Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do y'all feel about this type of stuff? (Honestly)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you take offense? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you take offense if a man assumes you are a man because you 'look', 'talk', 'walk', 'dress', etc as a man

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (31 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

Would you be offended if you were a female, but appeared as a 'man' and people assumed you were?

There's been a few recent toilet videos like this, what are your opinions on it all?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook

It honestly wouldn't bother me, I guess this is because I identify and look like a guy. I don't think this is an issue for people who identify as their own gender, however, if someone were to assume I was a woman it would bother me.

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

As a man it wouldn't offend me if someone mistook me for a woman. I don't know how they would... it would be hilarious. But I wouldn't be offended.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

It really depends. If someone dress and use hair styles that don't follow typical sex standards it's quite possible to make a mistake when you don't see his/her face. And here also comes interracial factor (which is "all Chinese look the same" or "all whites look the same").

As a man it wouldn't offend me if someone mistook me for a woman. I don't know how they would... it would be hilarious. But I wouldn't be offended.

I'd like to see your reaction when someone says he though you're girl because you talk like one :lol:

Also this :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
I'd be fine (albeit surprised) if someone casually mistook me. I'd be really pissed if I clarified my gender and was not believed or was dragged out a bathroom.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I think I'd just laugh. As a male with a full beard, I'd think the person would have to be a special kinda stupid.

But seriously, I don't think I'd be offended, more caught off guard.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Discord ID:Black Rook

Maybe offended is the wrong word. I'd just be really really confused :P

-----

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kryievla

Kryievla

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 68 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050702

Maybe I'd be more offended if I actually looked like a dude.  As is I'd just think they're half-blind. 

If I appeared manly, people regularly commented on it, and these comments bothered me, I would work at changing my appearance.  Clothes, hair, make-up, all of that could surely help. 

Wow, the man in that video was rude.  She was 'dressed like a man'?  Huh.  I wonder if this outrage would have been present five years ago.  Would he have even looked twice, do you think?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

Maybe I'd be more offended if I actually looked like a dude.  As is I'd just think they're half-blind. 

If I appeared manly, people regularly commented on it, and these comments bothered me, I would work at changing my appearance.  Clothes, hair, make-up, all of that could surely help. 

Wow, the man in that video was rude.  She was 'dressed like a man'?  Huh.  I wonder if this outrage would have been present five years ago.  Would he have even looked twice, do you think?

Very good points.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

on the flip side of it, what would you do if you believe you saw a male going into a female toilet?

you would react the same way a little, no?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kryievla

Kryievla

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 68 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050702

on the flip side of it, what would you do if you believe you saw a male going into a female toilet?

you would react the same way a little, no?

I've seen that once, in Vegas.  There was a man, wearing make-up and a dress, crying over the sink.  He had mascara running everywhere.  My daughter was with me; she asked if he was okay.  He just said something like, 'Thanks sweetie, I'm fine'.  End of story.

I wasn't scared, that never even entered my head. Nor did I think to ask him to leave, or ask him why he's there.  He was wearing a dress, clearly he felt he belonged there, and he wasn't hurting anybody.  If anything, he was the one who was hurting. 

If they're just using the bathroom, what's it to me?

A different scenario, one that would probably scare me: If a guy looked manly and threatening, and followed me into the bathroom.  That hasn't happened, though I imagine if it did, I would just wait til he left.  Or use the now-empty men's room; if he follows me back out, his intentions are clear.  Or talk to an employee, see if they have a janitor or something to go in with me.  Or stay on the phone while I'm in there (haha weird, but you know, better than killed in a bathroom!)    What I wouldn't do, is confront the person, like that man did.  That would be putting my safety at additional risk, for no real gain.  At best, he leaves and... I still go to the bathroom, except now maybe scared of an ambush.  At worst, ew, I'm about as threatening as a dishrag, & just as likely to get wiped.  

I've been followed nearly home from a *grocery store*.  It started with a man behind me, whispering and mumbling, while I was shopping.  After I left the store, I could hear him behind me still.  I saw some cops in the parking lot.  We had a brief conversation, in which they told me they couldn't do much, but they could detain him for a few.  They also advised me to hurry home, and to not be out at night in that part of town.  They did stop him, I could hear it happening even if I couldn't make out what was going on (being that I took full advantage of the opportunity these nice officers gave me, I owe them thanks for all time, and expressed it by not being a body they had to pick up in the morning ie I started running for my life).   I could hear his footsteps behind me, not too long after, and I can't tell how close he got before I got to my door, because to look over my shoulder meant slowing down, and that meant getting caught.  I think of that, I think of a lot of things I have experienced or witnessed, and the bathroom bit seems like such a petty concern.  I've been in more danger walking a couple blocks home from the grocery than I have being in the bathroom with a man in a dress. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Nope. I used to make myself androgynous just to confuse people when I was younger. :V 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

In the USA we have this retarded tradition of having slits in the stalls so you can see people inside while they are relieving themselves. If we could fix that, then I don't care who goes in them. Hell lets take out the dividing wall and make more stalls.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sqrdsqr

Sqrdsqr

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 70 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:594241
  • Discord ID:SqrdSqr

In the USA we have this retarded tradition of having slits in the stalls so you can see people inside while they are relieving themselves. If we could fix that, then I don't care who goes in them. Hell lets take out the dividing wall and make more stalls.

I fully agree, except for the urinals. Not that I couldn't just sit down bit I think some people wouldn't like that as much.

I'm not the manliest person in the world but I wouldn't be offended if they thought I was a girl at first glance as long as they figured out they were wrong real quick.

roielle 20

roielle 20

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 29 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:594245
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Discord ID:roielle 20

In my opinion If people assumed I were a guy, even though I knew it myself that I looked like one,,I will still be offended.

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:608841
  • Souls Baptized:2922
As long as they don't use the urinal, which may be ''distracting'', I don't mind who goes into the mens room. Might get a funny look tho...
Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

New Nation: NADC, GPA Conflicts, 1 nuke, 10 wars
Old Nation: PSW Veteran, 5 nukes

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

In my opinion If people assumed I were a guy, even though I knew it myself that I looked like one,,I will still be offended.

why?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

haha have you seen my pic its never going to happen lol

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
I don't think anyone would assume I'm a girl, I have a goatee...

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eva999

Eva999

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 483 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:176412
  • Souls Baptized:3,064,366

I think I'd just laugh. As a male with a full beard, I'd think the person would have to be a special kinda stupid.

But seriously, I don't think I'd be offended, more caught off guard.

Same here, I've had people mistake me for gay though in highschool since I was in color guard for part of the year and it didn't bother me at all. It was a pretty safe assumption since like, every other guy that was was super gay.

XnYEu.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users