Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Traitors on the Battlefront

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
569 replies to this topic

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
Bombs exploding. Guns firing. The smells of dust, sweat, blood, and tears. This is wartime.

For some reason or another war has sprung up and all you & your squads have gotten called in to fight. The initial invasions and such went extremely well. However, recently you've been losing ground and men...and a lot of them. It seems that almost every time a squad can get into a good position, they get blown to bits or forced back. Attacks, counterattacks, feints, and flanking...none of it seems to work anymore.

And no one seems to be able to figure it out.

Worried that you have traitors in your midst, and separated from a lot of the higher ups, you decide it's time to take action into your own hands and find the traitors.

Still Fighting
1. molestargazer
3. CanucksDynasty
4. Nerau
5. ccabal86

10. Kaziocore

"Retired"
7. Kasabian, Town Doctor
8. Alasdair, Mafia Roleblocker
6. KevinH, Vanilla Townie
2. Chaoshawk, Mafia Godfather
9. Martino, Vanilla Townie

Rules
(Stolen from mole and edited to my liking)

1. This is game. Play to win; expect to lose. And have fun.

2. No editing or deleting posts.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing is OK. If you are worried about something not being ok, then either PM me or just dont say it.

5. Vote for a player to be lynched by using the Vote: Narsis format. You dont need to unvote before voting again, but it is appreciated(especially if you dont vote again right away).

6. Days will last 10 days. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be cut short if I get all actions in before then, with a minimum 24 hour night.
6-1. If discussion is lagging, I may impose a shorter deadline at my own discretion. Deadline extensions will happen on request - but will only happen once per day at most, and if I feel there's enough activity to warrant one.

7. A lynch requires a majority (50% rounded down + 1) vote. You can also No Lynch, by using Vote: No Lynch.
7-1. If there is no majority by deadline, only a half-majority is needed. (Majority / 2, rounded up if necessary)
7-2. If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

8. After someone has been lynched, discussion may continue until I can get to the thread and end the day. If you are dead you may continue to post until your death scene is posted. After that point I will only allow a Bah post, and only if you were night killed.

9. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use coloured text(except for mole who is allowed to use orange if he is acting as the super moderator of the forum), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

10. If you haven't posted in 2 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
10-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
10-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.
10-3. If you replace out, you automatically lose. If you are someone replacing in, whether it counts as a win or loss depends on how long you have been replaced in for.

11. Vote counts will be made whenever I feel like it(or it is asked) and will be done in a separate post.

13. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

14. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens.

15. I am not perfect. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.
15-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOD: <Your message> format. Or, y'know, you could PM me.

Special Rules

1. In this game you are fighting over a battlefield. The more posts you make in thread with applicable content(determined by me), the more your side advances against the opponent.
1-1. Double posts(or triple posts etc) will only count as a single post.

2. As such, this game does not have traditional win conditions. Each side wins when they move a predetermined amount of space across the battlefield. (and yes it is balanced and fair)

3. Mafia post counts will be multiplied by (# of townies) / (# of mafia).

4. Any third-party roles will not affect the # of posts for either town or mafia. However, it may play a part in their own powers(if they have any) or win condition.
4-1. Power roles(if there are any) may or may not be affected in a similar way by their post #.

5. The amount of ground controlled by each side will be updated at the start of every day. Note: post numbers will not be revealed, only the percentage of ground each side controls.

6. When a player dies, the amount of posts they were contributing to their side is removed.

7. Due to the inclusion of this mechanic, a side may win before, or after, where they normally would. (ie. mafia may still lose even if they have more then 50% of the remaining players)

8. If you have any questions regarding this mechanic, just ask. I may, or may not, answer it.

Edited by Narsis, 07 October 2010 - 04:05 AM.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
It is currently Night 0 (aka set up and confirmation). Role PMs are out. Please confirm as asked in the role pm. Day will start when at least 8 people have confirmed. Do not post!

Edited by Narsis, 02 September 2010 - 03:33 AM.

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
With 8 confirmations it is now Day 1.

Battlefield:

50% Town | 50% Mafia
::::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch, 3 at deadline. Deadline is Sept 12th.

Forgot to mention: Special Rule 1-1 has been added.

Edited by Narsis, 02 September 2010 - 04:10 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
  • Squadron:Kilo
Interesting set up with the special rules which pretty much forces everyone (including scum) to be active.

MOD: Do you intend to display the "battlefield" each day?
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

Interesting set up with the special rules which pretty much forces everyone (including scum) to be active.

MOD: Do you intend to display the "battlefield" each day?

Rule 5. The amount of ground controlled by each side will be updated at the start of every day. It may be updated an additional once during a day at the request of the players. Note: post numbers will not be revealed, only the percentage of ground each side controls.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
/me facepalms.

i am stupid. i totally forgot to tell everyone their wincons. T.T

/me goes and pms everyone...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
Okay townies...let's get posting.

I'll do a random vote...

Vote: KevinH

...maybe not so random :wink2:

@KevinH - wanna debate the merits of a no-lynch? I am sure that can generate alot of posts for the town to win. :speak_cool:
PS3 80GB

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
Morning all.
My scumdar's gone off!

Vote: CanucksDynasty

For stealing my vote idea. Seriously. How much more scummy do you get?

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Morning all.
My scumdar's gone off!

Vote: CanucksDynasty

For stealing my vote idea. Seriously. How much more scummy do you get?

Which idea did I steal?
The vote on KevinH or the no-lynch debate which will advance the town on the battlefield?
PS3 80GB

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
The vote on KevinH.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
Lynch a townie if you want. It would look pretty scummy.

I would like to see a good spread of post counts up until just before deadline.
Then we request an update of the percentage of battlefield.
We will have some information on day 1 with which to make a lynch decision.
It's no longer a "nobody knows nothin'" scenario.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Lynch a townie if you want. It would look pretty scummy.

I would like to see a good spread of post counts up until just before deadline.
Then we request an update of the percentage of battlefield.
We will have some information on day 1 with which to make a lynch decision.
It's no longer a "nobody knows nothin'" scenario.

I'm amazed that you're not preaching the no-lynch stance.

I was thinking the same thing about requresting the % of battlefield. It will help gauge who might be mafia or at least narrow down the potential suspects. Since post counts decides the battlefield...I think mafia will not only target players that they feel threatened by but also townie players that would consistently post (not just fluff which wouldn't count).
PS3 80GB

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
Special Rule 5-1 added.

5-1. A side can only get a win after the day start update, not the midday one.

this is to prevent a possible game breaking strategy.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I was thinking the same thing about requresting the % of battlefield. It will help gauge who might be mafia or at least narrow down the potential suspects. Since post counts decides the battlefield...I think mafia will not only target players that they feel threatened by but also townie players that would consistently post (not just fluff which wouldn't count).

I always do what is best for the town (even when I'm scum).

I think that scum will want to keep townies alive that have similar post counts to them.

If the battlefield tips to the townies, it will be easy to lynch less active players. If the the battlefield tips to the scum, we should lynch more active players. If the battlefield stays even, then you'll see me advocate a no-lynch.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
double post...

i keep finding little loopholes and it's all because of the spur of the moment addition of the at request post tally.

Special Rule 5-2 has been added:

5-2. The midday update can only be requested once every player in the game has posted at least two content posts.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

I always do what is best for the town (even when I'm scum).

I think that scum will want to keep townies alive that have similar post counts to them.

If the battlefield tips to the townies, it will be easy to lynch less active players. If the the battlefield tips to the scum, we should lynch more active players. If the battlefield stays even, then you'll see me advocate a no-lynch.

Yeah...unless mafia is able to win outright (via the battlefield)...I would expect them to do the same. Especially because Rule 6 states the dead player's post count is removed. So mafia can easily swing the pendulum. That being said...I think they'll target the townie with the most posts in order to have his post count removed from the game. I intend to post a lot of quality posts and will be the frontrunner for a nightkill.

Since there are 10 players...we should have at least 2-3 mafia.
Maybe 2 mafia + other
Or just 3 mafia.

With 3 mafia (and 7 townie)...it's pretty much lynch or lose on D2 if we mis-lynch.
PS3 80GB

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
You guys have already talked about the possible mafia and strategies to root out the traitors in our midst but there may be a third party that attempts to screw everyone up. With 10 I think it's 2 mafia plus third party or 3 mafia plus additional townie roles.

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

You guys have already talked about the possible mafia and strategies to root out the traitors in our midst but there may be a third party that attempts to screw everyone up. With 10 I think it's 2 mafia plus third party or 3 mafia plus additional townie roles.

That's pretty much what I said in my last post. It will be a bit difficult since 3rd party posts do not count and MOD determines which posts are valid. But we have the mathematical genuis KevinH. He should be able to provide a good estimate/probability.
PS3 80GB

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Ah, I misread your post then. I meant in the sense they could be blocking roles or randomly killing squad leaders.

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Ah, I misread your post then. I meant in the sense they could be blocking roles or randomly killing squad leaders.

We may or may not have 3rd party roles. I usually try not to think of them unless it's a serial killer.

What's the better ratio?
7 Townies : 3 Mafia or 8 Townies : 2 Mafia
I think it's 7:3 ratio is more fair.

With that in mind...I'm assuming...
1 Townie post = 1 count
1 Mafia post = (7/3) 2.3 count.

IF we have a 3rd party (most likely only one)...
1 Townie post = 1count
1 Mafia post = (6/3) 2 count
1 Other post = does not contribute to battlefield
PS3 80GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter