lynch or avoiding voting for a mafia (or, in recent games, somehow believing that me hammering a mafia is actually scummy :P).

It can be strategic to no lynch if you have something to gain, such as allowing actions to take place. It worked in Kevin's first championship game because the only cops in the game were given extra time to investigate players without risking being outed accidentally by town. The risk is that you basically give mafia a free day (and night if the kill is not stopped), and start the next day with no more information publicly known than the previous day. My take is that each game is different - most games it's not worth the risk, but sometimes it is, and generally it's at least worth debating.

In my opinion, there's not much advantage in this game since the setup is unknown and it's a smaller game, so we don't know if we would even gain anything by no lynching, although we can be sure that we would start the next day still having no information, but possibly still one less townie from the NK. The N0 kill complicates it a bit, but I still think we should focus on analyzing vote patterns, and worry about information later in the game.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Too many words.

Vote lww

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

The problem with early lynches is that scum will allow it if the lynch is going to be a townie, but sway the narrative if the lynch is going to be a scum.

After the townie is inevitably lynched, all the lynchers try to claim that it was in the best interest of the town to try to catch a scum.  All the players that didn't get in on the lynch are suspicious because they let it happen.

At the end of the day, there's a dead townie and not much worth pointing a finger at.  I'd rather keep the townie alive. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

Vote: Wolfpacks

COYI

No need for that lol

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

The problem with early lynches is that scum will allow it if the lynch is going to be a townie, but sway the narrative if the lynch is going to be a scum.

After the townie is inevitably lynched, all the lynchers try to claim that it was in the best interest of the town to try to catch a scum. All the players that didn't get in on the lynch are suspicious because they let it happen.

At the end of the day, there's a dead townie and not much worth pointing a finger at. I'd rather keep the townie alive.

This is generally the case for every day, right? Scum is going to try to sway town to believe they're also town and that other players are scummy. Waiting another day doesn't make this easier either, and it doesn't stop townies from dying, it just makes it happen more slowly.

Vote: Wolfpacks

COYI

No need for that lol

Sorry lol, I was pumped up.

Unvote

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Talking to someone who's ok with day one lynches I don't think the "scum allowing the lynch to happen" is a good argument. Anything can happen during a day phase. Same as a night phase. Mafia can attempt to guide the town to a mislynch but especially here, people are going to do whatever they please. A better argument would be with statistics. But this is like a day 2. Except mafia had already killed a townie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

After there has been a chance for investigations, the game gets more subtle.  Some players know things even if they haven't been shared.  Pushing for a lynch might be based on fact rather than luck.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

After there has been a chance for investigations, the game gets more subtle.  Some players know things even if they haven't been shared.  Pushing for a lynch might be based on fact rather than luck.

we also might have info now and if we dont lynch today we cant analyze anything.  today is like day 2 in a game, since we had a n0.  so why would u vote to lynch on a d2 but not today?  exact same amount of nights 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
It's very likely if there was an investigation role/roles they used there action n0. Unless they were inactive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

is this like the last game with Zeus and Poseidon, or do we have new gods this time?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Since the games revolve around Greek mythology, you shouldn't expect different gods to make an appearance.

Vote Count  1.2

Brewers (0): 

Captainjf (0): 

KevinH (0): 

lilweirdward (2): Lord MK, brewersalliance

Lord MK (1): Rafay

Rafay (0):

Robert2424 (1): Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice (0): 

Velocity (0):

Wolfpacks (2): Robert2424, lilweirdward

No Lynch (3): KevinH, Captainjf, Wolfpacks

Not Voting: Velocity

With 10 players alive it take 8 to lynch or 5 at deadline.
Deadline will be at 8:00 PM CN time on Sunday, February 28th*.

Post Count

brewersalliance  24

lilweirdward  17

KevinH  13

captainjf  9

Lord MK  8

Robert2424  7

Rafay  4

Wolfpacks  2

Tony Maurice  2

Velocity  1

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Tell that to kratos

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Lww has way too many posts.
He's trying to influence the narrative by spamming the game with his propaganda.
He's Scum.

Lynch him.

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter