Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Presidential Debates

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

The first of the 3 televised Presidential Debates is airing tonight between 9pm to 10:30pm EST. Even if you do not have Cable/Satellite, Antenna, you can still watch it online for free. Many news sites are broadcasting it and I believe Facebook and YouTube will be airing it as well.

I'll be watching C-SPAN's website as they are doing a split screen shot of both candidates, so we will get to see how they both react toward questions/answers.

I'm sure other networks will be doing pre coverage, but here is C-SPAN's schedule:

7:30 PM EST: Debate Preview

8:30 PM EST: Pre Debate Briefing for the audience

9:00 PM EST Debate begins

https://www.c-span.org/

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

My wife took the night off... she's too damn excited. My 50" will be on Fox News. We will have pizza, a bottle of Merlot, and hope Hillary just passes out under the pressure. Just one coughing fit will do I suppose. We're good! :)

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

They be giving it live here aswell, even with subtitles :o

meh 3 am thou >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Gotta get up early, can't watch it :-\

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I cut the cable bill years ago so I just use Netflix and watch content from random sites.

I thought about watching it on Fox but I wasn't sure if they were going to do the split screen format.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
Well that was a rather lackluster debate. Was expecting better answers as neither candidate seemed to want to immediately answer a question. Definitely a lot of beating around the bush. But I suppose that is how political debates often go....

In all honesty this first debate was mostly a rehash of stuff we already knew. A few 'facts' and ideas were thrown around and I want to research some of these comments. But other than that I really didn't learn much about either candidate.

The dates for the next televised debates are:

October 4th: Vice Presidential Debate
October 9th: Second Presidential Debate
October 19th: Third Presidential Debate

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I cut the cable bill years ago so I just use Netflix and watch content from random sites.

I thought about watching it on Fox but I wasn't sure if they were going to do the split screen format.

They did use the split screen. I thought Trump was way too nice. Hillary attacked him relentlessly. Lester Holt just allowed her to talk and talk, and he always asked Hillary to respond first, except one time. Holt did it so fast and seamless so no one would notice... but I did. He hit Trump with a gotcha question about "Obama's first strike policy". Hell, I have not even heard about that, and Holt went to Trump to answer first, and that was the only time he ever went to Trump first. He played it well enough to get by, but it was not a fair question at all. Hillary was probably given the memo in 2009.

Nothing about immigration, healthcare, or Clinton's emails. It was obviously geared to help Hillary... but every poll I see says Trump won this debate. I can only think that it was Hillary looking smug and like a bitch that people don't like. The polls will tell the story.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480

I'm curious to know which polls, as a quick google of "post debate polls" shows Clinton leading in every single one, with the debate between "totally schooled trump and made him beg for his mummy" and "did a pretty good job and had a clear advantage."

Waking up this morning and checking through a variety of news sites (of all sides) it seems to come down to Trump had the bar set very low of "look, Presidential, don't say anything too stupid, have some kind of concept of what an issue is" and failed. 18 months on the campaign trail and still struggling to have coherent policy ideas is a pretty damning indictment.

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

The Time and fortune polls show that he won?

http://time.com/4506217/presidential-debate-clinton-trump-survey/

http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/presidential-debate-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480

Those are open access polls. They are statistically meaningless. Any poll which relies on a link on a public webpage essentially just polls which side tweeted the link more, and to an extent tells you the leanings of the person accessing that page. It does not give a true picture of the wider population. To show how little relevance they have, I just went and voted in them. If I delete cookies of my browser, I could go and do so again. If I were so minded (and had the technical ability), I could build a bot to go and do it over and over again. 

Polls with random samples, like those conducted by CNN and Public Policy Polling, show that Trump got owned last night. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Will probably see highlights in todays news, but heared Trumps twitter feed found itself trending again, just not in the "right" way >_>

EDIT: highlights were fun, some mutual poking of fun :D

poor presentator didn't get a hand from Trump :(

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

The Time and fortune polls show that he won?

http://time.com/4506217/presidential-debate-clinton-trump-survey/
http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/presidential-debate-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/

"A disclaimer: Online reader polls like this one are not statistically representative of likely voters, and are not predictive of the debate outcome will effect the election. They are a measure, however imprecise, of which candidates have the most energized online supporters, or most social media savvy fan base. After all, what they are counting is the number of Internet-devices controlled by people who want to vote."

Before the debate I shared an article that advised Trump to bring on the crazy because that has worked very well for him so far. http://theweek.com/articles/650644/why-donald-trump-should-double-down-crazy-tonights-debate

He brought the toned down (i.e. Refrained from name calling) crazy:

Stated that not paying any federal tax meant that he was smart.
Stated he did not pay many hardworking vendors he had hired to work for him because was good business.
Rambles that were incoherent and included something about -- Rosie O'Donnel???
Bragged about "making" Obama show his birth certificate, which means that he somehow "won" something (not sure what that means).
Completely ignored questions about harping his birther agenda for five years after "getting" said certificate.
Failed to see the irony of accusing Clinton of unfair attacks on Obama.
Babbled repeatedly that the press should ask some guy he talked to privately to prove he opposed the Iraq war.
Accused Mexico of stealing our corporations and that Ford Motors is closing shop and moving there (denied as totally false by Ford today).
Spoke over and interrupted the moderator repeatedly.
Completely ignored the moderator repeatedly.

Yep, brought the crazy. He'll probably win the election.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Those are open access polls. They are statistically meaningless. Any poll which relies on a link on a public webpage essentially just polls which side tweeted the link more, and to an extent tells you the leanings of the person accessing that page. It does not give a true picture of the wider population. To show how little relevance they have, I just went and voted in them. If I delete cookies of my browser, I could go and do so again. If I were so minded (and had the technical ability), I could build a bot to go and do it over and over again. 

Polls with random samples, like those conducted by CNN and Public Policy Polling, show that Trump got owned last night. 

CNN might as well be the "Clinton News Network", so whatever polling data they come out with I'd take with a grain of salt. I say this as someone who has no dog in the fight and has a similar level of dislike for both candidates.

The Hungarian news outlets I trust to be centrist concluded that Trump was stronger in the first third of the debate then Clinton gained the advantage. Overall, Clinton "won" the dabate by a margin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough

CNN might as well be the "Clinton News Network",

Just wanted to comment on this one, based on my experience from a few years back.

All of the American news media is biased.  I volunteered a few years ago to spend a year in Afghanistan for work (I'm an electrical engineer and they needed some serious help over there with power), and had access to most of the major American media over there, as well as Al Jazeera (the news company that we joked could bring you the terrorist suicide bombing live).

Want to know who seemed to be the least biased of the ones I was watching? Al Jazeera....

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Here is a list of some major sites which ran polls. While SM mentioned none these are in any way actual results (anyone with a VPN that uses a dynamic IP can theoretically vote infinite times), it is interesting to see that out of all 21 (technically 19 as I couldn't find the poll on 2 pages) sites listed, Trump is currently listed as the winner of last night's debate on 19 sites. So I decided to do some more digging in regards to polling. I went to CBS where Trump is listed as winning, NBC doesn't appear to have a debate poll (although this was probably the CNBC poll), CNN listed Clinton as the winner, and ABC doesn't appear to have a poll. Does that mean Trump supporters are more tech savy or embrace social media to a larger extent? Perhaps, or it could just be Clinton supporters didn't care to participate in online polls.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/09/26/polls-polls-polls-ok-who-won-the-debate/

My thoughts are that the debate was a stalemate. Neither side really gained, nor lost any public support. I suspect the next 2 Presidential Debates will carry more weight and those will be the ones which have the most chance of swaying voters.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

DVR'd it....wasn't planning on staying up late enough to watch it.  Ended up staying up a bit later then expected and listened a bit.  Was not impressed with what I saw the few minutes I watched.  From what I got from friends of mine who are both Republican and Democrat, most commented how pathetic the whole night was.  May watch it this evening but we'll see.

I don't really care to be honest about "who won it," as a open poll on a website is not accurate representation, and the "Experts" of various media outlets are bias and going to say whoever they support as the winner.  The only thing that matters is the polls and how they change, though polls in itself I don't believe are the most accruate gauge these days either

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Want to know who seemed to be the least biased of the ones I was watching? Al Jazeera....

Funny thing, but actually true. US news outlets are practically garbage, BBC lost a lot of its impariality in the last few years. It's a sad state of affairs that a Quatari news agency is the most balanced...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I believe Hillary Clinton won the debate on points, but lost the debate in public opinion. If you wanted to see Hillary pull out a bat and beat on Trump all night... you walked away smiling and believe she won. She attacked him personally the entire debate, but one thing is fact... everything she attacked him over, everyone already knows, it's old news, and most important, is not illegal.

It's not illegal to call a woman a pig, file a corporate bankruptcy, question a Presidents birthplace, or keep your tax returns private. All this has been beat to death, and the only people who care are the people who don't want him to win. Hillary Clinton on the other hand, is up to her ears in illegal activity... and it will be addressed.

Lester Holt gave Hillary the floor, and held Trump to a clock. He hammered Trump with follow up questions, and not once followed up with Hillary. When Trump brought up the illegal private email server, he simply said... "He mentioned your emails... would you like to respond?". Hillary had some professional sounding prepared speeches... but she lost the people by personally attacking Trump on meaningless character bullshit, and just acting like a smug bitch that is above the law. Too many people want her in prison, and calling Trump an asshole isn't gonna change that.

In a couple days national and state polls will start coming out, and we will see if the snap polls taken after this debate ring true. I'm curious to see what comes of it... and looking forward to the next debate.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
Trump talked and talked and talked. Holt told him time was up, Trump kept going. Trump talked out of turn. Trump ignored most attempts to moderate. If anyone dis agrees with the FACT that Trump talked quite a bit more than Clinton, they should get their ears checked. He also sniffled a lot, and denied sniffling after, claim his mic was sabotaged and no one could hear him, I heard every word and sniffle. He was often incoherent. He drank tons of water, too. I heard some people speculating about him being on cocaine, no idea if he was doped up, but I did wonder if he had a cold or something.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

They did mention him seemingly having a cold, from the few snippits I got during the news I wouldn't make such a claim thou.

would be hilarious thou, him keeping a common cold out of the open >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users