Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

US Elections 2014

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160
  • Squadron:Kilo

Just a reminder that if you are in the United States, it is election day.  Lots of competitive races at all levels of governance as well as many important propositions/referendums to weigh in on.

If not sure where to vote, find out: https://2014.votinginfoproject.org/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordEmperor

LordEmperor

The ex-Headmaster

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,386 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:256396
  • Souls Baptized:5,312,827

It is easily foreseeable that the U.S. is not going to be able to get anything constructive done until the next election... It seems like Republicans are going to control the Congress and Obama will be left to fight uphill battles against them. Not good at all for the people.

eadmaster of the Academy, Kilo CO, Echo CO/XO/MS, Recruiting Director, Deputy Postmaster General,
Presidium, Trading Post Director, Recruiter, Maintainer, Award Panel, Admission Staff, Student of the Month, and Diplomat
IRON Member of the Month for January 2013; Longest Serving Commanding Officer

In charge of; Great Chosun Empire
Infinite Glory and Honor of IRON beyond Mere Imagination

Pre-M.P. - 435,930 Attacking + 1,257,468 Defending = 1,693,398 Casualties (4.09%)
Post-M.P. - 1,455,463 Attacking + 2,734,186 Defending = 4,189,649 Casualties (6.74%)

Currently - 1,884,874 Attacking + 3,427,953 Defending = 5,312,827 Casualties (21.19%)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

Even considering that that is the almost pre-ordained outcome, there is a lot more to weigh in on.  Many states have close contests for governors for example: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/final-governors-forecast-close-contests-in-about-a-dozen-races/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Solider

Solider

Wrought IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 224 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:561662
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
This Goverment is terrible at finances

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

It is easily foreseeable that the U.S. is not going to be able to get anything constructive done until the next election... It seems like Republicans are going to control the Congress and Obama will be left to fight uphill battles against them. Not good at all for the people.

omg... Do you really wish to go there LE?

So to get anything "constructive" done, it has to be Democrats that do it?

Republicans are not people?

Who has been fighting uphill battles?

There are over 360 bills from the House of Representatives sitting on Hary Reid's desk that he refuses to bring to the floor.

This will change in January... and the true obstructionist will be exposed.

I think you are an amazing leader, but this post really offended me Sir.

I have spent the last 8 years of my life to bring down the most corrupt politician in DC... Harry Reid. Tonight I drink champaign.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

What is wrong with typing *January*? ojanuary... how crazy is this?

Edited by Lysistrata, 04 November 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord Bagel

Lord Bagel

Cast IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 544 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:497819
  • Souls Baptized:588,474

The Republicans have made it very clear that they don't want to do anything while Obama is in office. No laws are getting passed, congress is barely in session. Nothing is going to be happening until the republican party can shed the Tea Party's grip or a Republican is in the White House, which I don't see happening anytime in the near future due to the ultra-right pandering during primary season (looking at you Mitt)

Hi Lysistrata. you should visit me in the TOP embassy sometime

itsbageltime.jpg

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

So to get anything "constructive" done, it has to be Democrats that do it?

Republicans are not people?

Think he meant its more the case of president =/= congress mismatch of party. The other way around it would also be "less then thrilling" :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The Republicans have made it very clear that they don't want to do anything while Obama is in office.

Not true. From 2009-2010, the Democrat controlled House and Senate rammed through a one trillion dollar "stimulus" pay-off to their supporters.

They rammed through Dodd-Frank financial reform, which is a disaster... proof of this is the fact... where is Dodd and Frank now?

The auto bailout was totally illegal. Shareholders lost their ass while the unions got everything. Dealership owners that were Republican lost their dealerships when Democrats were allowed to keep theirs. It was a total scam.

Obamacare was rammed through in the dead of night on Christmas... to keep newly elected Scott Brown from stopping it.

None of this was done with a single Republican vote. The 2010 election drove Democrats out of the House on a mandate "to stop Obama".

It's Barack Obama that refuses to work with Republicans.

No laws are getting passed, congress is barely in session.

Thank Harry Reid... he has not brought anything to a vote that's not a complete surrender of Republican values.

Nothing is going to be happening until the republican party can shed the Tea Party's grip or a Republican is in the White House, which I don't see happening anytime in the near future due to the ultra-right pandering during primary season (looking at you Mitt)

What? The Tea Party are people who believe in lower taxes and fiscal responsibility. What's wrong with that? They are all Republicans... I'm one.

Hi Lysistrata. you should visit me in the TOP embassy sometime

Great to see you again Mr. Bagel, I used to sell tech to you, remember? :)

I'll take that as a personal invitation from one diplomat to another.

I'll speak with our SOS and see if it can be arranged.

Edited by Lysistrata, 05 November 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord Bagel

Lord Bagel

Cast IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 544 posts
  • Resources:

you aren't IRON anymore? What the hell am I doing here?

I missread that. I meant on these boards. IS that necessary for you guys?

itsbageltime.jpg

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Oh okay... I cut myself shaving this morning and I still bleed IRON.

I love my alliance. This place brings out the finest people.

We can talk here anytime... I'll check the TOP board more often.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

BOOM! Joni Ernst has just won Iowa and clinches control of US Senate... what was that? Republicans hate women? LIES!

Party at my house... I have emailed Harry and told him not to attempt to destroy the country before he VACATES!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516

BOOM! Joni Ernst has just won Iowa and clinches control of US Senate... what was that? Republicans hate women? LIES!

Party at my house... I have emailed Harry and told him not to attempt to destroy the country before he VACATES!

Yes finally we could get something passed in Congress perhaps.

