Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Washington Redskins

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

GeniusInc

GeniusInc

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 230 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503547
  • Souls Baptized:657,279
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

The US Senate (50 of them) have urged the NFL to force the Washington Redskins to change their name.

https://www.google.com/#q=washington+redskins+senate&tbm=nws

I find it funny that the only people that have an issue with the name are the liberals (not even the Native Americans, just the liberals). But that may just be me.

What are your thoughts?

Name_on_flag_roughcast.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Being From DC area...Hail To The Redskins (And Dolphins), and fuck politics.  

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians.

If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive.  Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population.  Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No!  There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names.  Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged.  We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children.  The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits.  Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic.  Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates.  Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers---well that goes without saying . . . Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go.  We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should.  Just the kind of thing the do-nothing congress loves . . .

With all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers."

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tsayka

Tsayka

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 62 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:206853

The name should never be changed. The end. The team wouldn't be the same with a new one. 

And of course, change the mascot and you'd also have to change the fight song. IMPOSSIBLE!

rey the great

rey the great

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 70 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:517066
  • Souls Baptized:12000000
Oh my god I'm all in favor for keeping the name but this topic couldn't be more wrong (except for Tsayka's post)

e: Ok, to make this a little less inflammatory, they have had actual Native Americans say that, yes, they are pretty damn offended. No, making every other team name into a joke about how easily offended people are does not help the case. The only argument for keeping the name is because it is ingrained into the team's culture at this point and it isn't nearly as widespread a term as it once was. It is dictionary racist, simple as that. But the word has lost much of its meaning due to the team bearing the name and becoming synonymous. Dan Snyder's fund helps, too.

Braves is not an offensive term, Seminoles is not an offensive term, Celtics isn't an offensive term, Angels isn't an offensive term.

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

It's Dimocrats (spelling is correct), they will do anything to get any kind of traction on any issue to distract from all the scandals.

They are dead in the water from backing an administration that has only survived by dividing the country.

The Redskins just need to say no. If people really don't like it they would stop buying tickets... easily solved.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Oh my god I'm all in favor for keeping the name but this topic couldn't be more wrong (except for Tsayka's post)

e: Ok, to make this a little less inflammatory, they have had actual Native Americans say that, yes, they are pretty damn offended. No, making every other team name into a joke about how easily offended people are does not help the case. The only argument for keeping the name is because it is ingrained into the team's culture at this point and it isn't nearly as widespread a term as it once was. It is dictionary racist, simple as that. But the word has lost much of its meaning due to the team bearing the name and becoming synonymous. Dan Snyder's fund helps, too.

Braves is not an offensive term, Seminoles is not an offensive term, Celtics isn't an offensive term, Angels isn't an offensive term.

The first sentence was about the only thing i meant.  The other was just a comical email i got from someone months ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

duelking

duelking

Retired :(

• NM|Former Member
  • 8,361 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:126951

People fail to see the real problem and all the racist craft brew beer names out there. That is the real problem. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

duelking has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON.

Ha! Seriously, you're a CN hero...has anyone ever told you that?

DK... you are honestly a hero to all of CN.

duelking is a hero to all of CN.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

rey the great

rey the great

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 70 posts
  • Resources:

The first sentence was about the only thing i meant.  The other was just a comical email i got from someone months ago

I figured it was copy/paste, but even then :|

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

I know there's been some Native Americans come forward against it...and maybe because I'm not a Native American it doesn't effect me...but I dunno...I never looked at the name derogatory..it was just the name and mascot was an Indian head.  It's been the Redskins forever...the team has had great success and memories being that name...i just think people are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, and the people against it are searching hard to find some Native Americans who are against it to make a point...and I really wonder if they really care...or it's people wanting the name to change basically doing their best to find people they can get as a spokesperson to make it seem like all Native Americans are really upset.  I think it's just being blown up as a bigger deal then it should be

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541

I know there's been some Native Americans come forward against it...and maybe because I'm not a Native American it doesn't effect me...but I dunno...I never looked at the name derogatory..it was just the name and mascot was an Indian head.  It's been the Redskins forever...the team has had great success and memories being that name...i just think people are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, and the people against it are searching hard to find some Native Americans who are against it to make a point...and I really wonder if they really care...or it's people wanting the name to change basically doing their best to find people they can get as a spokesperson to make it seem like all Native Americans are really upset.  I think it's just being blown up as a bigger deal then it should be

But if we made a team named "The Atlanta Coons" with a mascot that's a stereotypical black guy, it would be different and everyone would be up in arms. Honestly, I agree that it isn't a serious problem, but that doesn't make it any less offensive to the people involved.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

rey the great

rey the great

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 70 posts
  • Resources:
Not to mention it's not as if this is just SUDDENLY an issue. People have complained forever.

Baldr

Baldr

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,613 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:205313
  • Souls Baptized:6,301,834

I don't think it's an offensive term at all.  And when they started using that name, it was to honor their coach, who was a Sioux.  (Go ahead, google it, the story checks out.)

As best I can tell, the vast majority of American Indians say that they aren't offended, and quite a few feel it's an honor.

I think it's silly to change it.

/Go Cowboys

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Red skins is a pretty offensive name, but if they are going to force them to change it all the teams with offensive names should be forced to change. 

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KingGarfield

KingGarfield

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552753
  • Souls Baptized:4838

Sure it's not the most politically correct term, But if they changed their name what would it be? The Washington Native Americans?

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

http://files.redskins.com/pdf/letter-from-pres-bruce-allen.pdf

Bruce Allen's response

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Outstanding response. As the November election rapidly draws near, you will increasingly hear the thundering drums of division in a desperate attempt to change the outcome of the wave of rejection that will fall on the failed policies, scandals, lies, and total lack of accountability that is called the Obama Administration.

If you're against the ACA... you're a racist. If you're in favor of the Keystone pipeline... you're a racist. If you believe the planet has been warming and cooling for billions of years and there is nothing that can be done to stop it... you're the flat earth society. If you believe people should pay for their own birth control... you're a racist. If you believe an abortion is ending the life of a human being... you hate women. If you're against giving U.S. Citizenship to 15 million illegal gate crashers... you're a racist. If you believe when Americans are getting killed that you do something to save them... you're a racist. If you expect your government to tell the truth... you're a racist. If you believe Government agencies should not be used as a weapon against your political opposition... you're a racist.

I can go on endlessly with what has happened in the last 6 years. I am wholeheartedly ashamed of what the left has done to our country and I will draw my last dying breath fighting against Marxist chains. Dirty Harry Reid is the only thing that stands between the people and the Obama veto pen. That will change in November. It hurts me so very much that Dirty Harry... is my Senator.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541
Wow, the left are marxists :v! Imagine that when our.liberals are more conservative than the conservatives in Europe (or anywhere else)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I'm preparing myself for the hate mail from this post. 

I don't much care for the team itself. Really only care about my Broncos. The only thing I know is they got our all coach and they got Robert Griffin the third. And....A song pops in my head when I read this. Witch will probally bring me hate mail. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Deputy A

Deputy A

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,247 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:551489

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/18/news/companies/patent-office-redskins/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

Not sure if you are aware (you are at 100 tech, so maybe you do know, but gonna say it anyway), when you are buying tech to send out, NEVER have more than 100 on hand at one time. You should be profiting from selling tech if you are using the 12 step format. Starting at 0 tech, buy 12 batches in this order: one batch of 4.5, then two batches of 10, then a batch of 5, then four batches of 10, a batch of 5, two batches of 10, and finally a batch of 5.5.

NOTE:
If you have an odd number of tech that is less than 0.5 tech (0.01 to 0.49), ignore it as if it doesnt exist. This can happen from being hit in war and losing partial tech. So if you have 0.34 tech, buy like normal using the steps exactly. (You'd have 4.84 in this example after buying the first batch of 4.5...and end with 100.34 after all batches are bought).)

If you have an odd number more than 0.5 (0.51 to 0.99), you would buy only 4 on the first batch, not 4.5. So if you have 0.69 tech, you only buy 4 tech on the first batch, then follow all other steps exactly. (You'd have 4.69 in this example after buying the first batch of 4 instead of 4.5...and end with 100.19 after all batches are bought. Then your next time buying you'd follow the above example having less than 0.5 tech remaining.)

o/
JC
Echo MS

0.0 to 4.5 (4.5)
4.5 to 14.5 (10)
4.5 to 24.5 (10)
24.5 to 29.5 (5)
29.5 to 39.5 (10)
39.5 to 49.5 (10)
49.5 to 59.5 (10)
59.5 to 69.5 (10)
69.5 to 74.5 (5)
74.5 to 84.5 (10)
84.5 to 94.5 (10)
94.5 to 100(5,5)

DERIVATIVES THAT I NEED TO KNOW
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

jrkee

jrkee

Forged

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 74 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:332132
  • Souls Baptized:1,758,595

I still hope the team keeps the name. main reason cause if the redskins are so offensive then why arent the KC chiefs being attacked? Atlanta braves? or Cleveland Indians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users