Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MSGSHCI - Game Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
894 replies to this topic

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo

That was well-played by the scum.

Martino was the least suspicious so deserves lots of credit. EM set up Falzis so he gets credit, too.

Regarding my towniness, "I told you so!"

EM: were you role-fishing just prior to getting lynched?

I wasn't role fishing, I was just trying to create some discussion to appear more townie like. That's when stuff went down hill fast for me. I can't believe how much heat I took but it was fun none the less. The game worked out pretty good for us scum anyway. We definitely got lucky with our killing of the first couple power roles and just kept it going from there.

Falzis, you played a good game, sorry I got you killed :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
I still don't get why Martino made a case for lynching EM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Alpha
It's called bussing - trying to get your scumbuddy lynched. Scum have ridden out entire games before by lynching a scumbuddy early on.

I don't know if that's what happened here - but it sounds like it.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
Good game mafia.

Martino had fooled all (me included).
Kinda sucks I was killed after only one day of gameplay.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Aquinas

Aquinas

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 416 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta

Good game mafia.

Martino had fooled all (me included).
Kinda sucks I was killed after only one day of gameplay.

I suppose that's what you get for controlling the town and kicking our butt into action.

I think without Martino's case against Electric Mango the town may not have lynched him. I certainly lacked the balls to lock in a vote when I called him out prior to Martino. I would probably have let it slide if that case had not been made.

Good game everybody. I'm bummed I missed Mage Wars but I was out of town during signups. Best of luck to you all! I'll be back around for another game soon.

Lord Aquinas of Aditi

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
You were very astute Aquinas. Nice play.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

Theophilos, you investigated me on N1. So that's why you really believed I was scum. WTF on that role.

Martino, why did you make a case for lynching Electric Mango? Indeed, as KevinH predicted, you played a perfect game. I was sure Sir Jesus was scum when EM was proven to be one since they were in sync on D1 and used the same approach to me (saying I was townie and such). I would never have thought Martino to be scum.

Well, it was a difficult decision, but this is what happened:

I logged in to find EM's roleclaim proposal. When I read that post, I was convinced that he was going down. While I knew he wasn't rolefishing(he really had no reason to, we were well on our way to win the game), that post certainly seemed like rolefishing. There had been little evidence against the other players until that point, so I was sure that half the town was about to attack EM. Since I was pretty certain that he was going down, I decided to be one of the first to vote for him and I was about to write my attack on EM. However, I then realised that there were at least a dozen other new posts. This is when I got a little worried. If there would already be a couple of votes for EM, my vote wouldn't do nearly as much to make me look like a townie. I mean, in my mind the case against EM was very obvious, so after a few votes it would have been clear that he was going down and thus any additional votes could have just as well come from a scum.

So I read the first post from Aquinas. He lays out the case exactly as I perceived it and he votes EM. At that point, I was afraid that we were going to lose this game afterall. There were still a dozen other new posts, so I figured EM would be well on his way towards a lynch if he was not already lynched. But then I read the other posts and it turned out that most people believed EM's defense. They thought that it was a bad strategy, but they didn't think he was scum for it. EM even got Aquinas to unvote.

That is were I had to make my first decision. I could have joined in with the others and say that it was a bad strategy but just leave EM be. However, I still felt that the case against EM was obvious and there were still a few townies who hadn't posted yet. Also, while Aquinas had unvoted, he clearly wasn't completely satisfied with EM's defense. If I didn't attack EM and if the other townies would log in and attack him, then I would be more suspicious. Sir Jesus had already posted and he more or less defended EM there. So I really didn't want a possible EM lynch to lead back to both Sir Jesus and me. That could have potentially cost us the game. So at that point I decided that I would be the one leading the lynch against EM. I figured that should give me enough goodwill to at least partially make up for the loss of EM. Remember that I was still reasonably certain that EM was going down with or without my help, so I might as well benefit from it.

However, to my surprise, noone else seemed to find it that suspicious. I pulled Aquinas back on EM, but that was about it. So I decided to leave it be. I would just lay relatively low until the end of the day and see who would get lynched. This, however, did not work out the way I liked. Either Sir jesus or EM himself called me out on my inactivity and a little later someone else did as well. So I had to post something. I believe that at that point it was between KevinH and Falzis. I considered unvoting EM and switching to Falzis or KevinH. In the end, however, I decided that the cases against them were relatively weak, so I couldn't really switch over. Therefore, I decided to make another post attacking EM. I would just be repeating the points I made previously, so I didn't expect people to actually follow me this time. For some reason, however, this time I did convince half the town that EM was indeed scum.

It's called bussing - trying to get your scumbuddy lynched. Scum have ridden out entire games before by lynching a scumbuddy early on.

I don't know if that's what happened here - but it sounds like it.

It was a case of circumstantial bussing if there is such a thing :P. I didn't intend to lead a lynch against EM when the game started or even when that day started. I was just presented with a scenario that didn't look good and I thought this was a good way to turn it in our advantage.

Also, Theophilos, why didn't you roleclaim when you had three guilty investigations and EM turned out to indeed be scum? We all more or less agreed that there were 3 scum. So if your invenstigation would have been right, you could have won the game for the town by claiming there.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
I forgot to say that I really enjoyed playing this game. The mod did a good job and we found some great new mafia players :D.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
Damn you and EM's expert strategies. I'm still hurting from EM's play with me hahaha. Lessons learned.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

Damn you and EM's expert strategies. I'm still hurting from EM's play with me hahaha. Lessons learned.

It happens, sometimes you are just completely wrong. When you had 'seen the light and knew that sojourner was scum', you actually reminded me a lot of myself in the werewolves versus vampires game. On four consecutive days, I was 100% certain that i had really finally found the scum and I lead the town to lynching a townie for four days in a row :P.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
@Martinio & SJ - why was I night killed on N3 instead of somebody else?
PS3 80GB

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

@Martinio & SJ - why was I night killed on N3 instead of somebody else?

It was probably the most debated nightkill we had. Sir Jesus was convinced that Theophilos was a cop, while I didn't believe there would be another pro town power role. I instead wanted to lynch Aquinas or you because I felt it was clear that you were townies. Sir Jesus then selected you because he was certain that Aquinas did not have a power role.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

It was probably the most debated nightkill we had. Sir Jesus was convinced that Theophilos was a cop, while I didn't believe there would be another pro town power role. I instead wanted to lynch Aquinas or you because I felt it was clear that you were townies. Sir Jesus then selected you because he was certain that Aquinas did not have a power role.

Ugg...if only I had lived.

I saw the quick votes piling up on Falzis and would have put a stop to it.
After seeing that...I suspected Falzis was townie.

And the most suspicious to me would have been Kaziocore and SJ (the first 2 votes).
I would have voted for either one.
I suspected both of them at the beginning of D3 (when I joined the game).
SJ might have gotten the nod cuz he didn't vote EM.
Although I was still thinking Kaziocore was a possible scum as well.

But I was totally in the dark with you.

Good Game Mafia!!!!!!
PS3 80GB

Sir Jesus

Sir Jesus

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,475 posts
  • Resources:

junkahoolik, Hospital Guard and COP, stabbed in the back N1.
Narsis, Hospital Nurse and WEAK DOC, killed N2.
Aquinas, inmate and TOWNIE, killed N4.
Theophilos, COP, killed in endgame.

I don't really like to toot my own horn, but my intuition was freakin' spot on this game.
I had identified all three powerroles by the end of day 2 ... and Aquinas' position. :)
Obstacle of Economic Development

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
dang oh well.

some of my thoughts:

first, well played scum, but not perfectly played. if i hadn't had to go camping for a week i think i may have caught at least Martino. here's why:

when D4 i think it was started i voted Kevin. my hope was either to vote scum, or draw scum into voting him. i was keeping a close eye and was planning to drop my vote when it hit L-2 regardless of who voted for Kevin. sort of a gambit play. unfortunately for me, i had to leave at the wrong time. maybe it would have played out differently, maybe not.

anyway, that was a great game.

also, if you noticed i protected Aquinas on night 2. since i was the only death i assumed that i was nk'd and Aquinas was thus a townie. so when i rejoined, i was dying to say something, but i promised mole i wouldn't. :P

also, who was it that forgot to put me in the experienced player category that first night? i am insulted! :P

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter