Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Movies of 2018?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Guys post your favorite movies of 2018.

I hardly got to see any movies this year (two toddlers can really drain out all your free time) and would like to catch up on some of the good movies released this year. I have only watched the following this year:

1. Deadpool 2

2. Avengers: Infinity War

3. Antman and the Wasp

4. Black Panther

5. Upgrade

Have the following on the to-watch list (reviews?)

1. Alpha

2. Sicario 2

3. Venom

4. Mission Impossible: Fallout

Anything else I really should have watched?

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

NabuPilasar

NabuPilasar

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 505 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577552
  • Souls Baptized:1,718,924
Seems like you're an action movie guy, so disregard if you're not into drama or offbeat comedy.

It's a late addition to 2018, but I loved Netflix's The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Another quality movie also on Netflix is a scifi one called Other Life that was a great one for me.
Posted Image

Eat your broccoli

Nukes Taken (59) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nukes Given (69) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

10 nukes = 1 Posted ImageAs of 1.21.21

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Blackkklansman and A Quiet Place are very good

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Burned out on super heroes... but The Incredibles 2 was most enjoyable. Favorite of the year so far has been Bohemian Rhapsody, but if you're not a Queen fan it would be, far and away, a waste of time. If you are a Queen fan you will love it. I thought Ready Player One was very original. A Star is Born is worth watching. Most everything else I have seen was either awful or nothing special.

A Quiet Place began interesting, but got really annoying because it has no dialog or sound. By the time you find out that nothing will be explained, people are dead and it ends. I was happy to be able to speak once again, and that it was over.

Unfair for me to really pass judgment on many. I do wait for many movies to be available on Netflix before I see them. Waiting for Mission Impossible: Fallout... and FYI, Sicario: Day of the Saldado was good, but I thought the first one was better.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Seems like you're an action movie guy, so disregard if you're not into drama or offbeat comedy.

It's a late addition to 2018, but I loved Netflix's The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Another quality movie also on Netflix is a scifi one called Other Life that was a great one for me.

Basically a fan of superhero and sci-fi movies, but also watch dramas and historical movies as long as the story is good. Havent heard of either of these films so definitely will be checking these out.

and exactly the reason I posted this thread to get lead to good stories out there worth watching.

Blackkklansman and A Quiet Place are very good

Read good reviews on both so will be adding both to my watchlist as well. thanks!

Burned out on super heroes... but The Incredibles 2 was most enjoyable. Favorite of the year so far has been Bohemian Rhapsody, but if you're not a Queen fan it would be, far and away, a waste of time. If you are a Queen fan you will love it. I thought Ready Player One was very original. A Star is Born is worth watching. Most everything else I have seen was either awful or nothing special.

A Quiet Place began interesting, but got really annoying because it has no dialog or sound. By the time you find out that nothing will be explained, people are dead and it ends. I was happy to be able to speak once again, and that it was over.

Unfair for me to really pass judgment on many. I do wait for many movies to be available on Netflix before I see them. Waiting for Mission Impossible: Fallout... and FYI, Sicario: Day of the Saldado was good, but I thought the first one was better.

Dont watch animated movies. I think the last one I watched was wall-e  :P

not a queen fan, so will skip the queen movie.

Heard of both Ready Player One and A Star is Born. The Spielberg movie I will definitely check out, but not sure about the star is born. Not too big on romantic-music related movies.

Also heard that Sicario 2 isnt as good as the first one, but Sicario 1 was pretty awesome, so will watch part 2 anyway.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

ps: just checked out Ballad of Buster Scruggs ....a Coen brothers film! biiig fan of their movies..dont know how this movie passed under my radar. Will definitely be watching this.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

NabuPilasar

NabuPilasar

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 505 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577552
  • Souls Baptized:1,718,924

ps: just checked out Ballad of Buster Scruggs ....a Coen brothers film! biiig fan of their movies..dont know how this movie passed under my radar. Will definitely be watching this.

Some of the best shooting & story telling I've seen in years. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Eat your broccoli

Nukes Taken (59) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nukes Given (69) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

10 nukes = 1 Posted ImageAs of 1.21.21

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
I can’t remember most of what I saw this year, but here’s what can think of that I really liked, no particular order
The Wife
The Mid 90s
Three Identical Strangers
Black Panther
Deadpool 2

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

dont know how this movie passed under my radar.

Because it was just released a week ago. I would have already watched it but I'm in the middle of the laborious task of reading all the subtitles in the new Narcos: Mexico series. Narcos is the only series I force myself to watch with subtitles, because it's always so good.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Also, if it wasn't for Gaga, A Star is Born would be just another remake with a worse ending... but she is truly talented.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Also, if it wasn't for Gaga, A Star is Born would be just another remake with a worse ending... but she is truly talented.

I was impressed with Gaga, but blown away by Cooper. Who knew he could sing ? But how many times must it be remade? Not my favorite movie of the year by a long shot.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I was impressed with Gaga, but blown away by Cooper. Who knew he could sing ? But how many times must it be remade? Not my favorite movie of the year by a long shot.

He should not have killed himself in their house. That was the most horrifying thing for her, and the worst possible way to end it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

He should not have killed himself in their house. That was the most horrifying thing for her, and the worst possible way to end it.

But then you wouldn’t have had the image of that poor, heartbroken doggie to wring tears from the audience.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Some of the best shooting & story telling I've seen in years. Enjoy!

Just saw it. It was very good as expected. I liked the 5th story the best. The 6th one went a bit over my head..I will probably need to watch that one again. 

I can’t remember most of what I saw this year, but here’s what can think of that I really liked, no particular order
The Wife
The Mid 90s
Three Identical Strangers
Black Panther
Deadpool 2

Havent heard of the first 3. Will check these out.

dont know how this movie passed under my radar.

Because it was just released a week ago. I would have already watched it but I'm in the middle of the laborious task of reading all the subtitles in the new Narcos: Mexico series. Narcos is the only series I force myself to watch with subtitles, because it's always so good.

Narcos is pretty awesome. Havent started watching the new season yet though.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I thought it was the most beautifully made pile of shit I've seen in a long time. No comparison to the Coen's "Fargo", "Miller's Crossing", or "No Country for Old Men". Netflix had some money to spend, they had some warped stories to tell and some time to burn, so we got this.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

So I caught up with some of the movies in my watchlist:

1. The Ballad of Buster Scrubbs - Loved it. Great short stories set in a great landscape (i love westerns) with characters you get to like even though you see them for like 10 mins. Rating 8/10

2. Alpha - It was good, but not as great I was hoping for. Story a bit weak but really loved some of the landscape shots. Rating 7/10

3. Blackkklansman - meh. Rating 6/10.

4. A Quite Place - I was thinking of not watching after 10 mins. Movie without any dialogues not my cup of tea, but however kept watching bc they kinda tried to keep things interesting with revealing about the monsters/aliens. Big gaping plot holes but satisfactory ending. Rating 7/10

5. Ready Player One - This was entertaining. For anyone who has played MMORPGs the movie will be instantly relatable. Not a bad plot although probably more directed towards teens. Rating 8/10.

Will be watching mission impossible next. Anymore recommendations?

Update

Watched:

1. Deadpool 2

2. Avengers: Infinity War

3. Antman and the Wasp

4. Black Panther

5. Upgrade

6. The Ballad of Buster Scrubbs

7. Alpha

8. Blackkklandsman

9. A Quiet Place

10. Ready Player One

To-watch List:

1. Mission Impossible: Fallout

2. Sicario 2

3. Venom

4. Other Life

5. The Wife
6. The Mid 90s 
7. Three Identical Strangers

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Gotta go back and think of ones I've seen  (I only watch when they get released to On Demand)

Deadpool 2 was great

3 Billboards (2017 not 2018, but good one)

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

4. A Quite Place - I was thinking of not watching after 10 mins. Movie without any dialogues not my cup of tea, but however kept watching bc they kinda tried to keep things interesting with revealing about the monsters/aliens. Big gaping plot holes but satisfactory ending. Rating 7/10

I torented it, and it came without subtitles :P

But A Star is Born was good, The Post was very good too, Crazy Rich Asians was surprisingly good, Phantom Thread

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:615789
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:lynnesanity#2762

Crimes of Grindlewald!

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

everyone needs to get ready for night time at lunch time so you can prepare for breakfast. The shield agents run on food

So what’s for lunch?

Tacos. Wal-mart truck meat tacos.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Crimes of Grindlewald!

was it good?  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users