Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xbox One vs PS4

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043
  • Squadron:Kilo

It's not even a debate, you may as well not play Skyrim if it is not on the PC with mods.

Actually you may as well not play Skyrim if you're not using mods.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

bomie

bomie

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 197 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:526283
  • Souls Baptized:117,663
  • Squadron:Delta

i started playing morrowind again latley, and it sucks how so much of the lore is stolen and watered down in skyrim :'(

the elder scrolls has delicous lore but its so watered down in the new games

Nuked 7 times

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

i started playing morrowind again latley, and it sucks how so much of the lore is stolen and watered down in skyrim :'(

I agree completely. Games like Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, and Final Fantasy all do a great job at making you feel immersed inside the story. Its interesting that as games become more advanced, it seems its harder for them to replicate that same kind of feeling.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846

I am an xbox fan, but they are really shooting themselves in the foot.  The console I'm excited for is the Steam Box.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846

I use a keyboard and mouse when I want to bore myself and strain my eyes.

A bunch of nerds in a room together completing for a nerd trophy doesn't impress me much.

There is only a couple of games on a PC worth playing, you may as well use it as media player instead of gaming.

TOTALLY AGREE!

I have really tried to play RPG in pc, but i find RPG games in console better, SKYRIM for example:

TV Screen than pc screen is bigger

Playing with a control than a mouse+keybored is better

Gameplay is faster and more agile

I don't understand, I mean to get a good gaming PC costs a lot, but through platforms like Steam, you have controller enabled games, so I haven't bought an Xbox game in the last 6 months, but I've played all the February releases with a controller on my computer

TV's can be hooked up to your computer so any size difference is a moot point, my second monitor is a 22" TV with an HDMI cord

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

The core issue between PC and Consoles is not the method of control (though I consider the controller inferior), but the adaptability, which the PC will always win.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Perez

Perez

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 582 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:539807
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

:P

"%20alt=

Halo 5 f@%ing HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dockingscheduled

dockingscheduled

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 40 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:368975
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

looks like microsoft is totally back tracking

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

The tug-of-war between Microsoft and Sony
just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will
announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for
Xbox One today.

What does this mean?

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

bomie

bomie

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 197 posts
  • Resources:

It is unclear what caused this huge change in policy

this bit in the article you linked made me laugh

Nuked 7 times

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Maelstrom Vortex

Maelstrom Vortex

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 61 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:237759
  • Souls Baptized:3,262,516
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

#1 Rule of consoles. Never be a first mover. Wait and see what happens... See XBOX red-ring fiasco.

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." ~Galatians 6:14.
"And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." ~2nd Cor 6:18

Dragonisia_heraldry.png

"It may look like boasting - but what I tell you is truth - I began to reflect how magnificent a thing it was to die in such a manner, and how foolish it was in me to think of so paltry a consideration as my own individual life, in view of so wonderful a manifestation of God's power." - Edgar Allen Poe, A Descent into the Maelstrom

frostde

frostde

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 180 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559650
  • Souls Baptized:106233

i will get the ps4 because i only play gran tourismo and some nfs games all my fps and mmorpg gaming is handled by my pc.

*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED .......... Keep Calm And Call Frostde*

OR TRY AGAINPosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507

I agree completely. Games like Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, and Final Fantasy all do a great job at making you feel immersed inside the story. Its interesting that as games become more advanced, it seems its harder for them to replicate that same kind of feeling.

We're remember a very different version of morrowind then. Fun as it was, it played like a bad hiking simulator with hideous directions backed by the world's dullest most repetitive hyperlink wiki. Immersion was not something it did well. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

atleast they're listening to consumers though

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Owney

Owney

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,522 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:137509
  • Souls Baptized:3,745,946

I'm really glad Microsoft is seemingly reversing their stupid policies. I was leaning toward the PS4. (I sill may get both for giggles)

Baptized by fire and blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

We're remember a very different version of morrowind then. Fun as it was, it played like a bad hiking simulator with hideous directions backed by the world's dullest most repetitive hyperlink wiki. Immersion was not something it did well. 

I've only ever played Oblivion from TES, but despite having great fun and playing it for nearly 1000 hours (with mods), IMO It barely even qualifies as an "RPG", let alone drawing me in with the lore. Maybe it's just Oblivion though and other TES games are excellent in that regard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Riptide

Riptide

The Glowing One

• BR|Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468521
  • Souls Baptized:6,227,976

#1 Rule of consoles. Never be a first mover. Wait and see what happens... See XBOX red-ring fiasco.

Yep, I am going to wait for at least a year to decide which console to buy...besides, I am not keen on paying over $250 for a console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT FOR FAME OR REWARD
NOT FOR PLACE OR FOR RANK
NOT FOR LURED BY AMBITION OR GOADED BY NECESSITY
BUT IN SIMPLE - OBEDIENCE TO DUTY.

"Learn it right and you will do it right the rest of your life, learn it wrong and you will spend the rest of your life trying to get it right; and in battle, you meatheads that get it wrong, the rest of your life will be very short."

Sergeant Steve Prazenka - 28th Infantry Division - "The Bloody Bucket Division" - WWII

===

HangTen War of Destruction Stats:
Nations Fought: 102 (GPA: 1; LSF: 4; NpO: 23; OcUK: 1; Rogue: 2; Sparta: 23; STA: 10, TLR: 8; TOP: 4; VE: 12; NADC: 1; NG: 2; Mongols: 1;Nordreich: 4; FAN: 6; TIO: 1)
Offensive: 88; Defensive: 14

*Nuke taken and Nuke Launched...Lost count, let's just say I didn't earn my nickname, 'The Glowing One' without taken or launched a ship load of nukes...

Current campaign stats - 18 wars; 17 offensive; 1 defensive -

===

***NOTHING CHANGES UNTIL YOU DO...***

===

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

The directions were quite bad. I often had the map that came in the GOTY Edition box sitting next to me when I played. That seemed to help but there were some quests I never was able to complete since the instructions were so bad.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

McClintock

McClintock

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 70 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527426
  • Souls Baptized:330

I currently have an Xbox 360.

But some data-mining camera that can detect your pulse and monitor everything you do, hooked to the NSA? They may have rebranded it Xbox One-Eighty now but that doesn't mean they'll slide it in with 'UI updates' down the line.

+1 PS4.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

But some data-mining camera that can detect your pulse and monitor everything you do, hooked to the NSA? They may have rebranded it Xbox One-Eighty now but that doesn't mean they'll slide it in with 'UI updates' down the line.

Its safe to assume that anything you do online in the U.S. is being recorded by the NSA. Unless you connect to an encrypted VPN (preferably one overseas), then everything you do is being monitored and logged. I've always known this king of stuff was happening, but even after the news break I don't think people truly understand that everything you do over a phone or online is being recorded in some way.

Just take a look at the Government Facility capable of storing 5 Zettabytes. What do you think that will be used to house?

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

bomie

bomie

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 197 posts
  • Resources:

i enjoy not knowing where im going, it makes it a lot more realistic, the fact that i am wandering around with little to no direction amuses me greatly, then theres the fact that i love reading all the books and understanding everything that is going on around me and why it is going on around me. All of these things make the game harder, make you actually think as a player and not rely on being told 'HEY GO HERE' thats important. It makes the game a lot harder and making it harder makes it a lot more fun

Nuked 7 times

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users