Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does anyone play Ingress?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo
Any Ingress players around here? If so, what faction are you in and what level are you?
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Ingress? What is that and is it good?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I considered playing it... looks like they're going to minimise what's open to you if you don't buy their funky phone accessory once they've built it...

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Ingress? What is that and is it good?

Ingress is an augmented reality game on your phone. It uses GPS technology and places "portals" all over the world at various statues, monuments, artwork, landmarks, parks, and various buildings that you can capture. There are two main factions that compete for control of all of these portals. You can also do various missions and things in places like parks.

The game was developed by a company called Niantic. Their stated goal is to get people out in the world to explore and see things that they might not normally see otherwise if it wasn't for the game. There are giant events held in various places around the world where players come together to network and do missions. There are more than 5 million active players worldwide.

I considered playing it... looks like they're going to minimise what's open to you if you don't buy their funky phone accessory once they've built it...

Phone accessory? Are you thinking of the right game?
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek
I used to, but I don't feel like walking.
around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I do a lot of driving while playing. I have a bad habit of hacking portals while driving by.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
Link? Or just search the Google Play Store?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

Haha Warrior very nice... Drive-by hacks always fun... Regardless, I'm Enlightened faction. Yourself?

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
Tell me about the factions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Link? Or just search the Google Play Store?

Just search for Ingress in the App Store.

Haha Warrior very nice... Drive-by hacks always fun... Regardless, I'm Enlightened faction. Yourself?

Yeah it's a bad habit. I am a member of the Resistance. What level are you?

Tell me about the factions?

There are two factions in the game: The Enlightened and The Resistance.

The premise of the game is that an "other-worldly" energy called Exotic Matter is seeping into our world through the portals and the two factions are competing to control the portals. The Enlighted wants to harness the energy and use it to enslave humanity. The Resistance is trying to control the portals to defend humanity.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

i downloaded it to try it out. I went for Resistance cause enlightened sounds like dicks...lol. Looking around my area, I got my work cut out for me. Its too late at night for me to start trying to hack, but I have tomorrow off. I can probally hit all the sites it mentioning within an hour on foot. But I don't see any blue ones, so If i enjoy it, I'm going to have my work cut out for me. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

i downloaded it to try it out. I went for Resistance cause enlightened sounds like dicks...lol. Looking around my area, I got my work cut out for me. Its too late at night for me to start trying to hack, but I have tomorrow off. I can probally hit all the sites it mentioning within an hour on foot. But I don't see any blue ones, so If i enjoy it, I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

Aww thanks lol

Yeah it's a bad habit. I am a member of the Resistance. What level are you?

Not entirely sure... I'll check in a little bit when I next get the passing moment (yes sometimes I get lazy like that). Probably around level 6, 7, or 8.

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I just started playing 3 weeks ago but I'm already almost level 6.

@Robert - it takes a little bit of getting used to but once you learn how to do things in game it can be addicting. If you have any questions, ask away! I suggest doing the training so that you learn a little bit about the game. Open the menu by clicking on your logo in the top left corner and scroll over to training.

Here's a few other tips:
-Any time you are within range of a portal you can hack it. Hacking a portal gives you items that you can use. You can hack the same portal multiple times each day but there is a 5 minute cool down between hacks of the same portal. So if you hack a portal you can come back and hack it again 5 minutes later if you want.
-To hack a portal click on the portal itself. A menu will pop up. The top option on the right of the menu says "Hack Portal". There are two ways to hack a portal:
1) Just tapping on the "Hack Portal" button does a quick hack and you don't have to do anything else.
2) Pressing and holding the "Hack Portal" button opens up a more interactive glyph hacking screen. A shape or several shapes will be drawn on the nodes of the glyph hacking screen and you need to match them. If you correctly match any of the shapes you will earn the normal hacking items and several bonus items. If you have a second where you can stop at a portal, doing the glyph hacking is more beneficial.
-A blue portal is owned by the Resistance. A green portal is owned by the Enlightened. A white/grey portal is unowned. You can hack any color portal when in range. It doesn't matter if the resistance owns it or not.
-You can "Deploy Resonators" on an unowned portal to capture it and take ownership of it.
-You can place up to 8 resonators on a portal.
-With 8 resonators on one of your portals you can link the portal to another one in its range to earn extra points.
-If you come across another Resistance portal that has fewer than 8 resonators on it, you can deploy resonators on it as well.
-You can attack Enlightened portals by getting in range, pressing and holding down on the portal until a few options pop up on the screen and clicking "Fire XMP". XMP Bursters are weapons that can destroy enemy resonators and neutralize enemy portals.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Also if you get something called a Jarvis Virus, go to the highest level Resistance portal in your area and use it on it ;). Works miracles!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I have a Jarvis Virus and an ADA Refractor. :smug:

Robert : Don't actually use a Jarvis Virus on a Resistance portal. It reverses the portal alignment and makes it Enlightened.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

I have a Jarvis Virus and an ADA Refractor. Robert : Don't actually use a Jarvis Virus on a Resistance portal. It reversed the portal alignment and makes it Enlightened.

It does no such black magic! Maybe... :ph34r:

And I have 7 ADA, 3 Jarvis. But I also have them stored in an MUFG soooooooo B)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
Seems there is an enemy field near by me. Ideas?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
What level are the resonators and do they have any mods (shields, turrets) on the portal?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

If it's green, then you are looking at a friendly base and should do nothing :smug:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

What level are the resonators and do they have any mods (shields, turrets) on the portal?

Everything in my area is lvl 7 and 8's. idk about mods and shieds, but I decided to follow one, and then there was like 5 portals right next to each other. I think I found a strong hold. All green. I decided to hack them and then I needed to head home. it isn't ideally close, but close enough that I could go there again anytime. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users