Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Facebook is down

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo

Too bad it won't fucking stay that way :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I can only hope that it's the beginning of the end. I want to know why it was down... it was too long to be an accident.

Tech giants start screwing each other in a massive tech war. How juicy is that?

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

guess some intern made an oopsie in some data center, or atleast thats who they gonna blame :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583

Seems they had some more trouble a few hours ago: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/technology/facebook-whatsapp-instagram-down.html

Too bad it wasn't permanent.

Now if only the Three Ts of the Apocalypse (Twitter, Tumbler, and Tic Tok), would go away....

If you're interested there's a good documentary on NetFlix called "The Social Dilemma."  It's eye opening.

Of course, when ever I hear about Social Media and the damaging effects its had on society, I can't help but think about the "Cocaine Babies"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cocaine-babes-quebec-australia-1.4876903

Basically, two girls in their early twenties from Montreal who were Sugar Babies were given a pile of cash and an all around the world trip cruise by their Sugar Daddies.  All they had to do was smuggle 23 million dollars (about 30 kilos), of coke into Australia.  They got caught.  During the sentencing hearing for the younger one, the judge asked her why she agreed to do it, she replied "To get pictures of myself in exotic locations for likes and attention on Instagram."

Which the Judge promptly called a " "It is sad they seek to attain such a vacuous existence where how many likes they receive is their currency." https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-cocaine-smuggler-sentence-prison-1.4624409

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

If you're interested there's a good documentary on NetFlix called "The Social Dilemma."

I watched it a few days ago. Nothing I didn't already know, but I liked how they cast Vince Kartheiser, from Mad Men fame, to play an algorithm. Says a lot about how his career is going. They tried very hard to keep their politics from stepping on their message, but that kind of failed the more they tried to hide it, and then tried to sucker you into it. Netflix is another corporate conglomerate of the globalist left, and none other than Barack Obama is riding in the front seat of the wagon. Don't get me wrong about big tech... I'm one that wants them all to crash and burn in hell... but those guys don't want them to die... they want to control them.

Honestly, I only keep Netflix for shows like Ozark, Peaky Blinders, The Witcher... we'll see if they screw it up completely.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Which the Judge promptly called a " "It is sad they seek to attain such a vacuous existence where how many likes they receive is their currency." https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-cocaine-smuggler-sentence-prison-1.4624409

An that's the problem with modern society.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

guess some intern made an oopsie in some data center, or atleast thats who they gonna blame :D

If what I read floating around on the internet is to be believed, they basically shot themselfes in the foot, multiple times :D

Sounds like they DNS-hiccuped themselfes out of their own servers. Then they couldn't enter the server rooms cause their security devices where equally DNS-hiccuped into all points nowhere. To add insult to injury, they had to gnaw their way into the server rooms cause their internal network was equally DNS-hiccuped to oblivion and they couldn't look up who had the actual keys.

basically sounds like, don't run all your hardware on the same stuff AND updating it without running it thruw testing :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users