Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Fans?!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:550261
  • Squadron:Delta
Curious to see if there is anybody into anime/manga. I have watched a few of em and enjoyed em. They are definitely not kid cartoon shows lol
~IRON is in my bloodline~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255
Animes generally have great storylines. I don't like animes which are into fanservice (looking at you, Fairy tail), though I may tolerate them if they have a really really good plot.

I got into anime after watching Naruto. I loved the series and eventually watched Shippuden. Even though it pretty much turned to shit after the Pain arc, it's still on my top ten list purely because of the awesome characters and poignant and emotional backstories.

Since then, I have watched plenty of Anime like Code Geass, Death Note, Darker than Black, Durara, Angel Beats, Clannad, Anohana, FMA, etc. My favourite is probably Anohana, through Clannad and Angel Beats come a close second/third :P

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
  • Squadron:Kilo
I like anime as also.

My favorites are sword art online and freezing(needs less fan service).

I just got done watching fate. Was OK. Didn't like the ending. Yuni yuka I literally got mad at the anime. (Don't watch yuni yuka). Inuasa I like. Ghost in the shell is good. I still have a list to go through.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Which Fate? Fate/Zero or Fate: Stay Night?

I hate long animes with hundreds of episodes. They always delve into meaningless side stories and never get to the point. I always lose interest in them pretty easily. Like Naruto. Naruto is dumb.

I like shows like Samurai Champloo, The Blood series (Haven't seen Blood C yet), Cowboy Bebop, Wolfs Rain, etc. Knights of Sidonia is pretty interesting so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255
Tbh I feel that Naruto's side stories and level of detail and complexity in all characters are what make it good. It's quite boring if you just look at the main plot.

Samurai champloo and Wolf's rain were awesome! Samurai champloo's osts are among my all time favorite.s :D

Haven't watched any of the fate yet. How is it?

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

It's alright. Fate/Zero was better than Fate: Stay Night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
If you like samurai champloo, check out cowboy bebop as well. They were directed by the same guy.

Another one that is popular is FLCL. That's one that you either hate it or love it. I hated it, but have heard enough people rave about it that I mention it whenever someone talks about anime.

Blood series? Was Blood+ a part of that?

If you're into the mecha animes, there's always the mobile suit gundam series.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I watched night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

If you like samurai champloo, check out cowboy bebop as well. They were directed by the same guy.

Another one that is popular is FLCL. That's one that you either hate it or love it. I hated it, but have heard enough people rave about it that I mention it whenever someone talks about anime.

FLCL is AMAZING! Now at first it made no sense to me. It's a pretty wacky, random anime with a lot of really weird shit. It can be hard to follow, but if you can manage to follow the story line, it's great. It's the story of a boy coming of age and the stresses of growing up. Despite how bizarre and wacky it is, it's underlying tones create a very realistic story.  

Blood+ is the sequel anime series to the movie "Blood: The Last Vampire". Which tells part of Sayas story during her time in the Vietnam war IIRC. 

Gundam was the best and Gundam Wing was pretty good, but after that, the Gundam series just went to crap. There are better mecha anime out there though. Like Knights of Sidonia, Code Geass or Lagrange. 

Cowboy Bebop and Champloo are two of my all time favorites.

I watched night.

Watch Fate/Zero. It's the prequel and follows the previous generation of the two main characters. Their "parents", basically (along with others). I think it was better that FSN.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:549382
  • Souls Baptized:0

Ah yes, anime fans! I started my anime love by watching Samurai Champloo and then it was a no-brainer that i'd be hooked. My favorites are Samurai Champloo, FMA (first one), Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin and Durarara. I've been trying to watch Jigoku Shouju (Hell Girl) but can't seem to get interested enough in it.

Also watching One-Punch Man which is hilarious!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:550261
  • Squadron:Delta
I started with Dragonball Z. Then from there Yu Yu Hakusho, Inyuasha, Bleach, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the shell, Fate/Zero, Code Geass, Queens Blade *blushes*, Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, etc. Lol but yeah I like filler art and the storyline.
~IRON is in my bloodline~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588461
  • Souls Baptized:37,053
Too be 100℅ honest I find most anime utterly dull and...repetitive. I do have some can actually stand. Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Beebop, Outlaw Star. Recently I got into One-Punch Man. Probably the best one out there in my opinion. Not really into the female characters most anime give out, the character archetypes they give them leave me disappointed. Then again I anmmore into shows for the story than anything. If the story is weak, I don't watch. "Fan service" I think it is called actually turns me off, I watch shows for entertainment, if I wanted that I have other sites to visit.
8 nukes eaten for IRON. ZI'd against Rileyaddaff for IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eva999

Eva999

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 483 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:176412
  • Souls Baptized:3,064,366

Watched One Punch Man and Erased recently, and really enjoyed both.  Watching my way through Iron Blooded Orphans right now and loving it.

Watched Fate/Stay night: UBW and Fate/Zero recently too, agree that Zero was better.

Edited by Eva999, 08 April 2016 - 04:48 AM.

XnYEu.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough

FLCL is AMAZING! Now at first it made no sense to me. It's a pretty wacky, random anime with a lot of really weird shit. It can be hard to follow, but if you can manage to follow the story line, it's great. It's the story of a boy coming of age and the stresses of growing up. Despite how bizarre and wacky it is, it's underlying tones create a very realistic story.

Thanks for illustrating my point. Either love it or hate it, there seems to be no in between.

Blood+ is the sequel anime series to the movie "Blood: The Last Vampire". Which tells part of Sayas story during her time in the Vietnam war IIRC.

I'll have to look back at this, I want to say I watched Blood+, but not Last Vampire, however, I remember watching something with regards to Vietnam, so maybe I have and just don't remember the name.

Gundam was the best and Gundam Wing was pretty good, but after that, the Gundam series just went to crap. There are better mecha anime out there though. Like Knights of Sidonia, Code Geass or Lagrange. 

Cowboy Bebop and Champloo are two of my all time favorites.

What about Gundam 00? I haven't watched all of the Gundam series, but, for the most part, what I've watched I've really enjoyed. The SDF series completely sucks.

Code Geass is great, Knights of Sidonia is on my Netflix queue, and haven't heard of Lagrange before.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Watched Fate/Stay night: UBW and Fate/Zero recently too, agree that Zero was better.

I've never watched the anime but I've played the vn :V

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

I am confident that most sane people have to watch FLCL all the way through at least 3 times to enjoy it.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

What about Gundam 00? I haven't watched all of the Gundam series, but, for the most part, what I've watched I've really enjoyed.

I really really liked Gundam 00. I watched it twice, a first time ever that I rewatched something. The story is good, the character building is great and the action is what really stood out to me. If you liked Gundam Wing, you're going to love Gundam 00, because they hinge on the same concepts and ideas 

I enjoyed both Gundam try and build fighter and I just finished Gundam IBO, which is a bit slower paced, but it just finished, so you can watch everything in 1 go now

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

For a person who hasn't watched any gundam series, which one should I watch first?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

For a person who hasn't watched any gundam series, which one should I watch first?

Gundam Wing probably. Unicorn isn't bad, and some people swear by seed. But everyone I know who likes Gundam loves wing.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

I think either one is good. There is something called the Universal Century timeline in Gundam, which connects other Gundam series together like I think Zeta and 0079 and a few others. I didn't really follow those, because I don't want to be bothered watching all of it to understand everything. Gundam Wing, Gundam 00 and most recently Gundam IBO are all standalone series. Wing is the oldest one, which is great for nostalgia reasons, but from a very objective standpoint you can tell that is pretty old (graphics and the way of writing), but ultimately I would start at Wing. If you liked that, you're going to love 00. If you like more a slower paced series, IBO is your best bet

Also I really tried Unicorn, but for some reason I just couldn't follow it. I watched like 1,5 episode, but nothing made sense to me so I stopped

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users