Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The reunion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
687 replies to this topic

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724
  • Squadron:Kilo
The rules:

Set up
As mentioned in the sign ups, the game differs a little from a regular mafia game, but it is still about an uninformed majority versus a informed minority. It's based on haunted mansion games and since this is the first time we play one here, I'll go over all the basics.

Three factions:
The following three factions are part of the game:
- Townies: They start the game without any knowledge about other players. They also start the game without any items or knowledge about the map. For this first game, their win condition will be to eliminate the mafia.
- Mafia: As in a regular mafia game, the mafia all know each other. They also know most details about the map and they usually start with at least one item each. The mafia wins when all non mafia players have been eliminated.
- Vigilantes: Vigilantes also know each other. They may have some knowledge about the map, but considerably less than the mafia. They usually start with at least one item each as well. The vigilantes win when all mafia members have been eliminated.

Day
Like regular mafia games, the game consists of a day and night phase. However, the mechanics are different. During the day, everyone can move around on a map. Moving can be done by posting one of two commands in this thread: Move to Room X and Follow Player Y. You can move around all day long. For this game, one game day will lasts 5 real life days or until all players have posted in the topic that they want the day phase to end. In addition to moving around, the day can also be used to discuss strategies, suspects, etc.

Night
After everyone has settled for a room, the night phase starts. During the night phase every player can submit one command to me in a PM. At the end of the night, every player will get a report of what happened in his room. However, it will be a report from the point of view of the player, so you will not necessarily see everything that goes on in the room. Basically, each action has a certain chance that it will be detected by another player. The following commands are available:

- Search: Search the room you are currently in. In this way you may be able to find an item or stumble across some room functionality. (For example, when searching the bathroom, you could find a hidden explosive. Your report would then look something like: "Your search of the room exposes a hidden explosive. Hidden explosive: The explosive is linked with a detonator. At night when you are in the bathroom you can submit the action 'use: hidden explosive' to use the detonator. All players in the room will receive 2 dmg"). Every item has a certain chance that it will be found when someone performs a search. Therefore, if you did not find something on N1, it does not necessarily mean it is not there. After someone dies, you may also search their body and recover their items. If more than one player searches a body, the items will be randomly divided between the players.

- Use X: Use an item or room functionality. Whenever you obtain an item or find a room functionality, you will receive a short description telling you what happens if you use it.

- Watch Y: Watch player Y. This greatly increases the chance that you will observe their night action.

- Attack Y: Attack player Y. You can either use your bare hands to attack or use a weapon you have found/were given at the beginning of the game. Attacking has a high chance of being detected by other players.

Since writing all these individual night scenes will take some time, the nights may take a few days. You may already start submitting night actions during the day. I will accept conditional night actions, for example: attack X if X is in the room, otherwise search room. Once the day ends, you will have 24 hours to update your night action. At that point I will lock all actions and start writing the individual night scenes.

Map

This is the map for this game.

Posted Image

I will update everyone's position on the map a few times each day.

Health

All players start with 100% health. Attacking a player will reduce his HP. Once a player's HP drops to zero, he dies. Everyone's health will be updated at the start of each day phase.

Additional rules

(Stolen from Narsis, who stole them mostly from mole, and slightly adapted by me)

1. This is game. Play to win; expect to lose. And have fun.

2. No editing or deleting posts.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing role PMs is not allowed either. There is nothing in your role PM that you should be sharing with the other players. It is pretty much only flavour + win condition. You are allowed to claim a certain faction, but there will be no hinting about things that might be in your role PM.

5. Move to a room by posting Move to Room X. Alternatively, you can also follow another players by posting Follow player X. There is no limit to the number of moves you can make during a day.

6. Days will last 5 days or until all players have indicated that they are done for the day. Nights will last at least 24 hours, will most likely take a little longer since I need to write individual night scenes.

7. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use coloured text(except for mole who is allowed to use orange if he is acting as the super moderator of the forum), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

8. If you haven't posted in 2 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
8-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
8-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.
8-3. If you replace out, you automatically lose. If you are someone replacing in, whether it counts as a win or loss depends on how long you have been replaced in for.

9. Map updates will be made whenever I feel like it(or it is asked) and will be done in the first post.

10. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

11. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens.

12. I am not perfect. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.

13-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOD: <Your message> format. Or, y'know, you could PM me.

If anything is unclear you can either ask here or sent me a message. If I think the answer is relevant to everyone, I will post it here, but at your request I may make it an anonymous question.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
D2:

Map position:
Entrance(Dark):

Main Lobby(Light):
Chaoshawk, Curufinwe, KevinH, Narsis, AKCPLUTO, Theophilos, 19theSpecOps, Kasabian Kaziocore, Ccabal86, Nerau, Electric Mango

Kitchen(Dark):

Bed Room(Dark):

Health:

1. Ccabal86:Hurt and bleeding (3/10)
2. Curufinwe: Dead (0/10)
3. Theophilos: Dead (0/10)
4. Nerau: As good as dead and bleeding (1/10)
5. Kasabian: Dead (0/10)
6. Electric Mango: Healthy (8/10)
7. Narsis: Dead (0/10)
8. Chaoshawk: Dead (0/10)
9. KevinH: Dead (0/10)

10.Kaziocore: Badly Hurt (2/10)
11. 19theSpecOps: Dead (0/10)
12. AKCPLUTO: Dead (0/10)

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
MOD: Please clarify what day interactions will be like. You can only talk to people who are in the same room?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
It's been a while since I did Mafia; do we confirm ourselves in here or via PM?

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha

It's been a while since I did Mafia; do we confirm ourselves in here or via PM?

in this case it's via pm.

also hi. :)

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
Alright ... *PM's Martino* ... *waves*

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

MOD: Please clarify what day interactions will be like. You can only talk to people who are in the same room?

No, during the day the conversation will be in this thread. Since everyone can walk around freely, everyone can talk to each other.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
When you enter the main lobby, you see most people are already there. Seeing everybody is dressed up, you are happy that you turned around and picked up a costume. They all seem to be standing around something. As you inch closer to the centre of the circle, you see a big blue box with a red button on top. Next to the box is a "Push me" sign. You ask around, but nobody seems to know where it came from. As the last few people enter the Mansion, the discussion about the box starts. Who should press the button? Should someone press the button at all?

Start of Day 1. You have 48 hours to decide if someone is going to press the button. No consensus is required, a simple push button will result in that player pushing the button.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
So currently we are all in the main lobby?
If ever we would need to push the button, we should move away from the main lobby
in case it's an explosive that could damage everyone in the lobby unless that's what
we are all aiming for.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

So currently we are all in the main lobby?
If ever we would need to push the button, we should move away from the main lobby
in case it's an explosive that could damage everyone in the lobby unless that's what
we are all aiming for.

You contemplate leaving the main lobby for a while, but then you realize that doesn't really make sense. It is a class reunion, sure not everyone seems to get along, but why would there be explosives?

(You bring up a good point, I forgot to mention that nobody is allowed to leave the lobby until the end of the intro)

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

19thSpecOps

19thSpecOps

• NM|Registered Users
  • 274 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:218135
I can push the button for you all if y'all like?

Genesis Member / Awards Committee / Genesis Dipomat to NpO, AiD, KoC, IRON, RnR, MK, OSA, Ronin / Tech Director

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
ok well since we cant leave the main lobby...it's probably not an explosive. i'm guessing it's something that will only affect the player that pushes the button. the question now is: will it hurt them or help them?

also this game reminds me a lot of mole's Plane Crash 2. i've been working on some sort of game breaking strategy, or at least as close as i can get to one, similar to what the town tried last time. however, i dont think we can lynch in this game...so it will make it a bit trickier.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
MOD: Everyone can search, watch, attack right?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
agreed its the question to push or not push
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:

MOD: Everyone can search, watch, attack right?

At night, yes.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174
push button hehehe
Lets see what this does....

edit: unbolding

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
I was going to advise not to push the button but now we'll just have to wait and see...

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
Heh I am sure we will find out my fate soon enough, :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
Stupid double post :(

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
There is a brief discussion and some people think it would be better not to push the button. But Curufinwe has always been the greedy one and he quickly pushes the button before someone else gets a chance to. Nothing seems to happen, so he decides to shake the box and guess what's in there. At that point there is a small bang and Curufinwe falls to the floor. You're not exactly sure what happened, but he seems to be hurt. However, he quickly gets up and acts like nothing happened.

End of the introduction. You may now move around

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter