Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You may not know this song/band/artist, but you should. Expand our musical horizons.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

I keep forgetting how cheesy the late 80s early 90s alt-rock scene got at times. It's good, but jfc it really puts in hindsight all the people bemoaning the existence of the spice girls and what not. Del Amitri gets a pass cause at least they got their early, but if we'd gotten another decade of "Man singing way to earnestly over a distorted guitar" *shudder* 

Speaking of Del Amitri, "Nothing Ever Happens" came up on an oldies station kinda recently and...no. I just refuse to accept that. 1990 was 10 years ago damn it. 

Have some motel lullaby, because it's quiet, lovely and sharing it with someone else made them spend 20 minutes hunting the internet for a physical copy of the album. 

Also hey, lurkers. It can't just be me and Lys posting back and forth. Get in here and tell us what we should be listening to.

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Have some motel lullaby

I really like that. I'll share another old favorite... I was in Southern California, and wore this record out during the summer of 1990.

It's the B-52's if you can believe it :)

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Oh yea no I wasn't kidding when I said linking the song send someone out to buy the album. Like literally, 15 minutes later, dude headed out the door to see if he could order the album in. 

So B-52s. I entirely forget how it happened or why, or if there even was a why, but at one point Love Shack was something of an unofficial theme song for the alliance or some like that. Lulz were had. I think we may have got BnT to sing a drunken rendition of it?. I swear there was a recording of something like that kicking around somewhere?

*brandishes cattleprod at lurkers*

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

Wow! Shirley Manson!.. singing a Bruce Springsteen song. In the 90's my eldest daughter had a couple favorites. Garbage and No Doubt... when she was listening to Shirley, I was listening to Justin Currie and Del Amitri. Great memories.

I’ve always liked del Amitri.

Here’s an old Nine Inch Nails song, that isn’t loud and is very touching and powerful. The Good Soldier is very under played, despite being generally considered a great song by fans and critics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3VFqPEJTk&feature=youtu.be

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Here’s an old Nine Inch Nails song

You don't have to sell me on NIN... I prefer more melodic material, but Trent Reznor is pretty much legendary.

This is a little song, one of hundreds from my most favorite singer/song writer/musician, of all time. Todd Rundgren

This is one song of many he did with his band, Utopia. Too many really great songs to post, so it's a taste :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
but at one point Love Shack was something of an unofficial theme song for the alliance or some like that. Lulz were had.

Tin Roof... Rusted! :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

And now for something completely different: Take a minute to try and guess what the next words i'm going to type are.

ready?

Hurdy Gurdy Cover of Gary Moore's Over The Hills and Far Away

Yea, not sure what it was you were expecting, but yea.I had something else to share, but I didn't expect this any more than you really. 

It's uh, actually pretty good. She's got a solid set of pipes on her. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The late great Gary Moore... I do miss him. Phil Lynott as well. We have lost so much talent.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
Sad, but talent isn't a limited resources. there's always more if you go looking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwGQXJqu5s#

Have what I was originally gonna post. You may not have heard of it, but I'd take odds that you *have* heard it, since it's the anthem of life ok at how sophisticated we are for commercials.
Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Thanks for the Galt! I have all the music from Hair, but I was too young in '69 to see the actual play... add it to the bucket list.

I always believed Eric Martin would be a big star, but he never achieved the "household name" I thought he would. I saw him many times in small venues in the '80's, then he joined Mr. Big, and it was never the same. I thought he deserved better.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Random has been ignoring this thread... so it's time I post something this time.

I was watching The Five on Fox News, and the commercial break songs are chosen by the host that will introduce the next block. Low and behold, Kennedy was the host to introduce the next block and this blurb of a song came on and I was just instantly interested. It was the song chorus, and it sounded exactly like John Waite. I'm a huge John Waite fan and I never heard this song before.

So I typed the lyrics into Bing... and boom... there it was. It's not John Waite... it's Ed Sheeran... amazing song.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

Marina and the Diamonds. Her real name is Marina Diamandis. I really like her voice and the effects they put in :D

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users