Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Trek: Discovery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583
  • Squadron:Kilo

Is any one else watching this abomination?

Before you ask, no I'm not paying for CBS All Access....or what ever the hell its called.  Its being broadcast on the Space channel here in Canada. https://www.space.ca/

My reaction: junk, absolute junk.  Words cannot express how much I despise it.  It is not Star Trek.  They have re-imagined those god awful JJ Abrams reboots.  As far as I'm concerned there's a special place in hell for him.

I am a hard core Treker...call me a Trekkie and I'll put my foot so far up your ass you'll taste leather.  Here's what I hate.  I'm going to let my nerd flag fly...feel free to ask me about my Worgen Rouge!

Non canon uniforms.  Evidently this piece of shit is anywhere between 10 to 50 years before Kirk's command of the Enterprise.  So why the hell are they not wearing the uniforms that are portrayed in the TOS?  Why are they wearing the Enterprise insignia?  The Enterprise insignia wasn't adopted as a universal insignia for all of Star Fleet until the successful conclusion of Kirk's first five year mission.  Before that each star ship had it's own badge, as shown in "Charlie X", "The Doomsday Machine", "The Omega Glory", "The Ultimate Computer", and "The Tholian Web".

I hate all of the charters.  Good god, they are all shallow, and one dimensional.  Michael Burnham has one of two modes.  Angry and Moody. 

Captain Lorca, "We have to win the war at all costs"  

That bloody cadet Burnham shares a room with.  Damned if I can remember her name...I've been calling her Redheaded Idiot.  Obnoxious, whiny and  a graduate of the Star Fleet Academy Special Needs Program.  I'm waiting for her to cry about her triggers and demand a "safe space".

Those are only the ones I can remember. 

The Klingons...why?  Why did they did they have to do that to the Klingons?  I know that the politics of Star Trek has always been to the left of center. 

I know that the various races in Star Trek have been used as allegories for real life politics.  In the TOS, the Klingons were used as allegories for the USSR.  But to cast them as Donald Trump supporters?  Yes, I'm serious.  http://www.businessinsider.com/star-trek-discovery-klingon-slogan-similar-to-trump-maga-2017-9

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't want the ideology of a bunch of Hollywood hypocrites rammed down my throat.  Not when I want to fly among the stars with my favourite franchise.

That's what pisses me off the most.  I hate the fact that these fucktards have cast the Klingons as a bunch of despicable people as imagined by a bunch of celbutards that have no idea of what real life is like.  A bunch of rich assholes who think they know better than us working class stiffs.

I'm about to bear my soul here.  I'm going to tell you somethings that I've never told anyone else.  It hurts me personally that the idiots  who made this disgrace have diminished the Klingons. 

In High School I was mercilessly bullied.  I was in to science fiction, video games, and computers before it was cool.  I was beaten up, I had my gym clothes stolen, I was called gay, I was treated as less than a person.  I thought about suicide many times.  It was the Klingons, more specifically Mr. Worf (as pathetic as that sounds), that gave me the courage to survive.  Here was a people I could look up to, a person that I could emulate.  A person that withstood all the slings and arrows of fate, and still stood strong and proud.  Mr. Worf gave me strength.  

I'll be damned if I'll watch or support a show that degenerates the magic that Star Trek represents.

My only reaction to this thing is: "I'm done."

TLDR, it's awful, don't waste your time.  Given they are going to be running this thing against "The Walking Dead", and it costs (reportedly), six million dollars a episode.  It's done, and so am I.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493

SOooo... what would be the "upside" of anyone telling you they watched the show?  Just sayin'

Glad you found your way.  :dwarf:

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

I have been wanting a series based off of one of the wars that focused more on the war side. DS-9 was an attempt but it kept forcing in traditional star trek, and by traditional star trek I mean horrible filler arcs, even die hard fans of the series can admit that.

This seems more focused but the main character is terrible. I don't like her acting style, her lines or anything about her actually and I wonder if she only got the job because they felt obligated on having a black woman being focus. If they wanted a non-white actress then fine, but they should have gotten someone good to do it, work on merits instead of appearances; especially for the person who is supposed to keep you locked into the show. 

Most my annoyances don't even deal with the huge cannon flaws you have pointed out. They are making a show for a fanatical fan-base and don't even do any research. It is vexing to even think about the budget they had and the fact that it could have been done better just by kidnapping a few of the fans from comic con  and had them fact check things before going forward.

I was called gay

Dude, if it wasn't clear that they are worthless human beings from the fact that they would associate something as manly as Star Trek, video games(in the 80s-90s), and computers (again during the 80s-90s, ahh equality...) speaks even more volumes on how they should not be even worth the memory.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Seen some footage of the show, but haven't watched a full episode. I will admit I am rather put off by the tech, uniforms, and overall feel of the show appearing like its straight out of the Abrams universe. Considering the Abrams reboots have yet to actually happen. I understand that some things have to be changed for modernized entertainment purposes, but some of these changes are really drastic.

At least they kept the ship size consistent with the original NCC-1701.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users