Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Regarding i Telephone 5

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=player_embedded

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
Loooool. Silly guy at the end.

I have the iPhone 4 but I definately wont be getting the iPhone 5 when there are better options out there such as the galaxy S3.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

Loooool. Silly guy at the end.

I have the iPhone 4 but I definately wont be getting the iPhone 5 when there are better options out there such as the galaxy S3.

YES Samus!

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ivan V

Ivan V

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,098 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:334506
  • Souls Baptized:1,978,190
iPhone 5 is an incredible waste of money. People should know Apple's MO is adding small, nearly useless enhancements to its previous models and ramp up marketing to fool consumers to pay exuberant prices for their products when so many better and cost-efficient options are out there.

Ivan V, Emperor of The Empire of Yuzhnoye Primorye
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

iPhone 5 is an incredible waste of money. People should know Apple's MO is adding small, nearly useless enhancements to its previous models and ramp up marketing to fool consumers to pay exuberant prices for their products when so many better and cost-efficient options are out there.

Amen!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630
I can't believe they are on number 5 :facepalm:

It goes to show that most consumers (at least in the technology market today) simple lack an understanding or desire to know what they are paying for. As long as marketers sound confident the general public will believe they are buying a quality product because they simply don't know any better and/or don't care enough to do a little research. Not much you can do other than educate those around you and hope it gets better in the future.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Also I just remembered, Apple changed their cord for the new iPhail 5 so that everyone has to purchase a new 30 dollar cord from Apple. It wont even be given to you with the phone apparently. Unless their old adapter is simply to large for the new slimmer phone their is no legitimate reason for changing the adapter other than the projected 100mil profit they expect from people purchasing the new docking cables http://news.yahoo.com/apple-least-100-million-iphone-5-dock-cables-141249407.html

EDIT: My info was a little off. Apparently you get a free cord with the phone but still, people will need to purchase new cables and docking stations or an adapter if they end up making one, to fit their new phone.

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 17 September 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

Apparently you get a free cord with the phone but still, people will need to purchase new cables and docking stations or an adapter if they end up making one, to fit their new phone.

Even if they don't relese one... someone will post how to do it on youtube! Probably at the expense of another $30 cable and your old iphail.

40973-detailed.png

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Schmoo

Schmoo

Steadfast

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 2,995 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:272544
  • Souls Baptized:2,502,809
Samsung Galaxy S3 does everything I could possibly want it to do and much more. Why should I buy the new iPhone?

Edited by Schmoo, 18 September 2012 - 07:30 AM.

[url="""]Schmoo of Styyx, Dude at Large, Sexy Gnome, "Green" Thumb, Basement Dweller, Destroyer of spiders and other micro invaders
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image[/url]Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
bay102174 - Schmoo has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
I hate the SG3. My girlfriend bought one and has been walking into lamposts ever since.
Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

As Apple has basically done with each version of the iPhone. I personally think the first one was the only one that was good. All they had to do was fix a couple things and release an improved model years later with better system specs. But no, Apple wants to be greedy and release the same exact phone every year. Plus Apple has all the stupid crap they put on their phones, annoying DRM, and data mining so you can be tracked. Heck you can't even remove the battery to fully shut off the phone. I don't think people realize how easily your location is tracked/saved then with other companies.

If I every make the switch to a smartphone I'll likely go with Samsung. It isn't even a contest which company would be better.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

As Apple has basically done with each version of the iPhone. I personally think the first one was the only one that was good. All they had to do was fix a couple things and release an improved model years later with better system specs. But no, Apple wants to be greedy and release the same exact phone every year. Plus Apple has all the stupid crap they put on their phones, annoying DRM, and data mining so you can be tracked. Heck you can't even remove the battery to fully shut off the phone. I don't think people realize how easily your location is tracked/saved then with other companies.

If I every make the switch to a smartphone I'll likely go with Samsung. It isn't even a contest which company would be better.

Plus IOS isn't customizable (for us tech geeks), you can choose to jailbreak it, which eventually voids your warranty.

While on the other hand, Android is open source and you can customize to your hearts content.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Plus I have an issue with Apple claiming to own a patent on anything and everything phone related.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/24/jury-reaches-verdict-in-apple-vs-samsung-case/

Edit... NVM I could keep listing things I dislike about Apple but that would only kick us off the topic at hand.

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 19 September 2012 - 05:39 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
I had an interesting conversation with my father last night regarding Samsung and Apple. He invested in Apple stock about 6 months ago and made a decent profit given the hype over the iPhone 5. Tech companies that plan on releasing popular gadgets are usually good to invest in about half a year before their release, their stock is almost certain to increase before the device is released due to hype generated from the company. To be safe, sell before the device is released in case it flops.

Anyway time to get back on track. One thing my dad mentioned is he thinks the war between Samsung and Apple is going to proceed something like this. He suspects that Apple will continue to market their devices the same as they have done in the past, including all the annoying things about iPhones. Apple has never shown interest in changing their "core ideas" when it comes to removing features they added/designed, regardless of how bad it actually is.

