Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Slants Win Big!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

The First Amendment was defended today... and in a big way.

Today, in a unanimous decision by the US Supreme Court, The Slants won the right to register their trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office after a long fought legal struggle in which big government decided that it's the job of the Federal Government to deny protections to American business that, in their opinion, the titles are offensive to the politically correct, cry baby, snowflake American faction... also known as Progressives.

The Washington Redskins will be getting their trademarks back... bite it babies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/19/supreme-court-rules-trademark-law-banning-offensive-names-is-unconstitutional.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/19/washington-redskins-owner-thrilled-by-supreme-courts-trademark-ruling.html

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
You make me physically ill.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

I saw that earlier today. 8-0 rulings sure are rare these days.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Mostly unrelated but I saw the Slants play in person years ago at a convention that totally wasn't Japanimation related back in 2007. Crazy to see a local band have such controversy.  

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

Today, in a unanimous decision by the US Supreme Court, The Slants won the right to register their trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office after a long fought legal struggle in which big government decided that it's the job of the Federal Government to deny protections to American business that, in their opinion, the titles are offensive to the politically correct, cry baby, snowflake American faction... also known as Progressives.

The Washington Redskins will be getting their trademarks back... bite it babies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/19/supreme-court-rules-trademark-law-banning-offensive-names-is-unconstitutional.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/19/washington-redskins-owner-thrilled-by-supreme-courts-trademark-ruling.html

Finally we'll see the judicial side starting to do their part to throw out this BS that we've had to deal with for the past 8 years. Full change in all 3 branches means we're in for a lot of positive change. I can't wait to see the next ruling :)

Because he celebrates a victory over the most hateful of all groups, Progressives?

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

TBH, I personally don't mind the Redskins football mascot, but it does indeed have a pretty racist tone to it. Native Americans are not just some savage animals to be used as a mascot. It's like making a team called the Gringos or Yellowskins. 

Having known plenty of native Americans, I feel for them, more than I do any other disadvantaged race in our society. They are generally isolated from American society in ways that Africans or Hispanics never have been and most of their culture has been completely wiped out. What remains of it has been taken over by money, stereotyped and sold by the wealthy (both native and white alike). The worst part is that these stereotypes have become so deeply embedded and the disconnect between the two societies so severe, that today, even things that would normally be considered racist towards ethnicities, is not considered racist toward Natives. 

I think it's some seriously fucked up bullshit how Americans do not make more of an effort to remember and honor the original people of this land. We'll devote an entire month to slavery and black people while turning Thanksgiving into a stereotyped whitewashed charade of bullshit.  

In any case like I said; I personally have no problem with the Redskins mascot (perhaps a name change, though?), but blowing it off like our history is nothing, being part of the largest sports/entertainment franchise in US history, is shameful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:601502
  • Souls Baptized:232,393
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:King Cankles

Finally we'll see the judicial side starting to do their part to throw out this BS that we've had to deal with for the past 8 years. Full change in all 3 branches means we're in for a lot of positive change. I can't wait to see the next ruling :)

Because he celebrates a victory over the most hateful of all groups, Progressives?

I laughed :D
Posted Image

“You have to accept yourself as God. You have to realize you’re just the Devil just as much as you’re God, that you’re everything and you’re nothing at all.”

-CM

Anally pounded by 5 nukes thus far. 1st nuke taken for IRON on 7/1/17

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

You know, I'm more progressive than anything:

download.png

https://8values.github.io/

And there is probably nothing I actually hate. Progressivism embraces exactly what the name implies; progress. It should be clear to anyone who knows anything about history that nothing is static. Everything will inevitably progress one way or the other. How it progresses will be decided by those who recognize and embrace it. Tradition will always serve a place in any human society, but do not make the mistake of assuming that tradition will never evolve. It absolutely and always will change. We didn't go from caves and forests to skyscrapers and space stations by rejecting progress. 

We should remember our history, not repeat it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

Fox Fire, when we refer to Progressives, the ones with the capital "P," we're referring to the groups and organizations that are actually regressive in their thoughts and beliefs. The type of groups that have all those whiny and self-empowered SJWs who seem to want nothing more than to seethe hate to the Conservative side of the United States...

Observe, here is a rather rudimentary photo from when segregation was first being dismantled in the country. A truly progressive moment:

140407074041-restricted-04-civil-rights-

Notice the very pissed person behind her? That's a regressive, someone who hated the ideal of us moving past segregation to something bigger and better.

Now, this next photo might shock you:

mqdefault.jpg

I present to you: The modern day common "Progressive." Looks pretty similar huh? Maybe long-distance cousins...

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Heh, nice site. This is me:

canvas.png

Classical Liberalism is correct.

The problem with the group we call "Progressives" today, is that as Lord Sunday pointed out, are actually regressive. Their maniacal fixation on ethnocentrism and cultural heritage is proof of that. Culture is worthless on its own, it's values that matter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
This is me:
canvas.png
Apparently I'm Bernie Sanders. That's not true, and some of those questions were worded terribly, as I lean more conservative fiscally. Socially it's accurate, as it is with the other items.

My point is this: I don't condone hate in any fashion. Trademarks like the Washington Football Team are known slurs and have been for years and shouldn't be protected marks. Even the band name shouldn't be protected via a trademark - however, if they want to use that as their name I won't stop them. Same with the Washington Football team. I'm saying that the government should have some decency standards for trademark protection.

As for Lys, him and I will never agree, and I'm OK with that. However, him trumpeting the success of hate speech makes me sick.

Now excuse me while I puke on his shoes. :P
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Finister is right, some of those questions could have been worded better.

My results are relatively spot on, although I was surprised to see the Civil Axis lean more towards Authority. I typically tend to fall more on the Liberty side.

canvas_zpsk8fcbz9b.png

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

@ Finster

Is it really hate speech though? It's not the best name ever, but this is what I'm talking about when I say "Progressives" are so fixated on ethnicity, acting like it's a crime against humanity. As for hurt feelings - there was not one idea in history over which someone wasn't offended.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:

@ Finster

Is it really take speech though? It's not the best name ever, but this is what I'm talking about when I say "Progressives" are so fixated on ethnicity, acting like it's a crime against humanity. As for hurt feelings - there was not one idea in history over which someone wasn't offended.

Terms like spic, shine, slope, etc. have always been taken in a negative connotation by those it was directed at. I would like to think that us, as a society, are better than that.

But, I will say that we've come a long way towards being more tolerant of others. All I'm suggesting is that the government shouldn't be giving sanction to names that can be considered offensive to a significant group of people. That's (very simplified) what a trademark is doing. Personally, if they want to use the name to identify themselves, have at it. The court of public opinion will ultimately decide whether or not they succeed.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Wow! I'm surprised and so happy that I could take a couple seconds of my time last night and post up something that gets people thinking in here. The Slants have given IRON a bit of a shot in the arm today.

Listen up... if I was to name my band today it would not be The Slants, Butthole Surfers, The Redskins, or Violent Femmes. Although I would be tempted to call it The Deplorables, and Gringos would be pretty cool. The point is it's not the job of the Federal Government to force nice on the American people. Part of being an American is freedom to be who you are. You can get rich selling a pill targeting the calorically challenged, or you can get rich selling a pill targeting the grossly fat. It looks like the Supreme Court agrees with me. If we charge the law to begin limiting free speech on the opinions of a politically appointed individual we're in real trouble as Americans. I believe that is the goal of Progressives... to change our country into their country.

This graph test you guys are doing... I'll do mine now! :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
I've all ready trademarked "The Deplorables." If you want the name you'll have to pay me handsomely. :P

I'd so listen to a band called that.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

On an unrelated note, I think the "Basket of Deplorables" comment played a major part in Hillary losing the elections. It pushed many fence-sitters to the other side, and caused many on the other side to double down on Trump.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

For some reason the picture will not post for me. I thought some of the questions were vague or too broad. I do have strong opinions and this explains how strong the scoring was. It must have been the drug questions... they called it "drug use" which is wrong because we all use drugs. They should have called it "drug abuse" but I guess that would be judgmental. I believe drug abuse to be horribly destructive, but that all comes from personal experience. I'm a little disappointed... I guess I'm more of a Statist than I thought. Enjoy ripping me apart over these results.

Neo-Conservatism

Economic Axis: Capitalist... Markets 80.5%

Diplomatic Axis: Nationalist... Nation 80.9%

Civil Axis: Statist... Authority 60.8%

Societal Axis: Traditional... Tradition 65%

This was fun! :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

I'm surprised to see that according to this, you are a statist. I thought you hated state authority.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I'm surprised to see that according to this, you are a statist. I thought you hated state authority.

I think some of the Civil Axis questions might not be calculated correctly. I agreed with some points that Progressives tend to push for. But the ones I did agree with, I only agreed with it to the point of the Government having little to no involvement. I'm beginning to think some of those questions were inadvertently implying Government intervention even if the question didn't actually state it specifically.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users