Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marvel Comic Series?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Hey IRON!

So, I've always loved Marvel comics. I like DC, but Marvel has always been my favorite. 

I was wondering if we had any other comic readers in IRON? Marvel or DC.

I also wanted to propose the idea of myself or a mixture of people posting actual comic series. For example, maybe the Silver Surfer issues or something fun like Deadpool vs Thanos to allow anyone in IRON to read them. I figure the best way to do this is posting photos of the actual comic pages in threads. The point seems useless though if no one would read them. Anyone interested in this idea?

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

I used to read Batman as well as X men comics as those were my 2 favorite ones. The Batman series I enjoyed the most was Batman Beyond. I was a kid when it first aired on TV and I had a comic book adaption of the first 2 episodes, no idea where that comic ended up over the years.

Most comics can usually be found online for free as .cbr or .cbz files. So if you wanted to post a comic it would probably be easier to upload it to google drive or dropbox, and then drop a link here.

I personally have a huge Star Wars, Marvel, DC, + other random obscure comics collection going. I have come to the realization I will never have time to read even 1/2 of them in my lifetime. But I would be willing to offer parts of my collection to anyone interested.

The only problem that might come out of this is copyright infringement. I really could care less regarding P2P or other forms of file sharing, but the last thing we want is for IRON to receive a DMCA Takedown Notice because some white knight has nothing better to do. After all, some of our forum sections are open for public viewing. And I do believe this forum section is one of them.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I mainly don't read much of comics as I was very poor growing up. But nevertheless I loved comic book characters from both DC and marvel. My favorites till this day are still Captain America, Iron Man, Batman, and the teen Titans we a favorite of mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Posting them here wouldn't be a good idea since they go after that stuff with vigor and many lawyers. With that said I have always wanted to get into comics but they are far too expensive for the time I would be able to enjoy them. I normally speed read and devour media at an alarming rate.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
I think if we want to share something it would have to be through PM. People could get added to Google Drive or Dropbox. That way IRON isn't hosting any content and wont be breaking any laws.

Come to think of it, what country is our site based in and where is the domain registered?

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I think if we want to share something it would have to be through PM. People could get added to Google Drive or Dropbox. That way IRON isn't hosting any content and wont be breaking any laws.

Come to think of it, what country is our site based in and where is the domain registered?

I see your point to Copyright infringement. Didn't think of that.

Would linking to a 3rd party website where I could possibly find them leave IRON at fault for hosting a link but not the content? (the Internet has everything, so I'm sure I could find this.) 

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
That is where it gets really confusing from a legal aspect. Take Pirate Bay or any other torrent website. The sites themselves don't host any content, so clicking download, only gives you a link for your torrent client to find it in the swarm. So technically the torrent sites haven't committed a crime because they aren't hosting any actual content. But that doesn't stop groups from going after them, arresting the owners, and dragging them through court. Even if you are found not guilty it is still a massive amount of money you will need to contribute to your defense lawyer(s).

If we really want to share anything, I would only do it like this. Have someone PM you their email, you then email a link from Google Drove or Dropbox. IRON wouldn't be liable and you can do as you please.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users