Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does anyone play Ingress?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

Just hack them each day for a couple days and keep an eye on them. Resonators slowly lose charge each day. If they ever get low enough that you think you can do some damage to them, attack them then. 

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

I feel all alone on the green side :P somebody join us Enlightened! :ph34r: We have the Ninja and crowns :ph34r: :king: :smug:

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

If it's green, then you are looking at a friendly base and should do nothing :smug:

:D

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Are you an Ingress player, Theo?

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

I am indeed :)

I play for the loyal opposition (Enlightened) :D

mJnoONX.png

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

BOO!

How long have you been playing?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Theo is my only friend :D :ph34r:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

About 3-4 weeks only. Purely by 'accident' - someone from my staff suggested it as a team building exercise. After that it stuck with me.

mJnoONX.png

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

About 3-4 weeks only. Purely by 'accident' - someone from my staff suggested it as a team building exercise. After that it stuck with me.

Nice. That's about how long I've been playing as well. What level are you?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Most likely lower than you, Lv 5. If and when I have more time I'll try to fix that :D

mJnoONX.png

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I just hit level 6 yesterday so it doesn't sound like you're too far behind.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Nice!

mJnoONX.png

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Spaztik Muffin

Spaztik Muffin

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 408 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346142
  • Souls Baptized:2,772,358
Whats the actual goal? I get the principle but there doesnt seem to be much point
Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Well I have heard that the game's story opens up more when you hit level 8, but that's all I've heard.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the "point" is other than getting out in the world and traveling to see cool things (all while playing a game).

Also, world domination.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

It does open up a lot around lvl 8... But on the down side at level 8 you don't level up anymore by just collecting AP... You have to actually unlock those evil achievements :ph34r:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

So how does the game open up at level 8?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Now if I told you all the details what fun would leveling up be? ;)

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I do have some media that I hacked. I haven't bothered to do anything with it though because I didn't think it served a purpose. I guess I'll have to watch it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

I watch it then either drop it or burn it to make XM when there's none around... Other than entertainment they serve little purpose

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Ahh, it's always fun to plan a nice little town excursion and finish with a bright field of green... Many, many layers over ;)

Think our overall gain from it was nearly 2k MUs

Now the sad part is in 3 days when it's getting demolished... So many resonators and shields will die :(

By the way as another tip I haven't yet seen... If attacking a portal with either Ultra Strike or XMP, if you hold the fire button you'll see an energy ring close in on your location... If you release the button while that ring is super close to you it will increase the damage/range of your attack, all the way up to 20%. This is a major advantage when attacking higher level portals, since we can easily burn XMPs galore on a shielded lvl 6 or 7 portal.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users