Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IRON's FIRST UK meetup with Sister Midnight in London! Save the date.

Sunday April 2 anarchy in the UK

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
I'm visiting the United Kingdom! I would love to meet some European IRONers while I'm there and Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 1:00 pm (aka 13:00 to you Euro types) looks like the time and date that work best. So far Blade 619, Samus, Wolfpacks, Black Rook, and W1Ck3d and others have expressed interest. If you think you might be able to join everyone, let us know. So save the date, more details to come.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Blade

Game on motherfrackers.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
I'll be there, I'll be in England for a couple of months actually so :P

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Sounds like fun, but not in the UK. Let me know if you come to Hungary :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,080 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

I'm visiting the United Kingdom! 

1. what time is the official dinner with queen? 

2. will there be live broadcast?

3. you better dress well, april may be still cold 

4. swords on board arent allowed. Usually...

5. Can you bring me a green card?  :)

Edited by joe44, 23 January 2017 - 01:31 AM.

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

I'm visiting the United Kingdom! 

1. what time is the official dinner with queen? 
2. will there be live broadcast?
3. you better dress well, april may be still cold 
4. swords on board arent allowed. Usually...
5. Can you bring me a green card?  :)

Where are you located?

1. Queen Lizzy told me to keep our dinner and movie plans a secret for security reasons.
2. I might do something live on Facebook, and I'm sure there will be meet up pics here. I know what everyone attending (so far) looks like, but I'm very excited to meet everyone in the flesh.
3. I figure something low cut or off the shoulder is good for any occasion where I'll have the IRON men to warm my blood.
4. But...but...but... what about Blade's Blade?
4. Again, where are you located?

Sounds like fun, but not in the UK. Let me know if you come to Hungary :P

I wish! I'd love to meet you and I'd love to see Hungary!

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

Wales UK.

I am within 30 miles of Cardiff; being vague due to cyber stalkers that want to sexually harass me.  

On April 2nd where will you be?

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Wales UK.

I am within 30 miles of Cardiff; being vague due to cyber stalkers that want to sexually harass me.

London. I'm staying in Soho. SOME people have expressed a desire to get me drunk, so the meet up will need to be near where I'm staying, or I'll never find my hotel again. ATM we're looking at 1:00 pm in a public place. Do you think you can make it? I've wanted to meet you for nearly 11 years!

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

Wales UK.

London. I'm staying in Soho. SOME people have expressed a desire to get me drunk, so the meet up will need to be near where I'm staying, or I'll never find my hotel again. ATM we're looking at 1:00 pm in a public place. Do you think you can make it? I've wanted to meet you for nearly 11 years!

Could in theory be done.  

I will check out the leave situation in work tomorrow; I would assume it will be fine though.

If I do come down I will likely make a weekend of it due to train fares, hotel fees etc; there are a few things I want to do in London currently so I guess I could fit a Sister Midnight meet up in.  Is Glyndwr going to be there?

Would like to revisit the Imperial War Museum and HMS Belfast, maybe fit in the Victoria & Albert Museum whilst I am there.  Last few times I have been to London the inner nerd has been restricted due to female company; as I am single these days I guess it could be a nerd weekend with some hard drinking in between museums.  

You like cider right? Not the american cider; the alcoholic version :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
I don't remember ever having hard cider, if you get a glass I'll have a sip. I very rarely drink in general so it won't take much to have me giggling like mad.

Glyndwr will not be coming because Glyndwr is behaving like a non-fun twit! I even offered to meet him half way btwn his home and London (or York, the second leg of my trip, the third being Edinbugh), but nope. Maybe he should buy a vowel. I will be seeing Worms in York, though. Do you remember him from War of Empires?

Anyhow, I'm clearing the day for the meet up and it would be so great to finally meet you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

I don't remember ever having hard cider, if you get a glass I'll have a sip. I very rarely drink in general so it won't take much to have me giggling like mad.

Glyndwr will not be coming because Glyndwr is behaving like a non-fun twit! I even offered to meet him half way btwn his home and London (or York, the second leg of my trip, the third being Edinbugh), but nope. Maybe he should buy a vowel. I will be seeing Worms in York, though. Do you remember him from War of Empires?

Anyhow, I'm clearing the day for the meet up and it would be so great to finally meet you!

Hard cider is where it is at.  Don't drink too much of it as it usually (80% of cases based on first hand anecdotal evidence) gives the unaccustomed the shits; a pint or two wont hurt you however, just if you were to go to 6-8+ pints level it could become a problem.  Scrumpy cider (what I drink) tends to have more of an effect than the mass produced stuff.  

Never played Age of Empires; know Glyndwr from IRON days of old, think he recruited me actually.

Ever been North of the Wall (Hadrian's) before?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Hard cider is where it is at.  Don't drink too much of it as it usually (80% of cases based on first hand anecdotal evidence) gives the unaccustomed the shits; a pint or two wont hurt you however, just if you were to go to 6-8+ pints level it could become a problem.  Scrumpy cider (what I drink) tends to have more of an effect than the mass produced stuff.  

Never played Age of Empires; know Glyndwr from IRON days of old, think he recruited me actually.
 I
Ever been North of the Wall (Hadrian's) before?

I feel like making John Snow comments about going north of the wall. When I was 17ish I went on a teen trip to England, with a few days in Scotland, Edinburgh to be specific. I remember very little of north of the wall, except the castle with a huge hill. What about you?

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
I feel like making John Snow comments about going north of the wall. When I was 17ish I went on a teen trip to England, with a few days in Scotland, Edinburgh to be specific. I remember very little of north of the wall, except the castle with a huge hill. What about you?

I love Scotland; much nicer than the hell hole of London (my own personal perception, many find my rural life boring).  London is nice to visit but I cannot ever imagine living there; Scotland however, yeah I could see myself very happy in Scotland.  Never been to Edinburgh or Glasgow, when I visit Scotland I enjoy the coastal places away from cities (I am not a fan of cities in general).  Portree on Skye I have stayed a few times, Stornoway on Lewis and Harris also; comes with the added bonus that you can roll out of bed, get breakfast then go for an all day walk.  

Don't be alarmed when you get "different" money north of the wall; it's all pounds sterling but you don't often come across it south of the wall, certainly not in Wales anyway.  You have "British" money good throughout the Kingdom, you also have Scottish money in circulation which is also good throughout the Kingdom however it is more difficult to "off load" due to the general unfamiliarity of those south of the wall who will often in my experience question it or look at you stupid. If you're going to get cash in Scotland be aware that you more than likely will not get the same style of notes that you will be familiar with from the rest of the UK.

As for Scotland just be yourself.  If you have never tried black pudding I will certainly vouch for it ( eat far too much of it myself) ; it conjures up thoughts of a congealed mass of blood but it is far from it.  It is soft with a somewhat firm structure, texture is akin to a light sausage meat.  Taste is not of congealed blood but is rather unique, doesn't have a metallic taste that one would expect from blood but a very soft and herbal flavour; basically don't be the douchebag tourist that goes "OMG blood ach! I ain't eating that!", give it a try, it's actually really good; much better than its ingredients list would imply and I am not someone that enjoys offal.  

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
You've convinced me to give blood pudding a fair try. I'm not so sure about haggis or spotted dick (controls urge to discuss possible treatments to alleviate spotted dick). Have you tried either?

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

I will be seeing Worms in York, though. Do you remember him from War of Empires?

omg memories

and yeah i'd love to be there, only thing though my company has this habit of flying me about for emergency meetings/events.

And Soho is pretty central, i'd suggest spending time drinking in Duck & Waffle - google it, it's a very nice you can literally see the whole of London from like 40 floors up

it's war of empires boi

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

I will be seeing Worms in York, though. Do you remember him from War of Empires?

omg memoriesand yeah i'd love to be there, only thing though my company has this habit of flying me about for emergency meetings/events.And Soho is pretty central, i'd suggest spending time drinking in Duck & Waffle - google it, it's a very nice you can literally see the whole of London from like 40 floors up

I'm so glad you plan to come and I was going to ask you for location suggestions. Duck and Waffle looks perfect for a meet up, except we will have at least two starving uni students who need cheap eats and grog. Any other suggestions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

omg memoriesand yeah i'd love to be there, only thing though my company has this habit of flying me about for emergency meetings/events.And Soho is pretty central, i'd suggest spending time drinking in Duck & Waffle - google it, it's a very nice you can literally see the whole of London from like 40 floors up

I'm so glad you plan to come and I was going to ask you for location suggestions. Duck and Waffle looks perfect for a meet up, except we will have at least two starving uni students who need cheap eats and grog. Any other suggestions?

Put it on Samus's company card and call it client entertainment.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

Another good one is Burger & Lobster in Piccadily Circus which is right next to Soho.

They literally only serve Burger & Lobster lol, (of course with usual fries)

Also wouldn't suggest eating in Duck & Waffle, unlikely to get a booking until next year or something anyway, but you can have a few drinks up there or just chill. The view is really nice.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
To drink in soho I think I'll have to take out a second mortgage, if I had one in the first place, I should be able to make the meet but doubt I will drink it being a school night an all

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:

You've convinced me to give blood pudding a fair try. I'm not so sure about haggis or spotted dick (controls urge to discuss possible treatments to alleviate spotted dick). Have you tried either?

I have never tried haggis; nor ever been drunk enough to try it as it really doesn't appeal.  Haggis to me is "so you get all your shitty offcuts and offal, stick some oats and other cereals into the mix, throw in a few onions and herbs, stuff it all into a animal stomach and then just boil it until it's done?  Sounds yummy!"

Spotted dick is fine, though I haven't had that since I left school and is nothing really to write home about, I prefer sticky toffee pudding.  If you get the chance try bread and butter pudding though it is easy enough to make at home if you fancy it, make your own custard to go with it too, don't buy the premade just add water crap.  Its simply but really good.  

And if you have never tried curry, oh my lawd try some curry whilst in london.  

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users