Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World War I

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Fernando Garcia

Fernando Garcia

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,912 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:477498
  • Souls Baptized:90,974
  • Squadron:Delta
We can't decide on Deus behalf. We need to wait for him to come back from ******** so he can decide if he will allow your troops to go through (he probably will)

But for now you can attack in southern India :D

hi

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
  • Squadron:Kilo
Nah my penguins will not last a day in Africa
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fernando Garcia

Fernando Garcia

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,912 posts
  • Resources:
India is not in africa

hi

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418

Posted Image

Posted Image
The War Room, circa 1964.

There are about a dozen government officials and officers sitted around a circular table on the War Room, discussing the conflict's progress. After a few minutes, the Presidents calls for silence and looks at the Executive Assistant.

"Clerk, is everybody here?" said Blaskowicz.

"Mr. President, the Secretary of State is in Antarctica, the Secretary of Defense is in Cuba, and the Vice President is in Brasilia. We can establish contact with them at any time if it's necessary. The undersecretaries are all here, of course."

"Right. Now, General, what's going on here?"

"Mr. President, I'm happy to announce that the Pakistani invasion of Cuba has failed, and our forces have control of the island."

"Good news, then! Did we have the same luck on North America?"

"I'm afraid not, Sir. Our shock troops weren't strong enough to take over any of their objectives, however they helped to weaken them for the USSA troops to take them over, and with help from the Progressive Order of Sol attack on the Great Lakes, their forces have been split into two territories."

"That's great!"

"Indeed, Mr. President. More good news come from Europe, where Angel has taken Germany and Bohemia from the D3mon Horde. The city of Beijing has been taken by the Spartan Empire, and they're advancing into mainland China."

"Wonderful then! So it was a good day for our forces all around?"

"Well... I'm afraid we had some... unforeseen... eventualities."

"Like what, General?", said Blask, raising an eyebrow.

The General then points to a screen on the wall. Northern Colombia was colored green, the same color used in the Pakistanis territories.

"They came through Panama", said the General, "and took our forces by surprise. Our troops did their best, but lost half of New Granada including Bogota."

The room fell to dead silence for almost a minute. Only the faint sound of the air conditioning was audible.

"I say we get it back soon", said the clerk, timidly breaking the silence. Most of those present nodded.

"He'd make for a good officer," said Blask, "and I like his idea".

"Yes Sir, indeed we've been in talks with our Brazilian allies, and they are willing to support our attacks on New Granada." affirmed the General.

"Good, then. Direct an attack to territory 27."

At that moment, the phone rang. "It's the Secretary, Sir", said the clerk. The President unhooked the phone and listened to the Secretary demands.

"Uh, hello Secretary. Yes, they're helping us in Colombia. Hm, alright. Alright. We'll do what we can, then".

Blaskowicz hanged up and looked at those present. "More news, gentlemen! Fernando's attack is expanding towards the remaining armies of the Pakistanis on North America. We should aid our comrades over there attacking the spots 28 and 31."

"No. We should focus all of our efforts in retaking Bogota!" exclaimed the General. "Those brasilians can take them by themselves, while we ought to worry about our own civilians!"

"Excuse me..." said a voice. A handicapped gentlemen, who had been waiting in a corner, rode his wheelchair closer to the table. "Ve ought to spread our attacks, that vay ve get some... synergy bonus with our allies".

"Doctor Raroamor, I see you've been aware of our conversation", interjected Blask.

"As alvays, as alvays. Heh, you vould be surprised if I tell you about ze cameras I put in your office"

"The what?"

"Oh, sorry, nothing. Ve have more important business to deal with at this moment, no? And if ve concentrate and coordinate our attacks with other nations, we have a... higher probability to vin."

"I don't know why, but it makes sense. You have some very good ideas, Raroamor. The plan stays, General."

Posted Image
He has some rather interesting insights on nuclear warfare, too.

"Anyway, I don't think there's much left to do. We should meet later this week to report on progress", announced Blask.

"Sure, Mr. President.", said the clerk. "I'll look to have the whole Cabinet together for next time."

"Good night then, gentlemen".

"Hav a good one, meinf...president", said the doctor.

[OOC] Yes, attack spots 27, 28 and 31 of Rafay. :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
I will be attacking 11 of d3mon horde, 7 and 1 of Pakistan.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
First of all I call bias on moderator as my side won only 2 of so many attacks even me who has so many territories. Then south wins so many with no chances having so less territories.Not fair I demand an unbiased mod.You win 2/3 on every battles we win hardly 1/3 WTF?!?!

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
EVENT: The Holy Empire of Pakistan attacks 6,8 & 11 of SAC (if we dont lose 27) OR 12s' of Sol, SAC and USSA in Africa(if we dont lose 28) OR any 3 provinces of Angelic Empire(passing thru demon) if we lose all our territories since you are attacking first.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Deimos27

Deimos27

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,398 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:248338
  • Souls Baptized:0,880,004

First of all I call bias on moderator as my side won only 2 of so many attacks even me who has so many territories. Then south wins so many with no chances having so less territories.Not fair I demand an unbiased mod.You win 2/3 on every battles we win hardly 1/3 WTF?!?!

Bull****. Angel and Fernando are doing a great job as moderators and aren't biasing anything. Screaming unfair because of the random number generator not going your way is silly. It's called chance and luck.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Bull****. Angel and Fernando are doing a great job as moderators and aren't biasing anything. Screaming unfair because of the random number generator not going your way is silly. It's called chance and luck.

Dont take their sides Deimos all I'm wanting is a non-playing mod or som1 whos not directly involved in the conflicts.Can u believe that I hav so many territories yet still I lose wen its a scientific formula no luk or chance.Whats the point of having so many territories wen its just a game of luk and no science involved despite a formula being used.

Also how am I supposed to know that they are not turing the nos in ur favor.Angel seems unbiased I'll giv u that but Fernando.................well lets just say I'm concerned cuz I put a lot of effort here.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Deimos27

Deimos27

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,398 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:248338
  • Souls Baptized:0,880,004

Dont take their sides Deimos all I'm wanting is a non-playing mod or som1 whos not directly involved in the conflicts.Can u believe that I hav so many territories yet still I lose wen its a scientific formula no luk or chance.Whats the point of having so many territories wen its just a game of luk and no science involved despite a formula being used.

Also how am I supposed to know that they are not turing the nos in ur favor.Angel seems unbiased I'll giv u that but Fernando.................well lets just say I'm concerned cuz I put a lot of effort here.

I'm not taking their sides, you're just in the wrong. The "scientific" objective part of the formulas tilts the probability in your favor if you have more territories. It's not a guaranteed thing, it just gives you more chance to win and makes you less likely to lose. You can still lose. If you lose a territory on Risk, having rolled three defense dice against one attack die, it doesn't mean the dice are biased. There is science AND luck involved. I'm not sure how you cannot grasp this simple concept that you lost in a random number generator regardless of advantages and positive modifiers. That stuff happens. Questioning Fernando's integrity for this just shows how shallow you're being. Hope you're satisfied with the damage you did by making him resign. Your actions here were uncalled for and your reasoning is stupid.

I'm resigning too btw.

The Progressive Order of Sol's territories are to be shared between URSA members the way they see fit.

Edited by Deimos27, 14 April 2012 - 05:43 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
Lol.. I have to say the results are what one might call statistically surprising..

Anyhow, according to the agreement between Angel and Me.. I will be moderating the next round.. so everyone stop resigning and get back in your trenches.. :D

Edited by d3mon, 14 April 2012 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fernando Garcia

Fernando Garcia

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,912 posts
  • Resources:
we did more attacks and had more chances of winning. Rafay for an example had all his attacks with 33% chance of winning, while my attack in NA was 42% (im not sure).
Anyway, Deimos, please don't resign, just ignore this and move on.

hi

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
Thank you Fernando for staying.Again I'm sorry lets put this behind us like gentlemen.I still believe that we can be friends.And Deimos I'm not shallow no one is. Just tap yourself and you wont here any resonance cuz our body is filled with viscera (FACT of SCIENCE :3910290200_9284e0754f_o: ).

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

caleb

caleb

Freshly IRONed

• NM|Registered Users
  • 21 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:488269
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
The Spartan Empire would to affirm to everyone that we are entering the war in support of our allies in USN and URSA.

The Spartan Empire attacks territories 5, 2, and 11 of the Nation of Wei.
Speak softly and carry a big stick!
~Theodore Roosevelt~

Fernando Garcia

Fernando Garcia

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,912 posts
  • Resources:
I didn't say I wasn't resigning.

hi

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:

we did more attacks and had more chances of winning. Rafay for an example had all his attacks with 33% chance of winning, while my attack in NA was 42% (im not sure).
Anyway, Deimos, please don't resign, just ignore this and move on.

Hm.. this might explain it..

According to the formula that you were supposed to use, all of Rafay's attacks should have had a lot more that 33% chance of winning.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fernando Garcia

Fernando Garcia

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,912 posts
  • Resources:
Angel did the calculation, but the reason its not very high is because we have a defensive bonus. So the territory number of our allies goes into the calculation of the chances of winning. You have that too. Also if you want to discuss the chances, do it with Angel, this was my first time, and while i do know the formule I didn't do the calculations...
Anything else you would like to ask?

hi

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
From now on, if anyone has any complaints about the game they can approach me in PM for a discussion. The reasons Rafay's attacks were so low was because we have 6 nations directly defending eacvhother in that round. Remember the formula. Rafay's attacks were unsupported. In the last round Rafay had 31 I believe, I had 12, Fernando had 12, Blade had 15, Deimos had 12, and Blask had 12. On any territory he attacked (since they were all unsupported)

(31) / (31 + 12 + 12 + 15 + 12 + 12). This is 33/94. 33/94= 0.3297872340425532 = 33%

On nearly all of our attacks, we had a percentage under the 25% chance cap. in fact the highest chance we had was I believe 42% and it took 4 nations attackign a single territory to get that. FOUR. I would liek to repeat myself from the resignation thread that the only reason we even won more territories is simply because we have like more than 2 times your nations involved. Also looking at the percentages of won territories: attacks made (I am not about to go through the whole round and count everything again)

We made around 13 attacks on separate territories. We won I believe 6. 6:13

You made 8 attacks on separate territories and won I think 3. 3:8 Notice that both are a little less than half of attacks won. Like I stated, if anyone has any complaints about the game or that they think there is moderator bias, please contact me. Also d3mon is updating this round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
Nope.. you can continue.. I kinda lost interest..
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources: