Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Military

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:541003
  • Souls Baptized:10,171
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:TheNictator

Out of curiosity, is anyone here in the military in any capacity?

If so, how's being a POG?

When Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."

2 Nukes have been wasted on me

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Number8

Number8

Chairman of the IRON Eight

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 258 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:539459
  • Souls Baptized:355,985
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Staff Sergeant U.S Army

Im guessing your referring to a POG as a Person Other than Grunt?

Stupidest term ever besides 99zulu. Some say that if your not in the infantry your a POG but infantry is by no means what keeps the military a well oiled machine.

Be a 88m - Truck Driver or 22B - Cannon Crew Member.

Something that will be fun and hold your interest for your first four years.

If I have not answered your question keep asking, if you were talking about something entirely different lol my b.

Posted Image

Chancellor of The Separated States

Member of IRON

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Davian

Davian

AKA Marneus Calgar

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,141 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449862
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Marneus

I was a Lieutenant in the Australia Defence Force and an Intelligence Officer until I snapped my ankle and kind of never recovered from it.

Now I work for Apple and HP but I still have a weak ankle that caused me to have a medical discharge.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

I go hang out one weekend a month  ;)

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:222016
  • Souls Baptized:5,185,190

I was 12B [now 21B], 55B [now 89B], and 55D [now 89D].

Call me a POG to my face and you'll want to check your car for "surprises" before starting it.  And your door knobs.  And your lunch box.  And your toilet handle.  And your mailbox.  And your refrigerator.  And your light switches.  And your welcome mat.  And your floor boards.  And...   :lol:

Also @Number8 - one of my favorite memories from AIT was when we got to be the Opfor against the 88 Mikes.  Holy crap.  We were rucking it LPC-style along the tanks trails for weeks with the 88M's rolling past.  Ugh.  We had that hate rage that only envy can supply.  Anyway, I was the Platoon Guide so I got to pick my crew.  It. Was. Awesome.  I can guarantee you none of them left their promasks in their vehicles after that!  :wub:

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Im a seceret CIA Space Fox. 

:ph34r: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

Im a seceret CIA Space Fox. 

:ph34r:

If that were true, *I* would know about it.

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Nope. Only the highest military officials and select senior officers are aware of my super secret existence. 

Roswell? Yeah, sorry 'bout that one, guys. Butterfingers here.
Space Fox, onward.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Number8

Number8

Chairman of the IRON Eight

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 258 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:539459
  • Souls Baptized:355,985
If your in the infantry its due to the fact you scored no higher than a 42 on the ASVAB, cook was full or they were not recruiting for it or your just some kid with his head in his ass OR like the 2% you like guns and didnt actually know what you were getting into. Combat Medic here with three tours to afganland. At the moment im wainting on my chain of command to promote and send me packing back to the states after 5 years in Germany.

Posted Image

Chancellor of The Separated States

Member of IRON

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Iron Helix

Iron Helix

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 956 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:039810
  • Souls Baptized:5,683,682

If your in the infantry its due to the fact you scored no higher than a 42 on the ASVAB, cook was full or they were not recruiting for it or your just some kid with his head in his ass OR like the 2% you like guns and didnt actually know what you were getting into. Combat Medic here with three tours to afganland. At the moment im wainting on my chain of command to promote and send me packing back to the states after 5 years in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoPTPe33PQY

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Riptide

Riptide

The Glowing One

• BR|Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468521
  • Souls Baptized:6,227,976

Retired USAF...but that was a lifetime ago, office with no window throughout my career.  Thought I would have it better in the civilian sector only to find myself back in the office more monitors and no window again. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT FOR FAME OR REWARD
NOT FOR PLACE OR FOR RANK
NOT FOR LURED BY AMBITION OR GOADED BY NECESSITY
BUT IN SIMPLE - OBEDIENCE TO DUTY.

"Learn it right and you will do it right the rest of your life, learn it wrong and you will spend the rest of your life trying to get it right; and in battle, you meatheads that get it wrong, the rest of your life will be very short."

Sergeant Steve Prazenka - 28th Infantry Division - "The Bloody Bucket Division" - WWII

===

HangTen War of Destruction Stats:
Nations Fought: 102 (GPA: 1; LSF: 4; NpO: 23; OcUK: 1; Rogue: 2; Sparta: 23; STA: 10, TLR: 8; TOP: 4; VE: 12; NADC: 1; NG: 2; Mongols: 1;Nordreich: 4; FAN: 6; TIO: 1)
Offensive: 88; Defensive: 14

*Nuke taken and Nuke Launched...Lost count, let's just say I didn't earn my nickname, 'The Glowing One' without taken or launched a ship load of nukes...

Current campaign stats - 18 wars; 17 offensive; 1 defensive -

===

***NOTHING CHANGES UNTIL YOU DO...***

===

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

sapper

sapper

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 445 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:533526

I was 12B

Effing A right!  Also its back to 12B not 21B last I heard

As my username suggests, I was a combat engineer from 2002-2006, wounded twice Operation Iraqi Freedom, medically retired.  Now work as a DA Civilian.

You've obviously never had head from a chick who can take her teeth out.

#1 thing to remember here is f*ck them.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

I was 12B

As my username suggests, I was a combat engineer from 2002-2006, wounded twice Operation Iraqi Freedom, medically retired.  Now work as a DA Civilian.

Essayons, my brother!  Sorry to hear about your forced retirement.  On the plus side you came back in, I'm assuming, one piece?  So amen to that.  You are officially part of a brotherhood of well-hung heros and no one can ever take that away from you.  It's a tough road to haul, as you very well know, and not many people can say they have the ENORMOUS balls to disarm a landmine - with potential secondary and tertiary firing devices - WHILE PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT YOU!!

It's crazy but I randomly work with like 4 other Combat Engineers, and I'm in EDUCATION! :lol:

Also, good on you for going hardcore.  I never had a chance to get to sapper school, but I've heard stories.  I was a bit of a stud student [Honor Grad and all that jazz] and had a talent for the more stressful part of our job in common. So, I was fast tracked to 89D and "missed out" on some physically demanding schools in exchange for a brain melt.

I wish I could find a pic of my favorite shirt that never made it back to the World. It was a WAY more awesome version of this lame shirt:
eod_if_you_see_me_running_t_shirt-rd480a

sapper

sapper

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 445 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:533526

I was 12B

Essayons, my brother!  Sorry to hear about your forced retirement.  On the plus side you came back in, I'm assuming, one piece?  So amen to that.  You are officially part of a brotherhood of well-hung heros and no one can ever take that away from you.  It's a tough road to haul, as you very well know, and not many people can say they have the ENORMOUS balls to disarm a landmine - with potential secondary and tertiary firing devices - WHILE PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT YOU!!

It's crazy but I randomly work with like 4 other Combat Engineers, and I'm in EDUCATION! :lol:

Dear god I can only imagine!!!

Also, good on you for going hardcore.  I never had a chance to get to sapper school, but I've heard stories.  I was a bit of a stud student [Honor Grad and all that jazz] and had a talent for the more stressful part of our job in common. So, I was fast tracked to 89D and "missed out" on some physically demanding schools in exchange for a brain melt.

I wish I was able to go to Sapper school, however, I was too junior in rank to go when my unit went. Back before they authorized the tab, everyone was called a sapper, can't imagine it's like that now...

My squad's nickname was bomb squad. That deployment we got hit like 10 times. I was the worst injured though.

You've obviously never had head from a chick who can take her teeth out.

#1 thing to remember here is f*ck them.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

My squad's nickname was bomb squad. That deployment we got hit like 10 times. I was the worst injured though.

Insane. One of these days we can chat offline because it's getting a bit dark in here. And if I started yapping it would go pitch black. :lol:

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Insane. One of these days we can chat offline because it's getting a bit dark in here. And if I started yapping it would go pitch black. :lol:

A bit dark? Our forum background is already black :lol:

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

Our forum background is already black :lol:

You call *this* black?? Psh... This is like off white for an Emo.

i%2Bll%2Bstop%2Bwearing%2Bblack%2Bthe%2B

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

Haha I didn't mean anything offensive by POG. I'm possibly the lowest rank there is currently, as technically I'm enlisted in the reserves but I don't have a pay grade or MOS or anything fun like that. I'm an ROTC Cadet. High speed and all that. Glad to see there's a group of people I can ask for advice from as I start all this.

When Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

If you are anything like me you will find you generally hate the everyday BS that comes with military life but the people around you make it worth putting up with it. 

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

Most of the cadets in my unit are imbeciles. Sadly.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users