Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My boss might get fired...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo
Plenty of stuff to be learned from new HoD, some critical for my career. Nonetheless yea, I definitely don't see myself here in medium long term. That is crystal clear.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
Fast forward, my new hot HoD was transferred to other division in Feb, they wanted me to handle all the stuff at 1/5th of the salary, yes that's not happening. Tho, I did work things out as a professional for as long as I could. With nothing to learn but herd headless chickens, and HR having total lack of anything ready for me career wise, my motivation was now completely down the drain. It was really hard mentally, I was taking stress. My CEO was now boss again, he's an extremely good guy and professional. But CEOs don't have the time to groom and teach you and my ambitions were now diverging way too much from current trajectory of the career.

I found another job, 25% fixed pay rise, can go up to 40℅ with variable component. I took it, and have resigned from existing job.

I'm serving notice period and currently in a state of dont-give-a-fuck about anything :-).

I really feel CN is totally dead politically at the moment, I login to see what's going on here and keep nation alive. OWF is more of toxic shit hole then it has ever been. I've tried several games over the last couple months and OWF by far is the worst. If I look back and see the moment of no return, it has to bethe cultural shift of lulz taking over after Karma. I'm not taking about political changes or other power centres taking over, but for OWF to be dissolved down to shit talking.

Keeping myself busy with dota2, wow and Eve.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493

Congratulations on moving on, Shah! :)

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

Fast forward, my new hot HoD was transferred to other division in Feb, they wanted me to handle all the stuff at 1/5th of the salary, yes that's not happening. Tho, I did work things out as a professional for as long as I could. With nothing to learn but herd headless chickens, and HR having total lack of anything ready for me career wise, my motivation was now completely down the drain. It was really hard mentally, I was taking stress. My CEO was now boss again, he's an extremely good guy and professional. But CEOs don't have the time to groom and teach you and my ambitions were now diverging way too much from current trajectory of the career.

I found another job, 25% fixed pay rise, can go up to 40℅ with variable component. I took it, and have resigned from existing job.

I'm serving notice period and currently in a state of dont-give-a-fuck about anything :-).

I really feel CN is totally dead politically at the moment, I login to see what's going on here and keep nation alive. OWF is more of toxic shit hole then it has ever been. I've tried several games over the last couple months and OWF by far is the worst. If I look back and see the moment of no return, it has to bethe cultural shift of lulz taking over after Karma. I'm not taking about political changes or other power centres taking over, but for OWF to be dissolved down to shit talking.

Are you saying you're leaving CN? 

The game did get way less fun after Karma. That war was the height of the game (at least, in my opinion.) But as for the OWF being a toxic shithole.... I mean, yes, it was/ is. But pre-Karma (or at least pre-WotC) people were too scared to voice any kind of opposition to NPO/ 1V. The IOs went around threatening everyone. It's years ago now but I literally remember some random guy expressing disagreement with NPO imposing a viceroy on GATO and Z'ha'dum was like "Is that the official position of your alliance?" in his most sinister way.

Yeah, I know it's a bit weird that I'm so obviously a Karma supporter and yet I'm now an IRON member. I'll just say that I joined IRON in spite of my views on politics because I thought you guys were cool. :> Glad things have worked out for you irl Shah.

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Congrats on the new job Shah, if there is no way up you need to move on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

Are you saying you're leaving CN? 

The game did get way less fun after Karma. That war was the height of the game (at least, in my opinion.) But as for the OWF being a toxic shithole.... I mean, yes, it was/ is. But pre-Karma (or at least pre-WotC) people were too scared to voice any kind of opposition to NPO/ 1V. The IOs went around threatening everyone. It's years ago now but I literally remember some random guy expressing disagreement with NPO imposing a viceroy on GATO and Z'ha'dum was like "Is that the official position of your alliance?" in his most sinister way.

Yeah, I know it's a bit weird that I'm so obviously a Karma supporter and yet I'm now an IRON member. I'll just say that I joined IRON in spite of my views on politics because I thought you guys were cool. :> Glad things have worked out for you irl Shah.

I'm here until IRON is here :).

Today was my lat day at work :), it a was a good farewell, good wishes etc, gg. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

So tl;dr

That boss got fired, new boss came, she was awesome, plenty ofnew projects came, but they shifted her and all the load was back to me with no prospect of raise, I was like, nopes. Found  a job, with 25% raise and 33% less work load. Glad things turned out well. o/.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

So tl;dr

That boss got fired, new boss came, she was awesome, plenty ofnew projects came, but they shifted her and all the load was back to me with no prospect of raise, I was like, nopes. Found  a job, with 25% raise and 33% less work load. Glad things turned out well. o/.

nice

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

linpingping1314520

linpingping1314520

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 54 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:000000

delete

Edited by DeathMerchant, 08 October 2017 - 05:32 PM.
Spam. Needs deletion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users