Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TBD Mafia - Game Thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701
  • Squadron:Kilo

Players:

• Rafay
  • Electric Mango
  • Montosh
  • Kaziocore
  • Imran Ehsan
  • KevinH
  • Robert2424
  • Lyner
  • d3mon

Replacements:

1. Nick The Great

Still Alive (4/9)

Spoiler

Already Dead

Spoiler

Links To Important Stuff

Edited by Preston, 07 November 2014 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

GAME RULES

( Blatantly stolen from Kaziocore's last game thread. Most of you know how this works by now - don't make things difficult for the new mod! )

General Rules

1. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.
  3. Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
  4. Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
  5. Do not edit/delete posts!
  6. Do not talk after you are dead or replaced except for a brief Bah!-type post that contains NO game related information.
  7. Don't post the links to quicktopics that are used unless I give you permission.
  8. Claiming scum by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with others is not, regardless of the truth of this claim.
  9. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
  10. Play to win. Deliberately throwing the game is prohibited.

Activity/Prods/Replacements

1. If a player goes 72 real life hours without posting, they may be prodded at my discretion, or upon being asked by another player. Prods will be announced in thread.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, would be prodded thrice in the same game-day, or four times in total within the game, they may be force-replaced at my discretion.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period please PM the Mod so that you don't get replaced!

Deadlines

1. Days will have a deadline of 14 real-time days - # of dead players; Nights will have a deadline of 72 real life hours.
  2. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced in thread.
  3. Deadlines may be shortened if activity is too low, or if all Night choices have been received early.

Player Actions/Voting/Player Death

1. Votes must be at the beginning of a new line, using bold (VOTE: Player name). Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. It is not necessary to explicitly unvote (UNVOTE: Player name) before voting someone else.
  3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched.
  4. In the event that the majority is not reached at the end of the day, the half-majority rule will be followed. If no player meets the half majority criteria, the current wagon leader will be lynched. 
  5. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  6. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, there will be No Lynch. 
  7. If a player has a night action, but does not submit a choice before deadline, they will perform no action.

Miscellaneous

1. This color is reserved for the Mod. Don't use it.
  2. Invisible/small/encrypted text is not allowed.
  3. Modkills will be enforced. If you do something that is a modkillable offense, it will be done in a way that is detrimental to your faction. You will be changed to a neutral survivor (automatic lose).
  4. If you find loopholes in any of the rules and use them it is considered not good sportsmanship. This doesn't apply to game mechanics of course. If you find a loophole that seems important please do not hesitate to notify me immediately.
  5. Have fun!

Edited by Preston, 22 October 2014 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

Game Setup - Chosen Mafia

This setup entails the following roles:

• 2 Mafia Goons
  • 4 Vanilla Townies
  • 2 Chosen Townies (are given Vanilla Townie Role PMs)
  • 1 Palm Reader OR Witch Doctor (explained below)

Mechanics

• Pre-game, the mafia select one player in the game to veto. This player cannot be "chosen" (though they may become the other power role!). 2 of the remaining 6 townies are randomly selected by the moderator to be the Chosen Townies. 
  • The Mafia are told who was Chosen, but the Chosen are not. 
  • As long as BOTH chosen townies are alive, neither can be Night-killed and cannot be endgamed due to low player count: (ie; 1 or 2 Mafia vs. 2 Chosen is a town win).
  • Chosen Townies are revealed as "Chosen Townie" upon death (lynch or night kill)
  • The town CANNOT no-lynch!

Roles

Mafia Role(s):

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner, [Player Name]. You are the bad guys.

Abilities:
Factional Communication - During the night phase you may talk with your partner via QuickTopic.

Factional Veto - Before the game begins, you and your partner must message the moderater your choice of who to veto from being a Chosen Townie. You may discuss this in your QuickTopic before the game begins.
Factional kill - Each night phase, you may message the moderater your choice of who to kill and who is performing the kill.

Win Condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town Roles:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie. You are one of the good guys.

Abilities:
Vote - Your weapon is your vote. Use it wisely.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Palm Reader. You are one of the good guys.

Abilities:
Vote - Same as a Vanilla Townie, your weapon is your vote. Use it wisely.

Tell Fortune - Each night phase, you may choose someone's fortune to tell. You will be given an answer in the form Chosen or Not Chosen. If you find a Chosen Townie, no further fortune telling attempts will succeed; the mystic gift leaves you when a chosen one is found.

Win Condition:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Witch Doctor. You are one of the good guys.

Abilities:
Vote - Same as a Vanilla Townie, your weapon is your vote. Use it wisely.

Steal JuJu - Each night phase, you may attempt to steal the Chosen status from another Townie.

• You will not be informed if you succeed.
  • If successful, the affected Chosen townie will now be revealed simply as "Vanilla Townie" upon death, and you will be revealed as "Chosen Witch Doctor" upon death.
  • If you steal a Chosen Townie's power, any further attempts will have no effect (but you will not be told this!)

Win Condition:

Edited by Preston, 04 October 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

I decided to add some quirks to the 'Chosen Mafia' schema. I'll welcome game setup critique and pointing out gotchas/typos, but we'll give these roles a try for this game - it's an experiment after all!

Role PMs will go out tomorrow when I find some dice for randomness in picking Mafia members/roles and make a quicktopic for Mafia to discuss their Veto choice. Hopefully they will be active and we can get the day started by Monday!

UPDATE: Mafia Role PMs have gone out! Awaiting their Veto selection; try not to take too long on this, guys!

Edited by Preston, 04 October 2014 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

<VOTE PRESTON>

Do we need the extra game mechanics? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

Intriguing mechanics

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

they'll probably have to be simplified otherwise If I think its this stupid nomination who can we lynch and who we cannot, I'll opt out. did one game like that, never again. 

and the fact we can't choose not to lynch if we so please is like a feature that is a restriction. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

The "Chosen Mafia" mechanics are taken straight from mafiascum.net, so I didn't come up with those. The No-Lynch prohibition is necessary to prevent stalemate; town would otherwise have no reason to lynch ANYONE. 

What I added were the two additional power roles, Palm Reader and Witch Doctor - of which only ONE will actually appear in the game. At this point I'm not sure which will be used - I'm going to flip a coin later once the Mafia sends me their Veto. The extra roles are designed to mix things up a little from the base game.

Give the game type a try and see what happens; worst case it's a short game and we move on to the next. 

Edited by Preston, 04 October 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

and that one will take forever to start also? lol. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
Well I for one think this will be a fun game and look forward to playing. Thanks for setting it up Preston.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Montosh

Montosh

Head of the Loser Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,628 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:510117
  • Souls Baptized:Not enough
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I think this'll be a good one.

Posted Image

Former --->Posted Image

[img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img] Join the Lobster Party Today! [img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

they'll probably have to be simplified otherwise If I think its this stupid nomination who can we lynch and who we cannot, I'll opt out. did one game like that, never again. 

and the fact we can't choose not to lynch if we so please is like a feature that is a restriction. 

Reading back over your earlier post Robert - For clarity *anyone* can be lynched during the day; no restrictions or nominations are visible to the town and the day will proceed as normal. The restrictions only apply to the Mafia, in terms of who they can nightkill - and then only if BOTH Chosen Townies are still alive. Hope this answers your concern.

UPDATE: The Mafia's Veto is in, and Role PMs are going out now. Day 1 will start when I have received at least 7 confirmations. 

Edited by Preston, 05 October 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

It's a chill autumn season, and in the days leading up to Halloween there are a number of foreboding signs that two among the community have turned toward dark rituals - those that require human sacrifice. There are stories about this happening in the past - actually there are a LOT of stories, it's normally a quiet town - but the stories point to a pair of heroes able to ward off the darkness. Of course, the stories aren't useful for finding who the heroes would be NOW... 

And so we begin - with everyone staring blankly at each other, blood and death on everyone's mind, and the innocents oblivious while evil schemes.

Good luck!

Day 1 has begun!

Edited by Preston, 06 October 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count

Rafay (0) - 
Electric Mango (0) - 
Montosh (0) - 
Kaziocore (0) - 
Imran Ehsan (0) - 
KevinH (0) - 
Robert2424 (0) - 
Lyner (0) - 
d3mon (0) - 

Not Voting (9) - Rafay, Electric Mango, Montosh, Kaziocore, Imran Ehsan, KevinH, Robert2424, Lyner, d3mon

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to reach majority and 3 to reach half-majority.
No one is the current wagon leader at L-5

Edited by Preston, 06 October 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Montosh

Montosh

Head of the Loser Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,628 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:510117
  • Souls Baptized:Not enough
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Vote: KevinH

We can't no-lynch. Whatcha gonna do? :P

Posted Image

Former --->Posted Image

[img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img] Join the Lobster Party Today! [img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Montosh

Cause I can and want to. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017

Vote KevinH

It seems only appropriate since we are forced to lynch someone. :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Vote: Lyner

80% probability of being scum :mellow:

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

oh imran? I want to hear your statistics in detail. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

oh imran? I want to hear your statistics in detail. :P

bad idea mate