Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plane Crash II - Game Thread - GAME OVER!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1469 replies to this topic

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Alpha
Another day, another plane. Captain "Anger-Management" Tilden (As he was known secretly by the crew) had always been proud of how he handled the flights on his plane. Always smooth, orderly, and comfortable for the passengers. And he intended to keep it that way, he reflected, carrying his bags through the airport terminal. Today's flight was to be a tedious one over the atlantic. But never mind.

Got to keep alert, he mused as his bags went through a scanner. Terrorists were everywhere these days. The takeoff was, as always, impeccable. The passengers seemed fairly happy, apart from that hungover one complaining about the lack of painkillers, and Tilden settled himself down for a smooth flight.

A few hours into the flight, the door to the cockpit was nudged open, breaking the silence. Tilden stiffened. It was probably that flight attendant. It was no secret amongst the crew that Tilden had a thing for her. But he didn't care. He wasn't about to ruin his chances by shouting again.
"Ah, Marie, could you-"

That was as far as he got. Looking at the reflection in the window, he saw a man in plain clothes. A passenger? He was striding up to Tilden with purpose. Tilden's eyes widened as he saw the flash of a blade. He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't. A knife was swiftly drawn across his throat. He choked, swiftly passing into unconsciousness.

And yet no-one noticed the 2 dead pilots in the cockpit. Marie, the flight attendant, was about halfway through serving drinks. She glanced to the left, flashed a fake smile to the passenger before seeing he was unconscious.
She sighed, and rolled her eyes, recognising the passenger as the one with the hangover. She was about to turn away, when something caught her eye. Had he spilt coffee on himself? She sighed again, reaching for some napkins.

Wait. That wasn't coffee.
She screamed, noticing the blood spread out over the man's torso. The passenger's heads turned round to look at her. The man's pocket identified him as a Police officer.

It was happening again...

PLANE CRASH II

ALIVE (Italics indicates confirmation)
1. Narsis
3. Electric Mango
8. AKCPLUTO
9. Falzis
11. Aquinas
12. CanucksDynasty
13. Martino

DEAD
'Anger Management' Tilden, Pilot, slashed N0.
Nameless Copilot, slashed N0.
Nameless Hungover Cop, stabbed N0.

crazyemolad, TOWNIE, lynched D1.
Junkahoolik, TOWNIE, lynched D2.
KevinH, TOWNIE, stabbed N2.
Sir Jesus, TOWNIE, lynched D3.
Kaziocore, TOWNIE, killed N3.
Junkahoolik II, TOWNIE, killed N4.

Edited by molestargazer, 11 February 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
The Rules (Stolen from a game of my own and edited)
NORMAL RULES
1. This is a game. Enjoy yourself.

2. No editing or deleting posts.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing is OK.

5. Vote for a player to be lynched by using the Vote: molestargazer format. You must unvote before voting again.

6. Days will last 2 weeks. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be cut short if I get all actions in before then.
6-1. If discussion is lagging, I may impose a shorter deadline at my own discretion. Deadline extensions will happen on request - but will only happen once per day at most, and if I feel there's enough activity to warrant one.

7. A lynch requires a majority (50% rounded down + 1) vote. You can also No Lynch, by using Vote: No Lynch.
7-1. If there is no majority by deadline, only a half-majority is needed. (Majority / 2, rounded up if necessary)
7-2. If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

8. After someone has been lynched, discussion continues for 48 hours, along with Location Choosing done by each player.

9. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use orange text (That's mine), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

10. If you haven't posted in 3 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
10-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
10-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.

11. Vote counts will be made at the top of a page, edited into a post in orange. They will count up to and including the post it's been edited into.

12. Be nice. Excessive flaming will result in a warning, then a replacement or modkill as I see fit.

13. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

14. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens.

15. I am not perfect. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.
15-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOD: <Your message> format.

GAME MECHANICS
1. Each scenario will have a map. In it will be numbered locations.

2. ALL daytime discussion will take place with the players at Location 5 (The number in red on the map).

3. After a player has been lynched, the game thread will remain open for 48 hours. During this time, all players must post which location they are going to move to for the night, using the MOVE: Area 4 or MOVE: Economy Seating format. This is posted in-thread.
3-1. Players may NOT stay in Location 5 overnight.
3-2. If any player does not submit an action, they will be distributed randomly and refused any potential benefits for that night.

4. Different locations may contain items or useful things. The distance of an area to the discussion site has no relevance as to its contents.

5. Players may only carry out night actions on players they in the same area as.
5-1. Any players with night powers may move ONE area adjacent to the one they chose to carry out their actions. This is done by PMing their move with their action. RULE 5-1 HAS BEEN REMOVED.

6. These mechanics are a little complex, and I may not have thought of something. Ask in-thread or PM me if you are confused. Please use your discretion as to which way you ask.
6-1. Whilst I have done my utmost to make this game balanced no matter what happens, I have introduced some brand new roles into this game that I have created myself. Their effectiveness is debatable. Please don't whine if this game ends up swinging one way or another.

----

The flavour of all PMs will be slightly different for each player. This is intended for fun only.
Here is an example of a possible Townie PM.

Hm. You were just starting to enjoy the in-flight movie too.
A sudden scream tears your eyes away from the screen. You lift up your headphones curiously to hear a crew member crying about a dead guy in his seat. What? You get up from your seat and scramble over to see what's going on.
You see a man surrounded by a pool of his own blood, still in his seat-belt. Behind him, and empty row. Looking closer, you see a torn hole in the back of the man's seat where he was stabbed.

A group of passengers clump together and decide to find whoever's hijacked the plane.
You won't feel safe staying in your seat at night though...

You are a TOWNIE.
You have no powers other than your wits and your vote during the day.
You win when all of the Mafia Members are dead, and at least one pro-town member survives.

To confirm your role, please reply to this Role PM stating your confirmation and quoting me Rule ##.

Edited by molestargazer, 20 November 2009 - 10:21 PM.

• Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
All PMs are out - it is now the CONFIRMATION STAGE.
Your role PM will show you how to confirm your role.

When at least 11 people have confirmed, I will start Day One.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
The passengers onboard the plane decided that those who had hijacked the plane had clearly done so sooner rather than earlier. Which meant they were still on the plane. As this was being agreed on in dull murmurs, the plane banked sharply to the right.
"Woah!" The man looking at the dead passenger stumbled and fell over.
A few of the braver passengers rushed into the cockpit, determined to catch the killers in the act - but found only a small device plugged into the cockpit. A few passengers who had heard the story before looked solemnly at the small device.

"No... not this..."
"What is it?" Those ignorant of previous events turned to look at the man curiously. He looked up with a hardened glint in his eye.
"We're going to crash... in a few days' time. Grab the knife, and let's get hunting."

MAP
Posted Image

It is now DAY ONE.
Deadline is 16th November, at 7:30PM GMT(ish).

Good luck!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
fun fun fun!

modding was fun but man i love playing just as much. :P

so...shall we do the usual RVS...or shall we start with something more productive? not sure what exactly...

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
hmmm...just out a curiosity and something i'm pondering...:

the flavour text says we crash in a few days time...yet if we kill the mafia will we not crash anyway?

as for crashing itself...i'm fairly certain that it won't actually kill anyone if it does happen while the game is running and i doubt it will end the game. in fact, i doubt that it will matter at all.

but for the sake of flavor and interest...what happens if the mafia do die? is the plane saved? or do we all die in some fiery crash, essentially and for the purpose of flavor, defeating the purpose of even hunting the mafia?

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
  • Squadron:Kilo

hmmm...just out a curiosity and something i'm pondering...:

the flavour text says we crash in a few days time...yet if we kill the mafia will we not crash anyway?

as for crashing itself...i'm fairly certain that it won't actually kill anyone if it does happen while the game is running and i doubt it will end the game. in fact, i doubt that it will matter at all.

but for the sake of flavor and interest...what happens if the mafia do die? is the plane saved? or do we all die in some fiery crash, essentially and for the purpose of flavor, defeating the purpose of even hunting the mafia?

I presume it'll probably be somewhat similar to the first plane crash game.

In any case...

Vote: Narsis

Just RVS - Narsis gets my vote placeholder for being the first to post.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
T.T i really would prefer to do something more productive then the RVs but whatever.

actually...i kinda think it wont be as similar. considering:

1) in the first game there were two planes compared to just one here. this means that a crash is not actually needed for the game to play out. we also dont have any of the vote splitting nor likely will anyone get knocked out after the crash(if we do).

2) the plane is what holds the map so unless he has a map for the island(or whatever) as well with similar or the same bonuses...then what's the point of having the map? the map alone makes this a very different set up then the previous one.

3) in chatting with mole he mentioned that the game wouldn't end early like the last one. of course he may have changed his mind since then(it was back around his replacement in Mage Wars), but i doubt it.

4) iirc mole also mentioned there were some new roles that he himself devised for the sake of the game.

so what does this mean?

the game is quite a bit if not significantly different from the previous.

of course this block of text was more or less entirely unnecessary and just consists of me saying: dont assume anything.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Firkked

Firkked

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 781 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
A map with "useful items" in different locations, sounds fun.

MOD: May we move to multiple locations in one night before the 48 hour deadline under GM rule #3 expires (ie initially move to First Class, after several people move deciding to change to another location)? and if so are we limited to a certain number of moves to prevent an "ebay sniping" strategy variant?

with 3 weeks, more or less, for the day to play out I'll wait to vote until more people have shown up.

You may only move once in the 48 hour period (Move to ONE place and that's it).

Edited by molestargazer, 26 October 2009 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

angel of doom

angel of doom

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 414 posts
  • Resources:
i remember the first game and it was alot of fun. and just for the random vote to kick things off

vote:crazyemolad
Former Alpha CO
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264

T.T i really would prefer to do something more productive then the RVs but whatever.

actually...i kinda think it wont be as similar. considering:

1) in the first game there were two planes compared to just one here. this means that a crash is not actually needed for the game to play out. we also dont have any of the vote splitting nor likely will anyone get knocked out after the crash(if we do).

