Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Driving simulator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bay102174

bay102174

Presidium-2nd President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:035129
  • Souls Baptized:3,062,740
  • Squadron:Kilo

So my students and I are going to build a driving simulator. 

We have a complete cockpit out of a 2013 VW Passat. We can use a PC or a gaming console. The goal is to have and use the factory steering wheel and as many others as possible.  It would be hard but I would like to get the dash pod to work with the game. Maybe using Arduino's stuff. 

We have a few thousand to play with and also a full machine shop. 

We need the game to play with VW cars. 

Lets hear your ideas please. 

Posted Image
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I am the Sorcerer of death's construction. I've drunk more beer, banged more quiff, pissed more blood, and stomped more ass than all of you put together. Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. IRON shall spread her Orange wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of Admin. When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, IRON, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy Warriors. I'm hunger. I'm thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me IRON's enemies! We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see IRON. And on that day, you will reap it. And IRON will send you to whatever admin you wish. And shepherds we shall be. Power hath descended forth from IRON's hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out her command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomen Ferrarius, Bay, Quod Sanctus Admin

Incendia quod Cruento

2nd President of IRON

Minister of Tables

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ihateaaron: Can't we just clone bay?

James: No, the world would end if they turned on each other.

Sister Midnight: I think I just had a Baygasum

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

VW's suck. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

TBH... depending ong how realistic it's gonna be a bitch. I'd be tempted to use one of the high end pedal and steering wheel jobs which provide impact, and mount your own pedals and wheel etc to it. 

Use a series of overlapping projectors on a bent white wall to get your screen. 

Burn your big bucks on getting a system to lightly simulate g-forces.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

bay102174

bay102174

Presidium-2nd President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:035129
  • Souls Baptized:3,062,740

The screen most likely will be a single Hd tv. G forces and such will not be needed. But I am looking to have force feedback on the steering wheel. 

Posted Image
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I am the Sorcerer of death's construction. I've drunk more beer, banged more quiff, pissed more blood, and stomped more ass than all of you put together. Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. IRON shall spread her Orange wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of Admin. When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, IRON, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy Warriors. I'm hunger. I'm thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me IRON's enemies! We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see IRON. And on that day, you will reap it. And IRON will send you to whatever admin you wish. And shepherds we shall be. Power hath descended forth from IRON's hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out her command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomen Ferrarius, Bay, Quod Sanctus Admin

Incendia quod Cruento

2nd President of IRON

Minister of Tables

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ihateaaron: Can't we just clone bay?

James: No, the world would end if they turned on each other.

Sister Midnight: I think I just had a Baygasum

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

I would use a computer not a console, it would be easier to upgrade, future proof and you have a larger selection to driving simulators. In Japan they have a arcade game setup kinda like what you are wanting to do, here is a link to a video of people playing them. Warning the audio is loud. If you were to emulate it I would suggest modifying a car lift for turning, though it would be easily out of the price range you have. Here is another example of people using actual cars for their game

I forgot to add you can get racing wheel controllers that have force feedback. Second example

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

frostde

frostde

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 180 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559650
  • Souls Baptized:106233
  • Squadron:Alpha

pull the guts out of a g27 and get plans for a serial port connector or usb to send info to the gauges there should be a few freeware programs on the net along with plans on how to make it all work :)

*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED .......... Keep Calm And Call Frostde*

OR TRY AGAINPosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

linpingping1314520

linpingping1314520

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 54 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:000000

delete

Edited by DeathMerchant, 08 October 2017 - 05:27 PM.
Spam. Needs deletion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users