Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[TW-05] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Harry Potter Goblet of Fire Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
450 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

Ron suggested that Ginny could go to the ball with Harry but she had already agreed to go with Neville. Harry was starting to get desperate. Just then Parvati Patil walked past Harry and said hello. Harry quickly walked after her and asked her if she would be interested in going to the dance with him. She smiled and said yes and then offered to bring her sister Padma for Ron. Harry was relieved. 

Harry sat around relaxing on Christmas morning as he opened his small stack of presents. He still had not figured out what to do with the golden egg but that didn't seem to be bothering him too much. Ron continued to bother Hermione to try and figure out who she was going with to the ball but she refused to tell him. After lunch Hermione left the common room to start preparing for the ball. After a little while longer of sitting around, Harry and Ron went up to their dormitory to do the same. Ron groaned as he pulled his dress robes out of his trunk and started to put them on. There just wasn't any was of getting around the fact that his dress robes looked more like an old dress than anything else.

Harry and Ron met Parvati and Padma Patil in the entrance hall. They both were beautiful and excited. Professor McGonagall began to assemble the four champions and their dates. Harry and Parvati were joined by Fleur and Roger Davies (the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain) and Cedric and Cho Chang. Viktor Krum wandered over pulling a beautiful girl in blue robes behind him that Harry didn't recognize until they joined the circle. It was Hermione!

The four champions were marched into the Great Hall which had been transformed into a beautiful snowy winterscape. They danced with their partners before taking their seats at the head table for dinner. After dinner the band started to play and everyone got up to dance. Harry could only take one more song before he had to sit back down.

Ron was still sitting down glaring at Viktor and Hermione. Parvati and Padma finally got bored of waiting and left them to find new dance partners. Hermione walked past Ron and Harry and said hello. Ron jumped out of his chair and accused Hermione of fraternizing with the enemy. "He only asked you to the ball to learn secrets about Harry!" he yelled at her. Hermione looked betrayed and furious and stormed off.

Percy Weasley walked over and sat next to Harry. He explained that he was officially filling in for Mr. Crouch this evening because he had fallen ill. Percy noticed that Fred had walked up to Ludo Bagman and "accosted" him and he got annoyed. Bagman claimed that they were just talking about the Weasley twin's practical jokes though.

Ron and Harry stood up and walked out of the Great Hall and out onto the grounds because they didn't want to listen to Percy talk anymore. As they walked past the garden they heard two muffled voices nearby. They recognized the voices as Professor Snape and Igor Karkaroff. They crept over to a closer hedge and listened quietly. Karkaroff sounded worried.

"..it's been getting clearer and clearer for months.."

"It doesn't matter," Snape said. "I'll remain here at Hogwarts."

They weren't quite sure what to make of the conversation but they couldn't hang around much longer to find out more since it sounded like Snape was walking their direction.

When the ball ended at midnight, Harry walked out of the Great Hall and was stopped by Cedric Diggory. He suggested to Harry to take his golden egg into the bathroom and think over his clue in the bath. Harry was confused but Cedric insisted. he offered to let Harry use the prefects bathroom so that he would have more privacy as well.

Harry returned to the Gryffindor Common Room. As he stepped through the portrait hole he was greeted by Ron and Hermione shouting at one another. "Next time there's a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!" Hermione yelled at Ron.

Harry still thought that Cedric's hint about the golden egg was stupid but he took him up on the offer anyway that night. He grabbed the egg and the Marauders Map and threw the invisibility cloak over himself. When he got to the prefect's bathroom he removed the invisibility cloak. He lowered himself into the prefect's bathtub which looked like a fancy swimming pool but he still wasn't sure what to do with the egg.

"I'd try putting it in the water, if I were you," came a girl's voice from behind him. Moaning Myrtle floated over to the side of the tub. Harry took the egg and plunged it into the water. He turned the latch on top and the egg opened. Harry braced himself for the shrill shrieking that had occurred every time the egg was opened, but he was pleasantly surprised with what he heard. From above the water's surface it sounded like a quiet, serene song was playing. Harry took a deep breath and dove under the water.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

we cannot sing above the ground,

an hour long you'll have to look,

to discover what we took."

Harry started to work out the clue. He got that the task would involve the merpeople in the Black Lake and having to look for something that he was missing but now he had to figure out how to breath underwater for an extended period of time in the Hogwarts lake.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione spent the next couple days trying to figure out a way that Harry could breath underwater but were not finding this to be an easy task. Harry was now completely panicking about the second task. The night before the task, Fred Weasley walked over to them in the library as they were pouring through books looking for an answer. Fred told them that he had a message from Professor Dumbledore and that he needed Ron and Hermione for something. Fred led them away while Harry continued to flip through book after book.

Fred Weasley (Sister Midnight) a 2-shot Hogwarts Roleblocker has been sent to collect Ron and Hermione on day 7.

Vote Count

Sister Midnight (2): Chaplain of Death, Kitkat16

It is now night 7. Please PM any night actions to me by 9:00am CST on Sunday, March 12th.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Harry woke up an hour later with his face pressed against the book in front of him. He was really starting to panic now. The second task was scheduled to start in twelve hours and he still hadn't figured out a way to breath underwater for an hour. He quickly flipped through several charm books a couple books about magical herbs and their practical uses. One by one the crowd in the library thinned out as people made their way back to their dormitories.

"Goodnight Harry", Neville said as he passed by. He noticed that something appeared to be stressing Harry out so he stopped and turned back around. "Is there something I can help you with Harry?"

"Not unless you know of some sort of magical Tibetan turnip that I can use to breath underwater for an hour," Harry groaned back at him.

"I don't know about any Tibetan turnip, but you could always use Gillyweed," Neville replied. "In fact, I happen to know where you can get some."

Harry couldn't believe his luck. He was so relieved that he thought he might hug Neville.

--

The four Champions were gathered on a large floating platform in the middle of the Black Lake the next morning. They received final instructions from Ludo Bagman about the task and it was now clear exactly what they would be searching for. Each Champion would have to find and rescue a person that they were close to from the depths of the lake. They were instructed to ready themselves. Harry pulled the handful of gillyweed out of the pocket of his suit and popped it into his mouth. It tasted terrible but he choked it down anyway.

A moment later a cannon fired and the event clock began. All four Champions dove into the lake. Harry swam about 20 feet under the water's surface. He really wasn't sure what he was supposed to feel. It didn't seem like the gillyweed had done anything. In fact, Harry knew that it hadn't. After about 30 seconds of holding his breath he realized that things weren't getting any better. Harry began to kick back toward the lake's surface. He had just about reached it when he took a deep inhale. He could breath! Gills had formed on both sides of his neck and webbing had appeared between his fingers and toes. He could breath and swim much faster.

Harry dove deeper into the water and started his search. It was darker near the bottom of the lake but not completely dark. He swam further south through some thick seaweed. There was movement to his left. The seaweed parted and Fleur Delacour swam through. He mouth and nose had been completely encased by an air bubble that was operating like an oxygen mask. Harry swam away from her and continued his search.

Halfway through the task, Harry had still not even so much as seen a sign of the merpeople. He swam on for another 10 minutes before he finally saw what appeared to be a natural "castle" made of rock and sand. As Harry approached the castle he saw an eerie sight. Four figures were floating underwater. Their feet were tied with chains and they were suspended to the rocky terrain below. Harry swam closer and saw Ron. He looked at the other three figures and noticed Cho Chang, Gabrielle Delacour, and Hermione!

Harry looked around and did not see any of the other Champions so we began trying to unchain all four hostages. At once several pairs of strong gray hands seized him and pulled him away. The merpeople would not allow him to take more than his one hostage. Harry waited a couple more minutes and finally another champion arrived. Cedric swam up and drew his wand. He cast a spell that blasted away her chain and led her toward the surface. Then Viktor Krum arrive and freed Hermione and swam toward the surface. Harry waited another couple minutes and finally realized that Fleur wasn't coming. He drew his own wand and blasted the chains holding Ron and Gabrielle. The merpeople tried to grab him again but Harry threatened them with his wand before taking the two hostages and swimming upward with them.

They all broke the surface of the water a minute later. Fleur was already back on the platform looking frantically relieved when Gabrielle showed up. The judges congregated and talked about what had happened and how to award points. Fleur received 25 points for using a bubble-head charm but failing to rescue her hostage. Cedric received 47 points for using a bubble-head charm and being the first to return to the surface with his hostage. Krum received 40 points for partially transfiguring himself into a shark and returning with his hostage just outside of the time limit. And Harry, who used gillyweed, was the first to reach the hostages, but the last to come back received.. 45 points for showing great moral fiber!

Harry was now tied with Cedric Diggory in first place overall!

Neville (SeaBeeGipson) has given Harry Gillyweed night 7.

Even though Harry survived the second task and was now tied for first place, he would go on to be tricked into helping Lord Voldemort return to his body. He was transported by a Portkey to the graveyard in Little Hangleton where he witnessed the ritual to bring Voldemort back. Cedric Diggory, who was also transported to the graveyard was murdered. Luckily for Harry, due to the connection between Voldemort's wand and his own wand, he was able to escape the deadly duel with Voldemort and return to Hogwarts with Cedric's body.

The mafia has won.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
Well done, scum!

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Who was last scum?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Well good game CoD. Not sure why no one forced CoD to even RC, but by then everyone had so he could easily make a name up since he knew all names everyone else had.

Thought it was you, guess your unknown ability blocked my RB on you the night I was killed.

O wells, well played.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
Good game all. I was the last scum, i was indeed a ninja. I thought we were screwed when both of our first 2 kills were stopped, and even more so once Canik and WP got lynched. =p

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Why did scum not kill those two nights?

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I'll post some game notes tomorrow at work.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
1st bought was because of Rhizos 1 shot bulletproof but when we investigated him night 2 we didn't learn he had been one shot bullet proof so we just chose to target other people. Night 2 we targeted kevin and i attempted the kill, so i assume Imran protected him or something.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

I feel like such a numpty for voting SM XD Unfortunately, by the time she replied it was the middle of the night my time and I was asleep.

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
I told you all not to kill me. :P
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

I feel like such a numpty for voting SM XD Unfortunately, by the time she replied it was the middle of the night my time and I was asleep.

You are a numpty for voting for me. And you should never sleep when I'm posting. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Here are a few mod notes from the game:

• I assumed that the mafia was in big trouble when their first two kills were unsuccessful. The first attempted kill was on Rhizo who was 1-shot bulletproof. Rhizo was not aware of this modifier so he had no idea that it was him who was targeted. The second attempted kill was protected by Imran.
  • It was interesting to watch everybody's response to no kills on n1 and n2. I believe it was SM that questioned whether there was any mafia in the game at all. :P
  • After the first two failed kills by CoD, the mafia thought that a town role blocker had already figured out CoD was scum and blocked him both nights (since there wasn't a kill on night 1). Because of this, the mafia decided to send Wolfpacks to strongman kill Imran on night 3 which worked out well for town since Robert used his motion detection ability on Wolfpacks that night and saw "motion" from Wolfpacks targeting Imran. This of course helped lead to Wolfpacks eventual lynching.
  • Canik dying early dug the mafia deeper into a hole that I didn't expect them to get out of.
  • I included Rhizo as an even night town JOAT with the ability to use his Vigilante ability on night 2+ and Canik as an odd night scum JOAT who could have used his Vigilante ability on night 3+.
  • Canik actually used his JOAT investigative ability on Rhizo on night 2 and the mafia learned that Rhizo was a Jack-of-All-Trades. I was kind of surprised that the mafia didn't really discuss this fact much in their chat. They knew that Canik was an even-night JOAT so I assumed they would discuss the possibility that Rhizo could be an odd-night JOAT. Either way, the scum team never even considered the likelihood that Rhizo had a Vigilante ability that could have been used against them.
  • With so much speculation or assumption about CoD being scummy I am surprised that he was never pushed far enough to have to fake a role claim. That was an error on the town's part late in the game.
  • CoD was an Ascetic Ninja. In order to lessen the power of these two roles combined, CoD was not informed of his Ascetic modifier so that he could not exploit it. The only time it came into play in the game was when Rhizo tried to role block CoD on the night he was killed.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
TW put together a well set game. I'm impressed at your ability to mix things up, TW. And of course, very good creative writing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
:/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
TW does an excellent job running these games.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Another random thought of mine:

You should not always take a role claim or even real information learned from a role as gospel truth. For example: In Wolfpacks case in this game, after Robert witnessed that he saw motion surrounding Wolfpacks, it seemed to be the immediate reaction of the town that he must have killed Imran that night. This was still early enough in the game that a lot of information was still unknown. Robert's positive result of "motion detected" could just as easily have been someone targeting Wolfpacks with a night action. Make sure to consider all possibilities of certain results before taking them at face value. ;)

TW put together a well set game. I'm impressed at your ability to mix things up, TW. And of course, very good creative writing!

TW does an excellent job running these games.

I appreciate that. Thank you both. A lot of time and effort goes into building the game, maintaining the game, and writing the narrative. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
I do enjoy tw's games. However, I felt the mafia was a bit too powerful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

The mafia had powerful roles for sure. I tried to counter-balance it some by making Rhizo an odd-night JOAT so that he got to use his actions before the mafia JOAT ever had the opportunity and by making him 1-shot bulletproof which did work since it saved a kill and allowed Rhizo to use another action. It almost didn't end up mattering in the end though. If the town would have pressured CoD it would have probably been over.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

Nice work COD 

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter