Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583
  • Squadron:Kilo

Sorry for the GoldFinger reference.

I was watching a bunch of trailers on YouTube for Evil Genius 2.  Got really excited, and it released earlier this week.  Bought the game on Steam, and fell in love.

You get to play as a "Golden Era" Bond Villain.  Over the top world domination schemes, piles of yellow jump suited minions ready to do your biding, and awesome henchmen.

The main focus of the game is lair building.  Yes, it's evil.  No, it's not in a hollowed out volcano.  Running criminal networks, and thwarting those pesky agents of the Forces of Justice. 

If you like Satisfactory (another awesome game), or Sim City.  You'll more likely than not, enjoy this game.

I've put 18.4 hours into it. 

Only negative thing I have to say is it's a little bit of a grind. 

You have to complete story missions and side missions to unlock higher tiers of research, which will allow you to expand your lair, get better minions, and commit more dastardly deeds on the world stage.  

After all the time I've played it, I'm only on stage two for new tech.  Of course, I like to have lots of "goooold!" 

Sound track is amazing.

Something to look into, if you have a few dollars kicking around.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

iwin90

iwin90

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 4,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:347458
  • Souls Baptized:1,910,193

this game looks like empire of sin 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aglet Green

Aglet Green

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 126 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:627047
  • Souls Baptized:953
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Aglet Green#1985

I will check it out.  My steam name-- in a complete act of originality unrelated to my name here-- is Aglet Green.  

I really hated "Dungeons" but I loved "Dungeon Keeper" so I'm hoping I like this.

Edit: I just realized that I never played Evil Genius 1.  I'm going to get that first and see how I like it.  

Posted Image
I am a Milcom kind of guy!

Posted Image Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
No Mr. Bond. I expect you to watch this video of all the starving children in the world. Then die.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

Slight update.  70 hours in and I think I'm nearing the end game. 

The mid game is a grind.  However, I like doing the side missions.  They either give you loot, which it really beneficial.  For example, one of them gave me the Tsar Bomb, which gives you 140 power.  I stole a BBQ from Australia, which boosts your minion's morale when they eat it at.

There's also missions that allow you to take down various Crime Lords which oppose you, and you can deal with those pesky super agents.  The benefit is with both of these types of side missions, is you'll eventually kill them.  Which means you don't have to deal with them in the final mission.

Overall, I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

Like I said, (currently) 70 hours plus of game play for just under $50.00 CDN....worth it.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I've been eyeing this game, but I'm told some of the mechanics are very poorly implemented, and it's currently quite buggy. I might get it when they iron out the kinks in later updates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

76 hours now, and I've unlocked the side missions to kill the Super Agents.  Not sure how close I am to the end.

ccabal: To try an allay your concerns.  There was a patch earlier this week.  I'll admit its a grind.  Early on I ran out of space to expand, and it took me a while to unlock the Biologist minion which unlocked the next tier of research (Level 3), which allowed me to develop better mining techniques.  Some of the side missions, which you can only do one at a time can take upwards of an hour to complete.  Benefit is, you're not forced to do them. 

I'm no sure what you mean by mechanics.  I haven't got any complaints about the game play over all.  Yes, the waves of agents that come to your lair gets annoying.  Once you unlock the tier three and four traps...which takes time...you don't have to worry about them. 

Damned Venus Spy Trap has eaten more of my minions than enemy agents...but those minions didn't even have name tags, so what chance did they have?

In regards to "it's quite buggy".  In the 76 hours I've played I've had two crashes, and three bugs.  The game auto saves quite often, so no worries about crashes.  The three bugs I had were as follows:

Enemy Agents stuck on the beach:  Save and quit.  Restart and load last save.   Problem Solved.

John Steele Trainees not showing up: Save and quit.  Restart and load last save.  Problem Solved.

No progress on "Hold a Board Meeting".   Move the table.  Problem Solved.

Bear in mind, I'm playing as Maximilian. 

Hope it helps.  Like I said $50.00 CDN, you can't go wrong.

Well, you can...ask me about Homefront 2 or Star Trek: Legacy.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Thanks for the info HackSlash! I think I'll give the game a go once I'm done with the games I'm playing now (which is Witcher 3: Blood&Wine and a Stellaris campaign)

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

Another update.

I finished the game earlier this week....93 hours total play time.  Now, like I said, I completed all of the side missions.  Which included killing off all the rival Crime Lords and Super Agents.

There was another patch this week.

Started another run through with another Evil Genius.  Looks like the grind has been lessened.  I'm not sure if that's because it's a second play through or a result of the patch.  All I know is I can unlock the Biologist Minion after about two hours as opposed to nearly 20.

Like I said, if you like Sim City, or Satisfactory chances are you'll like this.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

iwin90

iwin90

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 4,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:347458
  • Souls Baptized:1,910,193

Another update.

I finished the game earlier this week....93 hours total play time.  Now, like I said, I completed all of the side missions.  Which included killing off all the rival Crime Lords and Super Agents.

There was another patch this week.

Started another run through with another Evil Genius.  Looks like the grind has been lessened.  I'm not sure if that's because it's a second play through or a result of the patch.  All I know is I can unlock the Biologist Minion after about two hours as opposed to nearly 20.

Like I said, if you like Sim City, or Satisfactory chances are you'll like this.

its now on xbox i play it today its fun

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users