Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BA-12] The Asylum Mafia MAFIA WINS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
363 replies to this topic

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

I did find it funny that Lyner called out that there wasn't a kill the same night i would use my action. Glad you guys didnt run with that 

goddammit lol

mislynching Kevin made me afraid to pull another conspiracy theory, so I just took my chances with CoD

gg

Fair enough, i would have been if i were in your shoes haha

Gg

As much as this game frustrated me, it was a great example of how towns in IRON mafia tend to bite themselves in the butt by both making silly scummy mistakes and then over analyzing bad play. All of us latched onto something kind of silly that another player did, and completely ignored the one player who essentially admitted to making two kills lol. Big kudos to CM though, he played a heck of a game.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the whole setup for this absolutely insane game lol.

Thanks! I agree that town usually ends up latching on a certain play at times. Reminds me of a game brewers and I were just talking about. He was mafia, and got SM lynched ( who was role cop, brewers fake claimed the same) because she worded something a little off. Everyone ran with it (including myself), and we lost that game if i remember correctly.

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

I mean when we start getting roles thrown at us that we know nothing about and aren't able to even look up properly, it kinda throws everything off. Especially in an already whacky game where there was so much insanity at play.

I also blame Brewers for threatening me for trying to no lynch when he threatened to modkill 3 people if we no lynched, cause the SK was one of them, and that would have made the game so much easier lol.

Also Lyner, you made it a decision between me or you when you voted me, which means I have to vote you back and just hope CM is town cause if he isn't we had already lost as soon as you voted. I doubt we would have talked our way to a different conclusion since we had both assumed with the limited info we had that CM's role was town. I had wondered because the link that was posted explaining the role describes it as a manipulative role, which doesn't sound very townie to me, but I figured there are probably "Manipulative" town roles too.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

what the heck was this game lol

I loved it

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

Also Lyner, you made it a decision between me or you when you voted me, which means I have to vote you back and just hope CM is town cause if he isn't we had already lost as soon as you voted. I doubt we would have talked our way to a different conclusion since we had both assumed with the limited info we had that CM's role was town.
At that point I already made up my mind lmao 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Discord ID:captainjf
I have to say, I legitimately thought I (2.0) was a cop! That's what my role message said. I was being coy because it also said I was a miller

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

Also Lyner, you made it a decision between me or you when you voted me, which means I have to vote you back and just hope CM is town cause if he isn't we had already lost as soon as you voted. I doubt we would have talked our way to a different conclusion since we had both assumed with the limited info we had that CM's role was town.
At that point I already made up my mind lmao 

thats fair. Like I said I think we had both come to the conclusion that CM was town since we didn't really know that much about the role

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

ILL UPDATE THE GAME PROBABLY ON MONDAY AS WORK IS A SHIT SHOW, BUT MAFIA WON

I WILL BREAK DOWN ALL THE ACTIONS, ROLES AND MODIFIERS

TOWN HAD TWO CHANCES TO WIN ON THE LAST DAY

1) LYNER REALIZING THE DEVA ACTION WAS DONE AND THERE WAS NOT AN EXTRA DEATH-  SHOULD HAVE REALIZED CM WAS MAFIA

2) LYNERS HIDDEN MOD WAS A LYNCH BOMB.  IF CM HAMMERED LYNER, CM ALSO WOULD HAVE DIED

MAFIA WAS:

CM, ROBERT,  FERASTICAL, VELOCITY

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

wat? Velocity was Jester?

1) LYNER REALIZING THE DEVA ACTION WAS DONE AND THERE WAS NOT AN EXTRA DEATH-  SHOULD HAVE REALIZED CM WAS MAFIA

2) LYNERS HIDDEN MOD WAS A LYNCH BOMB.  IF CM HAMMERED LYNER, CM ALSO WOULD HAVE DIED

MAFIA WAS:

CM, ROBERT,  FERASTICAL, VELOCITY

There were 2 deaths on the last night. Also possible that SK and mafia had targeted the same person, or that mafia had also targeted the SK. Not quite as cut and dry as you made that out to be.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

wat? Velocity was Jester?

1) LYNER REALIZING THE DEVA ACTION WAS DONE AND THERE WAS NOT AN EXTRA DEATH- SHOULD HAVE REALIZED CM WAS MAFIA
2) LYNERS HIDDEN MOD WAS A LYNCH BOMB. IF CM HAMMERED LYNER, CM ALSO WOULD HAVE DIED

MAFIA WAS:

CM, ROBERT, FERASTICAL, VELOCITY

There were 2 deaths on the last night. Also possible that SK and mafia had targeted the same person, or that mafia had also targeted the SK. Not quite as cut and dry as you made that out to be.

Mafia jester. Had to be lynched and mafia had to win, in order to get myself a win. :)

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

I do agree that Kevin can basically solo win the game if he is scum and lives one more night. ... Tbh I don't see a case for not lynching him, there's not a better candidate and nothing that confirms Kevin is town.

Ah ok so you definitely are scum and know that you just have to survive today to win. I know today is probably LYLO but we have CM's role so I would've expected a townie to be trying to talk through how to save the game when they flip town, not double vote the only other player with a vote as a last ditch effort to save themselves.

I was sure these guys were scum after these comments.

Regardless, it was fun.  Thanks to all.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
Yeah that was definitely my "reading some silly play as an obvious scum tell when it wasn't" mistake. To be fair, I still think that blatantly double voting someone near the end of the game for no reason other than to save yourself is scummy, but I should've pushed harder to get captain lynched earlier in the day instead of sticking with CoD because of my borked results, and waiting until the end when basically the only feasible options were you and Lyner who I didn't think was scum. Also the whole "lynch Kevin because he's a double voter" thing was definitely stupid, I'll admit lol.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

blatantly double voting someone near the end of the game for no reason other than to save yourself is scummy

why?  should kevin just said oh okay ill just be lynched?  this makes zero sense ... 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
I mean in hindsight I can see that he probably just figured that he could help more as a vote thief than anything else he knew, but in my eyes Lyner seemed at least somewhat townie and Kevin really made no indication at the time that he genuinely thought he was scum other than being annoyed that he was getting him lynched. A mislynch had a high likelihood of ending the game (not completely but it took it out of our hands), so what good does it do for Kevin to save himself just to mislynch another townie and lose anyway if he's town? It only makes sense if he genuinely thinks Lyner is probably scum, in which case he should've come to that conclusion before being on the chopping block, or at least made more of an effort to actually make a case for why Lyner was scum.

The reason just trying to hammer anyone he could to save himself looks scummy to me is because a scum might know that they basically only had to survive that night to win, at least with the likelihood that there were 2 left and they were on the same team. At that point you don't care about trying to lie your way out of it, you just want to get the mislynch and win.

Idk, I'm not saying I was right in selling out for lynching Kevin lol because obviously I wasn't, but I don't feel like I was wrong for thinking what he did was at least a bit scummy.

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Lol

Lww, the king at misreading signs
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

I mean in hindsight I can see that he probably just figured that he could help more as a vote thief than anything else he knew, but in my eyes Lyner seemed at least somewhat townie and Kevin really made no indication at the time that he genuinely thought he was scum other than being annoyed that he was getting him lynched. A mislynch had a high likelihood of ending the game (not completely but it took it out of our hands), so what good does it do for Kevin to save himself just to mislynch another townie and lose anyway if he's town? It only makes sense if he genuinely thinks Lyner is probably scum, in which case he should've come to that conclusion before being on the chopping block, or at least made more of an effort to actually make a case for why Lyner was scum.

The reason just trying to hammer anyone he could to save himself looks scummy to me is because a scum might know that they basically only had to survive that night to win, at least with the likelihood that there were 2 left and they were on the same team. At that point you don't care about trying to lie your way out of it, you just want to get the mislynch and win.

Idk, I'm not saying I was right in selling out for lynching Kevin lol because obviously I wasn't, but I don't feel like I was wrong for thinking what he did was at least a bit scummy.

I mean a townie would also know that if we mislynch there its highly likely we lose, If we mislynch someone other than Kevin we still have a chance no matter what since Kevin was town, if we mislynch Kevin like we did, its possible we lose that night.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Yeah I guess that makes sense. The whole game was rough so I'm not gonna defend any of my decisions too much lol.

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah I guess that makes sense. The whole game was rough so I'm not gonna defend any of my decisions too much lol.

I'm saying that in hindsight. I was concerned about the possibility that if he was scum, we would have lost immediately on a mislynch immediately.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

The Roles:

Mafia:

Ferastical- 1 shot insane ninja.  50/50 chance if he used his ninja ability it would be publicly announced who he visited.  

TW/Robert-  Role cop.  Sane

STP/CM- insane deva.  50/50 chance he either causes his target to also do their action on themselves or the action can be also duplicated onto CM.  that is how Kevin got three votes

Velocity - Goon but a Jester.  His teammates did not know he was a jester.  he could only win if he was both lynched and mafia won as a team

SK

Captain2.0-  was told he was a sane cop, but he was really a sk.  got the idea from shutter island (if the flavor did not give it away).  he was also a miller.  CM deva'd him and he killed himself

Town

Captain- insane doctor  50/50 chance he kills his target instead of protects them.  he self targeted and killed himself lol so Captain managed to kill himself twice in this game lol

LWW-  random cop.  even RNG rolls he got a town result, odd he got mafia 

lyner- miller

kevinH- insane vote thief, 50/50 chance he loses his vote and gives his vote to the player he tried to steal it from.  hence him having 0 votes and canik 2 on d2

CoD- paranoid cop

Rafay- Diagnoser, learns if his target has a sanity modifier (was a real role I just changed the name to fit the theme ;) )

MK -asylum dr, if target is attacked they become vanilla

canik- insane watcher, was told a random player who didnt target his choice

Jaden- 1 shot vanillaizer 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Lww's role is the same as cod.
Both roles are useless
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Honestly I think a game almost entirely insane is even harder than mountainous. At least in the latter, you know what you're dealing with, but playing with unknown and messed up sanities means you have to play with abilities without knowing how much they're actually useful, if at all. Almost every ability in the game was a negative utility too which makes the whole game way more difficult.

In all I think both sides had enough negative utility that it somewhat balanced out, but I would prefer not to play a game that bastardized again for a while lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter