Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Santa Fe High School Shooting

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

It's never going to happen period. Leaving aside all the usual issues with the death penalty, there's literally no possible way for the ruling to be challenged absent changing the constitution to abolish the 8th amendment. Any time the state sought to assemble a death-qualified jury, it would be denied. If it was somehow allowed, it would immediately be thrown out as a mistrial. No appeals court would allow it. I strongly doubt the supreme court would even elect to hear the case, let alone hand down anything like writ of certiorari needed to hurry it through. The supreme court has slapped down every single thing that has gotten even close to touching the Roper v. Simmons decision.

I believe you are totally correct. I think they will take his confession and throw him in prison for the rest of his life.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

It's never going to happen period. Leaving aside all the usual issues with the death penalty, there's literally no possible way for the ruling to be challenged absent changing the constitution to abolish the 8th amendment. Any time the state sought to assemble a death-qualified jury, it would be denied. If it was somehow allowed, it would immediately be thrown out as a mistrial. No appeals court would allow it. I strongly doubt the supreme court would even elect to hear the case, let alone hand down anything like writ of certiorari needed to hurry it through. The supreme court has slapped down every single thing that has gotten even close to touching the Roper v. Simmons decision.

I believe you are totally correct. I think they will take his confession and throw him in prison for the rest of his life.

Specifically what he'll get is life with the [airquotes]possibility[/airquotes] of parole in 15 years (Graham v. Florida and Miller v. Alabama ruled life without parole for juveniles in violation of the 8th. Turns out the supreme court thought using three strikes or accessory to laws to sentence a 15 year old to life was bullshit, go figure). 

Of course people serving a life sentence tend to get paroled at about the same rate as someone wins the lottery. So after 15 years, the parole board will take a good honest and through look at his case and then tell him to go sit in his box for another 5 years.

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It doesn't matter what I think, but I would believe 10 counts of first degree murder would get him 10 consecutive 15 year sentences. They will do everything they can to make sure this guy never gets out. He may be killed in prison... he killed teenage girls. That doesn't sit well with many people.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

17 were killed and 17 wounded in parkland. 10 killed here and hopefully 10 wounded here. Parkland had an AR, Sante Fe had a shotgun, revolver, and bombs. 34 victims are more than 20, and only one of them had an AR. There is a clear difference in destructive power between an automatic with a medium/large size mag. 

A- none of the shootings used an automatic weapon, and at close range like in a classroom setting

B- 34 victims are more than 20, but look at response times.  At parkland, the officers ran away from the shooter.  at Santa Fe, the school officers engaged.  In a classroom, at short range, a shotgun could have easily caused just as much and if not more carnage than an AR-15.  

And to the death penalty thing, it was determined that executing a juvenile is cruel and unusual and a violation of the 8th amendment, because apparently their brains are not developed.  Furthermore, he has to have the possibility of parole after 40 years because of the same 8th amendment. So this scum bag will probably get out of jail at the age of 57.   I am sorry but the senseless murder of 10 people and attempted murder of 10 more should not excuse you from the death penalty, regardless of age.  But the law is the law.  I hope he finds some justice at the end of a shank in prison

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

A- none of the shootings used an automatic weapon, and at close range like in a classroom setting

I was under the impression that the parkland shooter used a bump stock which makes it close to automatic.

B- 34 victims are more than 20, but look at response times.  At parkland, the officers ran away from the shooter.  at Santa Fe, the school officers engaged.  In a classroom, at short range, a shotgun could have easily caused just as much and if not more carnage than an AR-15.  

yeah I didn't take that into account. Maybe the biggest thing is having school officers that actually protect the children like they did in Santa Fe.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

I think the Vegas shooting was the bump stocks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

If my kids were still young enough to still be in school, they would be pulled out a couple years ago, and I would be teaching them myself. The entire way our children are educated, must be changed. The days of the large open campus, and freedom to walk in and out as we please, are over. Localize the schools to neighborhood level. Smaller schools. Less staff. Harden the facilities. Create education buildings. Eliminate all social aspects in school. It's education... not fun, games, and lunch. Minimize government influence and responsibility. It's not a day care center for babysitting. Open more options... night school, online classes... we must change.

you really think that's the solution?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

MsShawdi

MsShawdi

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 761 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588453
  • Discord ID:MsShawdi

All these shootings are so very sad, and they do need to stop.

I can say with almost 100% certainty though that even if Lys' idea for a school was implemented, it wouldn't stop them.

Banning every gun that exists won't stop them either.

This is a people issue!

Not a gun or school set up issue. We, as humans, should all pay closer attention and search for the signs of the issues that cause most of these shootings. We know that bullies are a huge factor in them, so all of us parents and parents to be need to really focus on teaching our kids that we are all equals. Just because this kid or that kid has more or less than you doesn't make them less of a human. The biggest problem I have seen with the bullies is that part of the tactic is to threaten harm should the victim "snitch". These kids need to know that telling adults what is happening is the the correct thing to do. But, more importantly, the kids need to be made to feel safe in telling whats going on, and to have the confidence that the adult will protect them and will also address whatever issue there is.

Almost every single shooting has the basic same story.. Person was bullied, no one stepped in to help. They showed all the red flags for the mental illnesses, and that they were making plans (most of which now days was posted on social media), and nobody did anything to help them. The parents couldn't be bothered with paying attention and listening to the kids issues. I feel that had the parents in almost every case payed the proper attention and stepped in to help the kiddos, a lot of these shootings wouldn't have happened. Parents really need to spend way more time talking with and listening to their kids concerns.

I just had a situation, not even a month ago, where an adult made a very out of line comment to my child. What did I do? Well, this person was told if they contact me, or try to come to my home, I will contact the authorities and they will be handled accordingly. My child, while she is upset to have "caused problems", she has been reassured many times that she did the right thing in telling myself and my husband, so that we could cut ties with that adult. I do not want my child becoming a statistic, so she knows she can talk to me about any issues she has, and I will do everything I can to help her in any way.

I honestly feel though, that had the "shooters" had more attentive & caring parents, the signs would have been caught, and help could have been provided. And I realize it isn't all on the parents, every single human that saw the alarming posts, and the warning signs should have definitely stepped up and said something!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

All these shootings are so very sad, and they do need to stop.

I can say with almost 100% certainty though that even if Lys' idea for a school was implemented, it wouldn't stop them.

Banning every gun that exists won't stop them either.

This is a people issue!

Not a gun or school set up issue. We, as humans, should all pay closer attention and search for the signs of the issues that cause most of these shootings. We know that bullies are a huge factor in them, so all of us parents and parents to be need to really focus on teaching our kids that we are all equals. Just because this kid or that kid has more or less than you doesn't make them less of a human. The biggest problem I have seen with the bullies is that part of the tactic is to threaten harm should the victim "snitch". These kids need to know that telling adults what is happening is the the correct thing to do. But, more importantly, the kids need to be made to feel safe in telling whats going on, and to have the confidence that the adult will protect them and will also address whatever issue there is.

Almost every single shooting has the basic same story.. Person was bullied, no one stepped in to help. They showed all the red flags for the mental illnesses, and that they were making plans (most of which now days was posted on social media), and nobody did anything to help them. The parents couldn't be bothered with paying attention and listening to the kids issues. I feel that had the parents in almost every case payed the proper attention and stepped in to help the kiddos, a lot of these shootings wouldn't have happened. Parents really need to spend way more time talking with and listening to their kids concerns.

I just had a situation, not even a month ago, where an adult made a very out of line comment to my child. What did I do? Well, this person was told if they contact me, or try to come to my home, I will contact the authorities and they will be handled accordingly. My child, while she is upset to have "caused problems", she has been reassured many times that she did the right thing in telling myself and my husband, so that we could cut ties with that adult. I do not want my child becoming a statistic, so she knows she can talk to me about any issues she has, and I will do everything I can to help her in any way.

I honestly feel though, that had the "shooters" had more attentive & caring parents, the signs would have been caught, and help could have been provided. And I realize it isn't all on the parents, every single human that saw the alarming posts, and the warning signs should have definitely stepped up and said something!

awe look at this!!! My wife and I are in 100% agreement and have the same thoughts!  How cute! 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

We spend way too much money on schools, supplies, teachers, busing, food... and it creates this insane reliance on this government institution to take responsibility for the care, safety, and upbringing of every child born. We are still dragging every kid by force to a central location... sometimes miles from where they live, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 9 months per year, by bus, bike, feet, or car... and place them in the care of... who? We don't really know. This is the same way it's been done... since schools were invented?

Learning is not that hard. We have numerous ways for kids to learn now, and a series of tests can determine how much they know. This government baby sitting and brain indoctrination system we have now, should end as fast as it can be humanly restructured into a modern education system.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Someone run the numbers, can the US pay 1 parent of each family to do homeschooling from the current education budget. Cause that is what you are proposing.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Someone run the numbers, can the US pay 1 parent of each family to do homeschooling from the current education budget. Cause that is what you are proposing.

It's not the job of the US to pay parents to take care of their kids. It's the job of parents to take care of their kids. You sound pretty socialist. Anyone that said to me as a parent that it takes a village... I told them to keep their village away from my kids.

The parents of every child that has either been killed, wounded, or so much as put in danger during a mass shooting event should file suit against every teacher, administrator, union, union official, elected politician, school board, police department, security guard, crossing guard, bus driver... even hall monitors... for negligence and selling everyone the false promise that they can keep children safe. It's a lie, and they are responsible for that. After a few trillion dollars in judgments... maybe the government will realize that our children are not a very good business to get involved in, and they will come up with a better way to educate... and minimize their exposure and responsibility.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

Not sure how this has become a discussion on education but my 2 cents...

The world is too interconnected so no matter how much you wish to educate your children in a bubble they will inevitably be exposed to the greater world in time. Humans are social by nature and only through external stimulus can we expand our knowledge and understanding, especially culturally. While it's agreed by everyone that public schools are not the best means of formal education they do teach social skills and provide opportunities that alone most households would be incapable of providing. While I would agree it isn't the government's job to ensure that each child gets an education it is in the best interest of society as a whole to work together to educate children as they are the necessary workforce and foundation of our future. Pooling resources, in our case that is through public schools, are the means by which we do that.

The parent's job is to instill in their children the ethics and morals by which to guide their life, no single individual knows all subjects nor is everyone skilled at passing along knowledge to others. Educating and growing in isolation will eventually reach a point of stagnation, history has proven that. Only through the sharing of ideas and working as part of a larger group can we, society and humanity as a whole, continue to advance, improve, and overcome the ever increasingly difficult challenges we face as we move into the future.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Not sure how this has become a discussion on education

It did not become a discussion on education. It's a discussion about securing public schools so children are not forced by law to be dragged every day into a shooting gallery. They take responsibility to keep kids safe, and they fail. It's not the fault of the Constitution. It's not the fault of legal gun owners. It's not the fault of the NRA. Hell, it's not even the fault of criminals that possess guns. They are not sneaking in a shotgun and killing kids.

It's the same thing as if a kid drove a car into a school, down the hall, and killed a bunch of kids. It's the schools fault for allowing a car to get into the hall. It's not the fault of everyone in the country that owns a car. This is obviously a situation that will continue to happen as long as we keep things the way they have always been done. It's open season on schools, because the schools are easy to do it to.

Treat this like 9/11/01. When that happened, all airports were closed and refitted against it. They opened back up 5 days later, and it's never happened again... and there isn't even a law requiring us to get on a plane.

Plus, I hear things about how he was bullied. I don't care if 5 jocks pulled down his pants, and the entire school laughed at him... it's not an excuse for him to kill people. It's the motive. I am 5'5" tall as an adult, and growing up I heard every short, shrimp, and midget joke in the book. I never thought about killing anyone because I was bullied and teased. I did have an older brother... they didn't like dealing with him.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

9/11 and airport retrofits did nothing to stop anything. The TSA and all those additional visible "security measures" are nothing but security theater done to make people feel better through the illusion of increased security. All that happened post 9/11 was the government used the fear of the people to pass through measures that are needlessly intrusive and violate the constitutional rights of Americans. So I'm unsure how treating this like post 9/11 airports will help anything?

Statistically, the chances of anyone getting shot in a school is almost nothing. To devote millions to retrofit schools, whatever that even means, would frankly be an enormous waste of resources.

People become emotionally charged when something can pose a risk that they haven't already assimilated and accepted in their life and that becomes doubly true when kids are involved. Fear is a poor driver of policy...

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

9/11 and airport retrofits did nothing to stop anything.

I think you could be right about that, but the fact remains that it hasn't happened again. The government has to do something to keep murder out of schools. If someone gets killed, it should never be on government property, while they are in government care. Blaming guns is a deflection. Too much money is made off the education system, and there is high motivation to not change that.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507

I think you could be right about that, but the fact remains that it hasn't happened again. The government has to do something to keep murder out of schools. If someone gets killed, it should never be on government property, while they are in government care. Blaming guns is a deflection. Too much money is made off the education system, and there is high motivation to not change that.9/11 and airport retrofits did nothing to stop anything.

9/11 happened because very few securities factors took hijackings seriously as a threat. Something to be prevented sure, but the goal of hijackings in the past was to take hostages and try some sort of extortion. As such the response at the time was to let the hijackers have their way and then get the plane on the ground. Almost all hijackers fail at that point, and no point provoking them into killing people. 9/11 style attacks and hijackings in general are almost entirely prevented by changing that response.

Other attacks are pretty much uniformly prevented by soft measures. post 9/11 the FBI and the various security organizations have stepped their game way the hell up and have managed to step on something like 80% of all known planned attacks before they were close to getting off the ground.

Finally 9/11 triggered a monumental shift in culture, in how everyone in America views potential terrorism. Despite media prattling about America under attack or whatever, there is essentially no support amongst any group the USA, and there is a large push to bringing potential threats to light. In almost every successful attack, the threat was known, but the government had insufficient information to act.

The TSA has played little role in this, and what role they do play has little to do with the continual and absurd expansion of their powers. infact the TSA and it's failings are one of the better current examples of how defensive and reactive strategies don't work.

gun culture in the USA is broken. Regardless of individuals, the net culture both lacks responsibility and glorifies violence.  Until people want to confront this, one way or another, we will keep seeing this narrative play out. "Young disaffected male who probably should never have had unsupervised access to guns kills people because violence is a way to assert his identity and/or take revenge for perceived wrongs." sums up damn near every one of these cases. The attacks aren't random, the problem doesn't exist on this scale anywhere else western world and the issue is systematic. It's also relativity new

Festung Amerika is not an answer.  If schools aren't a target, malls will be. if those aren't libraries will be. if those aren't, gyms will be.

And lys, yes you've made this into a discussion of education. You're blithely suggesting something that would result in the utter demolition of the American education system. It is what American excellence is built on, and for all it's numerous faults remains one of the best such systems in the world. It is, quite literally what the American golden age was built on. What your proposing is sacrificing something that has had close to 2 centuries of continual success  to "solve" a problem that only exists in the last 30 years. LBJ, both Roosevelts, Eisenhower, along with a whole history of some of the greatest people in America going back to the 13 colonies who established the foundation of what exists today have all supported public education for a reason.

lets take a personal example from you. You've mentioned your experience in a military school and how it benefited you. Do you think you'd have gotten that if you'd been stuffed into a room and gotten math lessons or whatever of a screen? I guarantee one of the first thing they emphasized to you was the importance of being part of something larger than yourself. There's no room for that in what your proposing, and that's the least of what you want to do away with.

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Education really started to be a money sink when the economy made single working parent family's into both parents working just to survive.

Schools are about pooling resources and knowledge to educate the kids going to it, it is a pillar of our western society. And yes schools are a social policy, cause it is about society. Could you stop being scared of the things that are actually older the you?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

And lys, yes you've made this into a discussion of education. You're blithely suggesting something that would result in the utter demolition of the American education system. It is what American excellence is built on, and for all it's numerous faults remains one of the best such systems in the world. It is, quite literally what the American golden age was built on. What your proposing is sacrificing something that has had close to 2 centuries of continual success to "solve" a problem that only exists in the last 30 years.

I agree with most everything you have said. The TSA is just another waste of taxpayer money. The responsibility of passenger safety is on the airlines, and the cost of that should be absorbed by the people that buy tickets to fly on planes. I don't believe our education system is anywhere near efficient. Since the Department of Education came to be, we continuously throw more and more money at the problem, and receive less and less positive results. What I have seen coming out of our public schools the past 20 years frightens me. Perfect example... 30 year old that has to be evicted from his parents house.

We will not solve the problems on the IRON forum, but I believe we live in a time where kids are growing up in a culture of no responsibility, low discipline, lack of respect for others, brutal social media, glorified violence, and an unfettered desire for instant gratification. We are failing the future, and I'm not saying all of them... it's just the small percentage that will sink the ship.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users