Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The End of Gun Control

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

The liberal dream of banning guns is over... and it's pretty much all over the world.

We can now print our own guns, right at home, and it's the 1st Amendment that is making it possible. Want an AR-15? Grab the plans off the internet and with a 3D printer... boom, there it is... and they're cheap too.

The gun control looneys are losing their minds right about now.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/20/this-marks-end-gun-control.html

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

We've been able to print out own guns from home for years. Here is one instance from 2 years ago.

I like how often Fox news brings up old news and acts like its something revolutionary.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

We've been able to print out own guns from home for years. Here is one instance from 2 years ago.

I like how often Fox news brings up old news and acts like its something revolutionary.

The article isnt saying we can finally print guns at home.  It actually points out that printing was possible as far back as 2013.  What the article is mainly pointing out is the Justice Department has said sharing instructions for how to print guns at home is protected by the first amendment

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I think the printing plans for that very gun in the video (or something very similar) have been around for even longer than that. Old news. It's also old news that sharing the plans is protected under the first amendment. At least that's what they said the case was way back then. I guess this ran a few lapses in courts and it's still the case. More at 11.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

I think the printing plans for that very gun in the video (or something very similar) have been around for even longer than that. Old news.

the plans itself is not the news.  The big thing to take away from the article is its very first line:"The federal government has finally recognized the obvious – that sharing instructions on how to make guns with 3D printers counts as constitutionally protected speech."  

This is what Lysistrata is pointing out.   Not that we can print guns, but that it is unconstitutional to restrict sharing the instructions on how to do so.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The news is not that we can do it. The news is they can't stop it. The DOJ had to acually pay the plaintiffs their $40,000 in legal fees. This changes everything in the gun debate. All regulations, on pretty much everything, are dependent on regulation of the manufacture and sale of goods under the commerce clause of the Constitution. When something can be made anywhere, and it's made for personal use, there is no possible way to tax and regulate the goods.

Example: I have smoked cigarettes my entire life. There is not a product on the market that is more taxed and regulated than tobacco. I was done paying these ridiculous prices for a small box of dried vegetation, paper, and a filter. Several years ago I started to make my own. When I started this, the price of a simple carton was about $65.00, and I would have to buy 3 of those every month. Because I make my own, I do not have to pay all the manufacture and sale tax. It costs me about $180.00 per year because I make them myself. That's less than when I was a kid when I was stupid enough to start in the first place.

Now that it is absolutely useless to attempt to track, stamp, label, log, and store all the data on the manufacture and sale of every gun... we now have to approach things the way we were always supposed to. We now have to accept guns as a normal piece of everyday technology, and teach every human being all the proper uses... and what never to do with them.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

The article isnt saying we can finally print guns at home.  It actually points out that printing was possible as far back as 2013.  What the article is mainly pointing out is the Justice Department has said sharing instructions for how to print guns at home is protected by the first amendment

My bad, usually I don't bother reading more than a sentence from that news source since its inane prattle trying to push an agenda. On the subject of the Justice Department having said that the instructions are protected by the 1st Amendment I wonder how this will impact the printed gun mod community. People print out crazy stuff to put on their guns. 

Now that it is absolutely useless to attempt to track, stamp, label, log, and store all the data on the manufacture and sale of every gun... we now have to approach things the way we were always supposed to. We now have to accept guns as a normal piece of everyday technology, and teach every human being all the proper uses... and what never to do with them.

obviously we ban bullets now! /satire

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
I read about this as soon as the news broke. I am very tempted to pick up a mid end 3D printer to experiment with parts. Most of the stuff like printed Magazines fall apart very quickly, but stuff like grips, handles, and other minor accessories are decent quality.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

My bad, usually I don't bother reading more than a sentence from that news source since its inane prattle trying to push an agenda. On the subject of the Justice Department having said that the instructions are protected by the 1st Amendment I wonder how this will impact the printed gun mod community. People print out crazy stuff to put on their guns. 

well it protects your rights to share instructions.  It doesnt let you print a suppressor and put it on a gun, or print yourself a SBR or rocket launcher.  you would still have to go through all the hoops to legally own something of that nature

I could send you the instructions on how to print a short barreled rifle and there would be no repercussions, but if you printed it without a form four or getting the stamp for a firearms trust, you would still be breaking the law

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

I could send you the instructions on how to print a short barreled rifle and there would be no repercussions, but if you printed it without a form four or getting the stamp for a firearms trust, you would still be breaking the law

In Oregon you can make a firearm and not have to report it because of a loop hole. You have to have the minimum barrel length still unless you make one that is classified as a pistol.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

you would think with how liberal the west coast is, that loop hole would be closed lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

My bad, usually I don't bother reading more than a sentence from that news source since its inane prattle trying to push an agenda.

Yes, I'm very familiar with those in our country that their only source of information comes from sources that will only cover, inform, and distribute what they want you to hear. It's because they are pushing an agenda.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

You people have weird "Ha, first amendment baby, boo yeah!" reactions to stuff the rest of the world wouldn't even consider being about "speech".

That said, I'd be more worried about the safety of the people trying to print and use one. As foolish as building your own rocket I guess...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I'd be more worried about the safety of the people trying to print and use one.

That's exactly what we're worried about, but we don't create some new congressional legislative power out of thin air to stamp out a new technology because it can be used to commit crime... every technological advancement can be used for evil... this technology I'm chatting on called the internet can destroy more lives in seconds than any firearm. When you can no longer control the tech, you must come up with new methods of assisting the population to live in peace with the tech. We have been dealing with the same problem since we discovered how to light things on fire.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

And such effort would entail the creation of a gov dep that can certify a "correct" blueprint.

I completly follow your reasonings about new tech, just don't think this won't lead to some doors being busted if a more shady side of this rolls around.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Well this issue is starting to crank into overdrive. Congress needs to understand that throwing a fit, or blaming Trump, will do nothing. They need to figure out a different way to keep up with technology. The blame is where it always should have been... it's never been the tool, but the people using the tool. Things are changing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/dems-lash-out-at-trump-over-3d-gun-decision-call-settlement-death-warrant.html

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

DEFCAD gets to re release their files tomorrow.

What is most comical is the opposition is fighting to stop ONE ENTITY from releasing these files publicly. While DEFCAD had already posted multiple firearm related files, the Liberator pistol was publicly posted on May 5th (some sources say it was on the 6th) 2013. On May 9th 2013, the US State Department ordered the STL files be removed and DEFCAD complied. Those files having been available for only several days, were plastered all over The Pirate Bay and other torrent websites. FOSSCAD was then subsequently created by a different group with their files posted on GitHub. In other words, no one needs DEFCAD in order to get these files. Politicians are losing their minds over what DEFCAD is doing tomorrow, but they fail to see that anyone with a brain and some knowledge of the internet can already find and download these files from other sources.

You can't stop the signal.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

And here we go... a Federal Judge in... wait for it... Seattle! The 9th Circuit is at it again. These are the same people that unanimously passed a city ordinance to tax wealthy companies around $300.00 per employee, per year, to take care of the homeless... and then rapidly repealed it the next month because they would all be moving out. These people are the definition of stupidity. "We have a big problem with people shitting on the sidewalk... I know what to do! Let's ban straws!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/federal-judge-blocks-release-3d-printed-gun-plans-for-time-being.html

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Activist judges are a stain on our country.  End of story.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

And here we go... a Federal Judge in... wait for it... Seattle! The 9th Circuit is at it again. These are the same people that unanimously passed a city ordinance to tax wealthy companies around $300.00 per employee, per year, to take care of the homeless... and then rapidly repealed it the next month because they would all be moving out. These people are the definition of stupidity. "We have a big problem with people shitting on the sidewalk... I know what to do! Let's ban straws!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/federal-judge-blocks-release-3d-printed-gun-plans-for-time-being.html

I saw the headline on a a firearms blog, without even reading it I knew it had to be The Nutty 9th. :lol:

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users