Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[TW-12] Agents of Shield Mafia - HYDRA WINS

[TW-12] Agents of Shield Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
575 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

Mod Notes:

• I opted to have Lyner show up as green for two reasons:
  1. Lyner's actual character was Grant Ward. For those who haven't seen Agents of Shield at all: *SPOILER ALERT* Grant Ward is a Shield Agent that is revealed to be a Hydra implant. This was meant to be a bit of an easter egg in the game since it's a common theme in the MCU that Hydra had infiltrated Shield.
  2. Initially I was going to reveal Lyner actually as Grant Ward but I decided to reveal him as his safe claim instead after he lied about his role claim. I opted to reveal the safe claim because I figured the game would end way too soon if his actual name/role combo was revealed.

I will admit that revealing Lyner the way I did probably swung the game into the mafia's favor a bit but I didn't think it would be too bad when Lyner lied in his role claim before dying. I assumed the town would be wise enough to look closer at the results Lyner gave after his lie was revealed. Yes, it appeared that he was town on the surface but I am a firm believer in "Lynch All Liars" so I think the town shouldn't have given Kevin the free pass like they did. I was also very clear early on that no one should assume this game was "Normal".

• The town also had lilweirdward on the ropes early but completely "forgot" about it after Lyner slipped up trying to divert attention. I was baffled that the town never went back to lilweirdward after that.
  • Then later in the game Robert (Role Cop) investigated lilweird as a JOAT and then lilweird scrambled to claim Robert was wrong. If nothing else I assumed this would be the nail in the coffin for lilweird but the town basically overlooked this too.
  • Then there was Robert bringing up the "crystals" and "silver mist" and no one (except lilweird) paid any attention to it. Even as the game went on and more townies underwent "terrigenesis" no one ever went back to this and said "I believe Robert is town because..."
  • Finally, on the last day both Finster and Tony had approval to share the contents of their personal role PM and waited until it was too late. They had pieces of the puzzle that could have helped the town lynch a scum and survive another day.

So even though Lyner's reveal tilted things in the scum's favor a bit there were a lot of missed clues and opportunities for the town to turn things around. 

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Okay, that's it.
I am killing rafay n1 if i get any kind of killing ability, scum, vig, whatever.

He primed me, the most active player in recent times and arguably one of the most logically playing ones.

All this time, i thought he changed, i guess not.
And thank you, lyner.
For being a good sport and taking out rafay.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
Yes it is towns fault for still thinking Kevin was confirmed town after lyner showed up green, but I think it did a LOT more than slightly tilting the game to scum. I honestly think it greatly skewed the game in scums favor at that point. He flipped a JOAT so I guess there is reasoning for why some people might have believed lyner's claim. He could have had a cop ability so turning him green was a ridiculous edge for the scum. And then using his safe claim made it even worse tbh. It lead everyone to assume the results were true. Should they have? No. But it 10000% created the atmosphere where Kevin was given a free pass. I am not happy at all with lyner flipping green and the explanation to it actually makes it even worse. I was expecting some sort of role that allowed a scum to be seen as town or something

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I told you the game wasn't normal. You of all people should be able to appreciate that after some of the games you've modded.

One of the most frustrating things for a mod to watch unfold in their game is to watch someone get away with an obvious lie. I want players to question and cross examine everything that occurs in a game of mafia. Don't take anything for granted and do your due diligence.

I took a few abnormal liberties in this game but there were still a lot of things in play that could have changed the outcome. Originally I was going to do a full no reveal game but decided that it would at least be easier if there was something to go off of. And btw Kevin would have still showed up as Hydra to a Cop investigation so the town could have caught him that way as well.

I'm also surprised no one ever thought "Damn there have been a lot of kills but no scum have been hit yet. That's weird." The odds of a game getting down to 5 players remaining without a single scum being hit are incredibly low. The game also started with 12 players. General rule of thumb (~25%) should have told everyone that there were at least 3 scum. Only having 2 scum in the game would have been ~16.7% scum which is really low. When the game didn't end with 5 players left it should have been more apparent that fewer scum remained than one would have expected. There were several indicators that things weren't all that they seemed to be.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Also, to be fair, the mafia had no idea that Lyner was going to turn up the way he did either. They were just as surprised. I also never told them why he was revealed the way he was or if he would stay that way so they had to be careful working around it as well.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

This game was Tilt-Mafia.

Then it became Lean-Mafia once I got killed by Lyner. Excellent move there. It was the game winning play. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I was skeptical of all the other results.  After voting on the last lynch, I was not sure we had actually won until The Warrior posted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

I told you the game wasn't normal. You of all people should be able to appreciate that after some of the games you've modded.

Yeah, in truth im just more mad that i was out of the game and wanted to scream at everyone for saying kevin was confirmed town but i couldnt because I was out of the game haha 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
If nothing else, this game should be a good reminder to everyone who's newer at mafia to take the game more seriously and not take information at face value. I think TW is right that there should have been enough clues to anyone willing to read between the lines, but we got lucky that most of the people experienced enough to do that were either in mafia or inactive. We had some pretty good strokes of luck with killing the arsonist and doctor the first two nights, plus role blocking never being used on us from what I can tell, so that helps and isn't a thing the mod can control.

That being said, IMO a game not being normal isn't an excuse to intentionally prevent the game from swinging out of mafia's control. There was no clear game mechanic (hidden or otherwise) that caused Lyner to flip as his town safe claim, and we put ourselves in an awful position by Lyner attempting to safe claim one of the other mafia as he was dying, and me being under pressure early on. I sympathize with wanting to avoid having scum get wiped out a few days in, but it's not fair to town to have the game partially taken out of their hands like that.

I shouldn't complain since I'm now on the score sheet lol. Just trying to be honest and fair. It was still a fun game that went down to the wire and was never over until the very end.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

If nothing else, this game should be a good reminder to everyone who's newer at mafia to take the game more seriously and not take information at face value. I think TW is right that there should have been enough clues to anyone willing to read between the lines, but we got lucky that most of the people experienced enough to do that were either in mafia or inactive. We had some pretty good strokes of luck with killing the arsonist and doctor the first two nights, plus role blocking never being used on us from what I can tell, so that helps and isn't a thing the mod can control.

That being said, IMO a game not being normal isn't an excuse to intentionally prevent the game from swinging out of mafia's control. There was no clear game mechanic (hidden or otherwise) that caused Lyner to flip as his town safe claim, and we put ourselves in an awful position by Lyner attempting to safe claim one of the other mafia as he was dying, and me being under pressure early on. I sympathize with wanting to avoid having scum get wiped out a few days in, but it's not fair to town to have the game partially taken out of their hands like that.

I shouldn't complain since I'm now on the score sheet lol. Just trying to be honest and fair. It was still a fun game that went down to the wire and was never over until the very end.

It was cause I was pushing it, everyone else just forgot, they don’t take me at any value :P

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I’m also surprised that no one whose role changed ever asked why. It was never brought up at all actually. I figured at least one person would try to figure out why.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

I thought about it, but figured it was part of the story line and rolled with it.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

And thank you, lyner.
For being a good sport and taking out rafay.

That's lww's idea I think kek

• The town also had lilweirdward on the ropes early but completely "forgot" about it after Lyner slipped up trying to divert attention. I was baffled that the town never went back to lilweirdward after that.
  • Then later in the game Robert (Role Cop) investigated lilweird as a JOAT and then lilweird scrambled to claim Robert was wrong. If nothing else I assumed this would be the nail in the coffin for lilweird but the town basically overlooked this too.

This is the fatal part

Robert the role cop get a JOAT result and lww denied it. Then nobody discussed it.  :blink:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:615789
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:lynnesanity#2762

N1 I attempted to Visit brewers in his room but got a NO RESULT. N2 I targeted Lord MK. In witch I go story and saw these crystals surround Jemma, encase her, and she dissapeared. I was also told my character was Best Friends with Jemma. This is where I'm getting my theorys from. Obvously, It said in Green writing Shield Medic. N3 I Targeted LWW, I got Jack of all trades in green writing.

Robert was a role cop. He didn't get a read on brewers because he commuted N1. I can confirm this because I have the same role pm. When MK died, he came back as a medic. Idk what the fuck is going on with LWW because Robert claims he is a town JOAT, but LWW denies it.

This is where my theories are coming from.

I brought up something being fishy with LWW when Finster said I was wrong in calling him scum. No one commented back so I assumed since Robert had been right with everything else that when he said green letters it meant LWW was town.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

everyone needs to get ready for night time at lunch time so you can prepare for breakfast. The shield agents run on food

So what’s for lunch?

Tacos. Wal-mart truck meat tacos.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

I didn’t really have anything to share since I was cop for one night and finster even role blocked me.

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

I didn’t really have anything to share since I was cop for one night and finster even role blocked me.

I was convinced you were scum.  That's why I blocked you.  This game was unique for sure.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter