Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[CoD-01] Donner Party Mafia, Town wins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
655 replies to this topic

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043
  • Squadron:Kilo

If the Dietician finds a Cannibal, it would be best to not reveal it outright but make strong accusations for benign reasons, much like Euclid was doing to me.  Of course on Day 1, since nobody knows nothin', there's no point in making strong claims.  However, in later days when somebody is pushing hard to lynch based on weak evidence, that can mean there is more to it than is in plain sight.

It could also mean that the scum are playing to the role that the townies may indeed think they're the Dietician if they do push on weak evidence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Woah woah I'm starting to see a pattern here. Why does my voting seem scummy. All kaz has done is throw random wild suspicions at me n Imran. That's not scum hunting, it's scum working to perfection and Euclid the new guy seems to be blowing their cover. They were both on Kev bandwagon n now trying to frame me. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

Woah woah I'm starting to see a pattern here. Why does my voting seem scummy. All kaz has done is throw random wild suspicions at me n Imran. That's not scum hunting, it's scum working to perfection and Euclid the new guy seems to be blowing their cover. They were both on Kev bandwagon n now trying to frame me. 

I wouldn't trust you or Kaz, could be two damn scum.

But Kaz is very suspicious and his voting of you is a mystery imo as it seems like it was on based on that you voted against him after he bandwagoned(sorta scummy) on Kev.

I don't believe his reasons for voting you are solid in the light you may be a scum.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520699
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

@KevinH

- You suggest in #67 that the vig not kill tonight because he only has 30% odds even though I already explained in #58 that his odds are more like 50%.

- You downplay the information we can gather on Day 1. In fact much can be learned. Especially from wagons that form near the deadline and even more definitely from looking back at the convo and vote records after the lynch has flipped.

- You're idea to make vig kill suggestions is wrong on several levels. One of them being that the vig must factor the lynch flip into his decision and there is no point in making suggestions before this information is available.

@Imran Eshan

- Although I agree that inactives are not very useful, Martino having pre-announced his absence should be excluded from that at least until Thursday.

- More importantly, by auto-voting for an inactive you are just helping the scum. All they have to do to save themselves from your vote is putting in a couple of meaningless posts. Therefore auto-voting for an inactive is a sure way to lynch a townie and should be avoided.

- On top of that, it's not just the scum that may try to keep a low profile. The Dietician and the Vig may also want to keep attention away from them.

- Furthermore, by voting for an inactive you deprive the town of the ability to analyze your vote in relation to what has been said so far.

If you wish to remain off my suspect list you should change your vote rather soonish.

FOS @Shepard

@Xarastier @Rafay @Nerau @Lyner

Other then your RV posts you have so far only gotten 1 (Rafay) or 2 (Nerau, Lyner) very short posts in, or even none at all (Xarastier). Speak up please and elaborate. Who do you feel is more/less likely to be scum and why do you think that?

ZAEfgLu.png

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

Edit: Rafay got another short post in while I was composing that. So he is now at 1 RV + 2 short posts.

ZAEfgLu.png

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

Your voting seems scummy because you vote for someone who has been very active in hunting scum. Your statement that Kaz has done nothing but throw suspicions at you and Imran is a blatant misrep. He has been questioning, analyzing and since he was on the KevinH wagon obviously he had suspicions there too. This comes on top of your earlier misrep of Kaz where you said he put KevinH at L-3, when in fact it was L-4 and your dodging my calling you out on this. Yes, I am trying to frame you, and for very good reason too: you smell of scum.

ZAEfgLu.png

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

FOS @Shepard

Does that mean you find me suspicious? 

Elaborate on what the things stick out for you if you do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

Your voting seems scummy because you vote for someone who has been very active in hunting scum. Your statement that Kaz has done nothing but throw suspicions at you and Imran is a blatant misrep. He has been questioning, analyzing and since he was on the KevinH wagon obviously he had suspicions there too. This comes on top of your earlier misrep of Kaz where you said he put KevinH at L-3, when in fact it was L-4 and your dodging my calling you out on this. Yes, I am trying to frame you, and for very good reason too: you smell of scum.

Someone very active who could indeed be playing the role of a scum hunter but are actually a scummy themselves.

The scum would want to gain trust and favor by acting like a scum hunter but going down all the wrong paths.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

You have put KevinH at L-3 and now vote Kaziocore. None of which you have cared to explain much. And now you want me to elaborate? I think not. You go first.

ZAEfgLu.png

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

Someone very active who could indeed be playing the role of a scum hunter but are actually a scummy themselves.
The scum would want to gain trust and favor by acting like a scum hunter but going down all the wrong paths.

Lame excuse to vote for someone who is actually helping the town.

ZAEfgLu.png

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

Lame excuse to vote for someone who is actually helping the town.

I ain't following your protocols or whatever route you have planned in regards to who is suspicious or not.

I sure as hell ain't going to be voting for Lurkers(as there is hardly much progression in this early stage so may not post as much) and I sure as hell ain't voting for inactives which are too likely to comprised mainly of townies.

A scummy is going to be smart, he may be fooling the town into thinking he is out to get scum.

That's what is probably happening, obviously not all do.

The idea that all scum are laying low is ridiculous, a scum is going to be acting like a townie.

You may see that as lame but I see it as best reason than all the other ones listed so far.

As far as I am concerned you're all potential scum.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

I left this for a day and it's already at 5 page, I love you guys :P

@Xarastier @Rafay @Nerau @Lyner

Other then your RV posts you have so far only gotten 1 (Rafay) or 2 (Nerau, Lyner) very short posts in, or even none at all (Xarastier). Speak up please and elaborate. Who do you feel is more/less likely to be scum and why do you think that?

I'm not good at making essays so I prefer keeping it short and clear, and sometimes longer posts tend to make us miss some points so no, don't discriminate us :emot-psyduck:

Okay here we go:

- About the vig, I agreed of not controlling him, let him decide and let's pray he's a good player ;) Though I prefer him to lynch in hope to hit one of the 3 in 10(27/90), it's a better chance than mafia's and SK's combined probabilty to hit him(1/9 + 1/10 = 19/90)

- As I was said, at the end of day 1, if no one's convinving enough I'd vote for the least inactive one, that is, currently, Martino, Vig's lynch ability shouldn't be used to kill inactives, they should be used against the most suspicious one IMO

I guess that's all for now :wacko:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

@Commander Shepard

I agree with you that scum is less likely to be found amongst the inactives. My problem is with how you select your suspect amongst the actives, i.e if they act like town they may be scum. So, in order to prevent being voted for by you... should we all start to act like scum? Your reasoning just discourages much needed town behavior. You should instead look for those that try but fail (in some aspect) to look like town. Hence my current scum short list: Rafay, KevinH and you.

@Lyner

I don't expect everyone to post text walls. Just that if you don't then maybe you could post a bit more often. That being said. Thanks for your input on the vig kill and sorry to see that you may be wasting your vote on an inactive. Too bad that it is still not clear who you suspect at the moment as 1) you have not expressed any suspicions and 2) your vote remains where it landed during RVS.

ZAEfgLu.png

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

We have to agree to disagree.

And I am encouraging town behavior by questioning the alignment of a potential scummy.

Personally I think your shortlist is misguided and has a narrow view.

Rafay has showing no real signs of anything and his voting was sound enough, A scummy could indeed bandwagon a vote and then vote against Rafay for recognizing that potential.

KevinH is hardly a prime suspect either, no more than you or me.

And finally me.

The problem why your shortlist is narrow is because that is the only people on it.

If I was tracking my suspects everyone except me would be on it, you and Kaz would make my second and third of my top suspects for questioning.

And there is no way in hell anyone would be getting off it as all of them have the potential to be scum.

Personally if your shortlist was a physical object I would spit on it. :smoke:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

Don't worry Commander Shepard. I have a long list as well.

... you and Kaz would make my second and third of my top suspects for questioning.

Interesting stuff. Who is your first top suspect though? And why aren't you voting for him?

ZAEfgLu.png

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:

It's a hunch, though it is more than my feelings of you and Kaz and everyone else.

It is probably the type of person Kaz would vote even though I mostly disagree with the voting method.

I'm not voting them yet because I am waiting for more of contribution.

Naming the person is counterproductive atm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euclid of Alexandria

Euclid of Alexandria

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 272 posts
  • Resources:

I'm wondering how Nerau feels about the wagon that has formed on her random vote target Rafay. She seemed to object to KevinH being at L-3. Does the same hold for Rafay? If so, should she not move her vote somewhere else?

ZAEfgLu.png

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

this game is too chaotic for me...

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

... a scum is going to be acting like a townie.
As far as I am concerned you're all potential scum.

Quote For Truth!

Certainly the Vigilante will do what he feels is best and may have information from the lynch.

Here's another idea for consideration. The Vigilante should kill a near-top vote-getter that didn't get lynched. That would give additional weight to the lynch votes and one mafia scum would avoid the distancing vote on their buddy to keep out of second place.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133

I'm wondering how Nerau feels about the wagon that has formed on her random vote target Rafay. She seemed to object to KevinH being at L-3. Does the same hold for Rafay? If so, should she not move her vote somewhere else?

I really need to pick another avatar set :P She is a He :P

Besides that I agree with your premise, but since voting allows for pressure I am going to leave my vote where it lies for now

The comment per KevinH was the 1 2 3 vote jump that it appeared I believe rafay wasn't vote per that though I could be wrong.  

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter