Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plane Crash II - Game Thread - GAME OVER!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1469 replies to this topic

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
  • Squadron:Kilo

heh yes. and i understand why it would work.

but what if there isn't a cop? tbh i'm generally against a "follow the cop" strategy until we know there is a cop out there.

another thing: what happens in a game where the mafia can't nk and lynches continue? in almost every game the mafia is going to lose. by treating the day as a usual game and taking advantage of the map to limit or prevent mafia from nk'ing at all we could fairly easily win.

13 players...there's bound to be some pro-town roles...so I guessing there is at least one cop and one doc.
With no nk's we gain the advantage of the doc investigating 1-2 people (I am assuming that the plane will go down next day or the day after).

Well...let's see what everyone else thinks.

A very boring VOTE COUNT

Not Voting (13): Narsis, Junkahoolik, Electric Mango, KevinH, Firkked, Sir Jesus, crazyemolad, Falzis, Kaziocore, Aquinas, Martino, CanucksDynasty, angel of doom

Edited by molestargazer, 27 October 2009 - 07:27 PM.

PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

crazyemolad

crazyemolad

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,033 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320420
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
so far im am liking the map, when the plane crashes is the map still together???

most crashes i see the plane does not really make it alive! :P

Posted Image

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
The problem I had with "follow the cop" strategy in normal games was that one correct nk by mafia and there goes so many days of collecting info while the townies numbers dwindled.

Here...the scenario is different. The cop can gather info with much safety. Since mafia can't freely choose anyone (by move restrictions). Once we are all grouped into smaller areas/confinement (ie. when the plane crashes)...the cop can then share all the info that he found and be protected by the doc. Again...I'm assuming there will be a doc and a cop in a 13 player game.
PS3 80GB

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
well if the majority of the town thinks it's a good idea i'm not opposed to a no lynch.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Firkked

Firkked

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 781 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
I'd like to see us in 2,3,6 & 9 the first night so there can be some investigation of the cockpit, plus I'm scared that there could be snakes in area 1.

I'm not against a no lynch N1 and feel that if scum doesn't do their nk they're only helping the townies.

Every plane disaster movie has a cop and a doc, I'm assuming we do too. I'm also assuming that there will be at least one fake claim after N1.

/me waits for EM's FOS reason

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

well if the majority of the town thinks it's a good idea i'm not opposed to a no lynch.

Agreed.

And as I metioned in my previous post, the locations we should stay...
N1 - 1, 4, 7, 8
N2 - 2, 3, 6, 9
This will cover all areas in 2 nights such that we can gather any useful items.
PS3 80GB

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

I'd like to see us in 2,3,6 & 9 the first night so there can be some investigation of the cockpit, plus I'm scared that there could be snakes in area 1.

I'm not against a no lynch N1 and feel that if scum doesn't do their nk they're only helping the townies.

Every plane disaster movie has a cop and a doc, I'm assuming we do too. I'm also assuming that there will be at least one fake claim after N1.

/me waits for EM's FOS reason

Good point about the cockpit.

N1 - 2, 3, 6, 9
N2 - 1, 4, 7, 8
PS3 80GB

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
the order doesn't really matter but whatever.

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

Tempered IRON | NAH was here

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
well, we could have the cop claim, move to the cockpit and make him have access to just one person to investigate then set that person in a safe compartment. but it would limit the number of rooms we can use then. also, i don't know when exactly the plane will crash and what happens after that. if we are stuck in a regular game of mafia after it happens, the cop will get targeted first...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
don't think that's a very good idea.

what happens if he targets a roleblocker? what if it is mafia that could kill him and he dies early on?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

well, we could have the cop claim, move to the cockpit and make him have access to just one person to investigate then set that person in a safe compartment. but it would limit the number of rooms we can use then. also, i don't know when exactly the plane will crash and what happens after that. if we are stuck in a regular game of mafia after it happens, the cop will get targeted first...

Seriously?!??!?!?! No no no no. You don't have the cop claim on D1 unless absolutely necessary (ie. to avoid a lynch).
PS3 80GB

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
FOS: junkahoolik

for bringing up the idea of cop roleclaiming on D1
PS3 80GB

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
if we use the 4 separate rooms for spreading and forget about the rest, sure, we will lose the leads, but then the list of possible targets would be shrunk down to 2 people one of which would be scum the other probably townie. also, scum would probably not move in a 2 man compartment and perform a nk there since then they would paint a sure target on their back. i'd say we go for a lynch today and use the later strategy.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
i don't understand both of you... if the cop dies, it can only be one person that killed him. the guy he investigated.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

i don't understand both of you... if the cop dies, it can only be one person that killed him. the guy he investigated.

How is the cop roleclaiming and investigating one person adjacent to him any different from him not roleclaiming and choosing to investigate one person in the room he is with?

Only one difference...the cop identity is still hidden from mafia.
PS3 80GB

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

if we use the 4 separate rooms for spreading and forget about the rest, sure, we will lose the leads, but then the list of possible targets would be shrunk down to 2 people one of which would be scum the other probably townie. also, scum would probably not move in a 2 man compartment and perform a nk there since then they would paint a sure target on their back. i'd say we go for a lynch today and use the later strategy.

Lets try out your strategy for a second...

Cop roleclaims and we get one person to be with him in the cockpit (room 9).
That leaves only 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 available to the rest.
But to be completely separate from each other...there can only be 3 groups in rooms 2, 3 and 6 (with 3, 4, 4 people).

While this strategy can work...we just outed the cop.
But if a mafia was chosen or volunteers to be the first...guess what...mafia just killed the cop.
And yes...we can now lynch the mafia that just killed the cop.

I'm against giving mafia additional info that they don't need.

But I'll let the cop decide if he wants to roleclaim or not.
PS3 80GB

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:

basically, it tells everyone who is under investigation that night. if the cop dies, it can only be the guy who had access to him. the guy who is under investigation. i'd go for this idea if rule 1 of the game mechanics wouldn't be:

1. Each scenario will have a map. In it will be numbered locations.

this implies imo that there will be different location, not just the plane, that we will go to.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Firkked

Firkked

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 781 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
Vote: Junkahoolik

Suggesting cop roleclaim, additional arguments repetitious without adding new insights.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
oh, the first strategy i layed out implies the cop roleclaiming. the 2nd does not.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:

Vote: Junkahoolik

Suggesting cop roleclaim, additional arguments repetitious without adding new insights.

i don't really understand the additional arguments repetitious part... i don't really have n reasons for my first strategy. it's basically using the cop as a lie detector. simple. nothing else to it... just this one. i also thought that the advantages and disadvantages were clear for everyone to see though both narsis and CD gave me the impression that they didn't understand so i clarified that strategy... so why do you add that "additional arguments..." part??

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter