Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

clash of clans anyone??

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo
I noticed it but was too lazy to care.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

I'm not nice at all

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Need Moar People

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

These new phone apps are why CN is dying, btw....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Ehh....for me, these games don't take away any time I would be spending on CN or for CN.  But, games like this do give you reasons to actually get on it each day, because you can always be building or attacking or whatever...where I usually log in to CN just to collect taxes/pay bills or accept/send aid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
True, however, clash of clans, spartan wars, etc are "pay to win" games where you have to pay to really do anything notable.
My friend, IE: has spent over $100 on Spartan Wars and still has little to show for it. I tried playing it and instantly realized its predominated by idiots and costs money to do anything worthy of Mein time.
Havent played it since. :D

Anyway, I just prefer CN. Or any of these browser based games, really.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

I would agree you're probably right about the money.  The more money you put into it, the quicker you can grow, and more you don't have to sit around and wait for things to build or units to be made.  I spent like $4.99 on Clash of clans for gems so I could builder buildings quicker....but I found this only applicable starting out...because shortly after, the amount of gems it takes to instantly build higher level buildings quite a  few dollars a pop...which I won't be doing.  I imagine the game will eventually become more like CN to me, as buildings will take days and days to build....but as of right now, there are plenty of things to do.  I usually just play this when I'm watching TV or on the pooper, or something where a commerical comes on and I just go on my phone for a minute or two til show comes back on.  

I wish I made a game like this though.  I heard Candy Crush made like 1.8 billion or something last year in just people buying credits alone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah it must be nice coming up with this stuff. Easy money..

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

1.8 billion? Thats super easy money.

I could be doing this right now. Granted, IDK how, but had I sincerely pursued computers as a career when I had the chance, youd all be playing my game right now. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

True, however, clash of clans, spartan wars, etc are "pay to win" games where you have to pay to really do anything notable.
My friend, IE: has spent over $100 on Spartan Wars and still has little to show for it. I tried playing it and instantly realized its predominated by idiots and costs money to do anything worthy of Mein time.

I don't agree, i've spent maximum £20 on this game and look where I am.

i've typically found you can always beat the premium players.

For this game just learn to raid and you can build up fast, for other games such as Ikariam & CN just learn strategy and you can beat them

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

For this game just learn to raid and you can build up fast, for other games such as Ikariam & CN just learn strategy and you can beat them

How long have you been playing?  I'm curious as I'm way behind you

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

Samus, the "pay to win" aspect of CN is WAY lower than other phone app games like this. In CN, your donation options are severely limited. 

In SW, for example, your donation options are limitless and can litterally grant you victory instantly. So long as you have the money and experience. 
Granted, it may start to level off at a point, its not until youve already spent countless hours and cash. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Davian

Davian

AKA Marneus Calgar

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,141 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449862
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
  • Discord ID:Marneus
I've been playing since a few weeks when the game came out. I had about a 4 month hiatus where I wasn't interested. I've spent a total of $0, but was given a $20 iTunes Gift Card for my Birthday which I did use to buy the 5 Builders Huts.

I completely disagree with FF though, CN has become stagnant and boring. That's why it's dying off. There needs to be far more updates in the game which Admin is now working on because his Cash-Cow is drying up. Hopefully when things are overhauled and made better with new things also being introduced it'll draw more players in, but it kinda seems like CN is on the way out. It has been for some time.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

How long have you been playing?  I'm curious as I'm way behind you

Since December 2012 / January 2013

I've been playing since a few weeks when the game came out. I had about a 4 month hiatus where I wasn't interested. I've spent a total of $0, but was given a $20 iTunes Gift Card for my Birthday which I did use to buy the 5 Builders Huts.

I completely disagree with FF though, CN has become stagnant and boring. That's why it's dying off. There needs to be far more updates in the game which Admin is now working on because his Cash-Cow is drying up. Hopefully when things are overhauled and made better with new things also being introduced it'll draw more players in, but it kinda seems like CN is on the way out. It has been for some time.

I think browser games are just dead tbh. They are too slow paced to keep a large community

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Spaztik Muffin

Spaztik Muffin

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 408 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346142
  • Souls Baptized:2,772,358

the way that CoC is set up is that no matter how much cash you spend you can still be beaten by the right strategy.

cash just speeds up your progress which once you reach higher levels its not worth the cash to speed something up coz once its done you cant afford to build anything else

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Well, back to game...why can't my troops I trained help against attacks...seems odd.  Also, when someone attacks me, they destroy my buildings, but when i log back on, they're still there...so when someone attacks me, do i ever lose anything?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Davian

Davian

AKA Marneus Calgar

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,141 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449862
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
  • Discord ID:Marneus

Well, back to game...why can't my troops I trained help against attacks...seems odd.  Also, when someone attacks me, they destroy my buildings, but when i log back on, they're still there...so when someone attacks me, do i ever lose anything?

Answered this on IRC. :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Need Moar People!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
the monk I find it weird you left when this was your original plan

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

the monk I find it weird you left when this was your original plan

Why'd you leave monk?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users