- I opted to have Lyner show up as green for two reasons:
- Lyner's actual character was Grant Ward. For those who haven't seen Agents of Shield at all: *SPOILER ALERT* Grant Ward is a Shield Agent that is revealed to be a Hydra implant. This was meant to be a bit of an easter egg in the game since it's a common theme in the MCU that Hydra had infiltrated Shield.
- Initially I was going to reveal Lyner actually as Grant Ward but I decided to reveal him as his safe claim instead after he lied about his role claim. I opted to reveal the safe claim because I figured the game would end way too soon if his actual name/role combo was revealed.
I will admit that revealing Lyner the way I did probably swung the game into the mafia's favor a bit but I didn't think it would be too bad when Lyner lied in his role claim before dying. I assumed the town would be wise enough to look closer at the results Lyner gave after his lie was revealed. Yes, it appeared that he was town on the surface but I am a firm believer in "Lynch All Liars" so I think the town shouldn't have given Kevin the free pass like they did. I was also very clear early on that no one should assume this game was "Normal".
- The town also had lilweirdward on the ropes early but completely "forgot" about it after Lyner slipped up trying to divert attention. I was baffled that the town never went back to lilweirdward after that.
- Then later in the game Robert (Role Cop) investigated lilweird as a JOAT and then lilweird scrambled to claim Robert was wrong. If nothing else I assumed this would be the nail in the coffin for lilweird but the town basically overlooked this too.
- Then there was Robert bringing up the "crystals" and "silver mist" and no one (except lilweird) paid any attention to it. Even as the game went on and more townies underwent "terrigenesis" no one ever went back to this and said "I believe Robert is town because..."
- Finally, on the last day both Finster and Tony had approval to share the contents of their personal role PM and waited until it was too late. They had pieces of the puzzle that could have helped the town lynch a scum and survive another day.
So even though Lyner's reveal tilted things in the scum's favor a bit there were a lot of missed clues and opportunities for the town to turn things around.