Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2014 Formula 1 Cars

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

he is a little head strong agreed but on his day hes as good as anyone, im looking forward to see what my boys in Mclaren will do this year, Button is quality but not sure of the new boy. 

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:160262
  • Squadron:Kilo
I'm also quite curious to see what caterham and marussia will do this season. Caterham had the better pre season test, basically being the team who has the most milage with a renault engine. But then again there is that renault engine. Marussia is using the ferrari which has proven to be a reasonably good engine for the two other teams but marussia has failed to get any sensible milage on their car. I really hope to see them fight in the mid field and even score some points, if any year this is a year full of chances for them. However i do feel a little bit of dread to see them battle for last again...

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:

Dont forget williams are using Mercedes engines this year i believe, they could be the joker in the pack and Massa is no mug, also rod smedley has moved there  

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.

Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Stewie

Stewie

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:152155
  • Souls Baptized:25,261,424
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
We will wait and see in Melbourne

Leader of Non Grata

https://discord.gg/VGHVNqD

Ironmonger of the Forge Accords

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
Of course I can't wait

Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
I thought ferrarri basically admittez their engine underpeforms next to Mercedes
Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:
That we will have to wait and see I guess :). So far it looks like the Ferrari engine uses a little more fuel than the Mercedes engine to get the same performance (hard to say for sure though). So that's definitely a little bit of under performance then, however they still can keep updating the software and get the mappings right. So hopefully there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the engine itself.

I do think Ferrari had a nice innovation compared to the other engines. By fortifying the turbo casing they basically nullified the need for a ballistic shield in the engine cover. Making the weight distribution of the car more efficient.

Other than that, looks like Renault has had some issues with the thermal part of the energy recovery system. Certainly hope they can fix it and we won't see 4 Renault based teams overheated on the side of the track in 2 weeks time :P

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:

"We believe it is inherently a good car," Horner said to The Daily Telegraph. "I have every confidence in the team. There's no panic. There are engineering solutions and there is no better set of engineers in the pit lane. By the time we get to the European races in May, we should be OK."

Until then, however, points - rather than podiums and victories - may be the extent of the team's ambitions with Horner adamant that engine suppliers Renault are chiefly responsible for the car's uncompetitive state.

"Adrian [Newey] and his technical have done an excellent job. We had some cooling issues early on, but we've worked hard to address those. The main bit we need to get on top of is with our engine partner," Horner maintained.

"They [Renault] will catch up, they quite simply have to. We would hope by the time we arrive back in Europe that we're seeing significant improvements."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9207225/red-bull-boss-christian-horner-warns-mercedes-may-lap-field-in-the-australian-gp

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:

why is that white? this posting system is retarded :P

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

it copies the background as well as the text. 

Interesting to see such an admission-Red Bull really are screwed then

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

I'm so torn. On the one hand I am sad to see that Grosjean doesn't have a car that allows him to challenge and show what he can. On the other hand I am glad that Maldonado looks like a bigger idiot than ever now.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:
Haha well said! I couldn't agree more.

Formula1.com : Pastor Maldonado did get out in his Lotus, with 10 minutes left, but had a wild ride which included smoke emanating from the cockpit and an off which narrowly avoided a wall, before he rolled back into the pit lane.

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:

practice has ended so mercedes 1 and 2, with Ferrari(Alonso) 3rd and Mclaren(button), Vettel 5th so not a bad showing for red bull after pre testing 

Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
Interesting. ....really Impressed by magnussen.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174
#yearofthebutton
#kmag

anyone interested in a fantasy f1 league, badger gp have one the resets after the first 2 races to let everyone learn it. I can set up an IRON league jf anyone is interested

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:
Can you explain a little bit more about that? Might be fun.

But yeah interesting Qualy indeed :)

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174
3 drivers, 3 cars, collect points win.

http://badgergp.com/game/

pretty good f1 community at badger

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:

yeah im game, on qualifiying i did say watch out for Lewis, but Fernando is always a threat, i still dont think Nico has that killer instinct.   

Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
Wow for magnussen and good show from Button as well.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dodoei123

Dodoei123

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,770 posts
  • Resources:
All of the rookies actually impressed me a lot. If you compare that with rookies coming in about 3-4 years back there is a world of difference. These guys know what they are getting in to and what they are doing, in previous years they had to experience that on day one

dodosigv2-1.png
1zyeyr4.png

Forever for the Light!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users