2) the plane is what holds the map so unless he has a map for the island(or whatever) as well with similar or the same bonuses...then what's the point of having the map? the map alone makes this a very different set up then the previous one.

3) in chatting with mole he mentioned that the game wouldn't end early like the last one. of course he may have changed his mind since then(it was back around his replacement in Mage Wars), but i doubt it.

4) iirc mole also mentioned there were some new roles that he himself devised for the sake of the game.

so what does this mean?

the game is quite a bit if not significantly different from the previous.

of course this block of text was more or less entirely unnecessary and just consists of me saying: dont assume anything.

Yeah...wouldn't know much about it since I wasn't part of the game when it started. I joined in as a replacement after the crash happened. So...yeah...whatever.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724
I'm really looking forward to this game. The locations add a whole new element to consider.

As for the crashing, I'm assuming that yes we will crash even if we kill off all mafia before. However, by that time we would have won already, so it doesn't really matter. I doubt mole would kill us all in the plane crash and give us a loss after playing a perfect game.

No. That would be kinda cruel. :P

Edited by molestargazer, 26 October 2009 - 10:58 PM.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

I'm really looking forward to this game. The locations add a whole new element to consider.

As for the crashing, I'm assuming that yes we will crash even if we kill off all mafia before. However, by that time we would have won already, so it doesn't really matter. I doubt mole would kill us all in the plane crash and give us a loss after playing a perfect game.

right which is why i said for sake of flavour and curiosity.

so about the locations...do you guys think we should try and figure out how they work and attempt to take advantage of them, or do you think they are more side things that might help or add a bit of a new dimension but aren't worth spending much time if any trying to figure out?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aquinas

Aquinas

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 416 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
I think we should make an effort to spread out as much as possible each night. If we are grouped we would loose information on zones and diverse benefits and possibly suffer extra losses if the scum occupy those zones (implied that if there are benefits their are also very likely penalties). I would say we spread out and discover as much as we can on night one about each zone and then adjust for proper benefits (penalties?) on night two and so forth.

Lord Aquinas of Aditi

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I think we should make an effort to spread out as much as possible each night.

I agree with this strategy.

I can see some possibilities where it might not be optimal:
  • Maybe, just maybe, a doc can protect everyone in their compartment.
  • A cop has to be in the same compartment as the person they investigate.
Here's the big reason why we should do it:
  • After someone is killed, we can put suspicion on everyone in the same and adjacent compartments.

MOD: Are compartments 2 and 3 adjacent to each other? (and likewise 7 and 8?)

No. -M

Edited by molestargazer, 27 October 2009 - 11:24 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
5. Players may only carry out night actions on players they in the same area as.
5-1. Any players with night powers may move ONE area adjacent to the one they chose to carry out their actions. This is done by PMing their move with their action.

So this means that people with night powers can move twice per day? Once in the 48 hours period and twice when they would like to use their night powers?

Only once when using their night powers.
They can move, like everyone else can, to somewhere to stay for the night.
They can then move to one adjacent compartment to carry out the action.

Edited by molestargazer, 27 October 2009 - 11:24 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
It does not matter if we crash as our only goal in this game is to kill all the mafia and at least one pro-town member survives.

Come to think of it, after reading this

and at least one pro-town member survives.

There could be a serial killer in the plane. Reminds me of the show Lost...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

I think we should make an effort to spread out as much as possible each night. If we are grouped we would loose information on zones and diverse benefits and possibly suffer extra losses if the scum occupy those zones (implied that if there are benefits their are also very likely penalties). I would say we spread out and discover as much as we can on night one about each zone and then adjust for proper benefits (penalties?) on night two and so forth.

spreading out does have its benefits...but we do need to be careful about it. sure we spread out but scum could more or less fairly easily put people in such a position as to be capable of targetting everyone. so as a method to avoid getting killed by scum...not necessarily going to work. i guess it would narrow the list somewhat though.

what i think would make a bigger effect would be seeing in what order and how/why people choose their location. i mean if we get together and say: you go here and you go here it doesn't really give us a good idea of who's mafia and who's not.

anyway i think that for at least tonight when it comes we should spread out with at least one person in each area. most will have two.

so that aside... i guess the question now is...who is scum?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017

I agree with this strategy.

I can see some possibilities where it might not be optimal:

• Maybe, just maybe, a doc can protect everyone in their compartment.
  • A cop has to be in the same compartment as the person they investigate.
Here's the big reason why we should do it:
  • After someone is killed, we can put suspicion on everyone in the same and adjacent compartments.

MOD: When the next morning comes, will the passengers know who spent the night with them in their compartment?

No. But all movements at the end of the day are posted in-thread.
Movements for night actions are unknown to anyone but the movers.

Posted Image

FOS: Aquinas and KevinH

Edited by molestargazer, 27 October 2009 - 11:25 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
EBWP: I submitted it accidentally, will explain more when I hear about the mod ruling.

Also to make it official,

MOD: Please answer my question above.

Done in the post above. :P -M

Edited by molestargazer, 27 October 2009 - 11:26 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter