Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trump - Picks, Promises, and Re-Election

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Not for his actions, he is using them as an excuse to DO actions. excuse pre-action instead of excuse post-action.

and I think we are now fighting over grammar, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

Honestly, I think he is doing both :P

Meh grammar XD

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
You know, I always admired Roosevelt for saying "the buck stops hear." There is no accountability in the White House anymore, not since Trump took office. I find it appalling that he just cannot act in the best interest of the country because a large segment of his core supporters are white supremacists and he doesn't want to alienate them. Now the KKK can say he supports them, but got bullied by a bunch of liberal, immigrant snowflakes into condemning hate. I am literally nauseated by my president.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo

I would have been happier had he stuck to his first statement. Going back and forth and onward to victim blaming is a disgrace.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

No offense Sister, but it was Harry Truman that said "The buck stops here".

I find it a little funny that all these Democrats are climbing over themselves to tear down memorials to some of the most famous Democrats in US history. As much as I hate racists, it's still not illegal to be a racist. If they want to make it a crime to hate people because of their skin color, and start throwing them in prison because of their flawed characters, we better be prepared to have that debate in the halls of Congress, and change the Constitution accordingly. Remember that sword cuts in all directions, and we don't have enough prisons to hold them all.

The President, no matter who it is, can never be viewed as supporting an unconstitutional position. No matter what Trump says, it was going to be maligned and turned against him by the media that hates him, and everybody else that just hates him. It's a no win situation for him. Awful thing what happened to this leftist activist that died, but those shitheads had a court ordered permit to hold their rally, and they should have just ignored them. Ironic that no one cared this much about the Congressman that was shot, or the 5 police officers that were killed in Dallas, or more and more. I get tired of the double standards.

I hear they will be out again in Kentucky, and San Francisco. My guess is it will happen again. This is how wars are started.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Stop calling them Democrats in lieu of present day Dems, by that notion all Republicans should be tearing down those statues themselfes...

Destroying the past is a fools errand, thou glorifying it is a bad idea aswell (regardless of positive/negative of that past). Learn and better oneself from it, in this case both sides are indeed being jerks.

I would have been happier had he stuck to his first statement. Going back and forth and onward to victim blaming is a disgrace.

But he likes going back and forth! :D

His remarks would have been on point if not made during an actual altercation (by either side) happening at the moment. BOTH SIDES have done wrongs and should be called out for it, but Friday/Saturday it was time to call out the "alt-right". The entire GOP would be up in arms if Obama would have denounce 'both sides' when the Charlotte riots occured.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

You are correct on that. I know better than to trust my memory about these things, but it seems like a Ted R. thing to say.

I'm ignoring the rest of your comments because you know as well as I that making statements condemning hate and violence is presidential and has nothing to do with the constitution. You and I both know what a bully pulpit is (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_pulpit), and its value.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You are correct on that. I know better than to trust my memory about these things, but it seems like a Ted R. thing to say.

I'm ignoring the rest of your comments because you know as well as I that making statements condemning hate and violence is presidential and has nothing to do with the constitution. You and I both know what a bully pulpit is (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_pulpit), and its value.

I thought you meant FDR... that was closer to correct :) Teddy said "Speak softly, and carry a big stick".

Trump did make statements condemning hate and violence... you guys just want to ignore that portion and focus on the part about both sides are to blame for the violence, which is the truth, but I have never met a Progressive that has ever let the truth get in the way of their agenda. I have hate in this as well, but I hate both sides equally... one side are racist pigs and the other side are opportunistic liberals doing what they do best. Did you know your favorite organization... the ACLU... represented these Nazi's in court to make sure they were able to hold their little party? Why would they do that? They would never pass up the chance to highlight what they believe are the flaws in our Constitution. They knew this would happen, and law enforcement was ordered to let it happen. They could have kept them apart. So... now people are killing each other. That's just wonderful.

I think back a few months ago when you inspired me with those words about people saying things you don't agree with, but you would defend to the death their right to say it... but then I remember Progressives are all about saying whatever sounds good at the time, but never intending to hold themselves to it. Just like the horrendous cries of outrage when Trump said he might not except the results of the election, but like Bob Dylan said... "The times they are a-changin".

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Did you know I support ALL freedom of speech, including the right for Nazis to have rallies?  Like the ACLU, I believe that when you stifle any group, you are violating the constitution.  It doesn't matter what you say, I will support your right to say it.   I'm so glad you remember what i've said in the past.  I'm very consistent in my support of the constitution and free speech. While I support your right to be a Nazi, if that is what you choose, I reserve the right to call you a hate monger if I so choose.  That does not give you the right to run me over. 

Making  good use of the bully pulpit is not denying anyone's rights, it is standing up and offering leadership because you are in a position to make a positive difference.  People can choose to follow your example or not.  Trump does not make good use of the  bully pulpit.  He waits and waits to denounce hate crimes and white supremacists.  He doesn't have to take a stand, but I want my president to stand against hate in a timely, sincere manner.  I don't see him doing that.  You may disagree.

I believe you do not know how to discuss issues with someone who is in disagreement  with you.  You are forever changing the subject, ignoring the valid points that other people make, dismissing people, making statements that have no relevance, and saying inflammatory and wildly inaccurate things about people with whom you disagree in order to annoy and distract from their valid opinions.   There is no discourse with you, you make it black and white and you are always unwilling to bend no matter what.  I like sharing ideas and considering other points of view, you make it impossible for me to seriously consider what you say because you are so determined to be right that you "win" by simply exhausting people, not by making reasonable, persuasive arguments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

I find it a little funny that all these Democrats are climbing over themselves to tear down memorials to some of the most famous Democrats in US history. As much as I hate racists, it's still not illegal to be a racist. If they want to make it a crime to hate people because of their skin color, and start throwing them in prison because of their flawed characters, we better be prepared to have that debate in the halls of Congress, and change the Constitution accordingly. Remember that sword cuts in all directions, and we don't have enough prisons to hold them all.

The President, no matter who it is, can never be viewed as supporting an unconstitutional position. No matter what Trump says, it was going to be maligned and turned against him by the media that hates him, and everybody else that just hates him. It's a no win situation for him. Awful thing what happened to this leftist activist that died, but those shitheads had a court ordered permit to hold their rally, and they should have just ignored them. Ironic that no one cared this much about the Congressman that was shot, or the 5 police officers that were killed in Dallas, or more and more. I get tired of the double standards.

I hear they will be out again in Kentucky, and San Francisco. My guess is it will happen again. This is how wars are started.

Come now, 'no matter what Trump says [...]', that's going to far and you know it. The fact is that he should have condemned hate and violance embraced by the 'neo-nazi', 'k.k.k.' and whoemever/whatever other affiliation. Racism. such hate and violance are morally repugnant and should be condemned swiftly and without 'nuancing' or subjecting such condemnation to conditionalities, etc etc

There is no question of unconstitutionality of an action, whereby the President condemns an act that is by its very nature base and repugnant.

Leaving the doube standards aside, we are discussing a specific situtation and within that situation there was one right way to react. Whether or not the same people that have given condemnation in this situation, but not in the two you indicated, is not important. You can reprimand them and call them out on their hypocrisy, but it does not change the fact that condemnation was the right way to respond in this situation.

I thought you meant FDR... that was closer to correct :) Teddy said "Speak softly, and carry a big stick".

Trump did make statements condemning hate and violence... you guys just want to ignore that portion and focus on the part about both sides are to blame for the violence, which is the truth, but I have never met a Progressive that has ever let the truth get in the way of their agenda. I have hate in this as well, but I hate both sides equally... one side are racist pigs and the other side are opportunistic liberals doing what they do best. Did you know your favorite organization... the ACLU... represented these Nazi's in court to make sure they were able to hold their little party? Why would they do that? They would never pass up the chance to highlight what they believe are the flaws in our Constitution. They knew this would happen, and law enforcement was ordered to let it happen. They could have kept them apart. So... now people are killing each other. That's just wonderful.

I think back a few months ago when you inspired me with those words about people saying things you don't agree with, but you would defend to the death their right to say it... but then I remember Progressives are all about saying whatever sounds good at the time, but never intending to hold themselves to it. Just like the horrendous cries of outrage when Trump said he might not except the results of the election, but like Bob Dylan said... "The times they are a-changin".

Lys, we/I are not ignoring it. But do be fair and recognize the fact, that he was very reluctant to condemn and having done it, he invalidated said condemnation less than a day later when he appeared to be giving moral equivalence to both parties of the confrontation. Were both sides guilty of acting with excessive force/violence, quite possibly - where that was the case (irrespective of the side) the full force of the law should be applied.

'Progressive that has ever let the truth get in the way of their agenda' applies to both sides of the aisle.

As a by-the-by, free speech does not equal the right to articulate ideas/opinions/positions without fearing retalition, censorship or societal condemnation, but rather equals the right to articulate ideas/etc/etc without fearing retalition, etc, etc, only so far as it does not conflict with others' rights and freedoms. Therefore this 'people saying things you don't agree with, but you would defend to the death their right to say it' stands fully and should, but not as an excuseto infringe on the rights and freedoms of others to which they are equally entitled.

I'm both conservative and Traditionalist Catholic, so my problem with Trump comes mostly from the fact that he appears to have no convictions or principles. Granted I could be wrong, but he seems to reinforce my opinion with every day that passes...

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Hi Theo! It's great to see you again. I do believe that everything possible was done to prevent the Neo-Nazi scum from demonstrating. But when that failed, I don't believe the best course of action was to gather a few thousand leftists to attack them. They should have never been allowed to get within rock throwing distance. At the very least, when the streets are packed with people beating on each other, someone of authority should have had the common sense to immediately shut down the streets from traffic. The simple failure to take proper action to protect all these idiots from killing each other, and the lack of law enforcement on the scene, leads me to believe the people in charge wanted this violence to take place.

It's not the job of the President to babysit city Mayors on how to handle a riot in their city, nor is it the President's fault when they fail to properly handle a riot in their city. I'm sure there is an investigation in the works, and something tells me Jeff Sessions will be less friendly to the local officials than Eric Holder was in Ferguson. If this is laid in the lap of the President and he's blamed for this by a merciless media, can you imagine his actions when it happens again? The President of the US welds a heavy hammer.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
So, Steve Bannon. I'm surprised no one has commented on that multi-layered debacle on this forum.

i-feel-like-every-time-a-trump-employee-

Yes, I know he was fired. The meme applies to all his former appointees..

oompa-loompa-doopity-dee-there-goesanoth

I would like my president to succeed, I don't see it happening. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I never even heard of Bannon until the left lost their collective minds over him. From what I understand, Bannon was the last, sole surviving, keeper of the flame in the White House on all of Trump's campaign promises... so really you should be overjoyed that he was fired. It's absolutely nothing to me. I don't care who Trump works with. It's his administration, and he can hire who he wants to work with, and fire whoever doesn't work out. He's Donald Trump, and I knew he would fire people left and right if they did not perform. If he could fire McConnell... he would. It's not about party to him, it's results that matter. I don't expect he will keep anyone around him that continue to fail. It's another reason why he got elected.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

/me hands Lys a deck of cards

you know any good cardgames? Got to do something until Trump actually does something...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

/me hands Lys a deck of cards

you know any good cardgames? Got to do something until Trump actually does something...

One striking item is he has managed to either lose or fire a record number of appointees in his first 7 months. if the CEO of any major company had this many of his appointees leave in such a short time, they'd be removed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

I never even heard of Bannon until the left lost their collective minds over him. From what I understand, Bannon was the last, sole surviving, keeper of the flame in the White House on all of Trump's campaign promises... so really you should be overjoyed that he was fired. It's absolutely nothing to me. I don't care who Trump works with. It's his administration, and he can hire who he wants to work with, and fire whoever doesn't work out. He's Donald Trump, and I knew he would fire people left and right if they did not perform. If he could fire McConnell... he would. It's not about party to him, it's results that matter. I don't expect he will keep anyone around him that continue to fail. It's another reason why he got elected.

At.some point if everyone keeps getting fired or replaced, then it's a leadership issue. It's not like he is an outstanding businessman.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

At.some point if everyone keeps getting fired or replaced, then it's a leadership issue. It's not like he is an outstanding businessman.

I guess this is what it comes down to. It doesn't matter how anyone feels about Trump... he is the leader. We went through two years and 20 candidates and he's the one that won. A lot of people are not happy with it... too bad. I hope he has the spine to not sign a single thing that does not advance the things he campaigned to accomplish. I think he should take the White House on the road. No one in Washington DC wants to do anything. He can get much more done with the people that elected him than the establishment that hates him. Let the corrupt media, and the entire hate machine, just follow him around. He has unlimited resources... they do not.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Think he is already doing that, how many "campaighn" rally's has he done in these 6-ish months of presidency? Egoism is a trait found in nearly all the top brass of any gathering of people, but there is such a thing as "too much".

Yes he has kicked the collective "establishment of DC" in the nuts. Dems, Reps, just governmental workers, lobbies of all strands and sizes, basically everything. Didn't stop him from just adding in his own "establishment" to further murk up the "swamp".

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The President did something this week that's pretty amazing, and no one has talked about it yet. It was a stunning shot across the bow to all Congressional Republicans. He made a deal with Chucky and Nancy... that's the Democrats to anyone that doesn't know... to raise the debt ceiling for 3 months and fund Harvey relief, without shutting down the government and weeks of arguments.

This is a full reversal of "business as usual" in Washington DC. In one single day, Donald Trump let the establishment know that they will not determine his fate. He declared in one move, that if they refuse to allow him to be a successful President working with Republicans... he will be a successful President working with Democrats.

The debt limit would be raised, and Texas would get help regardless of how long it takes to get it done. The President did what no President has done in a very long time, and I applaud him for his courage. Things should start happening in short order now.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

I could nitpick about it but I think I will just enjoy that basically the entire USA dropped their jaw on that one :D

That said, 1 nitpick: lol courage.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Priceless.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users