Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[LW-01] - Dark Souls 3 - MAFIA WINS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
359 replies to this topic

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

Congrats to brewers, captainjf, and Wolfpacks on one of the first mafia wins I think I've seen where all three mafia lived to the end. All three played really well from my perspective.

The one thing I'm sure everyone wants to know is the setup: it's Vengecop. Up until brewers' election game, we'd had almost exclusively role madness games since I've been playing, and I wanted to push back on that by building a game that would genuinely test IRON's player base. Vengecop felt like it struck the perfect balance of being as close to vanilla as I could get without being fully vanilla, but the vengeful cop action gave it a little twist. 

The biggest trick I had to solve was figuring out how to make it a closed setup without giving either side an advantage, since if I told everyone in the town that they were vengeful cops, they would be able to play most of the game with crucial information that mafia didn't have. That's why everyone in this game is told that they're vanilla, and the town are all told that they have a hidden action, which is revealed as the vengeful cop action when they are lynched. It basically forced everyone to play a bland vanilla game, but also secretly rewarded town for lynching. This is also part of the reason why I took away deadline half-majority; I wanted town to earn their lynch reward.

Most of the game should hopefully make sense now since most of it went pretty by-the-book, but I'm sure there's one more thing everyone will wonder about: what happened to Robert's N1 investigation? In short, I made a mod decision to block his action. He asked to investigate brewers, which obviously would have been a good call and would have shifted the game heavily towards town, but he made a comment in his PM about how he was doing it because brewers "would deserve it". In context, Robert had investigated brewers for three straight game days in MK's game (plus voted for him a couple times), voted to lynch brewers in my game, and was actively pushing to get brewers lynched in Kevin's newly-started game because he "wanted to pop brewers' lynch cherry." It felt like it was breaking the spirit of the game - he didn't have any legitimate in-game reason to investigate brewers, he just held some sort of grudge and wanted to see him lose a game. So I just blocked his action. I was hoping it wouldn't influence the game too much since it was already so vanilla, and I hope I made the right call to keep the game light and enjoyable for everyone, but I'd understand if people are upset. 

Regardless, I had a lot of fun modding my first game. It went almost exactly how I hoped it would go, although I wish town had caught at least one mafia and given themselves a better chance to win. Hopefully everyone else enjoyed the game too :) 

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
That wasn't the best course of action regarding Robert.

The best course of action would be not to add trolls like Robert and Torres into Mafia games.
Or just mod kill them on n0.

Cause if we had let's say lynched someone else and they choose to investigate brewers, town could have won.
So the inclusion and your cancellation of brewers's action deprived someone else possibly investigating brewers or equally beneficial as getting another innocent townie.

Which would have made a ton of difference today

We could have had either Kevin or rafay as town, Rafay wouldn't have voted for Kevin and we just had to single out the one townie, which was always going to be Rafay.

So again, i urge each mod to start banning trolls or atleast restrictions at the very least.
Every player could do their bit by refusing to play with these trolls.

Another possible solution for this game in particular would have been RNG for n1 investigations.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

I had fun, thanks LLW. I'm sorry you had to make a decision that big in N1 that affected the game so greatly. I agree with your reasoning, but I'm a little bias because I had great benefit from your decision.

I was super excited to put together my first fake claim. Thanks for brewers for the help with it. I had hoped it was believable.

Sorry to Kevin for the frame...

In other news, it's my first mafia win!

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
That's fair, I could have changed his action just to avoid punishing the rest of town, but I couldn't decide how to handle it until the very end of the night (I messaged back a few times hoping he'd change his mind, which of course didn't happen), and I didn't feel like I had any experienced mods to ask for advice since they were all playing my game. I don't agree with banning people who want to play and are active, but harassing someone you don't like over multiple games crossed a line for me that I didn't expect to face until it had already happened.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
I told you guys I was scum from the start lol why didn't u listen to me haha

We basically game planned everything. The original plan was to frame tony and then lynch mk and then torres.

Tony got lynched and then mk was confirmed town. So the shift went to torres and Kevin. I kept planting the Kevin is scum seeds and we planned to have captain fake RC as a cop to draw one vote on kevin. Captain was chosen for the fake rc because he is newer and would probably be trusted more for it. The goal was to get either Rafay or MK to vote for kevin and then we would quick hammer him before anyone could counter or doubt captains claim.

Rafay voted kevin right off the bat lol so it made the fake claim not really needed but oh well, it still worked

I def got lucky with the robert thing. But I get why lww did it. If he didn't do it, whatever personal vendetta Robert has with me wouldn't have been fair and would have basically won the game. He probably should have done an RNG and picked someone else to confirm, but overall, I think LWW did a good job modding his first game

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
I feel like n1 tilted the game towards scum.
Ah well, what's happened happened.

Atleast you can learn from this and make your next game better.

GG
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

gg

well deserved win

tho we should still have a chance if we figured out the setup

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

yeah if you got the set up, you could have busted captains RC up

tho rafay wasnt online so he wouldnt have unvoted before we laid the hammer

I was a bit worried someone would figure out the set up and bust captain, but that didnt happen so Happy Brewers

link to the QT if anyone cares to read it

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/KE2Hf2neASrV

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I told you I was town!

No hard feelings, though.

The setup seems fair, the town just got unlucky.  The dying townies could possibly selected scum with their investigations and that would change things dramatically.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

"kevin has played like trash recently in games."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

"kevin has played like trash recently in games."

Oof...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Good job on the moderating, Lilweirdward!

I liked the flavor and the updates.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

this

very detailed on the flavor.  great job.  even for a liberal!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

this

very detailed on the flavor.  great job.  even for a liberal!

ooof....

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun modding and coming up with the flavor. Glad everyone liked it!

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun modding and coming up with the flavor. Glad everyone liked it!

dude, like three people said they liked it.  dont let it get to your head with this "everyone" shit :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

dude, like three people said they liked it. dont let it get to your head with this "everyone" shit :P

I'm a liberal, you can't convince me with "facts." My truth is that everyone liked my game and I won't be convinced otherwise!

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I mean, I saw this coming when I was blitzed lynched day 1 for no reason. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

hey now, only rafay is allowed to claim his death lead to the loss for the town.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

hey now, only rafay is allowed to claim his death lead to the loss for the town.

Well he is the goat an all that

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter