Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Presidential Debates

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Well SM, you should take heart in that Lys is a Republican who actually wants a Department of Education >_>

I don't know where you got that from. The DoE has thrown money away since it's inception, with no positive results. It should be eliminated, and eliminated immediately. Public schools should go back to being run by the states. Way more efficient, zero Federal debt, and the states can compete for talent. It breeds results.

Oh yeah, I also believe sports should be taken out of higher education.

That's all about University greed, and the NFL, the NBA, and MLB, can fork up the cash to teach their own.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

How dare anyone attempt to neutralize a legally elected president! SHAME!!!

Tell that to Ukrainians. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Hillary totally owned Trump. These debates are targetted towards those undecided voters IMO.

Trump can say the sun is purple during daylight and all the Breitbart readers will have a compelling argument as to why that is indeed the case.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Friday was a day of storms. As Georgia and South Carolina are now dealing with a Cat 1 hurricane... Donald Trump is dealing with a Cat 5. Yesterday was not a typical Friday... to the Trump campaign, it's Fried Day. I always knew that nominating Trump was a risk. Not just a risk, but a really big risk. He's a guy that during his entire life he either buys what he wants... or if it's not for sale, he takes it. You would hope that he would have boundaries. You would even give him the benefit of the doubt. You would believe that a man of his upbringing, that he would at the very least, have some class. Well we all have to judge for ourselves. Watch the video if you have not already... and be warned that it's not for kids.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

Now, I have talked to many people that want to ignore this as something that we all should have expected.

But... that's a huge but... I'm a married man with 3 daughters. I'm a Conservative Republican with really high morals. I support any effort for Donald Trump to abandon this race, and the RNC to call an emergency meeting to replace the top of the ticket. Mike Pence would be my first choice... but this is not very realistic. It's a lot easier said than done.

Everyone can say that he just talked about it, and Bill Clinton really did it... but I don't like excusing bad behavior by pointing at worse behavior. If Trump is still the best chance to beat Hillary Clinton, I will still vote for him. But I would prefer him to pull out and let someone else try. It was hard for him to win as it was, but he can't win this now. We shall see...

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

I look at it like this, Trump makes a remark about women 11 years ago and everyone goes nuts. Maybe we should ask the input of Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods....

Don't go after the sliver in someone's eye if you have a plank sticking out of yours. I don't like the fact Trump said what he did back in '05 but its old news. But nevertheless Democrat voters will grab onto this and run wild, even though their own candidate has said close to the same thing (calling 50% of Trump voters deplorable), got people killed, broke the law, allowed spies or anyone for that matter to access internal government conversations/intel, and only god knows what else.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

I support any effort for Donald Trump to abandon this race, and the RNC to call an emergency meeting to replace the top of the ticket. Mike Pence would be my first choice... but this is not very realistic. It's a lot easier said than done.

Replacing a candidate is basically impossible at this point.  To quote from Ballotpedia on "Deadlines for parties to certify their candidates for the general election":

The bulk of the dates for certifying the names of major party presidential candidates are in August and September. Mid August was the point at which either party could have found a replacement nominee and still have been able to get his or her name on the ballot in enough states to be competitive in November without having to navigate the courts and ballot access issues.

Ballots have been printed, many have been mailed out, and over 500,000 people have already voted.

But nevertheless Democrat voters will grab onto this and run wild, even though their own candidate has said close to the same thing (calling 50% of Trump voters deplorable)

Saying that half of one's opponents supporters are deplorable is expressing an unkind opinion.  Saying that you can get away with sexually assualting women (kiss without consent, "just grab them by the p----") is an admission of performing (or at least thinking of performing) activity which is absolutely illegal.

They are not close to being the same, and the obviousness of that is apparent to not just Democrats.  The following Republicans have now not just condemned Trump's remarks, they've un-endorsed him over them:

• Gov. Gary Herbert (R-UT)
  • Fmr. Gov. John Huntsman (R-UT)
  • Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID)
  • Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
  • Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
  • Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA)
  • Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO)
  • Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL)

Probably others, but references for those on that list are here: NBC News, Mediaite, TPM

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

Friday was a day of storms. As Georgia and South Carolina are now dealing with a Cat 1 hurricane... Donald Trump is dealing with a Cat 5. Yesterday was not a typical Friday... to the Trump campaign, it's Fried Day. I always knew that nominating Trump was a risk. Not just a risk, but a really big risk. He's a guy that during his entire life he either buys what he wants... or if it's not for sale, he takes it. You would hope that he would have boundaries. You would even give him the benefit of the doubt. You would believe that a man of his upbringing, that he would at the very least, have some class. Well we all have to judge for ourselves. Watch the video if you have not already... and be warned that it's not for kids.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

Now, I have talked to many people that want to ignore this as something that we all should have expected.

But... that's a huge but... I'm a married man with 3 daughters. I'm a Conservative Republican with really high morals. I support any effort for Donald Trump to abandon this race, and the RNC to call an emergency meeting to replace the top of the ticket. Mike Pence would be my first choice... but this is not very realistic. It's a lot easier said than done.

Everyone can say that he just talked about it, and Bill Clinton really did it... but I don't like excusing bad behavior by pointing at worse behavior. If Trump is still the best chance to beat Hillary Clinton, I will still vote for him. But I would prefer him to pull out and let someone else try. It was hard for him to win as it was, but he can't win this now. We shall see...

“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump told The Washington Post. Yeah, I'll net that's true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/amid-growing-calls-to-drop-out-trump-vows-to-never-withdraw/2016/10/08/8c0b5b7a-8d68-11e6-bff0-d53f592f176e_story.html

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I hear you Niels, but there are rules set up to deal with the death of a candidate, or their refusal to run. They can't force him out... but he can voluntarily quit the race. The ballots would be the problem, and they would most likely have to resort to a write-in type solution. It's all moot at this point because I don't think Trump will quit... if he did, it would be so much shame that he would lock himself in his tower and never be seen again... just like Howard Hughes.

What is worse is there is probably more from the NBC archives. This can't be everything they have. I have a strong feeling that he's bringing out everything he's got tomorrow night, and everyone in that audience better bring hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen to shield them from the heat. Nukes and flamethrowers will be used. I didn't want our election to go this way, but these two candidates know each other pretty well, and they are both way too ambitious to be running for President. I'm glad we have things pretty well set for our future... because I believe Hillary will end up winning this, and hell will follow in her wake.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I commend you on this.  I commend anyone willing to actually not make excuses for shit behavior, be it your candidate or not.  I have not been a Trump fan from the beginning, and as I've said many times, I would have at least given a GOP candidate a chance of getting my vote if it wasn't him.  I made a FB post about this and I've had many Trump supporters come out and make excuses for his comment, that all guys do this, it was 11 years ago, etc...not actually really letting his comments sink in.  That or comparing him to Bill.  I'm sorry, it was 11 years ago, but his actions to date have done nothing to show he's any different then 11 years ago, his track record of abusive and negative outook on women is well known, this only strengthens it.

Now I'm a Rand supporter...I'm a Paul family supporter in general.  I think he very well could be a good replacement for Trump, though he wont be a thought.  With the Libertarian Party having very mixed opinions of the Johnson/Weld ticket...if Paul was put on the GOP ticket I think most would drift there instantly.  Many are voting Johnson because of the two options, and that he best fits our ideals..but a option like Rand would move a large portion of Johnson supporters over, including myself.  I wasn't a huge fan of Cruz...but being part of a lot of Libertarian groups and discussions, many Cruz supporters have migrated to Johnson after he dropped out and even more after he endorsed Trump.  

But I don't think such a meeting or change will happen this late, though it should.  I just wish it did awhile ago. 

I also still believe that Trump was a Democrat plant

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

he would lock himself in his tower and never be seen again... just like Howard Hughes.

Regardless of whether he withdraws or loses, we'll all have to see him again for his upcoming hearings:
Trump University case - November 28

1990s rape case - December 16

After this new sh*tstorm hit the fan, it feels funny even mentioning these older controversies.

The ballots would be the problem, and they would most likely have to resort to a write-in type solution.

We know that a write-in campaign would be a mess.  Consider the 2010 Senate election in Alaska: Joe Miller ® fought every write-in vote for Lisa Murkowski ® that had a minor misspelling (Liza Murkowski, Lisa Murcowski).  If a Republican would do that to a Republican, you can imagine the Democrats would not be any more sympathetic.

Faced with a toxic nominee, the better solution would be to transfer allegiance to someone else already on the ballot (as was tried in the 2010 Colorado governor election).  In the current election, Gary Johnson (Libertarian), Darrell Castle (Constitution), and Evan McMullin (Independent) represent theoretically-acceptable nominees with sufficient ballot access to win.  Of course, somehow need to decide on one, and exactly one, for everyone to support, lest vote-splitting occur.

However, these machinations are all moot, since it seems that there are a large number of true-believer Trump supporters that would not follow.  For example, a guy from your neck of the woods, Rep. Joe Heck (R-NV), was booed by his own supporters for announcing he was no on Trump and no on Clinton.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Flying Kiwi

Flying Kiwi

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 60 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:595759

I really feel for the American electorate. The only choices you seem to have is between terrible and appalling, but at least you will get an elected government. Here in N.Z. we suffer under a proportional representation system which guarantees seats to any party which polls more than 5% of the popular vote. This often results in minority fringe parties being cast in the role of "king-maker" by granting or denying support to the major parties. You can only imagine the horse trading and shenanigans that follow a General election. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

Good luck to the long suffering U.S. tax-payer , I don't think your pain will end with either of the candidates being proposed. 

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I'll be keeping an eye on Gary Johnson. If his support swells to maybe 30%, it will be hard for anyone to not flip to his side. My wife is the one most devastated. She has been the biggest Trump supporter anywhere... and when I played that video for her yesterday, she just said "it's over, he lost". Now she only wants him to prove he really cares about the country... and drop out. If he stays in the race, we will still vote for him if he's the best chance to beat Hillary. If Hillary wins, it will be a long 4 years of nothing, and the Dems will probably primary her. No one trusts her... and she can't win again. We will also have to worry about some states just going into open revolt. It's a scary time for curtain.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
I had to actually look at the news for once to see these 11 year old comments. (I don't watch the news a lot.)

While I would never vote for Hillary, Trump's comments are pretty disturbing. As someone (him) taking a strong stance against Bill's faithfulness, actions of sexual assault, and Hillary's brutish tactics to keep them covered, Trump should've kept his own actions in mind. Despite the audio being 11+ years old, he was married at the time. As a man who constantly states that Hillary and Bill use their position of power for favors, isn't Trump using his elite socalite status to try and whoo married women following those same tactics? Despite different reasonings and outcomes of the two, Trump does worry me in some respects as this is yet another example of him using power and money for an advantage (though not even close to the extent the Clintons and Bushs do). Call it business tactics, call it whatever. Give the man control of the nation utilizing a mindset like that and it is a risky endeavor.

I know Trump has said off colored things before but this just rubbed me the wrong way. Despite that, Trump still belongs in the Oval Office ahead of Clinton in my opinion. As far as him dropping out, that'd hand the election to Hillary. No write in, replacement candidate, or existing candidate would be able to take on Hillary's brutish style, news/debate rigging, and combative debating unless we place Rand in that position but given the undecided populations opinion of Rand, I doubt he'd be able to pull a win.

And to Rhizo, I felt I was the only one with that twisted gut feeling that Trump is in this as a Dem plant. The feeling is still there and probably will be until he proves himself as President.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Strange days. Trump support is remaining surprisingly resilient. The Republican establishment obviously took advantage of the situation, and immediately distanced themselves from the Donald. Let's be honest... they have hated him from the start.

The Republican voters are steadfast with their support. It's like they expected it, and they even expect more. It's obvious that the Clinton campaign, the White House, and the vast liberal media, are working together to tamp down the avalanche of negative information coming from FOIA demands and Wikileaks on Hillary Clinton. So whenever some bad shit is coming out on Hillary... we will get another offensive recording of Trump from his early reality show days. Julian Assange said he has released one percent of what he has on Hillary... that means they will need a lot more Trump tape.

My wife came home from work last night and said to me... "If American women are so offended by what Trump said... who bought 80 million copies of Fifty Shades of Grey?" Well, she's right. We are all being played by a well oiled Progressive machine that is hell bent to undermine the U.S. Constitution, open our borders, outsource our industry, suck the wealth from our eyeballs, disarm the American people, and turn us all into Global Citizens. Not while I breath.

There is a Town Hall debate tonight. Maybe Donald Trump can expose Hillary Clinton as the lying bag of shit she is. We can hope.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Maybe it's more of a vote against Hillary than a vote for Trump.

Hillary is such a bad candidate..that despite all of Trump's drama, he still has got a chance. Honestly if it was anyone else, the race would have been truly over.

More comments leaked today from Trump...he even commented on his daughter...really.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

I commend you on this.  I commend anyone willing to actually not make excuses for shit behavior, be it your candidate or not.

I wish to second this, to many people in the US are allowing their favorite to do the thing they despise his/her opponent for. The thought about holding up a mirror weren't truer before.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Maybe it's more of a vote against Hillary than a vote for Trump.

Hillary is such a bad candidate..that despite all of Trump's drama, he still has got a chance. Honestly if it was anyone else, the race would have been truly over.

More comments leaked today from Trump...he even commented on his daughter...really.

Much of Trump support is purely anti-Hillary. If this was a Rubio, Pence, Kasich... this would not even be close. I blame the Republican Primary system for this. Same on the Democrat side. We have a choice between awful, and unacceptable.

If it's that comment from Trump saying if he were not her father he would be dating her... that's already been out there.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

Much of Trump support is purely anti-Hillary. If this was a Rubio, Pence, Kasich... this would not even be close. I blame the Republican Primary system for this. Same on the Democrat side. We have a choice between awful, and unacceptable.

If it's that comment from Trump saying if he were not her father he would be dating her... that's already been out there.

This may be the first comment involving politics with which I agree with you.

With regard to other comments about his daughter, Donald said it is OK to refer to her as a "nice piece of ass." I heard that recording a day or two ago.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

This may be the first comment involving politics with which I agree with you.

With regard to other comments about his daughter, Donald said it is OK to refer to her as a "nice piece of ass." I heard that recording a day or two ago.

I am guilty of brutal honesty, and when we are both munching a crap sandwich, I'll be the first to say it.

Here's a patriot from Florida... making it clear to Cane Matthew who is boss.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
Never change Florida. Never change.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic