Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[RO-03]Dawn of Justice - Mafia + Survivor Victory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
720 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo
Says the bastard mod.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
We HAVE to talk about Torres though lol. I mean he basically didn't even read his role PM (claimed he was blanket bulletproof when he was 1-shot after D2), never questioned how he wasn't pulling off a single vig attempt, played an entire game having no idea what half of his role even did, and then literally gave up at the end and watched town lose because they got confused at his half attempt to explain his role incorrectly. And that's not even getting into the fact that he was a town vig who tried to shoot people randomly every single night, which is a terrible strategy in any game, much less one where we had almost no town advantage anyway.

Honestly we shouldn't have had a chance regardless, and obviously there are a ton of other factors, but this crosses a line from not being serious and into genuinely sabotaging an entire game. I'm kind of at a loss, I can't fathom someone playing so badly lol, it almost has to be intentional.

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
So that's why he wasn't killing anyone.
He didn't have a shot.
He had just one shot on n3 and he used it on the commuter.
And the rest of the night he was blindly sending in actions

Why in the hell didn't Robert say anything when he sent in the night action on any of the other nights? Or maybe he did, and Torres didn't read it, which is honestly wotse
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Actually even though it may seem scum aligned game.
It's not actually.
Both the SKs were not at all good.
One didn't get a single kill right.
The other killed the most scummiest player in iron mafia history.
On paper, while it may seem scum aligned, it was town tilted in practice.
You had one of the best scum hunter(TW) virtually unkillable.

We had just one roleblocker. If anything, this game was heavily tilted against the Mafia team.

Town had multiple bulletproofs running around.
A strongman vig.
Doctor.

It's not our fault all the PRs went to either the most inactive players or the most loony players.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
That's kind of crap though lol. First of all there were only two bulletproofs, and one of them was brewers. I'll grant you that TW was basically invincible, but this is how the game stacked up.

1. brewersalliance - Survivor, 1x bulletproof
2. Torres951 - Vig, 1x bulletproof, 1x strongman
3. Lyner - jailer/RB when in scum team
4. Rafay - VT (Static Shock??), killed D4
5. The Warrior - commuter
6. MK - SK/Goon when in scum team
7. lilweirdward - Flavor Cop, 1x vig
8. Nadarr - SK, lynched D4
9. KevinH - Doctor, killed N3
10. Tony Maurice - friendly neighbor, killed N1
11. Velocity - SK, lynched D3

Tony being a friendly neighbor in a game with 5 out of 11 being non-town is ridiculous even if he didn't get killed N1. He had a 50% chance of telling scum that he was town lol, what good is that? Also Robert never posted Rafay's role so I'm assuming he was VT unless someone knows differently.

That effectively left town with a single cop (and only a flavor cop who got obscure information), a doctor, a commuter, and a vig. Even putting aside the way play unfolded, you can't seriously tell me that town ever had a serious chance in this setup. Not when scum had 1) an SK/goon + jailer/RB scum team, 2) an SK with an extra day shot, 3) ANOTHER SK, and 4) a bulletproof survivor. The only thing scum didn't have was an investigative role, but there was only one in the whole game so that doesn't hurt much. Obviously the scum were almost all in different factions, but with nearly half of the game being scum, most outcomes would've led towards town being wiped out and the game mostly being a matter of which scum faction(s) win.

In the end a win is a win, and technically we still had a chance at the end, so I'm not trying to take away from that. You did come out ahead of either of the other SKs, so it's not like it was a cake walk. I just don't see how anyone could suggest that town had much of a chance beyond getting a ton of luck (which outside of Kevin protecting MK and Torres being Torres, we kind of did).

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Welcome Lyner. You are Terra, part of the teen titans who has come to town after Robin has went missing. In my game, Terra is a Jailkeeper. You use your Rocks to block and defend a target. Should be interesting how you use your power. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. 

tbh if Brewers is being an ass it can also be town win

Lyner TW Brewers on last day

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Oh interesting, so you were a town jailkeeper until MK targeted you, which turned you into scum.

I guess maybe I can see how Robert thought this balanced it more but I think he should've made at least one of the SKs some sort of town role, or just standard 2nd member of scum team with Lyner secretly being recruitable. Still seems to easy to swing out of town's control, which it basically did after Rafay was killed.

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

I never really told rafay I was town, we thought about more people I should talk To and that we should work together if I recall

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

HERE IS MINE

Welcome Brewers. You are Volcana. (Please note she is one of my favorite characters). Volcana in my game is a 1 shot bulletproof Survivor. Your out for only yourself this game and your goal is to Survive. You win with ANY faction so long as your alive is all you care about. When game thread is posted, please make sure to read the rules as my games are not like the others played here. 

86bb9390226fdf0eb7aab8ee547bf778.jpg

I KNEW IT, 2 bulletproof is shady af

Should've called the bluff and force you to cooperate with mafia from the start of the day

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Well, mafia game theory says that if a survivor ever RC, then the RC is not for town to see, it's for the Mafia to see that the survivor is ready for a alliance.

You should have lynched brewers when you had the chance.
The night before last night,we decided to kill brewers last night, as he fulfilled his duty of helping me lynch Nadarr.
But then he RCed and so we decided to go with torres.
That failed.
We didn't decide to kill you last night, cause well, you seem more open to reason than Torres.
And thus more likely to believe tw was the sk all along.

But then Torres saved us yet again.

You managed to find the Inexperienced scum all alone after Nadarr's death making newbie choices to kill tw thread in there.
And well, the rest was easy.
Why in the world would you pick rafay to tell that you are town?
Could have picked Kevin.
He's really good at making devious plans.
And had an obvious "Town PR Kevin" vibe early on.
Also, the biggest bull wasn't the 2 shot bulletproof, but rather the unlimited strongman vig.

Also, he wasn't a jailkeeper.
He became a roleblocker.
And i was just a mafia goon.

And nadarr didn't have an extra day shot.
The day killing was her power.
You still can't get your head around this, can't you?
You still think that she killed both Kevin and rafay, don't you?
Even though i explicitly said that i killed Kevin.

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity
Welcome Volocity, you are Darkseid. Each night you may select a target to kill. In my game your a simple SK. You are a 2 shot bulletproof.

[insert darkseid png here]

Also, “Volocity”

My only attempted attack was on MK, the night he was saved from my dEstRuCtIvE bEaMs

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

has anyone pinged robert on discord?

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

HERE IS MINE

Welcome Brewers. You are Volcana. (Please note she is one of my favorite characters). Volcana in my game is a 1 shot bulletproof Survivor. Your out for only yourself this game and your goal is to Survive. You win with ANY faction so long as your alive is all you care about. When game thread is posted, please make sure to read the rules as my games are not like the others played here. 

86bb9390226fdf0eb7aab8ee547bf778.jpg

I KNEW IT, 2 bulletproof is shady af

Should've called the bluff and force you to cooperate with mafia from the start of the day

I was always planning on voting with you guys. the bluff was for a town vig :P  not my fault u guys fucked up your night kill that night :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

RIP, sorry for my inactivity. I litterally got busy with RL stuff to the point I even stopped streaming. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Very curious to hear your thoughts about how the setup played out. Also were there any hidden modifiers or conditions left in play, or is this the right outcome given the way the vote ended up?

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
Welcome KevinH, you are Ravan. In my game, Ravan is the town doctor. You heal somebody each night. (Self Explanatory). 

Night 1: Heal Velocity

Something went Wrong. Rocks Circle you. 

Night 2: Heal Lord MK

With the Disappearance of Terra, and all other Titans being Eliminated from the game. (And secret condition met), you gain a new ability to use. You were always tempered by your friends. With all your Friends hurt or knocked out. You become ENRAGED. You gain 2 shot Vig ability you can use allong with your Doctor ability. (Be warned though, hitting town will look like another villain has entered the scene due to your powers. I suggest you use it wisely, You'll remain town unlike another one of my roles I've created if a friendly vig kills a town).

Night 3:
Heal lilweirdward
Vig-kill Nadarr

Something went Horribly wrong. Your healing had no effect. 

I regret to inform you that you were knocked out within the night. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

There were some. I was expecting scum to hit each other more often.

SuperGirl acting like a SK:

Then the one town vig, not to act like a SK and trying to kill every night. 

Friendly neighborhood:

I didn't think the was as powerful as you said. They were merely introduced, and the person they were talking to was unable to claim. They could only discuss who they may of thought was scum, and basic chit chat for that night only. 

TW's Role:

When TW became"untargetable" was a balancing act. And he wasn't night immune. If he didn't submit an action, he could be killed that night, or if he used his secondary ablity, to peer into somebody's mind, to try to determine who they were, he could be killed that night as well. 

surprising luck for MK:

MK targeting and getting Terra early on was a surprise. I expected maybe n3 instead of N2.

Disappointing Darkside:

It also didn't help that one of the main bad guys didn't submit a NK, that would of caused more urgency I wanted. 

Unlucky/poor targets from Scarcrow:

ScareCrow I knew may of needed help this setup, but decided to keep targeting popular characters instead of people least likely to be killed, to get to his secret condition allot sooner. 

Players unable to make out hints:

There were many Bulletproof in this game, witch should of indicated MANY killing roles, along with some being untargetable should of indicated that as well. I said I did use characters that weren't in play. aka, the Joker. A popular role, but he was only referenced in the 3rd party in storys. 

Batman started strong, but ended up becoming useless because of Terra blocking. 

Rafay was a motivator. He couldn't give someone say 2 killing actions. but if they had both and investigative and killing, they could use both. Rafay seem to afraid to use it. It could of given the town say 2 healing, 2 investigative, 2 blocking, 2 people to talk to if they targeted starfire. Only scum he could of help was ScareCrow by allowing scarecrow to plant 2 bombs at night. So, I felt Rafay may of well been a Vannila townie as he didn't even target anybody as I recall. He had mostly upside for using his role. 

RCing this game came to a huge cost to Town early. 

Brewers being survivor bulletproof:  

With so many killing roles, and 3 scum factions, I needed a wildcard that wasn't going to probably die the first few nights. A 2 shot bullet proof was necessary otherwise, I feel, especially with how some of you guys play, it was the only way a Survivor would of had a chance in hell making it to the end game. When Brewers rolled the role, I knew 1 of his bulletproofs were going to be spent N1. Sure enough....I was willing to bet BOTH of his bullet proofs would of been spent N1. I think he was lucky he was only attacked once N1. It was also possible for him to still die in this setup in 1 night if all killing roles targeted brewers. In witch case I would of came out with a story of Hate Crime as people really wanted this person dead. Unless I purposely nerfed super girl cause of who got it. I forget. 

I didn't actually use my favorite role, the Follower. There were a few reasons, but mainly its because the community here. 

All that being said, I have a general understanding the average player here now and can balance allot better. I have to account for pure shenanigans by most of you out there. The way most player would play a role, isn't how some of you play or how I'd expect people to play a role. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

im shocked no one tried to kill me after night 1 lol

i thought i had no chance of winning this game.  i cant remember the last time i survived until endgame lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Well, tbh, i never try to kill brewers.
I'm more interested in killing nadarr and Velocity.
And NKing those won't spread the message.
And the only other person who sees the need to lynch those 2 is brewers.

"The way most player would play a role, isn't how some of you play or how I'd expect people to play a role. "
I just want to say this statement is meant mostly for Torres.
Lol

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Interesting, I think all of that makes sense. It definitely should've been a more exciting game for SKs, observers, and pretty much anyone not town aligned. You're right too that 2 bulletproofs and a commuter should've both balanced the game more and given town a clue what was going on, although to be fair one of those bulletproof players was neutral (and in effect scum aligned for a majority of the game), and no one RCed for most of the game which made it too late before anyone could've caught on and made use of the information.

I still stand by my assertion that it wasn't balanced, even with a game full of experienced players taking it seriously. It would've been difficult for any one scum faction to win, but there was such a high percentage of players that weren't town aligned that we were always going to have to have a nearly perfect game to win. Having one of the most powerful town aligned players basically play like scum, and another one not use their abilities a single time, both basically doomed what little chance we had.

The lore was really cool and it's a shame it ended this way regardless. Hopefully you get some time back in the future to mod a full game again, especially now that you have a better idea of the players to build around.

TL;DR: Someone please make Torres scum in a game just so I can feel good about killing him D1 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter