Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NSA snooping

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

hahaha xD that was good

ftwsig02canik.png

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

I've been reassured several times but the fine folk on my television screen that they the only information they take is the actual phone numbers, and then see if you've been communicating with known terrorist or other seriously bad people, then they can get a court order to actually start monitoring you. So chances are if you don't make phone calls to the Middle East, you have nothing at all to worry about. Assuming all this is true and the checks and balances are maintained.

Do you really believe that?

I don't believe it with certainty, and I wouldn't put it pass them, but I doubt their capacity to actually record, save and shift through everything we say.. and without word getting out that such a program exists.

It just seems more likely to me that, at most, they search for key words, or key numbers, and only look at what might be relevant. Not because they wouldn't like to read everything in the world, but who has time for that?

Still, the potential for abuse of this technology is disturbing and I think the criticism of it is good.

I'm pretty sure they save the data.

They have the tech/hardware to do so.

They probably don't go through everything.

But they can keep it as a sort of backlog to go back ten years and use something you said then to fuck your life over, even if it wasn't relevant

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo

What will ever happen to all the anti-China propaganda now!? 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions

Maybe, Samus.

It's just, I trust the American people to cause an uproar, even revolt, if the government goes too far.. and I trust big business and the government don't want a bloody revolution, they want a peaceful populace that produces, buys and sells goods.

Things change though, who knows?

ftwsig02canik.png

Bykenhaal

Bykenhaal

Freshly IRONed

• NM|Former Member
  • 9 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:521284
  • Souls Baptized:0

The problem is much bigger then this. America is changing not for the better. Third world people flood America and middle class is changed to second class. 

This snooping is crazy. One NSA guy said "It is to cheap not to do this" in regards to harvesting all out meta data. Hmmm how much is to cheap like 10 million? This is why we are falling behind. It is not that we need smart people from india to get the best SAT score no we can do that also. We need to provide for our own people first not some crazy idea of what America should be in the still minority. 

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

The problem is much bigger then this. America is changing not for the better. Third world people flood America and middle class is changed to second class. 

This snooping is crazy. One NSA guy said "It is to cheap not to do this" in regards to harvesting all out meta data. Hmmm how much is to cheap like 10 million? This is why we are falling behind. It is not that we need smart people from india to get the best SAT score no we can do that also. We need to provide for our own people first not some crazy idea of what America should be in the still minority. 

I hate to burst your bubble but USA as an entity was built by immigrants. Saying that immigration is the cause of all the issues is truly ignorant.

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

President Mudbrick

President Mudbrick

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:489442
  • Souls Baptized:174,910

I'm way late to the party on this thread, but I figure it needed to be said: this isn't the first time for this sort of invasion of privacy. They've been doing this exact sort of thing for years, and it's been brought to the attention of US citizens before. Unfortunately, the uproar lasts for a handful of days, until the next headlines push it out of the limelight, and then the American people shrug and say "well, time to shake our fist at the next thing, I suppose."

The problem seems to be that Americans (I'm one of those, and point my finger at myself as well) get really complacent with our own small slice of life. House with the picket fence, big television, car in the drive, decent job,  enough disposable income to keep up with a hobby, and we're less likely to throw away those small comforts to effect the status quo. I believe the general consensus is that "well, it doesn't really effect me personally, so why worry about it?"  Besides, what fills the power vacuum when you run off the guy with the big stick who's been telling you how it's going to be: another guy with a different stick.

I feel, at least in this case, that I don't really care what the NSA has a look at. I know it's as much a cliche as any other, but I'm not sure why one should worry if one has nothing to hide. People claim it's just another blow against our civil liberties, but my life hasn't changed for better or worse since all this started 12 years ago when the towers fell.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
-John Adams

"President Mudbrick you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON." -bay102174 on 27 Mar 2013

Nukes Eaten For Iron: 13

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users