Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVE Online F2P

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo

Get your computers ready fellow nerds. Download and patch. You won't be able to play it right away but it is soontm

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

What's the internet speed required?

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

You won't need anything super fast but I wouldn't recommend anything below 10Mbps

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

What have they stripped from it? Or are they going on the basis of reduced XP gain for the free players?

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

The shared universe meant that Eve didn’t feel like it was safe to offer the same sort of accounts that other free-to-play games provide, since the in-game economy could be wrecked if the balance was wrong.

Instead, unlike many free-to-play games, the full scope of Eve’s universe is open to every player, paying or not. An Alpha Clone can go anywhere in the world, join any group, and achieve any objective. Instead, the limitations are focused on speed and efficiency: the clones take longer to learn skills, and don’t have access to some of the higher-powered ships in the game.

“Access to trading, industry, and exploration skills will allow Alpha pilots to explore the vast, mysterious universe, harvest its raw materials, fulfil their shrewd economic dreams, and construct the war machines that make Eve battles famous,” CCP says.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/15/eve-online-goes-free-to-play

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek

What have they stripped from it? Or are they going on the basis of reduced XP gain for the free players?

you can only use light scout drones, 'tier 1' ships (venture, firgates (no destroyers) and and the first industry ships) and more than half of the skill tree is blocked off.
around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

you can only use light scout drones, 'tier 1' ships (venture, firgates (no destroyers) and and the first industry ships) and more than half of the skill tree is blocked off.

Um no completely wrong. Probably should double check before saying that. You can fly 8 frigates, 2 destroyers, 6 cruisers. They are limited to your starting race. Gallente and Caldari are the current best. Caldari is shields and gallente are armor. Mining wise yes the venture is the only thing you can fly to mine, for now. With that said you can still make a lot of money mining in a venture.  Course you could also cruiser mine but the venture is good at what it does. You are correct about the drones though which is sad but whatever, subscription players should have a couple advantages anyway. 

The skillpoint gain is much less.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is also one battlecruiser called the Gnosis that anyone can fly and then there will be another destroyer similar to that coming out soon.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
And so you know, these ships are sufficient for you to fly in all of the newbie friendly alliances and their fleets.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

And so you know, these ships are sufficient for you to fly in all of the newbie friendly alliances and their fleets.

Horde uses caracals a lot still right? I know test does and brave newbies used to.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Cool to hear about Eve doing this to allow new players the chance to try out the game. I think before you could only play for free for like 14 days, or something like that.

I unfortunately never had the time to play Eve competitively and it seemed a little boring to me when I first tried it out. I think the most entertaining aspect for me, was reading about the factions over the years breaking records, in regards for having massive ship battles going on for days.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

You should check it out.

Anyone starting with this give me your in-game name and starting race. i will give you each 5 frigates if you promise to go get them blown up in glorious pvp.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:

Um no completely wrong. Probably should double check before saying that. You can fly 8 frigates, 2 destroyers, 6 cruisers. They are limited to your starting race. Gallente and Caldari are the current best. Caldari is shields and gallente are armor. Mining wise yes the venture is the only thing you can fly to mine, for now. With that said you can still make a lot of money mining in a venture.  Course you could also cruiser mine but the venture is good at what it does. You are correct about the drones though which is sad but whatever, subscription players should have a couple advantages anyway. 

The skillpoint gain is much less.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is also one battlecruiser called the Gnosis that anyone can fly and then there will be another destroyer similar to that coming out soon.
sorry, thought the omega symbol cut off the destroyers except the variants c:
around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

no worries, and it came to my attention that medium drones can be used by alphas. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:

no worries, and it came to my attention that medium drones can be used by alphas. 

they can? The medium drones are all locked for me.
around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

Might be skill locked, but they are not marked Omega.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

Here is a site that Learz over at Invicta showed me that is designed for alpha clones just starting out

https://www.thealphasguide.com/start/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users