Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Room in the Castle Volant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Kilo
A Room in the Castle Volant

Scenario:

Hey, you know those jokes which start with the punchline first? This is one of those:

Maurice Kennedy is dead.

Hahaha!!!! No, really, it's funny. It's funny in that ironic way, where the man best suited to the 'situation' (as we shall call it) is already taken out of the equation. And it's a shame, too, as he was really a thoughtful and sensitive guy. He liked flowers, and had an impressive library. Well, the library is a bit more, archaic, shall we say than most you will find provided by your local living community - big focus is evident on the damned, the dying, and the not-really dead.

In fact, you could say he was investigating some people in the community... which is why his demise may have been more than 'natural causes.' But, not being one to start a witch hunt (or a necro-hunt, in this case) he took his time - and took a little but too long, as someone most likely now took all the time he had left.

Anyway, let's rewind and tell this story forward. But FIRST, the RULES!

CONFIRMED PLAYERS:

1/ Falzis
2/ CanucksDynasty
3/ ScoutX
4/ Aquinas
5/ Narsis
6/ AKCPLUTO
7/ junkahoolik
8/ KevinH

Rules:
[01] Votes should be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted, unless you're clever and add it to the spreadsheet also. Failsafe system!
[02] Please put some effort into making posts longer than 1 or 2 sentences. I can't force you to do it, but it would be helpful.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. The exception to this rule is if the deadline is reached, and no majority has been achieved - see below *
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. You can make a single “Bah!” post but no relevant information.
[06] No small text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[07] Don’t quote any PMs from me. If you do, I will destroy you.
[08] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, I’ll flip a coin or get creative, depending on how much I've had to drink.
[09] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[10] If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.
[11] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players.

*"What happens if the deadline is reached, and there is no 'majority'?" This is most likely to happen if either (1) some people are inactive, or don't vote or (2) the spread of votes is evenly distributed. In scenario 1, all those unvoting members at the deadline become "abstaining" and lose their vote that round, and in the case of (2) whoever has the oldest vote of lynch gets it. Believe it or not, this is to HELP the townies, trust me.

Vote for a player to be lynched by posting and using the NIFTY SPREADSHEET BELOW. The spreadsheet shows you (at any moment) how things stand, the posting is so historically people can look back and decide how evil or decent you are. Yes, we can also post votecounts, but the spreadsheet is the best way to make sure I don't miss something or screw up. If there are 2 players with the same amount of votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

Finally....

THE NIFTY SPREADSHEET OF AWESOMENESS

The above link is to a spreadsheet which lists everyone still alive, and a column for each player. This is to save me the endless back and forth that I've seen here. Open the sheet, find the column at the top with your name, and then place an X in that column under who you want killed (list of candidates is on the left).

Okay, back to the story:

Scenario Part 2:

Every 15 years in the village of Mo'Merde a strange gathering of clouds and lightening occurs. Thunder rakes the sky, rain lashes down onto the houses, and it gets rather chilly. Predictably, the townspeople named it 'the fifteen year storm.' Travel advisories recommended people stay away during this time (although the town never really had much of a tourist industry anyway) and as the 15 year anniversary approaches only one traveler is staying at the inn.

Through a sequence of random events, this traveler is invited (along with a drinking companion) to come stay at the Kennedy residence - a foreboding structure which looms over the town and is named.... Castle Volant (did you guess?). Maurice Kennedy's house is known for many things, and now as the storm gathers it is not only inhabited by his children and these two guests, but also by those retained by the Kennedy family. Nine people in all, including the lord of the dance manor.

But as the house servant arrives at the castle and immediately begins to draw up the castle's bridge, a scream echoes throughout the manor. All rush to the source of the noise and see the tragedy: Maurice Kennedy, benefactor and town leader, has been stabbed through the heart. Was this suicide? Possibly - his hands are bloody and wrapped around the letter opener (bearing his initials) - but were those hands pulling the opener in, or pushing it away?

Shocked, all wander away and return to their designated rooms. Kennedy's personal footman quietly shuts the door of the library (where the body was found) and locks it. He will deal with the situation when he has absorbed the death (and its ramifications) later. For now, dead is dead - and nothing else can be done to save Maurice.

Later, as the cook serves up dinner, our traveler from the beginning of the story timidly announces he discovered a book among his belongings while changing for dinner. On opening the parcel, he finds the book is about horrific demon-lovers called the Vampy Fanclub. Apparently, while this book is of ancient origin, someone had taken the time to annotate the pages in loopy script the children of Maurice admit to being their father's handwriting. On the first page, that same hand scrawled 'Please read this, I will come find you later - we have much to discuss. Something is going on here, and you may be the key.' Leafing through the pages, the traveler noticed "death by the victim's item" to be listed as the Vampy Fanclub's opening salvo when taking on a township. Could this mean the letter opener, with MK carefully polished into the wood, was a murder weapon?

Over the dinner table, all eyes meet each other. As no-one left the castle, this is now a locked room inquiry, and the footman vows he will not let anyone leave until his master's murder is solved.... or everyone is dead.

CHARACTER LIST aka Cheat Sheet:
1/ Falzis - Stephen Fry
Comedian, author, star. Dead.

2/ CanucksDynasty - Jan Hiroshima
Caregiver to Léone, born and raised locally.

3/ ScoutX - Albereé une Balle de Brass
Former personal footman of Maurice Kennedy, born and raised locally.

4/ Aquinas - Giséle Kennedy
Daughter of the dead Lord of the Manor, younger sister to Léone.

5/ Narsis - Hereé Coq
House servant of the Castle Volant, born and raised locally.

6/ AKCPLUTO - Léone Kennedy
Son of the dead Lord, older brother of Giséle.

7/ junkahoolik - Dorian Gray
Young wanderer, student of the world. Invited with Fry to come stay at the castle.

8/ KevinH - Elena le Pickle
House cook of the Castle Volant, born and raised locally.

DAY 1 COMMENCES
If we don't have a majority vote (which starts the lynch), deadline is MIDNIGHT MONDAY 2/15 your time.

YOU SHOULD ALL SHORTLY HAVE PMs SITTING IN YOUR INBOX WITH CHARACTERS. LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY SNAGS.

Edited by Bastille Hades, 16 February 2010 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

England expects that every man will do his duty

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
MOD - Is deadline Sunday Feb 14th or Monday Feb 15th?

Based on a 8 person game...we most likely have 2 mafia.

Also...I'm not online tomorrow and not usually active on the weekends (ie. RL).
But I'll find some time to do a short post each day (since I got warz and stuff).
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (CanucksDynasty @ Feb 11 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MOD - Is deadline Sunday Feb 14th or Monday Feb 15th?

Crap, thanks for reading the text more closely than I did. Monday Midnight deadline, expect the night to begin Tuesday morning (my time).
Also - OP fixed.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
Haha what a script-full game. I'm amused.

I wonder what secrets in Castle Volant wait to be discovered.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

ScoutX

ScoutX

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 939 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:344577
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Vote: SinKon

Oh, wait.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
Also - to clarify - anything in your opening character PM can be shared if you so wish. Those who have played Hades' Rounds 1 or 2 know that I put more information in there than I need to, but I don't want anyone suing be for psychiatrist bills because they woke up and "didn't know who they were."

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

Tempered IRON | NAH was here

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
since in all games i've played, kevin gets wagoned for the no-lynch stance he takes, i'm going pre-emptive on his arse since it seems the trend tongue.gif

Vote: KevinH

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
also, Hades it's my understanding we're supposed to update that list'o'awesomeness thingy??

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (junkahoolik @ Feb 11 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, Hades it's my understanding we're supposed to update that list'o'awesomeness thingy??

You got it. Find the column (vertical) with YOUR name, and add in it today's date in the horizontal row with KevinH's name.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
QUOTE (junkahoolik @ Feb 11 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since in all games i've played, kevin gets wagoned for the no-lynch stance he takes, i'm going pre-emptive on his arse since it seems the trend tongue.gif

I, KevinH, do hereby solemnly swear that I will not vote for no-lynch*.

I like the flavor text. Thanks for the efforts, Bastille Hades!

*Even though it is the best strategy and I will still say "I told you so" if a townie gets lynched

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
wait what? KevinH not voting no lynch? in my experience with him this happens in two situations and two situations only:

1. he is a cop(or other investigative power role).
2. he is mafia.

i have yet to see him not no lynch so quickly unless it is one of those scenarios.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
that's actually what i thought huh.gif

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
if this is the kind of activity that is to be expected, i predict a boring game...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
I'm just sparing y'all the same ol' same ol' ...

Me: "No-lynch is the best option"

Everyone else: "Lynch KevinH, he voted for no-lynch"

Me: "I don't want to be lynched. Vote: <insert name here>"

<insert name here> is lynched and found to be townie.

Me: "I told you so"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Narsis @ Feb 11 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this happens in two situations and two situations only:

1. he is a cop(or other investigative power role).
2. he is mafia.

"two situations only" isn't quite true. Here are some more.

3. We are told there is a strong possibility that there is not a cop.
4. Townies get converted to scum overnight.
5. The game starts with a night action.

Is it maybe a bit suspicious to set up a false dichotomy?

Logic for the win!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
ok i will agree that those arent the only situations. however in this game(at least as far as my knowledge) we havent been told that there isnt a cop, townies arent converted to scum at night, and the game hasnt started with a night action.

so those three points are moot. at least in this case.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
There was a night action, and that was the death of Maurice Kennedy. It was a dastardly deed, but this is not invasion of the body-snatchers - and everything should have a logical solution. Any other questions, feel free to post here or PM me. You know you want to.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
Vote: Narsis

I hate false dichotomies.

Plus, I think I'll be following KevinH this game.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Narsis @ Feb 12 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so those three points are moot. at least in this case.

Maybe so, but you still omit the possibility that I'm just a townie.

QUOTE (junkahoolik @ Feb 11 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since in all games i've played, kevin gets wagoned for the no-lynch stance he takes

and thus I want to avoid the controversy and not push for a no-lynch.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
I trust Falzis. Vote: Narsis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users