Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Streets of Detroit/Karma

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
Thank you! Finally someone gets me.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo
To answer Mole's question, my vote on Falzis was a random vote but based off of something I seen from him in his last game(s).

I, as well as many others, like to start out the game by voting for someone to get things rolling. Usually it's just a random vote or I vote for someone in a way that adds a little humor to the game. I was going to vote for someone anyway and Falzis seemed like the best pick.

My vote during day 1 will most likely change as the day progresses but my vote on Falzis is as good as any at this point.

Don't get your feelings hurt Falzis, I respect you for thinking and doing things your own way last game. I've always considered myself as a free thinker and don't always tote the party line either. You did have good discussions last game and I look forward to playing with you this game as well.

Besides, we all know Mole is the real scum. :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
Random number generator selects...#3

Vote: Narsis

(for voting someone with mod-like powers :blink:
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

To answer Mole's question, my vote on Falzis was a random vote but based off of something I seen from him in his last game(s).

I, as well as many others, like to start out the game by voting for someone to get things rolling. Usually it's just a random vote or I vote for someone in a way that adds a little humor to the game. I was going to vote for someone anyway and Falzis seemed like the best pick.

My vote during day 1 will most likely change as the day progresses but my vote on Falzis is as good as any at this point.

Don't get your feelings hurt Falzis, I respect you for thinking and doing things your own way last game. I've always considered myself as a free thinker and don't always tote the party line either. You did have good discussions last game and I look forward to playing with you this game as well.

Which is....
PS3 80GB

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
his tendency to not follow the majority...:P

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174
Vote : captain8track

Heck he is someone to vote for, never actually seen him, and hasn't spoken yet. This could and will change (most likely)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Ok, not sure about this, If KevinH is a mod, then surely he cannot play as he knows all the roles?

Edit: Answered my own problem...

This post has been edited by Curufinwe: Today, 12:24 PM

Usually, we are not allowed to edit a post in the thread. No biggie, but thought I might mention it for future reference.

Suppose I place a random vote.
The drug lords will know if it's against the mafia.
If I get lucky and randomly pick a mafia, the drug lords will pile on and we'll lynch the mafia. That's a good thing.

Alternatively, a drug lord can vote for a mafia and hope the townies pile on. That's a good thing, too.

The remaining mafia will then probably night kill one of the lynchers in hopes of getting a drug lord. If they get a drug lord, that's a good thing, too.

With a little luck we can have 2 less scum tomorrow.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
Disagreed with KevinH.
The drug dealers wouldn't simply pile on. That would make them easy pickings for the town once the mafia have been eliminated, surely?

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

his tendency to not follow the majority...:P

I think it was Martino that said it best...why are you answering a question not directed at you?
(I did something similar in a previous game and learned my lesson).

If EM was scum...and he didn't have a reasonable answer...then I would have place suspicion on him.
As it is now...you've given him an out.
PS3 80GB

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Disagreed with KevinH.
The drug dealers wouldn't simply pile on. That would make them easy pickings for the town once the mafia have been eliminated, surely?

Drug dealers have the most info in the game. Thus I can see them trying to influence the game to their liking. It would make sense for the drug dealers to target a mafia member to get rid of them first in order to gain the NK ability.
PS3 80GB

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Disagreed with KevinH.

If they won't vote for the mafia, then the rest of the town will have to do the lynching and then the ones that didn't vote to lynch would be targeted as drug lords.

It's certainly a Wine In Front Of Me situation. But if I were a drug lord, I would really, really, really want the mafia eliminated first.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captain8track

captain8track

Cast IRON

• BR|Member
  • 681 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:029528

Vote : captain8track

Heck he is someone to vote for, never actually seen him, and hasn't spoken yet. This could and will change (most likely)

What the?! But I haven't even posted here! I've given you literally NOTHING to base that decision on. Why would you do that?

Unless... unless you're looking for a scapegoat. Unless you're seeking to sow discord and chaos amongst the ranks, dividing the populous so you can conquer them with ease. Yes... that's exactly what you'd want to do.

Vote: Curufinwe

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

What the?! But I haven't even posted here! I've given you literally NOTHING to base that decision on. Why would you do that?

Unless... unless you're looking for a scapegoat. Unless you're seeking to sow discord and chaos amongst the ranks, dividing the populous so you can conquer them with ease. Yes... that's exactly what you'd want to do.

Vote: Curufinwe

1st of all I'm on an iPod so typing limited. 2nd wth? Ever heard of random voting? I'm pretty sure you have.

Also cd I agree with what narsis said. I can elaborate more tomorrow if u want me 2.

From what I can see so far keV looks good

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
captain8track, have you played mafia online before?

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Ok lol I got carried away there. I thought you were being serious and I didn't want to die like Aquinas last game so I went on defensive mode knowing a lot of players here blame me partly for screwing up previous games (*cough* Narsis *cough* :P).

I think the drug dealers have something to ride on with the random voting stage. They can vote "randomly" but in reality are voting for Mafia and hopefully create a trend of votes. So as of now any "random" vote could actually be not random at all. Hopefully this will give us hints as to who are druggies and scummies.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
This is sort of like having two cops with complete investigations from the beginning.

The cops (drug lords) need to hint and guide the discussion without being obvious. The downside is that we will need to immediately lynch a drug lord.

Possible scenario if drug lords give good hints:

Day 1: Mafia #1 lynched by town
Night 1: Townie #1 night-killed by mafia
Day 2: Mafia #2 lynched by town
Night 2: Townie #2 night-killed by drug lord
Day 3: Drug lord #1 lynched by town
Night 3: Townie #3 night-killed by drug lord
Day 4: Townie #4 and Drug lord #2 roam the streets of Karma

We need to hope that the mafia night-kills a drug lord. That presents a much better scenario.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

This is sort of like having two cops with complete investigations from the beginning.

The cops (drug lords) need to hint and guide the discussion without being obvious. The downside is that we will need to immediately lynch a drug lord.

Possible scenario if drug lords give good hints:

Day 1: Mafia #1 lynched by town
Night 1: Townie #1 night-killed by mafia
Day 2: Mafia #2 lynched by town
Night 2: Townie #2 night-killed by drug lord
Day 3: Drug lord #1 lynched by town
Night 3: Townie #3 night-killed by drug lord
Day 4: Townie #4 and Drug lord #2 roam the streets of Karma

We need to hope that the mafia night-kills a drug lord. That presents a much better scenario.

It's a possibility.
However, all the drug dealers have to do is wait for an incorrect townie vote and join the bandwagon resulting in...

Day 3: Townie#3 lynched.
Endgame.

So in reality Day 3 is lynch or lose.
PS3 80GB

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
the thing is that scenario works against the drug lords. meaning they probably won't follow it...at least not now. of course you get into the whole WIFOM thing...but still.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
Then, ideally, we would want to lynch a drug lord day 2 and then mafia/drug lord day 3.

The 2 drug lords couldn't force the lynch of a townie as easily.

Now that that's thought out, who are the mafia and drug lords? :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

The 2 drug lords couldn't force the lynch of a townie as easily.

What makes you say that Kevin?

Drug dealers know who the mafia are.

As you (or someone else) has already said, they can drop strong hints on who we should lynch.

The drug dealers could just as easily give a townie name instead of a mafia name.

Maybe I read your quote wrong or took it out of context. I'm not accusing you of anything but wanted to get clarification.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter