Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-05] Duck, Duck, Gray Duck! Mafia - Mafia win!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Duck, Duck, Gray Duck! is a 12-player open setup featuring an entire town of 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owners.

Setup

Mechanics

• Daystart
  • Mafia have daytalk
  • Each PGO must select which night they would like to arm themselves. They only get one night.
  • Mafia may opt to no-kill if they wish

Players

• Angel Cruz dela Sant, wins in the end game
  • Blaskowicz, Town 1-Shot PGO, lynched Day 4
  • Commander Shepard, lynched Day 5
  • Electric Mango, Town 1-Shot PGO, killed Night 3
  • GeniusInc, Town 1-Shot PGO, loses in the end game
  • Hapa, Town 1-Shot PGO, killed Night 1
  • Imran Ehsan, Town 1-Shot PGO, killed Night 4
  • K33PS, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 2
  • Kaziocore, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 3
  • Lyner, Town 1-Shot PGO, killed Night 5
  • Montosh, Town 1-Shot PGO, killed Night 2
  • Reign of Terror, Town 1-Shot PGO, lynched Day 1

enhanced-31082-1395069602-17.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Required Reading

Rules:

• During the Day phase, each player may speak and vote inthread.
  • If a player receives the majority of the available votes during the Day, they are lynched.
  • At deadline, a player with half-majority will be lynched.
  • You may vote No Lynch.
  • After the Day, the game goes to Night.
  • The game thread is closed during the Night. The Mafia may speak to each other Day or Night. All Active Roles may submit actions via PM at Night.
  • The Mafia can, as a faction, kill one player at Night.
  • After the Night, the game goes to Day.
  • All dead players (lynched or killed) can no longer participate the game.
  • Basic rules for maintaining the integrity of the game thread are in effect (i.e. players may not quote their Role PMs, nor may they discuss the game outside the game thread unless otherwise permitted, etc.)
  • The game is comprised of Mafia and Town.
  • The game is won when only one faction remains in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
  • Mass role-claiming is allowed. (Good luck with that!)
  • Game Days will last as many real-life days as there are players alive.
  • Game Nights will last 48 hours but will include at least one weekday.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Duck ... duck ... duck ...

and so it begins.

It is Day 1.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

4 votes will lynch at the deadline, which is 1200 EDT on June 15, 2014.

You may post as soon as you receive your role.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Hopefully this game will survive past day two lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043

To be fair the mod limited the number of days possible since he did was not really active in Day 2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Montosh

Montosh

Head of the Loser Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,628 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:510117
  • Souls Baptized:Not enough

We have some cool people playing and a cool mod, we should be fine.

Posted Image

Former --->Posted Image

[img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img] Join the Lobster Party Today! [img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

GeniusInc

GeniusInc

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 230 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503547
  • Souls Baptized:657,279

Why is the day 12 RL days long... The is no way we have that much to discuss. I have played versions that are 48/24hour cycles, and they work very well.

Name_on_flag_roughcast.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hapa

Hapa

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 46 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:494536
  • Souls Baptized:823,099

Why is the day 12 RL days long... The is no way we have that much to discuss. I have played versions that are 48/24hour cycles, and they work very well.

How dare you question our lord mod and savior.

##Vote: GeniusInc

Hapa

Hapa

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 46 posts
  • Resources:

Also, while we wait for people to vote for that hethen, blasphemous mafia, I wanted to make a proposal on how to use our town power roles.

I propose that anyone who thinks they are in danger of being shot should flip a coin every night (or some other method of RNG).  If heads, use your ability.  If tails, do not.  This will dissuade mafia from shooting useful targets without actually revealing who did or did not use their ability.

K33PS

K33PS

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 252 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:545743
  • Souls Baptized:1,557
  • Squadron:Delta

Whoo game has started!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

K33PS

K33PS

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 252 posts
  • Resources:

Also, while we wait for people to vote for that hethen, blasphemous mafia, I wanted to make a proposal on how to use our town power roles.

I propose that anyone who thinks they are in danger of being shot should flip a coin every night (or some other method of RNG).  If heads, use your ability.  If tails, do not.  This will dissuade mafia from shooting useful targets without actually revealing who did or did not use their ability.

Wouldn't that put you more at risk for the 50/50 chance of being killed? Shouldn't it be if you feel like your head is in the cross hairs to arm and pray it wasn't in vain? I mean either way it's a "hope for the best" situation with only one night for us to arm are self's.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Montosh

Montosh

Head of the Loser Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,628 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:510117
  • Souls Baptized:Not enough

Not bad, if we all agree on this it would probably make it difficult for the mafia. Then again, it's hard to know who will activate their ability and when regardless. Because it becomes a game of outguess the mafia.

You seem like the obvious target, so you arm yourself. The mafia know you seem like the obvious target, so they don't go for you assuming you armed yourself. Or you seem like the obvious target, but you don't arm yourself because you assume the mafia won't kill you based on the fact that you'll probably arm yourself. And all the variations of that.

So yeah, not sure how useful that'll be.

Posted Image

Former --->Posted Image

[img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img] Join the Lobster Party Today! [img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

K33PS

K33PS

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 252 posts
  • Resources:

It is a game of who armed and who hasn't. the best strategy is to try and keep as much info off the thread as possible so you don't give away any info to make yourself a target while still extracting vital info, but that is not always so easily done.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

And then all the mafia has to do is continue no killing until everyone runs out of shots lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hapa

Hapa

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 46 posts
  • Resources:

Wouldn't that put you more at risk for the 50/50 chance of being killed? Shouldn't it be if you feel like your head is in the cross hairs to arm and pray it wasn't in vain? I mean either way it's a "hope for the best" situation with only one night for us to arm are self's.

I highly doubt mafia would make a night action that would put them at a 50/50 chance of getting killed.  Those are terrible odds for mafia, and I'd take the town side of that any day.

Remember, mafia only have 3 members in this setup, so taking a risk to lose one at coinflip odds is very scary.

It is a game of who armed and who hasn't. the best strategy is to try and keep as much info off the thread as possible so you don't give away any info to make yourself a target while still extracting vital info, but that is not always so easily done.

...and here-in lies the point of my plan.  If you generate your night actions by RNG, mafia will never have enough information to make a safe shot.

And then all the mafia has to do is continue no killing until everyone runs out of shots lol

That would be fantastic for town no?  Mafia not shooting people = extra lynches for us.

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, but if the mafia are good players they won't get caught into far into the game. If they wait for say, 3 days, the mafia may feel safe enough to start taking shots with impunity

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hapa

Hapa

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 46 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, but if the mafia are good players they won't get caught into far into the game. If they wait for say, 3 days, the mafia may feel safe enough to start taking shots with impunity

That's still absolutely fantastic.  I don't think you understand how much of an information advantage extra lynches are for town.

Though why are you assuming that there's some "super-team" of mafia running around?

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

I'm not assuming anything :P

I'm assuming that OP is stating the truth and that there are 3 mafia. Saying that mafia want to avoid getting killed isn't exactly assuming much :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hapa

Hapa

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 46 posts
  • Resources:

So what do you think is the best way to deal with the 1-shot PGO abilities?

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418

No, that is a terrible idea. We have exactly one shot. If the mafia decides to not kill us in the first few three days, and we all use that, then more than 80% of us will have wasted our power.

How about this, we talk, then we decide what do?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar: