Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

US Elections 2014

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Deputy A

Deputy A

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,247 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:551489

It is easily foreseeable that the U.S. is not going to be able to get anything constructive done until the next election... It seems like Republicans are going to control the Congress and Obama will be left to fight uphill battles against them. Not good at all for the people.

omg... Do you really wish to go there LE?

So to get anything "constructive" done, it has to be Democrats that do it?

Republicans are not people?

Who has been fighting uphill battles?

There are over 360 bills from the House of Representatives sitting on Hary Reid's desk that he refuses to bring to the floor.

This will change in January... and the true obstructionist will be exposed.

I think you are an amazing leader, but this post really offended me Sir.

I have spent the last 8 years of my life to bring down the most corrupt politician in DC... Harry Reid. Tonight I drink champaign.

Lysistrata, I agree with your opinion on Democrats.  Harry Reid is somewhat of a hypocrite.  He should let one of those bills with ACA repealed come to the floor.  If the Senators like they will vote for it and it will pass, if not then it will not pass.  The constitutional exercise of rejecting/passing laws will be carried to its logical conclusion. However, I am disappinted in John Boehner.  The same thing should happen in the House of Representatives, the immigration bill should be bought to a vote.  If the bill passes or gets rejected, it will be because the constitutional exercise will be carried out.  The founding fathers did not imagine a bill not being put up to vote.  By sitting on the immigration bill, the current GOP is being foolish.  A rejection vote would send a clear signal to the Democrats and the general public that this immigration bill is not proper.  By sitting on the bill, they are giving a chance for the Democrats to unfairly attack them as obstructionists.  If the GOP holds a vote, and it gets rejected, then there is no basis for the argument that the Republicans are "obstructionists".  The immigration bill was rejected by a House of Congress, and it must be debated on further.  There would be no reason to label the Republicans as "obstructionists"

Not sure if you are aware (you are at 100 tech, so maybe you do know, but gonna say it anyway), when you are buying tech to send out, NEVER have more than 100 on hand at one time. You should be profiting from selling tech if you are using the 12 step format. Starting at 0 tech, buy 12 batches in this order: one batch of 4.5, then two batches of 10, then a batch of 5, then four batches of 10, a batch of 5, two batches of 10, and finally a batch of 5.5.

NOTE:
If you have an odd number of tech that is less than 0.5 tech (0.01 to 0.49), ignore it as if it doesnt exist. This can happen from being hit in war and losing partial tech. So if you have 0.34 tech, buy like normal using the steps exactly. (You'd have 4.84 in this example after buying the first batch of 4.5...and end with 100.34 after all batches are bought).)

If you have an odd number more than 0.5 (0.51 to 0.99), you would buy only 4 on the first batch, not 4.5. So if you have 0.69 tech, you only buy 4 tech on the first batch, then follow all other steps exactly. (You'd have 4.69 in this example after buying the first batch of 4 instead of 4.5...and end with 100.19 after all batches are bought. Then your next time buying you'd follow the above example having less than 0.5 tech remaining.)

o/
JC
Echo MS

0.0 to 4.5 (4.5)
4.5 to 14.5 (10)
4.5 to 24.5 (10)
24.5 to 29.5 (5)
29.5 to 39.5 (10)
39.5 to 49.5 (10)
49.5 to 59.5 (10)
59.5 to 69.5 (10)
69.5 to 74.5 (5)
74.5 to 84.5 (10)
84.5 to 94.5 (10)
94.5 to 100(5,5)

DERIVATIVES THAT I NEED TO KNOW
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I'm just happy my state went red, for once Marylanders got a clue after O'malley taxed everything under the sun...including rain.

And Dr. Ben Carson is the first out the gate it seems saying that he'll be running.

I use to be diehard Republican...now, I still side more Republican but I'm disgusted by both parties.  Tired of zero effort to work together between parties, and political leaders on both sides only going with what "they're suppose to do," and who gave them the most money.  Both sides are just a bunch of slimeballs...but my views are more Republican then Democrat.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

It is easily foreseeable that the U.S. is not going to be able to get anything constructive done until the next election... It seems like Republicans are going to control the Congress and Obama will be left to fight uphill battles against them. Not good at all for the people.

There are over 360 bills from the House of Representatives sitting on Hary Reid's desk that he refuses to bring to the floor.

I have spent the last 8 years of my life to bring down the most corrupt politician in DC... Harry Reid. Tonight I drink champaign.

Lysistrata...I agree to a lot of your views, but you really should tone it back some.  You come off quite aggressive, and your views are not the only ones that are allowed to be said.  You can debate/discuss a point without being so in your face because an individual has a different opinion then you.  I enjoy a good discussion from different views, but I can't stand when someone makes someone feel like their thoughts/opinion/views mean nothing because they're different then theirs.  These are why I hate to see topics like these even started, because it always becomes hostile instead of debating, instead of at the end of the day, we're all entitled to our own views and beliefs so leave it at that.  The mere fact you got "offended" over a post that you took different from your views and instantly went on the attack is why I dread seeing such topics, as it just ends up bad and people pissed off.

And tbh...I don't get why you got so offended.  LE's post is making a very realistic point.  You're making assumptions to what LE meant by his post, and no where did I read LE say that Republicans are not people, nor that Democrats can only do things "constructive."  The point made is probably a likely scenario.  You have Republicans going to push bills that favor Republican views/ideals and likely not look to work with Democrats because they have majority in both House and Senate, and you have a Democratic President who will likely not like the bills, and thus fight for his parties view.  You come off as if roles were reversed, a Republican President would not do the same, and the truth is, they would.  It's going to be a big tug of war match which will likely end up stalling most of everything, and it's not one side's fault or the other, it's both of their faults because neither want to actually work together to come up with a decent proposal that both sides can support, and that actually would help America.  The Republicans wont care about Democrats thoughts or views because they have majority in congress so they don't need to, and you got a President who is the last line of Defense for Democrats to not just let Republicans pass what they want.  So LE's point is likely spot on, nothing constructive is going to happen because both sides are going to have zero interest in the other's opinions, Republicans in Congress because they can now get what they want passed without Democrats, and a Democratic President who doesn't care what Republicans think, because he's the President and he has power that Republicans don't have in the oval office.  To go along at what you wanted to point out at LE, where you took his response that you think he meant only Democrats can be constructive...not only Republicans can be constructive to.

At the end of the day, I really think you took that post way to personal and I believe you took it in a lot different way then it was meant.  Though I can't speak for LE, I see nothing in that response that hinted at what you assumed LE meant, and a diss only to Republicans.  I think that comment was directed at both parties, that are not going to work with each other, and thus nothing constructive will get done because neither side is going to budge.  And even if it was, LE stated his opinion, just as you have, you should respect someone's right to their opinion, even if yours might be different

And finally....

I ask everyone to be respectful to everyone here.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you do not like it, and want to debate it, then do it in a respectful manner.  Present facts, present your thoughts on why you think differently if you do, but do not attack someone.  I like these topics because I think they're nice to see people's different views even if they differ from mine...but I will not let people get belittled or bullied, or this topic will be closed.  Topics on politics, religion, etc on forums like these turn usually turn out bad...so I hope it doesn't become that way.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Deputy A

Deputy A

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,247 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:551489

Lysistrata...I agree to a lot of your views, but you really should tone it back some. You come off quite aggressive, and your views are not the only ones that are allowed to be said. You can debate/discuss a point without being so in your face because an individual has a different opinion then you. I enjoy a good discussion from different views, but I can't stand when someone makes someone feel like their thoughts/opinion/views mean nothing because they're different then theirs. These are why I hate to see topics like these even started, because it always becomes hostile instead of debating, instead of at the end of the day, we're all entitled to our own views and beliefs so leave it at that. The mere fact you got "offended" over a post that you took different from your views and instantly went on the attack is why I dread seeing such topics, as it just ends up bad and people pissed off.

And tbh...I don't get why you got so offended. LE's post is making a very realistic point. You're making assumptions to what LE meant by his post, and no where did I read LE say that Republicans are not people, nor that Democrats can only do things "constructive." The point made is probably a likely scenario. You have Republicans going to push bills that favor Republican views/ideals and likely not look to work with Democrats because they have majority in both House and Senate, and you have a Democratic President who will likely not like the bills, and thus fight for his parties view. You come off as if roles were reversed, a Republican President would not do the same, and the truth is, they would. It's going to be a big tug of war match which will likely end up stalling most of everything, and it's not one side's fault or the other, it's both of their faults because neither want to actually work together to come up with a decent proposal that both sides can support, and that actually would help America. The Republicans wont care about Democrats thoughts or views because they have majority in congress so they don't need to, and you got a President who is the last line of Defense for Democrats to not just let Republicans pass what they want. So LE's point is likely spot on, nothing constructive is going to happen because both sides are going to have zero interest in the other's opinions, Republicans in Congress because they can now get what they want passed without Democrats, and a Democratic President who doesn't care what Republicans think, because he's the President and he has power that Republicans don't have in the oval office. To go along at what you wanted to point out at LE, where you took his response that you think he meant only Democrats can be constructive...not only Republicans can be constructive to.

At the end of the day, I really think you took that post way to personal and I believe you took it in a lot different way then it was meant. Though I can't speak for LE, I see nothing in that response that hinted at what you assumed LE meant, and a diss only to Republicans. I think that comment was directed at both parties, that are not going to work with each other, and thus nothing constructive will get done because neither side is going to budge. And even if it was, LE stated his opinion, just as you have, you should respect someone's right to their opinion, even if yours might be different

And finally....

I ask everyone to be respectful to everyone here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you do not like it, and want to debate it, then do it in a respectful manner. Present facts, present your thoughts on why you think differently if you do, but do not attack someone. I like these topics because I think they're nice to see people's different views even if they differ from mine...but I will not let people get belittled or bullied, or this topic will be closed. Topics on politics, religion, etc on forums like these turn usually turn out bad...so I hope it doesn't become that way.

This x2.

Lysistrata,while I am generally right leaning, and agree with your assertion that Democrats can be obtuse. I feel that there just be open debate. Hence, my feelings bills need to come up to vote so tha there can be debate. Not all Republicans are the best people neither are democrats. What matters is that we have open debate.

Not sure if you are aware (you are at 100 tech, so maybe you do know, but gonna say it anyway), when you are buying tech to send out, NEVER have more than 100 on hand at one time. You should be profiting from selling tech if you are using the 12 step format. Starting at 0 tech, buy 12 batches in this order: one batch of 4.5, then two batches of 10, then a batch of 5, then four batches of 10, a batch of 5, two batches of 10, and finally a batch of 5.5.

NOTE:
If you have an odd number of tech that is less than 0.5 tech (0.01 to 0.49), ignore it as if it doesnt exist. This can happen from being hit in war and losing partial tech. So if you have 0.34 tech, buy like normal using the steps exactly. (You'd have 4.84 in this example after buying the first batch of 4.5...and end with 100.34 after all batches are bought).)

If you have an odd number more than 0.5 (0.51 to 0.99), you would buy only 4 on the first batch, not 4.5. So if you have 0.69 tech, you only buy 4 tech on the first batch, then follow all other steps exactly. (You'd have 4.69 in this example after buying the first batch of 4 instead of 4.5...and end with 100.19 after all batches are bought. Then your next time buying you'd follow the above example having less than 0.5 tech remaining.)

o/
JC
Echo MS

0.0 to 4.5 (4.5)
4.5 to 14.5 (10)
4.5 to 24.5 (10)
24.5 to 29.5 (5)
29.5 to 39.5 (10)
39.5 to 49.5 (10)
49.5 to 59.5 (10)
59.5 to 69.5 (10)
69.5 to 74.5 (5)
74.5 to 84.5 (10)
84.5 to 94.5 (10)
94.5 to 100(5,5)

DERIVATIVES THAT I NEED TO KNOW
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160
  • Squadron:Kilo

I think it is important to recognize that there exists an entire industry focused on enriching itself at the expense of breaking the political system in this country.  Certain individuals, organizations, and think tanks, which may claim loftier goals, but actually are just in the business of stoking anger and outrage among partisans on both ends of the political spectrum.  Down the street, someone else is selling redistricting maps that will ensure each party ends up with massive numbers of safe seats, making the primaries the only contest that matters and giving those deluded primary voters whose mouths froth with not-really-justified rage the ability to foist mirror images of themselves on the rest of us.

I was reading an interview with Sen. Flake (R-AZ), who apparently was once invited, along with some other congressmen, to play a game of basketball with Pres. Obama at the White House.  Somehow this event got out and his office ended up getting inundated with calls from constituents screaming at him to cancel his participation in the game.  I'd like to think he ordered his staff to politely tell those people to f--- off, but I'm sure that wasn't the case.  Crazies like those people are going to doom us all.

Maybe one day, with the parties continuing to be unable to work together, our roads will crumble to dust (you can't expect Republicans to compromise on raising the federal gas tax, even to the point of letting it rise with inflation), and the military will be holding its planes together with duct tape (Democrats couldn't possibly authorize that much money for the evil military-industrial complex).  Then perhaps, there will be a collective realization that it might not have been worth getting so mad over fairly little things that we stopped seeing fellow citizens as people, but as an army of "others" that needed to be beaten into submission to the point where they wouldn't have to be heard from again.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I'm actually surprised peoples reactions from these elections. While I personally don't care, democrats think Republicans are scum of the Earth, and its a Nation sin they the republicans got elected. While Republicans are just happen saying democrats have done nothing but hold the country back. Honestly, if there was a third party that was just as strong as republicans or democrats, I'd imagine they would of been elected. This rivalry is becoming insane. I think if we locked all the democrats and republicans in a room, till they solved the problems of the economy, within 5 mins would have to send in armed police officers from them murdering each other. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I'm so ashamed to be American right now - we must look like bloody fools to the rest of the world, and that's not just because of this election.

Hillary is a Progressive... which means she's a closet Socialist. So is Warren and O'Malley. Bernie Sanders is the only one on your list that is openly, and quite proudly, a Socialist. Anytime you steal money from someone that earns it and give it to someone that doesn't... it's wrong and it's just theft. Doesn't matter how you disguise it.

Now, THAT would make me embarrassed to be an American. What is even with your nations obsession with "socialism" whereby anyone who indicates they want to help other people through times of hardship is immediately an America hating scumbag?

From your constitution:
"to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

Surely it is in the general Welfare of the nation to ensure the well being of the citizens you are spending hundreds of billions of dollars protecting?

My wife just sent me this joke... hysterical :)

An Italian doctor says:
"In Italy, medicine is so advanced that we cut off a man's testicles, put them on another man, and in 6 weeks, he is looking for work".

"The Dutch doctor says:
"That's nothing, in Holland we take part of a brain, put it in another man, and in 4 weeks he is looking for work".

"The Canadian doctor says:
"Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another mans chest, and in 2 weeks he is looking for work".

"The American doctor laughs:
"You all are behind us. Six years ago, we took a man with no brains, no heart, and no balls and made him President.
Now, the whole country is looking for work!"

"The Canadian doctor says:
"Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another mans chest, and in 2 weeks he is back at work with no debt".

"The American doctor laughs:
"We can take someone to hospital with a cardiac arrest, treat them unsuccessfully, have their insurance duck out because they didn't tell them about a staph infection they'd had 24 years earlier. Then we slap their family with the bill, take their house to pay for it, and then watch the now destitute family get ill and die on the streets with no moral or legal repercussions."

Breaking Bad in Canada / the UK:
"You've been a hard working teacher who's paid taxes all your life. I'm afraid you have lung cancer. Are you free to start treatment on Monday? Excellent. Don't worry, if it doesn't work out your family will be supported."

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Ah politics. The elections here in Georgia were interesting, I can see the strategy of turning us into a swing state taking shape. Nearly every urban center voted Democrat. Times' a changing.

That said, I don't give a damn who takes office. Folks will find some way to blame the Oval Office for all everything wrong in their life. Stubbed my toe? Blame Obama! Lost the remote? Blame Bush!

Idiocy. 

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

Ah politics. The elections here in Georgia were interesting, I can see the strategy of turning us into a swing state taking shape. Nearly every urban center voted Democrat. Times' a changing.

That said, I don't give a damn who takes office. Folks will find some way to blame the Oval Office for all everything wrong in their life. Stubbed my toe? Blame Obama! Lost the remote? Blame Bush!

Idiocy.

Exactly.

US Politics are broken, and have been since long before 2000.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Well okay... I have so many guns drawn at me right now, and I really hate writing long posts so I'll just wing it.

Rhizo Sir, I've been a creature of politics for a very long time and I know liberal speak when I hear it. It's the same snotty attitude from "progressive" University Professors that indoctrinate our children from their lofty, tax-payer funded, tenured, bastions of "I know better about the world and how you must live your life". They ingnore fly over country, and discount the worth of anyone with a southern accent as... some kind of intellectual defect. They call conservatives racist, flat earthers, and knuckle-draggers. So really my reply to LE was very kind, and would have come from a much darker part of me if I did not respect him so much.

We do hate socialists. We do hate communists. We also hate a monarchy. My English cousins in the UK know this first hand.

We're not embarrassed about it... and "general" does not mean "absolute".

I have never in all my life seen my country as divided as it is now. This is the product of Socialists in control of Congress and the Presidency for just two years. Can you imagine what it would be like if Republicans failed to take control of the House in 2010?

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

I found LE's comment politically neutral, if there's such a thing. 

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Sure it was... poor Obama and his uphill battles. The only uphill battle Obama has is which wedge will get him up on the green.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
Lys: You clearly don't remember 1994.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
Ok Lys, I'm going to ask you the same question I've asked on Facebook and have yet to receive any kind of real answer:

I want to know how the Republicans are going to be SO much better than what's in place now. Be specific. Campaign rhetoric isn't allowed.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I clearly do. Republican takeover of the House and Senate in reaction to the utter failure of Hillarycare.

The 90's were not subject to the elevation of Bill Clinton to god statis... he won the Presidency with only 43% of the vote in '92.

The Supreme Court will hear the case on the illegal subsidies in the ACA. Obamacare will soon be dead on the vine. About time.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Ok Lys, I'm going to ask you the same question I've asked on Facebook and have yet to receive any kind of real answer:

I want to know how the Republicans are going to be SO much better than what's in place now. Be specific. Campaign rhetoric isn't allowed.

You are asking me what I would do if I were in charge. I am not, and I am not one that is in the mood for compromise since the absolute disreguard for any input on what was done during the '09-'10 Congress... but I will give you a few opinions.

Drop the corporate tax rate immediately... there is 2 trillion dollars being held offshore that needs to be repatriated here... they won't bring the money in until it will not be stolen by a hostile government.

Abolish the IRS... it has become a weapon for whoever is in charge against the opposition party. I don't want this to happen to anyone ever again. Eliminate the income tax and implement the Fair-Tax. Money should be taxed when it's spent... not when it's earned. Taxes will be paid every day by just buying stuff rather than before April 15th. No deductions or loopholes. Even prostitutes and drug dealers will have to pay. Everyone pays their fair share and don't give me that crap about the rich not paying their fair share... rich people buy much more stuff. Investments would skyrocket and everyone wins.

Repeal the Federal laws that criminalize marajuana. This way the states can deal with this as they see fit and they are not openly breaking the law as they are dealing with it. It's happening already and they won't stop it, so open the door and let it play out. I don't smoke that shit myself but I know many that do... and none of them are criminals.

Remove marriage from the law. Some idiots back in the day made a huge mistake by tying marriage to the law. It has just become a big war against the church. Everyone should file civil union papers with their state. Done deal.

Social Security is a scam. Give the money back to the people in a private retirement account that is there when they retire or when they reach the age of 65-70. If they pass away the account transfers to their beneficiary. States can actually compeat for residency with who has the most attractive retirement plans. I ask you... what would be better? Your own account full of cash from compounded interest over decades amounting to millions? or a few hundred dollars a month until you die? The government has been ripping you off all your life.

Some idiot named Jimmy Carter decided education needed it's own Federal agency. Since then we have millions of dumber children and millions of lousey teachers after spending hundreds of billions of dollars more than before when we had smarter kids. This has not worked and should be reverted back to the states.

None the less, you guys get the drift... I'm a small government conservative.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:

You are asking me what I would do if I were in charge. I am not, and I am not one that is in the mood for compromise since the absolute disreguard for any input on what was done during the '09-'10 Congress... but I will give you a few opinions.

Sure, just like Bush did in 2006, and like Newt did in 1994....but I digress.

Drop the corporate tax rate immediately... there is 2 trillion dollars being held offshore that needs to be repatriated here... they won't bring the money in until it will not be stolen by a hostile government.

Good luck with that. Corporations all ready don't pay their fair share, making them pay less in taxes won't change anything.

Abolish the IRS... it has become a weapon for whoever is in charge against the opposition party. I don't want this to happen to anyone ever again. Eliminate the income tax and implement the Fair-Tax. Money should be taxed when it's spent... not when it's earned. Taxes will be paid every day by just buying stuff rather than before April 15th. No deductions or loopholes. Even prostitutes and drug dealers will have to pay. Everyone pays their fair share and don't give me that crap about the rich not paying their fair share... rich people buy much more stuff. Investments would skyrocket and everyone wins.

Ok, I could support this - a 18 or 20% VAT instead of income tax could work, plus I despise the IRS as well. However, I suspect people would balk, especially those who say that it would affect lower income more than upper income. I say no, it means everyone pays.

Repeal the Federal laws that criminalize marajuana. This way the states can deal with this as they see fit and they are not openly breaking the law as they are dealing with it. It's happening already and they won't stop it, so open the door and let it play out. I don't smoke that shit myself but I know many that do... and none of them are criminals.

Tax it like they do booze and cigarettes and you have a steady revenue stream. I like it.

Remove marriage from the law. Some idiots back in the day made a huge mistake by tying marriage to the law. It has just become a big war against the church. Everyone should file civil union papers with their state. Done deal.

I've been saying this for years. Marriage is a church sacrament. Why the government is in the marriage business is beyond me.

Social Security is a scam. Give the money back to the people in a private retirement account that is there when they retire or when they reach the age of 65-70. If they pass away the account transfers to their beneficiary. States can actually compeat for residency with who has the most attractive retirement plans. I ask you... what would be better? Your own account full of cash from compounded interest over decades amounting to millions? or a few hundred dollars a month until you die? The government has been ripping you off all your life.

It'll never happen. If the SS Fund was properly funded instead of raided we wouldn't have this problem.

Some idiot named Jimmy Carter decided education needed it's own Federal agency. Since then we have millions of dumber children and millions of lousey teachers after spending hundreds of billions of dollars more than before when we had smarter kids. This has not worked and should be reverted back to the states.

Since it spawned Common Core I agree. However, there does need to be a national standard. That said, common core isn't it.

Thank you for at least being honest and not spouting party lines. Unfortunately, none of that will happen with the current Congress.

I saw a meme on facebook today - if Congress has 10% support, then why was 90% of it re-elected? Best one I've seen yet.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bull of Doom22

Bull of Doom22

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,096 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:536800
  • Souls Baptized:265,936
  • Squadron:Delta

Harry Reid is somewhat of a hypocrite.  He should let one of those bills with ACA repealed come to the floor.  If the Senators like they will vote for it and it will pass, if not then it will not pass.  The constitutional exercise of rejecting/passing laws will be carried to its logical conclusion. However, I am disappinted in John Boehner.  The same thing should happen in the House of Representatives, the immigration bill should be bought to a vote.  If the bill passes or gets rejected, it will be because the constitutional exercise will be carried out.  The founding fathers did not imagine a bill not being put up to vote.  

So the advantage to not bringing up a bill cannot be overestimated. For the Republicans for example, with a crucial midterm, of course they won't bring up a bill that will loose them the Hispanic vote. Even if a Republican immigration bill passed the house, a Democratic Senate and President would shut that down quickly. Could you imagine the press in 2 years when these guys run for re-election? You'd get "[Insert Name] HATES Hispanics!" Same with voting against the ACA, despite its flaws.

Also, I don't think its fair for anyone to say what the founders did or didn't want, as they're dead.

They will put pressure on Obama to sign or veto bills that will make the Democratic party weak going into a presidential election with an open seat. That's what they'll do.

So my opinion on whether these will be changed or not. Now I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but I made green the options I think this Congress will change, and red the ones that will not change.

Corporate Tax: I made it green, but I doubt it will be entirely true. I would expect it to drop, but dropping it? These guys are running for re-election in 2 years, and I doubt that's what your average middle class American wants

Abolish IRS: Perhaps reform? Changes need to be made, but our tax collecting enemy will likely be around for a good bit longer

Marijuana: A Republican Congress? Really? Perhaps a Libertarian who believe small government (like yourself). But Republicans will keep this, yet not attempt to force the states to make it illegal, as that would be unpopular. The last time Republicans controlled the house it didn't last long, so they may want to take it easier this time around.

Marriage: Again, God-fearing Americans repealing marriage? This will pave the way for a legalized Gay Marriage, and I doubt the Republican elites (who happen to fund campaigns) will support this

Social Security: Although it may not be killed this congress, the leviathan will be on its way out soon my friend. 

That's what I'd be expecting

Peace, Land, and Bread

241,727 Men Have Given Their Life for the Cause of Revolution!

Your nation was attacked with a nuclear weapon!

11 Nukes Eaten for IRON (2 - STA; 3-Sparta; 4- M16; 6- ToP)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordEmperor

LordEmperor

The ex-Headmaster

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,386 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:256396
  • Souls Baptized:5,312,827

Drinking some beer to celebrate my 4 day weekend! Woohoo! Taking my Monday off from dreadful office.

Lysistrata...I agree to a lot of your views, but you really should tone it back some.  You come off quite aggressive, and your views are not the only ones that are allowed to be said.  You can debate/discuss a point without being so in your face because an individual has a different opinion then you.  I enjoy a good discussion from different views, but I can't stand when someone makes someone feel like their thoughts/opinion/views mean nothing because they're different then theirs.  These are why I hate to see topics like these even started, because it always becomes hostile instead of debating, instead of at the end of the day, we're all entitled to our own views and beliefs so leave it at that.  The mere fact you got "offended" over a post that you took different from your views and instantly went on the attack is why I dread seeing such topics, as it just ends up bad and people pissed off.

And tbh...I don't get why you got so offended.  LE's post is making a very realistic point.  You're making assumptions to what LE meant by his post, and no where did I read LE say that Republicans are not people, nor that Democrats can only do things "constructive."  The point made is probably a likely scenario.  You have Republicans going to push bills that favor Republican views/ideals and likely not look to work with Democrats because they have majority in both House and Senate, and you have a Democratic President who will likely not like the bills, and thus fight for his parties view.  You come off as if roles were reversed, a Republican President would not do the same, and the truth is, they would.  It's going to be a big tug of war match which will likely end up stalling most of everything, and it's not one side's fault or the other, it's both of their faults because neither want to actually work together to come up with a decent proposal that both sides can support, and that actually would help America.  The Republicans wont care about Democrats thoughts or views because they have majority in congress so they don't need to, and you got a President who is the last line of Defense for Democrats to not just let Republicans pass what they want.  So LE's point is likely spot on, nothing constructive is going to happen because both sides are going to have zero interest in the other's opinions, Republicans in Congress because they can now get what they want passed without Democrats, and a Democratic President who doesn't care what Republicans think, because he's the President and he has power that Republicans don't have in the oval office.  To go along at what you wanted to point out at LE, where you took his response that you think he meant only Democrats can be constructive...not only Republicans can be constructive to.

At the end of the day, I really think you took that post way to personal and I believe you took it in a lot different way then it was meant.  Though I can't speak for LE, I see nothing in that response that hinted at what you assumed LE meant, and a diss only to Republicans.  I think that comment was directed at both parties, that are not going to work with each other, and thus nothing constructive will get done because neither side is going to budge.  And even if it was, LE stated his opinion, just as you have, you should respect someone's right to their opinion, even if yours might be different

And finally....

I ask everyone to be respectful to everyone here.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you do not like it, and want to debate it, then do it in a respectful manner.  Present facts, present your thoughts on why you think differently if you do, but do not attack someone.  I like these topics because I think they're nice to see people's different views even if they differ from mine...but I will not let people get belittled or bullied, or this topic will be closed.  Topics on politics, religion, etc on forums like these turn usually turn out bad...so I hope it doesn't become that way.

Haha. I didn't know my one setence created some heat. Rhizo, you pretty much covered what I intended to deliver. :) I appreciate it.

Well okay... I have so many guns drawn at me right now, and I really hate writing long posts so I'll just wing it.

Rhizo Sir, I've been a creature of politics for a very long time and I know liberal speak when I hear it. It's the same snotty attitude from "progressive" University Professors that indoctrinate our children from their lofty, tax-payer funded, tenured, bastions of "I know better about the world and how you must live your life". They ingnore fly over country, and discount the worth of anyone with a southern accent as... some kind of intellectual defect. They call conservatives racist, flat earthers, and knuckle-draggers. So really my reply to LE was very kind, and would have come from a much darker part of me if I did not respect him so much.

We do hate socialists. We do hate communists. We also hate a monarchy. My English cousins in the UK know this first hand.

We're not embarrassed about it... and "general" does not mean "absolute".

I have never in all my life seen my country as divided as it is now. This is the product of Socialists in control of Congress and the Presidency for just two years. Can you imagine what it would be like if Republicans failed to take control of the House in 2010?

Lysistrata, I respect you and I also respect your devotion and love for the country and its politics. I think I just want to point out that there are people with different views and beliefs out there and you should at least respect them with similar tones. I think this is what makes the United States as a great nation. Not Republican party, not Democratic party or any other political party or its hardcore standards (not all politicians truly believe them, they seem to just abide by it). People abiding by each other's belief and respecting it, evolving it, and so on, is what makes this country great. Even our Constitution and laws protect us with something similar. Of course, our government hasn't been able to do that for a long time... i.e. each party trying to satisfy only their own, and so on... Anywhow, some voters spoke of their mind at this recent election. It truly is up to the voters to speak up and let the government know what they really want. Of course, the voters will have to continue to educate themselves... I think it is soemwhat happening and it probably will happen again in 2016. Okay... I might sound naive in the political spectrum of things, but this is how I see it. I am not offering resolutions, and moreover, I probably won't be able to anyway.

Now, I am not just talking about you and I here. I am grateful for the fact that you calmed your tone with me. I am sure no one would actually want to see your "much darker side." In my defense, my post didn't mean to offend anybody and it shouldn't have, unless someone made a judgmental call. I was just stating many facts/views condensed into two simple sentences. I don't get into politics much, much the less with online. May be I shouldn't have posted anything at all. But I usually come to the forum with some ease in my mind. Just to bluntly, but gently, share things I had in mind at that point. I certainly don't wish to turn our beloved forum into a series of court trials. I do enough of that during the day...

My apology, if I came offensive to your belief. Nonetheless, it is my view of the current status. I hope you will respect that. I don't know you in person, but I really do like what you have portrayed and reprensted amongst us. I will continue to do that. I only wrote this not as a defense, but as a courtesy to you and others. Frankly, I didn't have to reply and perhaps I shouldn't have. But as I respect you and the others, I figured I should write something here.

Sure it was... poor Obama and his uphill battles. The only uphill battle Obama has is which wedge will get him up on the green.

If it was George Bush and everything vice versa, then I still would have said the same thing. :) I don't take serious interest in politics, but I do act and do things as a citizen should. Just different scope of views on things. No clear right or wrong in most political issues, imo.

Anyway, thanks to Rhizo, Deputy A, and TK. ;)

Lastly, I know we are in a political thread, but I would like all of us to behave like gentlemen. ;) I think we mostly have anyway.

o/ IRON! o/ Weekend!

eadmaster of the Academy, Kilo CO, Echo CO/XO/MS, Recruiting Director, Deputy Postmaster General,
Presidium, Trading Post Director, Recruiter, Maintainer, Award Panel, Admission Staff, Student of the Month, and Diplomat
IRON Member of the Month for January 2013; Longest Serving Commanding Officer

In charge of; Great Chosun Empire
Infinite Glory and Honor of IRON beyond Mere Imagination

Pre-M.P. - 435,930 Attacking + 1,257,468 Defending = 1,693,398 Casualties (4.09%)
Post-M.P. - 1,455,463 Attacking + 2,734,186 Defending = 4,189,649 Casualties (6.74%)

Currently - 1,884,874 Attacking + 3,427,953 Defending = 5,312,827 Casualties (21.19%)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

LE... thank you Sir. I was afraid you just resorted to having friends protect you. I'm very happy that was not the case.

+1 respect for LordEmperor

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users