Samsung on the other hand will likely prosper given the popularity of the Android OS. It can be easily modified and is designed for versatile use. Samsung phones also have much higher specifications, they are cheaper, and aren't loaded with annoying features. Not to mention you aren't tracked everywhere you go. Samsung is likely to increase in popularity in the U.S. while Apple will be left with a difficult decision. Apple must either make their phones cheaper, or allow other users to make changes to their OS (which isn't likely). There are a few other things as well that Apple needs to improve upon as it deters possible users. Apple has dominated the phone market for years but they need to understand they will have to start becoming more competitive to gain profits. Competition is a good thing though, it increases the drive to make products better and bring down costs. So if anyone will be benefiting from this in the near future, it will be the consumer having better options at their disposal.

For now Apple is still the dominating company but I suspect their reluctance to accept change will only damage them in the long run. Some things you just have to compromise on in an ever growing and advancing market.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

bcndwilson

bcndwilson

Loyal Sox Fan

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,666 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:161103
Apple is a business first, their main goal is to make money for their shareholders and as their record profits and stock prices show they are doing very well at their job. I won't be angry at them for releasing new phones.

On another note has anyone downloaded iOS 6 yet? I am currently in the process of doing it, the thing I most look forward to is the addition of a new Maps feature with turn by turn directions. That was certainly a necessary upgrade!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
RIP GOOGLEBOT - WE MISS YOU AND YOUR OMNIPRESENCE
Aid Sent for IRON- 194 Million
Nukes Eaten for IRON- 57
Casualties for IRON- 2,131,934

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

IHe invested in Apple stock about 6 months ago and made a decent profit given the hype over the iPhone 5. Tech companies that plan on releasing popular gadgets are usually good to invest in about half a year before their release, their stock is almost certain to increase before the device is released due to hype generated from the company. To be safe, sell before the device is released in case it flops.

That's not even such a bad investment idea. I'm going to try that for the next iPhone :P

About the whole iPhone 5/Apple vs Samsung debate. To be honest, I'm an iPhone (4) and Macbook Air user. Not that i'm a fan boy or something like that. I can pretty well manage myself and my cash, because to be honest some of the products that Apple make are just to bloody expensive. I read an article about the manufacturing costs of the new iPhone 5. It costs Apple about $200 to make a standard 16GB iPhone 5, while they sell them for about $600 a piece. That a pretty big profit margin that they got there. And the margins only rise more for the bigger models. It costs Apple no more then $10 to make a 64GB instead of a 16GB, yet they sell their biggest model for $200 extra.

Also I really liked the transition from the iPhone 3G(S) to the iPhone 4. That was the biggest leap forward. All new design and the specs were significantly better. That's the only reason why I bought my iPhone back then, because it really was a state of the art phone. But now with the 4S and the 5, the differences are so marginal, that I personally do not find it necessary to buy a new phone for over $600 or $200 with a 2-year contract, while the phone hasn't been improved that much. I'm still happy with the iPhone 4 and until either Samsung or Apple create a new phone that is significant;y better and worth that huge price tag, I don't see myself buying a new phone for such prices.

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

That's not even such a bad investment idea. I'm going to try that for the next iPhone :P

About the whole iPhone 5/Apple vs Samsung debate. To be honest, I'm an iPhone (4) and Macbook Air user. Not that i'm a fan boy or something like that. I can pretty well manage myself and my cash, because to be honest some of the products that Apple make are just to bloody expensive. I read an article about the manufacturing costs of the new iPhone 5. It costs Apple about $200 to make a standard 16GB iPhone 5, while they sell them for about $600 a piece. That a pretty big profit margin that they got there. And the margins only rise more for the bigger models. It costs Apple no more then $10 to make a 64GB instead of a 16GB, yet they sell their biggest model for $200 extra.

Also I really liked the transition from the iPhone 3G(S) to the iPhone 4. That was the biggest leap forward. All new design and the specs were significantly better. That's the only reason why I bought my iPhone back then, because it really was a state of the art phone. But now with the 4S and the 5, the differences are so marginal, that I personally do not find it necessary to buy a new phone for over $600 or $200 with a 2-year contract, while the phone hasn't been improved that much. I'm still happy with the iPhone 4 and until either Samsung or Apple create a new phone that is significant;y better and worth that huge price tag, I don't see myself buying a new phone for such prices.

Great minds think alike.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480

Apple is a business first, their main goal is to make money for their shareholders and as their record profits and stock prices show they are doing very well at their job. I won't be angry at them for releasing new phones.

On another note has anyone downloaded iOS 6 yet? I am currently in the process of doing it, the thing I most look forward to is the addition of a new Maps feature with turn by turn directions. That was certainly a necessary upgrade!

The BBC have an article about that app. Apparently it is much much worse than the google maps it is supposed to replace.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19659736
Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
Entrepreneur Anil Dash unleashed a blistering attack on his blog

I don't think i'm going to update to ios6, atleast until google makes it's own standalone app.

I generally go out with the mindset that 'today i'm going to get lost, but luckily I have my iPhone and the wife, google maps to save the day'.

I'm not going to rely on a map that shows incorrect directions.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
Deathmerchant makes a good point.

Also Lorikz I agree, there's no way this this patent trial is valid, even if Apple had stolen a paptent there's no way that the jury can be impartial.

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users