Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KZ-03] NEW WORLD END: Death Note Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Imran, if you investigated d3mon after he got rid of his death note, then you wouldn't know he was scum. Which he did toss on day 2 i think.

That was my point. The game way too much power to the scum while retricting the power of the townies. As a result the game was completely skewed towards the scum with almost 0 possibility of townies ever having a chance to win.

As an investigator I invited d3mon on night 2. But my role was restricted so that I cant investigate him until night 3. This also gave d3mon the chance to get rid of his Death Note. Not only that when I investigated I got the fake result. So not only did I fail to identify him, he stayed on in our night thread and pretty much leaked everything to the scum.

Against that you have TWO death notes with ability to kill 2 townies a day. Also all 4 scum with roles to investigate townies.

There was no chance the townies were winning this game from the get go.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503756
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

In the course of a game, players may choose to reveal their roles. The scum players can't say "I'm the evil Dr. Horrible" so they have to make something up. If they have to make it up from scratch, they might duplicate somebody else's role or find it hard to match the style of what was sent to the townies. To keep things fair, the mod helps them out with a fake claim.

Thanks for the heads-up KevinH. Hope to seeya in the next script :comeatmebro:
The Einstein Metaphysics.

Everything is One...You.
Time, distance, motion, change, coincidence and choice
Are sentient illusions created by Your consciousness (Parmenides).
Light, objects and the universe
Originate and emanate
From You.
You are so much greater than
The outline of Your body.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:

That was my point. The game way too much power to the scum while retricting the power of the townies. As a result the game was completely skewed towards the scum with almost 0 possibility of townies ever having a chance to win.

As an investigator I invited d3mon on night 2. But my role was restricted so that I cant investigate him until night 3. This also gave d3mon the chance to get rid of his Death Note. Not only that when I investigated I got the fake result. So not only did I fail to identify him, he stayed on in our night thread and pretty much leaked everything to the scum.

Against that you have TWO death notes with ability to kill 2 townies a day. Also all 4 scum with roles to investigate townies.

There was no chance the townies were winning this game from the get go.

Excellent analysis. What's your take on this Kazio?

Everything is One...You.
Originate and emanate
From You.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Metaphysics-Unified-ebook/dp/B007NZBXE2/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352568857&sr=1-11&keywords=metaphysics#reader_B007NZBXE2

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta
Its too bad you guys killed me when you did. I was going to push a lynch on electric regardless of what he claimed because his claim was obviously false. which would have at least given the town a chance. I dont know why the town went along with Electric's claim when it seemed way to desperate and we had just talked about lynching him. Oh well.

I also think it was quite biased against the town considering that our investigations didnt work very well, seeing as they all pretty much gave a warning that you were going to be investigated the next night. It didnt help that a couple of townies were...... as un-constructive as could possibly be imagined........ and that some went inactive, but regardless of that, short of randomly lynching the death-note holders with no information, I don't see the town winning that game once out of 100 times running that set-up.

It was fun nonetheless and I thank you kazio for taking the time and effort to run it.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Athermonuke

Athermonuke

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,365 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:498435
  • Souls Baptized:2,803,898
My take on it is that we (the scum) were lucky. If d3mon had not been invited to one of the townie night convos, us scum would not have had a chance. We were pulling people at random until d3mon was able to tell us exactly who was who. Like Imran for instance. We found out on the night before day 3 that he was L. We couldnt go after him because he was protected so we had to look elsewhere. The next night we found out from d3mon who Chaplain was and we killed him for fear that he was going to off one of us. and it goes on.

So what I am trying to say here is that if d3mon wasn't there to help us, we wouldnt have gotten very far. I had Shinigami Eyes but EM did not. d3mon lost all of his abilities after day 2 and we couldn't talk to Fernando (who looked to be doing his own thing anyways). If either d3mon, EM, or I had be inadvertently killed, we would have lost. If d3mon had not been invited to the night groups, we probably would have lost.

Everyone had a special ability that could add a twist to the game. It was more luck than anything that could have made either side win. Well that is my two cents anyways =)

Posted Image

I told my therapist I was having nightmares about nuclear explosions. He said don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Not cool bro, you can steal a heart from a human or a brain from a zombie but how in the hell do you dare take rum from a pirate thats just not oh kay.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
From the SPK thread "Athermonuke, Fernando, and Electric Mango are most likely to be scum."

Then we were all tricked into voting for Karl.

Xx Karl xX (5): Athermonuke, KevinH, d3mon, Imran Ehsan, killgor
Electric Mango (1): Fernando Garcia

Not Voting (3): Alternate_Tree, Electric Mango, Xx Karl xX

With 9 Alive, 5 is needed to lynch.

Alternate_Tree, Near
KevinH, Stephen Gevanni
Imran Ehsan, L Lawliet
killgor, Watari

Electric Mango, Light Yagami
Athermonuke, Teru Mikami

d3mon, Misa Amane
Fernando Garcia, Rem

We wrongly lynched twice but possibly might have gone on a streak if there had been more time (or more townies)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
If the town did actual scum hunting, the town could have won.

Take for example the last day which is LYLO

Players: Alternate_Tree, Athermonuke, d3mon, Electric Mango, Imran Ehsan, KevinH, killgor, Xx Karl xX

Now suppose the following people are sure town: Imran Ehsan, killgor, KevinH

We have the following people left

Players: Alternate_Tree, Athermonuke, d3mon, Electric Mango, Xx Karl xX

Okay so d3mon was investigated while he was "innocent" so that leaves

Players: Alternate_Tree, Athermonuke, Electric Mango, Xx Karl xX

Now Athermonuke claimed that he was cop and he came out to defend Electric Mango.
So if you're going to believe him that leaves

Players: Alternate_Tree, Xx Karl xX

By process of elimination you cannot trust Athermonuke's claim and besides I didn't think
you guys doubt that Alternate_Tree is also scum. Also, you guys were already suspicious of EM.

Why immediately trust Athermonuke who came out to defendd EM and immediately voted Xx Karl xX
without even hearing his side of the story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there are technically two mafia groups in the first day. EM and Athermonuke doesn't know
Fernando Garcia(Leonidas) and d3mon. It's possible that they could kill each other. d3mon was
just lucky that he immediately found EM. Also Rem (Fernando Garcia/Leonidas) doesn't know
who Kira is. Also in the event that EM is killed when

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also bad decisions done by town. The town wasted their vote on Xarastier who was
acting too scummy. The town wasted their vote on cam177 because of his inactiveness when
in fact inactiveness is not alignment indicative. I would also

There's a risk of relinquishing the death note as the person receiving it cannot return it during the day.
This means that when they are lynched, the death note is forever destroyed.

Also, it should raise suspicion that the antagonists of the anime series is innocent
but yeah I think I shouldn't put the win condition so that you can doubt the alignment of the character.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
You guys should have killed EM so that this game would have been more fun D:
Athermonuke and d3mon would have turned into instant enemies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
Problem with your scenario is that it would have been almost impossible to id d3mon as scum after he had already returned an "innocent" result. If I invited FG the next night, he would have simply given back his death note to d3mon and the next night "look" innocent while d3mon continued on with killing. We at most could have lynched EM and athermonuke...but town still would have lost because it was not possible to id the scum before they killed the remaining townies to get the majority.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

You guys should have killed EM so that this game would have been more fun D:
Athermonuke and d3mon would have turned into instant enemies

Heh.. This is exactly what I was thinking.

We were really lucky!!

@ Imran, you could've arrived at the result by simple elimination. You guys were going to reach a point where everyone was investigated, a google search on the character names would have made me or Fernando the biggest suspect and once either of us was lynched, town would win the game.

Now, I am not sure why you guys believed Athermonuke.
In your night thread, everyone was certain that EM and Athermonuke were scum, so him defending EM shouldn't have made a difference. Heck, I tried making Karl look suspicious but I was pretty sure that Athermonuke and EM were going to be lynched.

I don't think the game was unbalanced. Were we really lucky? Hell yeah.. Just look at how things tuned out

1) I found EM on day 1. If I had used my Shinigami eyes on Athermonuke, I would've killed him. Both events had equal chances of happening.
2) EM/Athermonuke didn't target Fernando on day 1.
3) Imran told everyone how his abilities worked. I don't think it was the wrong decision but its timing worked perfectly for me.
4) CoD never targeted EM.
5) CoD was invited to the night investigation thread rather than Karl or EM.
6) Rafay didn't investigate me/ EM/ Athermonuke. Damn.. that would have been bad.

And the list goes on.. We were very lucky :)
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
But yeah I think I made a swingy setup.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
Like I said, it didnt help that xarastier was basically just trying to get us to lynch even more at random than we already were. making us waste a day on lynching him. I don't know if it was lack of experience that led him to behave the way he did, or if he was just actively trying to throw a wrench in the game for everyone. Definately didnt help the town in a game where we were a little more likely to lose than normal. Obviously if this was just inexperience thats fine, teaching new people how to play the game isnt a huge deal, but I'd prefer to avoid picking up trolls as players if thats what was going on.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xarastier

Xarastier

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 105 posts
  • Resources:

Like I said, it didnt help that xarastier was basically just trying to get us to lynch even more at random than we already were. making us waste a day on lynching him. I don't know if it was lack of experience that led him to behave the way he did, or if he was just actively trying to throw a wrench in the game for everyone. Definately didnt help the town in a game where we were a little more likely to lose than normal. Obviously if this was just inexperience thats fine, teaching new people how to play the game isnt a huge deal, but I'd prefer to avoid picking up trolls as players if thats what was going on.

I'm not a troll Chaplain of death, only a bumbling noob, and I hope my embarrassing in-game behavior invokes in you an estimate of my passion for this game. SeeYa in the next script :)/>

Everything is One...You.
Originate and emanate
From You.

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
Yeah I wasnt trying to be rude by saying that though it was rude to put it that way I suppose. I honestly couldn't tell because when we tried to tell you what was wrong with lynching completely at random you were just more adament about it. Hope we do a little better next game!

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah I wasnt trying to be rude by saying that though it was rude to put it that way I suppose. I honestly couldn't tell because when we tried to tell you what was wrong with lynching completely at random you were just more adament about it. Hope we do a little better next game!

To tell you the truth, I lolled at you guys getting confused by Xarastier

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630
For what its worth I guessed on 12-11-2012 that EM and Athermonuke were scum, still speculation at that point but goes to show that this game probably wasn't impossible. Xarastier should have been largely ruled out by the start of the second day. After the second day I stopped following the game as I got too busy but I wouldn't say it was impossible to win. Maybe a little unbalanced but the scum also killed me first and I had an investigation ability. I saw a little bit of power balance issues mixed in with a great deal of luck. But this was my first very short game so I'm a poor sample target for critiquing

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter