Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suicide...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Cadana

Cadana

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,210 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543690
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

Imagine, you get to know a woman. A woman who is all smile, with eyes sparkling. A woman who loves to dance, and does this at whatever occassion see can find, or create. A woman who is full of love, not the romantic or sexual kind of love, but the real -deep- love. A woman who gives this love to all who cross her path, and whose lives are more bright because of this.

Imagine knowing such a woman, the most cheerful and lively person in the world. Imagine working with a woman like that in an intense week, where the team really has to "connect".

Now imagine hearing this woman has walked out of her home, and walked into an icecold river, with only one objective: suicide.

She succeeds.

It is in days such as these, that nothing which occupies your mind, seems to have any importance left.

If SHE can somehow feel that this is the best solution...then how many others could be out there who need support...?

Makes you think...

Q&A

Is this true or did you make it up?

-> It is true

What is the background?

-> I met her when we did a week of volunteer work for those with less. We've kept in touch. As I understand it now, she's been plagued by "dark thoughts" for a while.

Posted Image
My own little linkdump, because they say links help with google:
Boekennieuws, recensies en meer | Backpacken in Australië | Compassion News Network

SQUAD: DELTA

Following some uncoordinated event, this is the official policy of Cadana Pajan. Our nation (or I) will not follow orders from anyone, unless:
1) it has been communicated clearly to me from "higher up the hierarchy" that this individual is indeed an official for IRON.
2) The orders are given, or can be verified, through the forums.

IRC accessible here: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.coldfront.net&channel=%23iron

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:544955
  • Souls Baptized:216,319

this is sad.  Did you make this up, or is it a true story?

"How can the sky be the limit when there are footprints on the moon?"
"Always listen to your heart. It's on your left side but will always be right."
"I used to wonder why you make me suffer, now I realize in the end it made me tougher."
"I plan to eat with the people I starved with."
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance who those of us who actually do."
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

Cadana

Cadana

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,210 posts
  • Resources:

It's true, alright...

Posted Image
Boekennieuws, recensies en meer | Backpacken in Australië | Compassion News Network

Following some uncoordinated event, this is the official policy of Cadana Pajan. Our nation (or I) will not follow orders from anyone, unless:
1) it has been communicated clearly to me from "higher up the hierarchy" that this individual is indeed an official for IRON.

IRC accessible here: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.coldfront.net&channel=%23iron

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308
  • Squadron:Kilo

Whats the back ground?  

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
I'm really sorry for your loss Cadana :(

Maybe with her kind behavior she was masking some deep personal problems that she never revealed to anyone. Unfortunately, friends often find this out when it's already too late

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:FS108

Reminds me sorta of my best friend when he was a live and my cousin my they rest in peace  

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534338
  • Souls Baptized:773,445
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Sad to hear about it. Unfortunately, suicide is usually a permanent solution to a temporary problem. When emotions get overwhelming and you don't want to burden anyone else with them, it can seem like there's no other answer. Often, just preventing the initial suicide attempt can give the person time to deal with those emotions. Sorry to hear you didn't get that chance. Not everyone does.

Hippie Warrior

tumblr_ltn48fQZK51qlktl7o1_500.gif

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308
 I met her when we did a week of volunteer work for those with less. We've kept in touch. As I understand it now, she's been plagued by "dark thoughts" for a while.

Sorry for you loss; I wasnt sure weather she was a significant other or just someone in the local area that you knew.  I did assume someone that you cared about.

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Cadana

Cadana

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,210 posts
  • Resources:

I met her when we did a week of volunteer work for those with less. We've kept in touch. As I understand it now, she's been plagued by "dark thoughts" for a while.

Sorry for you loss; I wasnt sure weather she was a significant other or just someone in the local area that you knew.  I did assume someone that you cared about.

We met not very often, but when we did, the conversations were deep and intense and the joy was bright and amazing. It makes me wonder; could I have seen it? Could I have done something? How many others are there who are in a similar situation that I am unaware of...

survivor guilt is kicking in heavily...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

This is sad, period. But don't beat yourself up over it. It's not your fault, or was it your responsibility.

I have had friends commit suicide for different reasons, but in all cases it's about them and something they could not deal with.

Suicide is the most selfish act anyone can do, and the last act they will be remembered for. I hope the best for you, always.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I hope you come through this ok...it is always very difficult to know what someone is thinking and it is always hard to know if you could have done more. I doubt you could have to be honest, as suicide and mental illness are very complicated things and it is very hard to notice when you meet someone only every now and then. 

People hide things. Our society is very judgmental and that causes people to hide illness they should not. Depression is also rarely constant and steady. It goes up and down, and someone can be happy one day and crushed by despair the next. People slip in and out and if you meet them only when they are happy you will never know what is wrong. 

I've been through the rough ride with mental illness of friends and relations over the years and you will always wonder if you could have done more, or if it was partly your fault, or what you can do differently. But if there is one thing I have learned it is that beating yourself up for it is selfish as it make it harder to continue helping where it is needed, and you need to get on and give the support to the person or persons you need to support. 

Another thing to remember is that although she did not make the decision, her illness made it for her. It was not made by an outside person, and you certainly did not make it or cause it. 

I know nothing I can write here will really have helped much. If you need a sympathetic ear then my inbox is open. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
I'm sorry I don't have more time to respond fully, if you are experiencing survivor guilt and are finding it hard to deal with, I highly recommend seeking professional assistance before it eats you.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jiang Zhijian

Jiang Zhijian

Quenched

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 360 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:565719
  • Souls Baptized:9,950

Sometimes, someone hides his/fer true feelings by showing the otherwise to others around him/her.

These kind of person needs to feel that he/she is loved by his/her closest person for everything he/she has.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TheWanderer

TheWanderer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,136 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540466
  • Souls Baptized:1,106,444

Sorry to hear this, Cadana.

In these situations it's never anyone else's fault. Mental illness is a dark, complex and lonely experience.

The fact that you have glowing memories of her speaks volumes, and is the best tribute you could give.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Cadana

Cadana

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,210 posts
  • Resources:

Sometimes, someone hides his/fer true feelings by showing the otherwise to others around him/her.

These kind of person needs to feel that he/she is loved by his/her closest person for everything he/she has.

Despite the strong christian religious background of the video, I just cried my eyes out (again).

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users