I hope to have a Republican President in 2016 

Maybe Mitt Romney? 

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Maybe Mitt Romney? 

I have predicted that if Jeb Bush runs, Mitt will not. It looks like Jeb will be running.

As much as I hate the thought of a Bush-Clinton election, that's what we may well get.

Hillary is all the Dems have, and Republicans have an entire bench of second stringers.

Jeb would be an awesome President, but 3 Bush's? Really?

He can beat Hillary... people think they like her... until she talks, and the resume just is not there, but that didn't stop Obama.

I would like Mitt a lot more. He's really a good man, but he was too easy of a target for the hate on the left. He's a leader.

We shall see what damage comes from the record number of vetoes that are about to come down.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Maybe Mitt Romney? 

I have predicted that if Jeb Bush runs, Mitt will not. It looks like Jeb will be running.

As much as I hate the thought of a Bush-Clinton election, that's what we may well get.

Hillary is all the Dems have, and Republicans have an entire bench of second stringers.

Jeb would be an awesome President, but 3 Bush's? Really?

He can beat Hillary... people think they like her... until she talks, and the resume just is not there, but that didn't stop Obama.

I would like Mitt a lot more. He's really a good man, but he was too easy of a target for the hate on the left. He's a leader.

We shall see what damage comes from the record number of vetoes that are about to come down.

Jeb Bush really?? 

Hmmm. Thats interesting 3 Bushs in like the span of 30 years. 

I heard Mitt Romney was planning to run since he was sponsoring some of the potential candidates in this year's midterms. 

He also predicted that the craziness in the Middle East was going to happen because of the Obama Administration being incompetent at foreign policy. 

I am pretty sure Obama's going to have a tough time passing a bill through Congress; he will probably rely more on Executive Orders a lot more. 

Posted Image
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

For Mitt to run again, it will probably take a huge draft and a free ride to the nomination... much like Hillary has.

He does not want to go through another brutal debate and primary war. He feels he's been fully vetted already. So it's unlikely.

Everything he warned us about has happened in full glory... which is ironic. I wish he was our President.

Obama cannot "pass a bill through Congress". He's not a legislator anymore... hell, he never did a thing as a Senator.

He can try to get the people behind an idea, but that bird has flown. He can only sign into law, or veto, bills that hit his desk.

He's vetoed 2 bills in six years... because he had a Dem majority his first two years... and Harry as a goalie the last 4.

He will be the textbook definition of a "lame duck"... he's done... and all those people he has spit on for 6 years... will be his jury now.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

For Mitt to run again, it will probably take a huge draft and a free ride to the nomination... much like Hillary has.

He does not want to go through another brutal debate and primary war. He feels he's been fully vetted already. So it's unlikely.

Everything he warned us about has happened in full glory... which is ironic. I wish he was our President.

Obama cannot "pass a bill through Congress". He's not a legislator anymore... hell, he never did a thing as a Senator.

He can try to get the people behind an idea, but that bird has flown. He can only sign into law, or veto, bills that hit his desk.

He's vetoed 2 bills in six years... because he had a Dem majority his first two years... and Harry as a goalie the last 4.

He will be the textbook definition of a "lame duck"... he's done... and all those people he has spit on for 6 years... will be his jury now.

Yeah you are right about that I wish he would have been. People didn't vote for him maybe for religious reasons or other specific reasons. 

I am pretty sure he can influence other potential candidates who are going to run in 2016.

I meant he could try introduce bill but I'm pretty sure he won't even get it passed and I guess he's going to veto more now since it is now a Republican Congress. 

I agree a "lame duck" president because he's quickly losing his legacy primarily due to foreign policy. He can't get much done since he has two more years left. 

I just hope in 2016 somebody candidate that has a strong leadership  and displays good diplomatic skills will take the helm.  Hopefully a Republican, not a Democrat. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

Here we have the start of 2 boring years of American political deadlock.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

This is how I predict things are going to play out over the next 2 years.

Senate and House will both pass bills that hold Republican support. Obama will look at it and likely veto every single bill that comes on his desk, unless a large share of Democrats voted for it. Once that continues for months and months, support will have all but eroded for Obama as people will view him as the man holding things up. Democrat House members and Senators will start jumping ship and voting for Republican sponsored bills for fear they will lose their Congressional seating in 2016. We may even start seeing over riding of Presidential vetoes as early as next year.

This election is really like 2006 all over again, except the roles are reversed. Both parts of Congress went Democrat, and Bush slowly turned into a lame duck president. Then 2008 happened and elected a Democratic President and kept both parts of Congress. Because public support was at a major low for Republicans.

This is why I expect a Republican candidate to win in 2016. All the Republicans really have to prove is that Obama and Democrats are standing in the way of progress, and public opinion will easily be swayed. Pointing out past failures will also reinforce this. Hilary is the only potential Democrat candidate with even a chance at winning the election. Almost solely based on her popularity because her reputation as a leader is beyond tarnished based on her experience as Secretary of State.

Next few years are going to be rather interesting. I expect a lot of 'action' to occur and verbal conflicts.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord Bagel

Lord Bagel

Cast IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 544 posts
  • Resources:
I have doubts about another Mittens campaign. The GOP didn't want to give him the nomination last time around, and it bit them in the foot, and it will be the same story this time as well. Last election Mitt didn't carry either of his "home states" of Massachusetts or Michigan, and Paul Ryan wasn't able to bring him Wisconsin either.

Realisticly, i see Jeb, Ryan, Rand Paul, Cristie, Cruz, as primary candidates,

itsbageltime.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users